PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind ITP (Specifically, mods)

Quirinus_Obsidian
2011-05-03, 06:14 PM
So being all excited for the upcoming Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (http://elderscrolls.com/) game, I wanted to get in some Morrowind. I re-downloaded all my mods and stuff, and I was wondering; besides the generic mods (Better Bodies, The Underground, Giants, etc.) what are some of the mods that the Playground uses?

Also, what are some of your favorite memories of this wonderful game?

I have to say the first time that I defeated Dagoth Ur as a redguard Warrior ( :roy: ) without using any mods was fun. Challenging, but fun. Challenging is what makes it fun! Now when I play the game, the last things that I do is go thru the main quest. There is just so much extra stuff. Along with stock quests and stuff that the game comes with, there is just so much additional content.

Top_Hat
2011-05-04, 10:21 PM
I played through recently with a very heavily modded game, so while I could give you my mod list, I don't think it would be all that helpful. The most important mods to me were the morrowind code patch, morrowind game extender, and the endless list of texture replacements. In particular, I found that vurt's groundcover textures were very nice, once I understood how to use them, and a Magicka regen mod (set to 1/10% of my mana bar per second) made my mage much less tedious to play.

My favorite part of morrowind was when while doing quests for the mages guild, I took the portal to Wolverine Hall and stepped outside :smallbiggrin:
I also enjoyed realizing about 10 hours in the game how refreshing it is to play an open world rpg without a quest compass.

I could kill that guar; those boots are ruined!

Volug
2011-05-04, 10:24 PM
OUTLANDER

WE'RE WATCHING YOU SCUM >:(

All the time >___>

I got it and all of it's expansions off of amazon a year ago for $10!!! It's okay, I haven't gotten into it until now. Just been going basic Imperial Spear-man person, whatever I feel like. There's a lot here so far so I haven't tried any mods to speak of really.

I heard somewhere they tried to remake the Morrowind thingie into Oblivion engine and stuff and vice versa. Not sure what became of that.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-05-04, 10:27 PM
The Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul is pretty amazing.

When I put it on, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a game.

Unfortunately, it made my old computer run at aboue 1-3 frames per second.

Sooo, it was the most beautiful STILLS of a game I've ever seen.

But still.

If you have the machine to run it, GET THAT MOD.