PDA

View Full Version : The Guildmaster - 3.5 Prestige Class based on Assassin's Creed (PEACH)

ThreadOfFate
2011-05-03, 08:09 PM
Hi guys. I'm back, after over a year of not doing anything with this.

For those who need an introduction, some time ago, I posted a custom base class that was heavily based on the Assassin's Creed-style assassin. It went over mildly well, I guess. I've been working on some revisions, variants, and a Pathfinder adaptation that I'll post soon.

The original base class can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132494), or use the link in my signature, if you need to reference it.

So I've been playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (yes, I know, finally) and I got to the part where you can call in other assassins to kill people for you.

I naturally flipped off the frakking handle and though this was pretty much the greatest thing ever, and I wanted to implement it through the White Clad class, but it already has enough stuff already.

So, I thought, time to make a prestige class!
With some help from my good friend who knows DND much better than I, Agent 0042, we whipped up a prestige class intended for some White Clads who want to take a bit of a larger role in party support and tactical leadership.

Without further ado, here it is - The Guildmaster, a 10 level prestige class.

Guildmaster
Prestige Class

Requisite Fluff: The Order of the White Clad, like all organizations, needs more than just footsoldiers and tricky assassins. There must be those who are willing to step forward and show leadership, those willing to sort through information, find patterns, and decide who needs to be killed for the good of the world.
The guildmaster is about that role. They do not have the same adeptness at fighting as your usual white clad, with their primary role of assassinating targets, but they are no less deadly in person - and especially when they have allies. They have learned how to both inspire their comrades and lead by example, granting a hodgepodge group of adventurers or miscreants the leadership needed to turn them into a scarily efficient cohesive fighting force.

Hit Die: d6

Requirements: To qualify to become a guildmaster, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria:
Skills
Diplomacy 13 ranks, Gather Information 13 ranks
Class Features
Deadly Strike
Feats
Crowd TacticsRaces of Destiny

You are adept at moving through and fighting in crowds.
Benefit: The Crowd Tactics feat enables the use of three tactical maneuvers. You only gain these benefits if the crowd is friendly or indifferent.
Moving with the Flow: Entering a square with a crowd in it does not cost you extra movement.
One with the Crowd: You gain a +4 on Hide checks made in a square with a crowd.
Master of the Mob: You gain a +4 bonus on Intimidate or Diplomacy checks when attempting to direct a crowd.
Normal: See page 100 of the DMG for rules on crowds.

Special
Must have recruited another individual into the White Clad.

Class Skills
The guild leader’s class skills are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Int), Tumble (Dex)
Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier

Progression Table
{table="head"]
Level|
BAB|
Fort/Ref/Will|
Special|
Eagle’s Call

1st|
+0|
+0/+2/+2|
Continual Study, Convocation 1|
0|

2nd|
+1|
+0/+3/+3|
Sneak Attack +1d6|
1|

3rd|
+2|
+1/+3/+3|
Convocation 2|
1|

4th|
+3|
+1/+4/+4|
Eagle’s Eye|
2|

5th|
+3|
+1/+4/+4|
Convocation 3, Sneak Attack +2d6|
2|

6th|
+4|
+2/+5/+5|
Extended Convocation 1/day|
3|

7th|
+5|
+2/+5/+5|
Convocation 4|
3|

8th|
+6|
+2/+6/+6|
Sneak Attack +3d6|
4|

9th|
+6|
+3/+6/+6|
Convocation 5|
4|

10th|
+7|
+3/+7/+7|
Eagle’s Dive, Extended Convocation 2/day|
5|
[/table]

Continual Study (Ex): Your guildmaster and white clad levels stack for determining your daily uses of Eagle Vision, your Deadly Strike ability, your Blend progression, and your Rank progression in the white clad class.

Convocation (Ex):Your leadership abilities for small groups are unparalleled. You gain one of the following benefits, called a convocation, from the list below. All convocations apply to yourself and all allies within 60 feet who can see or hear you. Each convocation takes a swift action to activate, can be used at will, and their effects last for one round.
Accurate: All attacks ignore cover and concealment. At 6th level, this is upgraded to ignore total concealment, and all allies can pinpoint an invisible creature if one can do so.
Acrobatic: You provide your class level as a bonus to Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Ride, and Tumble checks and your CHA modifier * 5 feet to all base movement speeds.
Aggressive: You provide your CHA modifier as a bonus to all attack rolls and your class level to damage rolls.
Cautious: You provide your class level as a bonus to initiative checks, and allies cannot be flat-footed.
Evasive: You provide concealment and the Evasion ability. At 6th level these are upgraded to total concealment and Improved Evasion.
Harrying: Flanking adds your CHA modifier to attack rolls in addition to the normal bonus and your allies gain sneak attack equal to half your sneak attack.
Protective: You provide your CHA modifier as a Dodge bonus to AC and DR/- equal to your class level.
Punishing: You provide one additional attack to every full attack action at the attacker’s full BAB and all attacks ignore DR and hardness.
Secretive: You provide your class level as a bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks, and your allies take no penalties to these checks when moving or fighting. At 6th level, they gain Hide in Plain Sight.
Tricky: You provide your class level as a bonus to all trip attempts, grapple checks, disarm attempts, feint attempts, sunder attempts, and overrun attempts, as well as opposed rolls for these actions. In addition, none of these actions, when initiated by your allies, provoke attacks of opportunity.

Eagle’s Call (Ex): Being a higher-up in a local arm of the White Clad has benefits. Starting at 2nd level, at any time, you can call one or more of your fellow agents to your aid, wherever you are.
As a full-round action, you send out a signal. If you’re in combat, one or more agents appear the next round on your initiative count. You can call as many agents as you wish per signal, up to the maximum amount on the table, but you can only call each agent once per day. For example, a 6th level guildmaster can call 2 of his maximum 3 agents for one encounter, than the last one for a different encounter. They have an attitude of helpful and will assist you to the best of their ability. They remain for the duration of the fight or for one minute per guildmaster level, whichever is shorter.

If you are not in a combat when you call an agent, you may use them for an alternative purpose: helping to track down a target. They come to your aid and can make their own checks to find a target using their Urban Tracking ability, as detailed on the white clad class page. This counts as the daily use of that agent.

Treat these agents as cohorts at your class level + 8, except that they must only have white clad levels. Consider them has having met all Rank requirements at or below their current level.

If a called agent dies, you must go through the process of recruiting a new one. This process requires surveying the city, collating data, finding suitable candidates, and putting them through a recruitment process. The time for this process takes 24 hours and requires a Gather Information check. The DM sets the DC for this check, taking into account the size of the city, local guild presence, and other mitigating factors. A suggested DC for a small city is 30. More people generally mean more potentials, but they may be harder to find. Less people means less potentials, but the standouts may be more obvious.

The agent is then trained and can be used a day after the recruitment process. They are at the same level as every other called agent.

All called agents are considered your allies.

If at any point you break the White Code, or leave or are removed from the Order, you may no longer use this ability.

Sneak Attack (Ex): This is exactly like the rogue or white clad ability of the same. The extra damage dealt increases again at 5th and 8th levels. If a guildmaster gets a sneak attack bonus from another source, the bonuses on damage stack.

Eagle’s Eye (Ex): At 4th level, you have become especially knowledgeable about the movement and thought patterns of your target. When you have successfully confirmed your target using Eagle Vision, you can mark your target. Until your target is dead, or you remove the mark, you and all allies within 60 feet of you who can hear or see you get a bonus on attack rolls equal to half your class level and a damage bonus equal to your WIS mod against the target. Only one mark can exist at a time. These bonuses stack with those provided by Convocation.

Extended Convocation (Ex): Once per day, when you use a Convocation, you can have it last for a number of minutes equal to your CHA modifier instead of a single round. At tenth level, you can use this twice per day.

Eagle’s Dive (Ex): At 10th level, the guildmaster and his allies have learned to work as a unit with deadly efficiency. Once per day, if the guildmaster successfully makes a kill with his Deadly Strike ability, all allies within 60 feet that can see or hear him can make a Deadly Strike of their own as an immediate free action as if they had the ability, using the guildmaster's save DC for the Death Attack. The opponent they attack is considered flat-footed for this attack. They must be currently wielding a melee weapon to do so.

Critique or feedback greatly appreciated, plzkthx!

Elfstone
2011-05-03, 09:15 PM
This is the PrC for my Blackclad guild. YES!
Looks good, but I don't have to time check everything. Ill post with feedback tomorrow.

Agent_0042
2011-05-03, 09:38 PM
Upon further inspection, these are some of the things I overlooked.

Convocations: It's not clear whether these affect the guildmaster as well or just his allies. Whichever way you want to go, best to make the wording unambiguous.

Eagle's Call: "All called agents are considered your allies" is probably an unnecessary clause, unless I'm missing something. They're already specified as having an attitude of "helpful" early on.

Eagle Eye: As written, it's strictly inferior numerically to the Aggressive Convocation, in addition to being single-target only and a 1/day ability. I'm not quite sure what to do with this. Perhaps we can lose Aggressive, remove the once-daily aspect, and just put a "1 mark at a time" limitation?

Eagle's Dive: Do the guildmaster's allies use his level/bonuses for the Deadly Strike check and attack? I figure this is the case, but it's not specified. Also, Guildmaster Levels don't currently stack with white clad levels for this ability, so it's going to be pretty ineffective at this point. Something to add to Continued Study, I guess.

ThreadOfFate
2011-05-03, 11:09 PM
Changed the convocation wording.

Kept in the allies line for Eagle's Call, just to make sure.

Eagle Eye: Added it so that it can stack with the Convocation bonus, unless you think that's too much. Also made it as many times per day, but only apply to one target at a time.

Set Eagle's Dive to use your modifiers and also stacked white clad levels for it.