PDA

View Full Version : If you could have a pokemon what would it be?

druid91
2011-05-03, 02:37 PM
If suddenly pokemon were released all across the world, and pokeballs were developed within weeks...

Which would you set out to capture?

For me,

Legendary: Mewtwo.
Normal:Vulpix.

Mewtwo, because... well, it's Mewtwo.

Vulpix, Because who wouldn't want a cute little fox thing that is loyal and is a living flamethrower to people who want to hurt you?:smallcool:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-05-03, 02:39 PM
Munchlax, Combee, and Bagon.

Mando Knight
2011-05-03, 02:39 PM
Charizard. You don't need anything else. (Although by stats, one of the other dragons would technically be better)

Traab
2011-05-03, 02:40 PM
My ever loyal bulbasaur. I still fondly recall making that the only pokemon id ever use in a fight, and being able to clean sweep the elite 4 all by itself because it was like 15 levels higher than anything they had. That thing is awesome! Vine whips would be really handy in and out of battle, razor leaf is a nice and painful way to take care of my enemies, and all its other stuff is pretty cool too.

Gaelbert
2011-05-03, 02:58 PM
Tropius. It's big enough to ride on, it can fly, and it can produce an infinite supply of bananas. That's all I want in life.

CrimsonAngel
2011-05-03, 03:01 PM
TOO MANY CHOICES. :smallfurious:

Espeon.

druid91
2011-05-03, 03:02 PM
Tropius. It's big enough to ride on, it can fly, and it can produce an infinite supply of bananas. That's all I want in life.

Wait... It can fly?!!:smalleek:

arguskos
2011-05-03, 03:13 PM
Wait... It can fly?!!:smalleek:
Those wings aren't for show, brah. :smalltongue: Also, I'm a big fan of Tropius. :smallcool:

Also, a friend of mine (with a smutty mind) said Ditto. I'm sure you can figure that one out. :smallyuk:

Personally, I'm torn. There's just too many to pick from. If I could have Legendaries, it'd be Mew. It's just so... cute.

AgentofOdd
2011-05-03, 03:13 PM
For legendary Pokemon, I'd take Mew. It's just too cute. As for non legendary, I have a soft spot for Shedinja. There's something appealing about having a soul stealing void for a pet.

druid91
2011-05-03, 03:16 PM
Those wings aren't for show, brah. :smalltongue: Also, I'm a big fan of Tropius. :smallcool:

Also, a friend of mine (with a smutty mind) said Ditto. I'm sure you can figure that one out. :smallyuk:

Personally, I'm torn. There's just too many to pick from. If I could have Legendaries, it'd be Mew. It's just so... cute.

I was not aware of two things...

one that those were wings...:smallredface:

and two that ditto could copy people.:smallannoyed:

Jallorn
2011-05-03, 03:35 PM
Gardevoir, Blaziken, and Dragonair. If I have to narrow it down, Gardevoir and Blaziken... no, I can't pick just one of them.

Altaria87
2011-05-03, 03:47 PM
... Altaria.
Yeah, obviously, plus Altaria is the Coolest Thing Ever. I mean, it's a dragon, but with clouds for wings, what's not to like?
Other than that, Phanpy, Teddiursa and Chubchoo would be nice for cuteness factor.

Forum Explorer
2011-05-03, 03:51 PM
in order: Eevee , Dragonite, Kabutops, Lapras, Gardivor, Charizard

Goosefeather
2011-05-03, 03:52 PM
CHARMANDER. And Abra.
And Vulpix and Ponyta. And Growlithe. And Vaporeon.

I would go with an all 1st-gen Fire team, but I prefer Vaporeon to Flareon, and Abra (and evolutions) is all kinds of awesome.

grimbold
2011-05-03, 03:59 PM
i would totally go insane looking for a
pikachu
then a bulbasaur
then a charmander

Zocelot
2011-05-03, 03:59 PM
For Legendary, I'd go with Dialga, cause controlling time is pretty handy.

For non-legendary, Wailord is the way to go. He is my all time favorite. My second favorite is Dragonite, which I'd go with if Wailord couldn't be used on land.

Evil DM Mark3
2011-05-03, 04:00 PM
Alakazam.

Telepathy, telekenisis and superhuman IQ? PLEASE!

Dienekes
2011-05-03, 04:04 PM
Arceus.limit

AtlanteanTroll
2011-05-03, 04:19 PM
For Legendary, I'd go with Dialga, cause controlling time is pretty handy.

See, Celebi's better. It's tinier, so you can take him to school outside of a Poke Ball. Because lets face it, if you were a Principle in a world where Pokemon were real, would you let them bring Poke Balls to school?

druid91
2011-05-03, 04:21 PM
See, Celebi's better. It's tinier, so you can take him to school outside of a Poke Ball. Because lets face it, if you were a Principle in a world where Pokemon were real, would you let them bring Poke Balls to school?

Which is why you have mewtwo mind control him.

Then you go on with your school with an incredibly powerful psychic being as tutor.

G-Man Graves
2011-05-03, 04:24 PM
If I could get a male and femal eevee, I would eventually get around to getting the whole family.

Fredaintdead
2011-05-03, 04:25 PM
Normal: Electivire
Legendary: Mewtwo. Totally Mewtwo.

Mewtwo for badassery, and Electivire for being my favourite and for being Super-Yeti.

Orzel
2011-05-03, 05:15 PM
Dugtrio.

Revenge Earthquake and I can auction the pic of the bottom half of him FOR MILLIONS!

How much would you add to the "What's the rest of Dugtrio look like" fund?

*.*.*.*
2011-05-03, 05:17 PM
Arceus, because who doesn't want their own personal GOD.

Non legendary? Tyrannitar, Because Godzilla is epic

Lord Loss
2011-05-03, 05:22 PM
Team Rocket's Meowth. I want a smart-mouthed furry kitty sidekick oh yes I do!

thubby
2011-05-03, 05:26 PM
alakazam. most of the powers of mewtwo, none of the angst.

druid91
2011-05-03, 05:32 PM
alakazam. most of the powers of mewtwo, none of the angst.

And 1/100000th of the awesome.

Mewtwo really isn't all that angsty. Just very angry with a lot of power to back that anger up.

MammonAzrael
2011-05-03, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I'd have to go with Arceus. Assuming, of course, standard rules apply and it would obey you. Because really, having God in your pocket is teh win. Seriously (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=282).

If we're excluding legendaries, well there are still a whole lot of HAX pokemon, especially when you consider their fluff and such. Alakazam is a strong choice as are most psychics. I suspect that Ditto would be an incredible choice as well.

Zocelot
2011-05-03, 06:05 PM

If I have a Dialga, who is going to tell me where I can or can't take it.

Orzel
2011-05-03, 06:12 PM
If I have a Dialga, who is going to tell me where I can or can't take it.

Some punk kid and his Ho-oh roaming the hall. Cause he thinks fire birds are cool and is too dumb to think about rock attacks.

Traab
2011-05-03, 07:46 PM
ditto was able to turn into people in the original series. Though that ditto had an odd face due to its issues with transforming.

Marnath
2011-05-03, 08:18 PM
Jigglypuff. Because it's cute.:smallbiggrin:

If I had to take a useful one, probably Metagross. I can think of a number of uses for my own super computer/walker tank. :smalltongue:

Jallorn
2011-05-03, 08:24 PM
Jigglypuff. Because it's cute.:smallbiggrin:

If I had to take a useful one, probably Metagross. I can think of a number of uses for my own super computer/walker tank. :smalltongue:

Jigglypuff would be very useful for people with insomnia.

John Cribati
2011-05-03, 08:26 PM
Houndoom. Because It's an attack dog that breathes fire. Also Eevee, both male and female, so I could get a Glaceon, Umbreon, and Vaporeon. In that order.

Trazoi
2011-05-03, 08:34 PM
If I put some thought into it I could probably think of one that would be ultra-useful, but off the top of my head and given I've been playing the latest versions I'd pick Minccino purely because it's ridiculously cute. (And surprisingly powerful as Cinccino.)

Blue Ghost
2011-05-03, 08:37 PM
A Togekiss. No question. A lovely flying Pokemon that goes around and spreads happiness to everyone? Yes please! :smallbiggrin:

Tvtyrant
2011-05-03, 08:40 PM
Probably a Vaporean or a Gyrados. I like water.

Nerocite
2011-05-03, 08:46 PM
Legendary: Entei.
Non-Legendary: Snorlax.

Traab
2011-05-03, 08:49 PM
Having one of the big pokemon would be cool and all, but i have to think about logistics. What do you FEED a dragonite? Im pretty sure its more than a couple cups of kibble a day. At leats my bulbasaur is fairly small so feeding it wouldnt be a drain on my resources. Although I WOULD like a dragonite. Super smart, super strong, able to fly, and take me with him? Hell yes!

Lemonus
2011-05-03, 08:54 PM
An Empoleon. Those things rock. And a Blissey, for healing. And Arceus, for having a god. And a Dusknoir, for the fact that it can teleport my foes to a different dimension. And Shaymin, with those flowers that change it to Sky Form. Because Shaymin is cute. And for a full party, Groudon. For Fissure, and instant-charge Solarbeam. Plus, who's gonna mess with the guy with a Groudon?

I can get more than one, right?

Chess435
2011-05-03, 08:54 PM
I'd like a ditto, because they're like the batman of the pokemon world.As well as for other reasons which I will not go into detail on these forums.

Though, Dragonite, Alakazam, and Shaymin would be fairly awesome as well.

MammonAzrael
2011-05-03, 08:59 PM
Having one of the big pokemon would be cool and all, but i have to think about logistics. What do you FEED a dragonite? Im pretty sure its more than a couple cups of kibble a day. At leats my bulbasaur is fairly small so feeding it wouldnt be a drain on my resources. Although I WOULD like a dragonite. Super smart, super strong, able to fly, and take me with him? Hell yes!

Dude. It's a dragonite. You can let it eat whatever the hell it wants. Who is going to stop it? Just send it out for a couple cows or something and you should be good. Or better yet, get it a job. It's probably smarter than you are anyways, so it can earn it's keep.

Best reason to go with something like Alakazam or Metagross is to do things like winning the stock market.

Nameless Ghost
2011-05-03, 09:15 PM
Umbreon, to be immune to everyone's godmode Psychic-type attacks.

Or Glaceon. In fact every Eeveelution but Vaporeon. Sorry Vaporeon, but I can only have 6 Pokemon in my party. :smallfrown:

Traab
2011-05-03, 09:21 PM
Honestly, I didnt much care for the eveelutions in general. From what I recall, especially the early game versions of them were fairly weak representations of their type. Their only hook was being able to make an entire balanced party out of a single pokemons evolutionary choices.

Dvandemon
2011-05-03, 09:42 PM
I would choose Audino, Togepi, Snivy and Slowpoke (with a Shellder and King rock).

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2011-05-03, 09:49 PM
Torterra. I thought maybe Squirtle-slash-Blastoise, but more likely Torterra.

Or Metagross, yeah.

Or! Or, a Torterra with a Metagross living symbiotically in its spiky bone-stone-mountain side.

Wait no that's a terrible idea.

Yeah just Torterra or Metagross. Either one, really. Both awesome.

Maryring
2011-05-03, 09:55 PM
For legendary, I would pick Victini. Victini would make me win at life, and he is so incredibly adorable with a great spirit. The alternative would have to be Jirachi or Celebi. Probably Celebi because I like nature.

For non-legendary, if I can choose a specific one, I'd have Ukulele Pichu. That little guy is smart, strong and incredibly brave. If not, I'd choose... ah, Zoroark/Zorua perhaps, or Pichu/Pikachu.

Obrysii
2011-05-03, 09:57 PM
That's a hard question to answer.

Either Salemence or Aron - Aron because its cute; Salamence because it's powerful and can fly.

Ravens_cry
2011-05-03, 09:57 PM
Eh, I don't know much, but if there is lots of other Pokemon in the setting, probably Ditto.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-03, 10:14 PM
Legendary: Darkrai, I wield the powers of Darkness and Nightmares in my hand :insert cliché evil laughter: or Maybe Zekrom, that guy rocks I mean an electric dragon who enbodies yang (or was it ying? meh I don't care) plus he looks freaking awesome

Non-legendary: If I would only have one it would be very difficult for me to decide; but if I could have a complete party I would love to have my (late) Platinum party: Naraku ( my Infernape), Tiamat (my female Garchomp), Ryuutsuken (my Gyarados) Karel (my Gallade), Genbu (my Torterra) and Raptor (A staraptor)... man I miss them
I said late, cause my platinum version was in my DS when someone stole it.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2011-05-03, 10:14 PM
Oh man, Aron. I totally forgot Aron. and by Aron, I of course mean Aggron.

Maybe I can just pursue the avenue of taking the role of Frederick Fullbladder, Monster Hunter and get a team of big nasty awesome monster-ish dudes? And by monster I mean the larger bipedal critters styled similiarily to Tyranitar, Rhydon, Aggron, and such.

Also my legendary would proably end up being Lugia, for sufficiently monstery mega-birdness.

Obrysii
2011-05-03, 10:16 PM
Oh man, Aron. I totally forgot Aron. and by Aron, I of course mean Aggron.

Maybe I can just pursue the avenue of taking the role of Frederick Fullbladder, Monster Hunter and make a team of big nasty awesome monster-ish dudes? And by monster I mean the larger bipedal critters styled similiarily to Tyranitar, Rhydon, Aggron, and such.

I love the idea of starting with Aron - and going through adventures with the little guy at my side - slowly as he evolves into his later stages.

Honestly, I'd love most three-stage pokemon.

But Aron, and his evolutions? My favorite pokemon in the games.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-03, 10:17 PM
I'd like to remake my pokemon duo from pokemon Saphire. a Ralts and an Aron. Though i would also like to have a whole family of Ralts, a father as that melee-type one i can never remember, a Guardivour female, and two Ralts twins.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-03, 10:17 PM
Aarrgh, impossible to decide...Aah, looks like I'll stick with three of my many favorites...Let's say...Swampert, Arcanine, and Lucario.

Erts
2011-05-03, 10:18 PM
Yeah, druid91, can we change it to the standard 6 pokemon? Or is that thread derailment?

Partof1
2011-05-03, 10:23 PM
Mew, ideally. Cute, playful, and beastly powerful.

Or Charizard because he's a freaking Charizard.

Obrysii
2011-05-03, 10:27 PM
Assuming no legendaries, for a family of six:

Aron (or any of its evolve lines)
Salamence
Flygon
Magnezone
Metagross
Hydreigon

All of them I'd prefer to raise from youth, so they love me without my needing to break them.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-05-03, 10:29 PM
Yeah, druid91, can we change it to the standard 6 pokemon? Or is that thread derailment?

No where in the OP or title does it actually say we can only choose one. Unless the words are hiding in plain site.

Vonotar
2011-05-03, 10:34 PM
Charmander ideally but I'm assuming they're rare as and I'm not getting lucky.

SO, I'd chase a Rattata around with a stick until I can throw a pokeball at it, help him beat up on other Rattata for a bit, then acquire a Nidoran, eventually leading to Nidoking!
Edit: Though depending on what exactly a moonstone is, that may also be a little difficult. Perhaps I could press him up against a museum exhibit or something? On that note Firestones and all the rest might not exist, this could potentially be a problem.

Also on my list to be acquired would be Growlithe and/or Ponyta.

MammonAzrael
2011-05-03, 10:53 PM
Why would we be limited to 6 pokemon? This is pokemon appearing in our world, not us appearing in the poke'verse. There is no world-wide fighting organization, no formal rules. So there is no reason why we'd only have 6.

Partof1
2011-05-03, 11:21 PM
Ooh, a ponyta/Rapidash would be cool, too. Forgot about them.

_Zoot_
2011-05-03, 11:34 PM
A Ninetails! Because they live for a thousand years, can curse my enemies breath fire, is glamours, would be an awesome pet, would be snuggly and warm and IT'S SOOOO CUTE!

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o329/_Zoot_/ninetales.png

Huh. So my reasoning devolved a little there. :smalltongue:

Marillion
2011-05-03, 11:40 PM
Nostalgia commands me to pick Squirtle as my first. Besides, Squirtle is a cool dude and doesn't afraid of anything. And Blastoise is just awesome.

Hitmonlee. Morning traffic making you late, or maybe you just can't reach something on the top shelf? Hop on his back, stretch out his legs, and step over everyones silly cars.

Scyther. Because Scyther.

Seviper

Misdreavus

Annnd....Medicham.

My legendary: Rayquaza.

RayGallade
2011-05-03, 11:53 PM
Hm, let's see. Which one Pokemon?

*Looks at pen-name*

I would choose a Gallade. Loyal bodyguard, favorite Pokemon. :smallcool:

Ajadea
2011-05-04, 12:59 AM
My team would be
Modest Gardevoir
Rash Lucario
Brave Camerupt/Serious Infernape
Timid Jolteon
Modest Froslass/Adamant Gyarados
Adamant Flygon (if Infernape)/Jolly Absol (if Gyarados)

It covers all 17 types, and the Pokemon involved are seriously cool.

If I had to pick just one, I'd go with the Gardevoir.

Anarion
2011-05-04, 01:12 AM
I'm going to have to go with many others and pick a dragonite. It can fly and carry you, it's super powerful, and it's 450 pounds of pure cuddliness:smallbiggrin:. Also, if we can get pokemon, I would assume that the world would quickly fill up with all the pokemon support services, so probably you could get pokemon food specifically for dragonite and/or go to a pokemon center to get it properly cared for, so hopefully feeding wouldn't be a problem. Plus, I always imagined that dragonite was a vegetarian so wouldn't really harm anything if it went searching for food.

I'd also go with an espeon and an umbreon. I'm not sure why everyone (myself included) likes the eveelutions. I think it's because they're basically like having an especially beautiful and intelligent dog with special powers. But whatever, they're awesome and I want some.

Drascin
2011-05-04, 01:40 AM
I have thought about this lately, when my little sister suggested we make ourselves some trainer cards with our favorite pokémon from the games. It's hard to remember what are my absolute favorites after five generations and over six hundred pokémon, though. Need two more pokémon to fill my "team of favorite pokémon I've had".

Right now, though, it's sitting squarely at:

Guardia (Gardevoir): I've liked Gardevoir since the moment I saw it. And it can teleport, which beats flying any day of the week!
Slash (Weavile): Because having a badass poke-ninja as a friend can never be bad.
Tyrant (Tyranitar): First pokémon I had at 100. I've recreated him in every game I have.
Tachikoma (Galvantula): Because it is fuzzy and adorable and and and...

And I would never catch a legendary, most likely, but if I did? Jirachi all the way. Dude is the cutest thing ever.

Kobold-Bard
2011-05-04, 01:51 AM
Boring answer: Mew/Mewtwo: for teh uberness!!!1!!

Non-legendary/"legendary" (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=261) (yes I'm a bitter old man): Ditto, because it's the swiss army knife of Pokemon.

golentan
2011-05-04, 01:56 AM
Abra. Abra all the way.

Cheesegear
2011-05-04, 02:07 AM
Arcanine. He's Legendary. No, really. He is.

It's also a 6ft./2m tall dog that breathes fire, that runs at approxmiately 260mph.

SaintRidley
2011-05-04, 02:20 AM
It's all about steelix for me.

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-05-04, 06:28 AM
For me it'd be a toss-up between Ninetails and Arcanine - both are powerful, cuddly, and on fire.

Honourable mention goes to rapidash, who lacks cuddlyness but otherwise would be pretty cool.

Kobold-Bard
2011-05-04, 06:32 AM
For me it'd be a toss-up between Ninetails and Arcanine - both are powerful, cuddly, and on fire.

Honourable mention goes to rapidash, who lacks cuddlyness but otherwise would be pretty cool.

While I fully recommend going for Arcanine because he is a total badass, if you do go down the Ninetales route, remember to get a shiny one because it is completely superior to the original:

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/shiny/038.png

Traab
2011-05-04, 06:43 AM
I dunno, I love the idea of a nine tails, or an arcanine, but then I dont know that I could risk bringing them inside my house. Its rather flamable you know. Step on one of the ninetails and my living room gets reduced to ash. :p As for arcanine, well, Ive got a dog right now that breaks things when he gets upset, I shudder to think of the damage if he could breathe fire too. I suppose the arcanine would be plenty happy with an outdoor kennel and yard to run around in, but the ninetails looks like its meant to be an indoor pokemon to me. :p

sparkyinbozo
2011-05-04, 06:47 AM
Bulbasaur. No contest. It's like having a puppy and a dinosaur with a dash of badass all in one.

Traab
2011-05-04, 07:21 AM
Bulbasaur. No contest. It's like having a puppy and a dinosaur with a dash of badass all in one.

Plus they are the size of an english bulldog so you can take him pretty much anywhere!

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-05-04, 07:59 AM

A compelling argument, I'll give you that.

Xondoure
2011-05-04, 01:17 PM
Letsee I need a super swimmer, something that can fly, an electric type for a power source, a cute and cuddly pet.

Going to have to go with Pikachu for all my day to day cute cuddly pet needs (and the charging of my cell phone), Dragonite for flying and swimming really really fast. Plus, adorableness. If I was entering the league its a different story though...

Kobold-Bard
2011-05-04, 01:20 PM
Letsee I need a super swimmer, something that can fly, an electric type for a power source, a cute and cuddly pet.

Going to have to go with Pikachu for all my day to day cute cuddly pet needs (and the charging of my cell phone), Dragonite for flying and swimming really really fast. Plus, adorableness. If I was entering the league its a different story though...

Technically if you get the right Pikachu it can fly & swim you around too.

Maryring
2011-05-04, 01:26 PM
Pikachu is very versatile and comes in many different flavours. Pikablu, Godchu, Birthday-chu. Get your personal chu today.

Forum Explorer
2011-05-04, 02:36 PM
Pikachu is very versatile and comes in many different flavours. Pikablu, Godchu, Birthday-chu. Pick a chu today.

Fixed it for you :smalltongue:

BiblioRook
2011-05-04, 03:01 PM
Right off the back I would probably pick ether Natu or Taillow, I really like little birds (Not that I like their evolutions any less)

That, or any Ghost Pokemon at all really; particularly the likes of Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Banete, and Gollurk.
Ghost and Flying have always been my favorite types.
Edit: But not Drifblim; it's a friken balloon, nothing cool about that. :smallannoyed:

If I had to pick a legendary, I honestly would be at a loss. While undoubtedly powerful, they all usually are so big and unwieldy looking that I really can't see any of them as the 'personal companion' type except for maybe like Mew or Victini. But even with those two I can't say I really would have any reason to pick them other then the fact they are in fact legendary.

Venom3053000
2011-05-04, 03:14 PM
my six

Abra: psychic and teleports any were awsome plus it lazy like me.

Sandslash: i just like how it looks.

Machamp: a couple extra hands around the house woud be great.

Haunter: it a ghost how is that not Cool.

Charizard: it a dragon again how is that not cool

Oddish: dont know why really i just like it

should we be useing Legendary they are one of a kind?

Maryring
2011-05-04, 03:19 PM
I'd pick Victini even if it wasn't legendary. It's up there with Pi(ka)chu in sheer adorability.

And there isn't just one of the legendaries. Pokemon movie 13 reveals that there are at least two different legendary dogs running about, since the legendaries in that movie are shiney, and pokemon movie 4 reveals that there are a lot of Celebi to go around. Sure, they are rare, but only a very few are really unique.

Brewdude
2011-05-04, 06:49 PM
I spent my brain cells memorizing the intimate details of some other video game. Is there some giant jpg spoiler chart with all the pokemen and their upgrade paths, etc?

Traab
2011-05-04, 07:00 PM
If there was it would be a file about 12 gigs in size. There are a LOT of pokemon, and a large chunk of info for each. I wouldnt be surprised if the total number of pokemon, spread across all games and tv shows, hit the 1k mark, or close to it.
*EDIT* Oh, and I changed my mind. I want a bidoof. Just to make people scratch their head at me and wonder if im crazy.

Mando Knight
2011-05-04, 07:06 PM
It's only 694 so far... and you're underestimating the size of a gigabyte. None of the main Pokémon games even touch one GB, much less 12.

Here's a list of them all (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_numb er), with their status screen mini-sprites next to them.

Talvereaux
2011-05-04, 07:18 PM
Godchu

I always preferred to call it 'Mary Chu'.

Traab
2011-05-04, 07:54 PM
It's only 694 so far... and you're underestimating the size of a gigabyte. None of the main Pokémon games even touch one GB, much less 12.

Here's a list of them all (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_numb er), with their status screen mini-sprites next to them.

Yeah, but I was also including all the info you get by clicking on their names in my, clearly exaggerated, account of how big the list of info is. So about 700 pokemon atm, give it a few years, im sure they will create yet another couple of new continents to explore in the pokemon world with another 100 or so new pokemon each.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-04, 10:31 PM
I'd pick Victini even if it wasn't legendary. It's up there with Pi(ka)chu in sheer adorability.

And there isn't just one of the legendaries. Pokemon movie 13 reveals that there are at least two different legendary dogs running about, since the legendaries in that movie are shiney, and pokemon movie 4 reveals that there are a lot of Celebi to go around. Sure, they are rare, but only a very few are really unique.

An episode in Johto showed a Lugia and it's off-spring
The last episodes of Sinnoh Region showed a trainer who had a Darkrai and a Latios (plus the two baby ones who appeared at the end of the movie).
The Frontier Brain of the Battle Factory befriended a Lugia
There are the Three Regies who safeguard the Tree of the Beginning (the one in the Lucario Movie) and the ones who are under Brandon control.

So yeah; there is plenty of evidence there are quite a bit of legendaries running all through the poke-world.

Still I want a Darkrai...

Kurgan
2011-05-05, 02:01 AM
A Ninetails! Because they live for a thousand years, can curse my enemies breath fire, is glamours, would be an awesome pet, would be snuggly and warm and IT'S SOOOO CUTE!

This man speaks wisdom. I would have to go with a Ninetails and Arcanine: adorable, cuddly, and the ability to breath fire.

If not for its unwieldy size, I would also add Steelix to the list. Giant snake made of steel? Yes please!

TheArsenal
2011-05-05, 02:03 AM
It would be the Apocalypse. There are pokemon that destroy MOUNTAINS! Seriously, we would all be dead within hours.

But Id get a Squirtle.

Adumbration
2011-05-05, 03:41 AM
Growlithe, definitely.

Solaris
2011-05-07, 11:39 AM
I'd also like a Squirtle. If nothing else, having a walking garden hose would be nice while on deployment. It was also my preferred starter way back in the beginning. None of the other Water starters really rocked like he did.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-05-07, 01:38 PM
I'd go Treeko, Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu and Vulpix for my 6.

Also: What is Godchu?

Frozen_Feet
2011-05-07, 02:27 PM
Because Mewtwo is taken, I'd go with Lugia. I mean, your own flying mythical dragon of the sea to take you around the world? What's not to like?

Yes, yes, I know it's neither Water or Dragon type, but it has looks and abilities of a one.

Ninetails would be a nice choice too, but I'd like to know if there's anyway if it could learn the most important quality of its mythical counterpart first - that of turning into an attractive female. :smallbiggrin:

Really, there are loads of Pokemon that'd be handy to have around. Some of the biggest, ugliest and most destructive ones I'd have to pass, though (Such as Tyranitar, Gyarados and Steelix), because... really, where the heck would I keep such things? Without causing mass panic? At least Lugia could hide in the cloud cover or in a nearby lake, and I don't see it being as big an eater as the others.

Vaynor
2011-05-07, 02:56 PM
If I could have 6:

Abra, for its teleportation ability (without all the super smart/powerfulness of Kadabra/Alakazam (plus it's adorable))
Blissey, for its healing powers
Magneton, for free electricity
Dragonite, it can fly/deliver mail
Wailord, because it's a whale and can explore the ocean floor/be a boat
Steelix, because it's big and could dig large holes quickly, and is hard to destroy

OracleofWuffing
2011-05-07, 03:08 PM
Porygon.

Why?

Built-in Pokesav/Pokegen support.

Venom3053000
2011-05-07, 03:15 PM
hm so why have a flying pokemon and one that can teleport ?

Vaynor
2011-05-07, 03:18 PM
Because flying would be awesome, and it's a dragon. Also it's awesome.

http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/a/a6/Dragonite_149.jpg

Nameless Ghost
2011-05-07, 03:36 PM
At least Lugia could hide in the cloud cover or in a nearby lake, and I don't see it being as big an eater as the others.
If the games have taught me anything about Pokémon (and they should have, being games about Pokémon), it's that Pokémon never get hungry and they all eat the same thing: tiny berries. They must be tiny, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to carry hundreds of the things around with me.

Edge
2011-05-07, 03:41 PM
Blaziken would be all I desire.

If I had to go with a squad of six:

Blaziken
Feraligatr
Gardevoir
Tyranitar
Ampharos
Arbok

For a legendary, Mewtwo.

Frozen_Feet
2011-05-07, 04:14 PM
If the games have taught me anything about Pokémon (and they should have, being games about Pokémon), it's that Pokémon never get hungry and they all eat the same thing: tiny berries. They must be tiny, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to carry hundreds of the things around with me.

Then you must have not paid attention, because many pokemon are explicitly called out for eating other pokemon, which I suppose only makes sense since there's a distinct lack of non-pokemon lifeforms in the game ecology. :smalltongue: Also, all Pokemons in balls are turned into digital data via a version of the game world's teleportation tech, meaning they aren't physically anywhere near you most of the time.

Pokedex also has weights and heights for them, and some are quite massive.

Soilborn
2011-05-07, 04:20 PM
I see that Metagross is already spoken for.

Nope, he's mine. Metagross and I are bros.

John Cribati
2011-05-07, 04:34 PM
What is Godchu?

Ash's Pikachu. Named so because it is H4X (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBm18o4c-I).

... Looking back, only one move in that entire scene made any logical sense.

Adumbration
2011-05-08, 12:48 PM
Ash's Pikachu. Named so because it is H4X (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBm18o4c-I).

... Thunder armor? Hey, it worked. :smalltongue:

Soilborn
2011-05-08, 01:45 PM
Gimme six:

Metagross: as stated earlier, he's a bro.
Tentacruel: I like his style. Plus he had the potential to be incredibly OP in Red/Blue.
Tyranitar: He's a sexual tyrannosaurs.
Elektross: because he has no weakness.
Scrafty: the OG.
Rotom: For when I need my laundry done, my lawn mowed, my dinner microwaved, a cold beer and a cool breeze without leaving the couch.

As for Legendary, Arceus is the obvious choice. It might have something to do with him being GOD.

The_Final_Stand
2011-05-08, 02:12 PM
I'd just take a Dragonite.

I have a dragon. Your argument is invalid.

MammonAzrael
2011-05-08, 03:51 PM

*cries*

That made absolutely no sense at all. I just...*brain explodes*

I'd just take a Dragonite.

I have a dragon. Your argument is invalid.

I have an Ice attack. Your dragon is unconscious. :smallwink:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-05-08, 03:53 PM
I have Arceus. I win. THE GAME.

ninjalemur
2011-05-08, 04:02 PM
A Honchkrow. Epic hat and I could give him the groan-inducing name Edgar Allen Crow.

BluesEclipse
2011-05-08, 04:18 PM
If I can only choose one: Jolteon. Because it beats nearly everything, if used properly.

A team of 6:
Jolteon
Espeon
Glaceon
Umbreon
Leafeon
Flareon

A Vaporeon would, of course, be my 7th.

As for Legendary... Arceus. Simply because he's God, and can therefore create any Pokemon I require.

Mauve Shirt
2011-05-08, 04:57 PM
Espeon or Cyndaquil.

Mando Knight
2011-05-08, 05:07 PM
A Honchkrow. Epic hat and I could give him the groan-inducing name Edgar Allen Crow.
Sorry, Pokémon only respond to nicknames ten letters long or less. :smalltongue:

Vaynor
2011-05-08, 06:07 PM
Sorry, Pokémon only respond to nicknames ten letters long or less. :smalltongue:

EdgrAlnCrw

averagejoe
2011-05-08, 06:15 PM
A torchick. Because adorable fire breathing chickens are the best thing.

ninjalemur
2011-05-08, 09:11 PM
EdgrAlnCrw

I went with E. A. Crow

grimbold
2011-05-09, 01:04 PM
A torchick. Because adorable fire breathing chickens are the best thing.

thats actually an amazing argument

Averagejoe
I salute you

Kobold-Bard
2011-05-09, 01:33 PM

http://www.smileyemoticons.org/wp-content/uploads/yolks/wut.png
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/halolz-dot-com-pokemon-magikarp-themusclekarp.jpg

Traab
2011-05-09, 01:39 PM
http://www.smileyemoticons.org/wp-content/uploads/yolks/wut.png
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/halolz-dot-com-pokemon-magikarp-themusclekarp.jpg

My level 99 magikarp looks EXACTLY like that.

Venom3053000
2011-05-10, 08:40 AM
ok so people seem to be listing a pokemon that they don't have in their party but this whole thing is about what you do have in your party.

oh, and my seventh would be Mew

Aotrs Commander
2011-05-10, 05:52 PM

I love Ash's Pikachu.

He's like the Pun-Pun of Pokemon. His ability clearly is Awesome Breaker, which is like Mold Breaker on Speed Boost with triple Swords Dance, plus functions as a double-strength integral Light Ball. Of Badassery.

(Besides, given what cheatin' buggers so many of Ash's opponents are *cough*airlance*cough*, he totally deserves to cheat a lot himself...)

Actually, in vague seriousness, and fairly slightly off-topic, I work on the basis that the anime is the "real" world, which the games inexactly model. (The same assumption I make about D&D (et al) inexactly modelling their "real" world.) Thus, in the "real" world, immunity is really just high resistance, and that being able to break it is sufficiently rare that it's a reasonable abstraction for the game mechanics of the "real" world. To paraphrase what I say for tabletop wargames (and RPGs), if the chance is less then 5%, I don't care about it enough to model it with the mechanics; if such an event comes into play, it'd be under GM's purview only.

What I like about Pokemon the anime over all it's similar ilk is that Pokemon can pull that off, as it comes off more like a (and I can't believe I'm saying this) like a *twitch* sporting event with real participants, as opposed to, say, a children's card game... It has always really baffled me that almost all the other clearly-based-on-a-card-game/toy-game shows feel they have to shoe in their cards or spinning tops or whatnot, which tends to kill the verisimitude rather more aggressively. (Or at least just comes across as way more silly, as YuGiOh Abridged often paraodies.) They all seem to take their cues from YuGiOh's style instead. Why none of the writers have ever tried to break this trend (as it kinda lends to more natural stories outside of the "competative environment") I genuinely have no idea...

Yeah, do I even need to state what Pokemon I'd have?

Assuming I couldn't just have all of my primary team ones over the last three generations... Hell, yes, Carnage Team.

(I should probably state that over the years, the Pokemon I've tend to use as a primary team in the games, especially ones recycled from prior to Gen III, get mentally assigned their own personalities... Yes, I am aware of how sad that is...)

Ecalsneerg
2011-05-10, 07:25 PM
Firstly, I want a Kecleon. They're awesome, even if they're not the most powerful Mons out there. I could just use him to capture me another team of five, and keep him as a pet.

I've got a soft spot for Sandslashes, so one of them is right in. Then I think a Snorlax, Rapidash, Skarmory and because I like Eeveeolutions... a Vaporeon.

Aidan305
2011-05-11, 06:36 PM
Hmmm, Mightyena, Charizard, Staraptor, Evee, Arcanine and Scyther are probably my favourites. Not the ideal team to cart around, but a fun one.

For legendaries, I'd have to go with Articuno It's always been my favourite.

Forum Explorer
2011-05-12, 02:03 AM
I love Ash's Pikachu.

He's like the Pun-Pun of Pokemon. His ability clearly is Awesome Breaker, which is like Mold Breaker on Speed Boost with triple Swords Dance, plus functions as a double-strength integral Light Ball. Of Badassery.

(Besides, given what cheatin' buggers so many of Ash's opponents are *cough*airlance*cough*, he totally deserves to cheat a lot himself...)

Actually, in vague seriousness, and fairly slightly off-topic, I work on the basis that the anime is the "real" world, which the games inexactly model. (The same assumption I make about D&D (et al) inexactly modelling their "real" world.) Thus, in the "real" world, immunity is really just high resistance, and that being able to break it is sufficiently rare that it's a reasonable abstraction for the game mechanics of the "real" world. To paraphrase what I say for tabletop wargames (and RPGs), if the chance is less then 5%, I don't care about it enough to model it with the mechanics; if such an event comes into play, it'd be under GM's purview only.

What I like about Pokemon the anime over all it's similar ilk is that Pokemon can pull that off, as it comes off more like a (and I can't believe I'm saying this) like a *twitch* sporting event with real participants, as opposed to, say, a children's card game... It has always really baffled me that almost all the other clearly-based-on-a-card-game/toy-game shows feel they have to shoe in their cards or spinning tops or whatnot, which tends to kill the verisimitude rather more aggressively. (Or at least just comes across as way more silly, as YuGiOh Abridged often paraodies.) They all seem to take their cues from YuGiOh's style instead. Why none of the writers have ever tried to break this trend (as it kinda lends to more natural stories outside of the "competative environment") I genuinely have no idea...

I hate Ash's pikachu because its scum and deserves nothing but the cold embrace of death :smallfurious:. Otherwise I agree with your post excepecially the spoiler stuff but I have to say that the Pokemon Adventures Manga is even better for that and has tolerable Pikachus

Tazar
2011-05-12, 02:07 AM
Charizard, naturally, the most badass pokemon to ever exist.

Jan Mattys
2011-05-12, 02:14 AM
http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/9846/images/psyduck.gif

Just it.

John Cribati
2011-05-12, 01:33 PM
I love Ash's Pikachu.

I always saw it as "Ash has a Game Shark."

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-12, 01:39 PM
Mudkip. Nothing else needs to be said.

Pie Guy
2011-05-12, 05:28 PM
Six Geodudes. Can't lose.

Traab
2011-05-12, 06:09 PM
Six Geodudes. Can't lose.

It works for the hikers!

Partof1
2011-05-12, 09:10 PM
It works for the hikers!

They must have beaten something to level them up twice before fighting me.

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-14, 07:23 AM
Since all pokemon you catch in the wild are at just enough exp for thier current level, and you get rare candies all over the place, do they never actually have battles in the wild?

Rae Artemi
2011-05-15, 10:45 PM
Lists!

Torchic- It starts off completely adorable and huggable, and as a Blaziken it could carry me around on it's back as it leaps over tall buildings. Also, kung-fu fighting chicken.

Piplup- Once again, adorable at the start, turns into a GIANT ROBOT PENGUIN. Hell yes.

Eevee x2: One to become a Glaceon, one to become an Espeon, because I absolutely love both of those guys.

Togepi: Once again, beginning adorable, and I would have so much fun with Metronome. And then it learns to fly me around and spread happiness everywhere? I can dig that.

Jigglypuff: It'll help with my insomnia! And also, it looks like Kirby, sort of, so that's a serious bonus.

John Cribati
2011-05-15, 11:04 PM
Jigglypuff: It'll help with my insomnia! And also, it looks like Kirby, sort of, so that's a serious bonus.

If it falls asleep on top of you, it'll probably kill you.

Rae Artemi
2011-05-15, 11:06 PM
If it falls asleep on top of you, it'll probably kill you.

I'm not running off of Brawl logic right now.

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-16, 03:00 PM
I'm not running off of Brawl logic right now.

Some people don't?

Prince Zahn
2011-05-16, 03:25 PM
can I have a Feebas,please!? I promise I'll feed it and walk it and apply Anti-Wrinkle Beauty Creams on him every day!
Cmon! it'll be like having a large goldfish... and when she evolves in Milotic, like a large eel - on steroids.
PLEASE!!!!
*gets on knees and begs*
-----------------------------
that was fun:smalltongue:
As for legendary, I'd say Jirachi, even if he is asleep for 1000 years at a time, my family could use a lovely heirloom to...um... be sentimental with. and I promise E-Bay will have absolutely nothing to do with it!

Mando Knight
2011-05-16, 04:15 PM
Jigglypuff: It'll help with my insomnia!
Actually, it won't. Insomnia beats Sing and Rest.

Calmness
2011-05-16, 10:06 PM
Cartoon Jigglypuff please.

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-17, 01:47 PM
can I have a Feebas,please!? I promise I'll feed it and walk it and apply Anti-Wrinkle Beauty Creams on him every day!
Cmon! it'll be like having a large goldfish... and when she evolves in Milotic, like a large eel - on steroids.
PLEASE!!!!
*gets on knees and begs*
-----------------------------
that was fun:smalltongue:
As for legendary, I'd say Jirachi, even if he is asleep for 1000 years at a time, my family could use a lovely heirloom to...um... be sentimental with. and I promise E-Bay will have absolutely nothing to do with it!

Sell your beloved lifelong friends for cash today!:smallbiggrin:

grimbold
2011-05-17, 06:14 PM
Actually, it won't. Insomnia beats Sing and Rest.

however i think that Sing has more PP than Insomnia so in the end it would work
:smallbiggrin:

Nameless Ghost
2011-05-17, 06:16 PM
however i think that Sing has more PP than Insomnia so in the end it would work
:smallbiggrin:
Sing only has more PP than Insomnia because Insomnia is an 'always-on' Pokemon ability and not an attack. :smalltongue:

Chess435
2011-05-17, 10:31 PM
Chess435 used Uproar! :smalltongue:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-05-17, 10:59 PM
Chess435 used Uproar! :smalltongue:

DragonOfUndeath used Masterball :tongue:
Wild Chess435 was captured

Mando Knight
2011-05-17, 11:46 PM
Sing only has more PP than Insomnia because Insomnia is an 'always-on' Pokemon ability and not an attack. :smalltongue:

What would work would be if it knew Simple Beam (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Simple_Beam). Sure, you'd probably start talkin' 'bout how your mama always said life is like a box of chocolates, but at least you could get to sleep.

grimbold
2011-05-18, 02:41 AM

ahh :smallannoyed:
thats what i get for not playing leaf green in a year

Chess435
2011-05-18, 04:22 PM
DragonOfUndeath used Masterball :tongue:
Wild Chess435 was captured

Would you like to nickname your newly captured Chess435? :biggrin:

Klose_the_Sith
2011-05-18, 07:25 PM
Kangaskhan, for starters. It's always been my favourite and always will be.

On top of that a Rapidash, a Salamence, a Wailord (I will teach it body slam and then never lose a match), a Rhydon and an adorable Drowzee that eventually becomes my unstoppable Hypno.

I'd probably lose matches against more serious trainers, but damned if it wouldn't be fun as all heck >.>

DragonOfUndeath
2011-05-18, 07:28 PM
Would you like to nickname your newly captured Chess435? :biggrin:

I deem thee: SUCKER
Nah, I'll call you CHESS

Now go see what the inside of a Pokeball and see what it's like. I've always wondered.

Chess435
2011-05-18, 07:48 PM
CHESS was sent to Box 874 of Chuck Norris' PC! :smalltongue:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-05-18, 07:57 PM
DragonOfUndeath is Sad
I just needed him to complete my set. I had Checkers, Connect4, Dominoes, Poker and Monopoly already.

Chess435
2011-05-18, 10:40 PM
Oh don't worry, you can still withdraw me. You just have to break into Chuck Norris' House, get on his PC, scroll through 873 pages, and get out alive! :smallbiggrin:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-05-18, 10:44 PM
Oh don't worry, you can still withdraw me. You just have to break into Chuck Norris' House, get on his PC, scroll through 873 pages, and get out alive! :smallbiggrin:

I think that sentence is in the dictionary.
Under Im-Fuc*ing-Possible

Chess435
2011-05-18, 10:47 PM
I think that sentence is in the dictionary.
Under Im-Fuc*ing-Possible

*Taunts DragonOfUndeath for not having an Action Replay* :smalltongue:

You're a pretty awesome guy, you know that? :smallwink:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-05-18, 10:52 PM
Thank you Chess :smallsmile:

Chess435
2011-05-18, 10:53 PM
Thank you Chess :smallsmile:

Not a problem. :wink: