PDA

View Full Version : Side LP Ideas: Gauging Interests

Deme
2011-05-03, 09:15 PM
Well, since Sims 3 is going on indefinate hiatus due to machinery, I'm left without a side LP. Now, I'm using the term "side LP" to distinguish between that and LP Moemon, where I've got some feeling of obligation as to when I update it, and a schedule, and more than just my passing whims to determine when it gets done. A side LP has none of those things, and I like it for that. It also, ideally but not with a gaurentee, less of a time-and-energy sink.

Now, luckily, I actually sort of have a list of possible future LPs running in my head, and I'd like to try pulling out one of those possibilities for right now. But...I'm having a bit of trouble deciding between 2, so I'd be curious in seeing which game people were more interested in seeing. That's not a garuntee as to which I'll play, but it may help.

Your options are:
Azure Dreams, for the PSx
It's a mystery-dungeoun roguelike (or so I've heard... I'm not terribly familliar with the terms, but you die a lot, lose your exp and sometimes items a lot, in a tower where every floor after the first two is generated randomly.) about raising monsters, improving the town, and wooing girls. It's a turn-based RPG, with a simple plot that I've gotten a few ways to do while playing it roughly straight. I'll try to be informative and tell a story at the same time.
Pros I have the narrative worked out better, there's more of it, more characters, more structure. Features Cheryl Child.
Cons Since I'm doing more writing, updates may take less time. Probably fewer choices.

Monster Rancher 2, for the PSx
You probably know what this game is. You raise a monster, you send them into tournaments. It doesn't have a lot of plot, which is kind of a help and a hindrance. It's a fun game, and I'll try to work with it.
Pros Easier to write, which means probably less updates, looser storytelling, more choices, more room for casual sadism
Cons Less stuff in general, more room for casual sadism, does not feature Cheryl Child.

I can provide more information, since there I'm just trying to give you guys a rough sense, including some information about story ideas if need be.

Mewtarthio
2011-05-04, 10:44 AM
Who is Cheryl Child?

Deme
2011-05-04, 11:07 AM
One of the girls you can woo in Azure Dreams, the resident Ill Girl; It's been a while since I've seen her name spelled out, so I may have misspelled it.

...I just find her so adorable. She's been my favorite since I was 10. Generally, if I particularly like a character, in my own mental pro/con list I'll list them as a factor.