PDA

View Full Version : The Sword of Ultimate Chaos

Zangano Athyran
2011-05-03, 11:42 AM
I am in need of a community of creatives to help me with a project. I am soon going to run a Pathfinder campaign and in this campaign there will be an artifact called the Weapon of Chaos. It is a combination of a magical weapon and a Rod of Wonder.

+1 Morphing Sizing Metalline Energy Aura Scimitar. At the end of combat or after five minutes of inactivity it reverts to scimitar form. It can be activated in the same fashion as a Rod of Wonder, but when used as a weapon it has a 25% chance of activation.

I need you guys because it will have 1,001 different possible effects. Standard Rod of Wonder things are already included, as well as many of my own creation, but I am way short.

The items effects should have a dark and sinister feel, even if they are beneficial.

1,001 = All possible effects activate at the same time.

Morph Bark
2011-05-03, 11:57 AM
Why such an arbitrarily high number? At that amount, it will become unwieldy, the chances of an ability ever seeing use will become extremely small and due to the amount many abilities will no doubt be similar.

88 would be a much better number. Lower and chaos-related.

Zangano Athyran
2011-05-03, 12:04 PM
Why such an arbitrarily high number? At that amount, it will become unwieldy, the chances of an ability ever seeing use will become extremely small and due to the amount many abilities will no doubt be similar.

88 would be a much better number. Lower and chaos-related.

Well I will be taking most of the responces and existing effects and adding to or changing the area, so in effect you are correct, however the number 1,001 is a huge pun to the characters in the campaign, as it is arabian-themed. I have about 75 preexisting effects from previous custom Rods of Wonder, and these form the core of the what I have. What I am looking for are original ideas I can add to these.

Also the number will scare my players into using it wisely...hopefully.

Morph Bark
2011-05-03, 12:21 PM
The easiest way to find 1001 random effects is probably to turn it into a game on the Silly Message Board Games (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34) forum. :smalltongue:

But I see, that makes sense setting-wise I suppose. I don't suppose you've thought of simply listing a lot of spells and the random effect being the selected spell being cast?

Zangano Athyran
2011-05-03, 12:29 PM
I have thought of (and made) a spell table, but that will be for filler material.

The reason I want to do this here is because of the object's eerie nature. This object is intended to be taken seriously. I can't get that with the crazies on the silly games board. :smallwink:

erictheredd
2011-05-03, 12:30 PM
this is just a drop in the bucket but...

Blindess, Deafness, loss of taste, touch, smell.
grant blindsight, +20 to listen checks, strengthen sense of taste, touch, or smell. (+-10 to relevant skills, -4 to relevant saves (such as nausea or reflex)
darkness
thunder clap
weapon changes to axe for 5 rounds (or something else)
target is infested with fleas
user is infested with fleas
rat appears on shoulder of target/User
diease inflicted on target
illusion causes target to look like user
illusion causes target to look like Zombie
death threat appears on victims back
user gains bite attack d4 for five rounds
cloud of locusts (obscures sight) appears in front of weapon.
thin wall/hedge appears 5ft in front of weapon
make mud puddle in front of weapon
make target grow scales (+1 AC)
target changed to look like target's mother (-1 Morale to attack and damage) 5 turns
20 ravens circle above for 5 minutes
user yells out "I am <NAME>!"
shoots out snake
covers user's hands in spikes (unarmed strike d4 no penalty)
teleports user 10 ft backwards in a cloud of black smoke
target starts raging (will save neg) wether or not they are a barbarian (hope this goes off on the wizard, not the fighter)
song is heard. Inspires all (both sides) to hit harder (+1 attack all)
target is lit on fire

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-05-03, 01:01 PM
Some of this may prove useful.

10,000 Random Magical Effects (http://www.traykon.com/pdf/The_Net_Libram_of_Random_Magical_Effects.pdf)

MesiDoomstalker
2011-05-03, 05:46 PM
Some of this may prove useful.

10,000 Random Magical Effects (http://www.traykon.com/pdf/The_Net_Libram_of_Random_Magical_Effects.pdf)

I wish I had time to read all of these, they are really funny.