PDA

View Full Version : Animal Companion and Familiar OR Enhanced Familiar/Companion

RollynT.Glal
2011-05-03, 12:42 PM
I doubt that I'm the first person to come up with this idea but still feel like I should ask for feedback from the folks on the forums.

One of my villians for my "War of Scars" campaign is a Ranger/Wizard. He has more than enough levels in Ranger to get an animal companion and because of the heavy snake = evil feel of the campaign (I personally love snakes but when you throw the PC's against an army of Yuan-Ti they start making connections) I feel like it would be beneficial for him to have a medium viper companion... but he also has a tiny viper familiar from his Wizard levels.

The problem is mainly thematic because, without going into too much detail, he already has two lieutenants and so the two snakes would be a wonderful reflection of that, but I've also been entertaining the idea of an Enhanced Familiar/Companion after looting through my old RPG stuff and finding my first character, a Ranger with an incredibly overpowered snake familiar.

So my question is: Does anybody have an opinion on the subject? Please give reasoning behind your choice. Thanx!