PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the Incantatrix

Alabenson
2011-05-03, 11:53 AM
I think I must be missing something, but, having read the class, I don't quite understand why its considered as broken as it is. Granted, its capstone power "Improved Metamagic" is very powerful, but the rest of its class features don't seem overpowered, and the uses I've seen for "Improved Metamagic" still seem less game destroying than DMM (Persist) abusing clerics or the Planar Shepard, both of which I've seen the Incantatrix compared to frequently.

Essentially, why exactly is the Incantatrix considered game-breakingly powerful?

Douglas
2011-05-03, 11:58 AM
Cooperative Metamagic and Metamagic Effect are the two main offenders, really. Get your Spellcraft bonus high enough, and a DMM (Persist) Cleric's buff list will look positively puny in comparison to yours if you go that route - and that's just one of many things you can do.

Optimator
2011-05-03, 04:21 PM
Unless you're looking at the old version, the Incantatrix has no fewer than four overpowered abilities on top of it's bonus feats and full advancement. Metamagic is one of the most powerful things in 3.5 D&D and this class makes it easier than anything. GOd I love that class.

Wings of Peace
2011-05-03, 04:22 PM
If this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20010803) is the Incantatrix you're looking at then you're looking at the wrong version.