PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Mission

Samfool
2011-05-03, 10:57 PM
The man with the chest stands in front of the man with the glowing tattoos, they are both obviously ruffians, and have business to attend to.

Asul, you may take actions, Slyphia, you have your orders..

Oh boy.

Asul: *walks up to the man with the chest* So, where do I have to deliver this?

"There will be a ship in the last harbor, you need to put it on there, you should be able to lift it.. Are you the only one?"

(ah sorry, can we say he put his mask back on before he went to talk to him (uness Asul knew him already)?)

Asul: *nod*

(They already know you as the "Tattooed Man")

"Alrgiht then, where is my payment?" the man says with a wink

You have no payment to give from the employer..

Asul:*puts his mask back on* (and I thought I said his runes were being covered by clothes... oh, I see, before he tries to hide, ok.) ...do you want me to buy you a drink?

"Quit kidding around, gimmie some rupees so I forget you and I ever met, otherwise I may have to rough things up a bit" The Rito* says,

(It was a Rito, not a "Man" sorry)

Asul: ... (Wait, don't I have some leftover rupees? Or is that in the hands of the Goron?)

You have your own rupees, but none from the Goron..

Ok, you answered my question in another way.

Asul: *takes a red rupee out of his bag and holds it up for the Rito (he's male, right?)*

(Yes, male)

The man scoffs at the meager gesture,
"You are going to want to give me more than that freak." Pulling out a scimitar as he says this..

Asul: ...~sigh~ *pulls out his rapier and hand crossbow* Are you sure you want to be doing this? (ready action to use both weapons before he attacks)

The Rito smirks, raises his hand, and clenches it..

(Forgot messages dont go to both people all the time, sorry! This is what happened so far..)

TechnOkami
2011-05-03, 11:07 PM
Asul: Spot check to see if there was anything in his hand/if it looked like he was about to cast a spell or something.[roll0]

Samfool
2011-05-03, 11:07 PM
Asul: Spot check to see if there was anything in his hand/if it looked like he was about to cast a spell or something.[roll0]

Nope! Waiting for the other person to post..

TechnOkami
2011-05-03, 11:09 PM
Nope! Waiting for the other person to post..

Oh good. I was wondering how I would get out of this mess.

Samfool
2011-05-03, 11:16 PM
Oh good. I was wondering how I would get out of this mess.

Heehee, thats what you think..

TechnOkami
2011-05-03, 11:20 PM
Heehee, thats what you think..

*clears throat* Oh good. I was looking for more things to sneak attack. :smalltongue:

Demonicheart
2011-05-04, 05:10 AM
A rustling sound came from a set of bushes within viewing distance of the meeting spot. Within two seconds of the rito raising his fist, a slender but muscular gerudo woman emerged from the hiding spot. Her brown eyes were locked directly on the tattooed man as she slowly made her way forward. She briefly rotated her right arm while idly commenting, "And here I almost thought I wouldn't actually get to see any action tonight. No one likes deadbeats." Sylphina was a little sore from sitting in that spot for over an a hour in a chain shirt but she figured a battle would be just what her muscles needed. Without waiting for a response, she drew two rather large bastard swords and held them expertly in each hand. If nothing else, it showed just how strong she was.

The crimson haired woman picked up her pace as she ran straight for her target, "You look prepared to fight, that's good. It would be boring otherwise. I'm your foe now. I'll make you remember the name, Sylphina, assuming you even live through this at all." Having finished with her introductions, she got right down to the fighting and swung her right handed sword towards the figure she had nicknamed 'the deadbeat'. She really could care less if the others hidden with her decided to attack as well. This was now her fight as far as she was concerned.

Initiative: [roll0]

Round Actions
Free Action: Draw Bastard Swords
Move Action: Get in Asul's face. If she actually needs to charge, she will and take the -2 penalty to AC.
Standard Action: Attack Asul
Strength VS AC
[roll1]
If Hit, damage: [roll2]

Samfool
2011-05-04, 09:33 AM
A rustling sound came from a set of bushes within viewing distance of the meeting spot. Within two seconds of the rito raising his fist, a slender but muscular gerudo woman emerged from the hiding spot. Her brown eyes were locked directly on the tattooed man as she slowly made her way forward. She briefly rotated her right arm while idly commenting, "And here I almost thought I wouldn't actually get to see any action tonight. No one likes deadbeats." Sylphina was a little sore from sitting in that spot for over an a hour in a chain shirt but she figured a battle would be just what her muscles needed. Without waiting for a response, she drew two rather large bastard swords and held them expertly in each hand. If nothing else, it showed just how strong she was.

The crimson haired woman picked up her pace as she ran straight for her target, "You look prepared to fight, that's good. It would be boring otherwise. I'm your foe now. I'll make you remember the name, Sylphina, assuming you even live through this at all." Having finished with her introductions, she got right down to the fighting and swung her right handed sword towards the figure she had nicknamed 'the deadbeat'. She really could care less if the others hidden with her decided to attack as well. This was now her fight as far as she was concerned.

Round Actions
Free Action: Draw Bastard Swords
Move Action: Get in Asul's face. If she actually needs to charge, she will and take the -2 penalty to AC.
Standard Action: Attack Asul
Strength VS AC
[roll1]
If Hit, damage: [roll2]

Ruthless Eh?

Thats a hit!

But he had an attack readied so..

I assume you want to attack with just one? A ranged attack at this close of a range will provide an AoO.

Attack
[roll0] (if rolled a 16, crit chance) [roll1] crittt:smallcool:
Damage
[roll2] Too bad it is only roll of 1.. :smalleek:

Total of 6 damage! WOO!

The Greudo woman charges at you, hoping to land a blow to intimidate you, only to have a clean cut from her collar bone to the back of her neck from the rapier. She smiles as she realizes her blade has also done some damage to the tattooed man, and it looks like she did more..

Two other men came out from the same bush the Greudo woman did. This is not a fair fight, you know it, they know it, and the child you see out of the corner of your eye knows it. (Asul is the only one who sees it)

TechnOkami
2011-05-04, 10:46 AM
Asul is going to book it.

Feeling the pain of her swords through his flesh, the oncoming of two more armed people, and the piercing fear of the child behind him, Asul promptly breaks into a thousand small black squares (a la his shadow walk ability) moving en mass away from the fight as far as possible, his destination set to a place he can feel himself to be safe.

So, on the map found here, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10839556#post10839556) which island are we currently on and which was the island I met the Goron trader on? That island might become my destination. Also: which Islands have I been to and which would I generally consider safe?

Samfool
2011-05-04, 11:12 AM
Asul is going to book it.

Feeling the pain of her swords through his flesh, the oncoming of two more armed people, and the piercing fear of the child behind him, Asul promptly breaks into a thousand small black squares (a la his shadow walk ability) moving en mass away from the fight as far as possible, his destination set to a place he can feel himself to be safe.

So, on the map found here, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10839556#post10839556) which island are we currently on and which was the island I met the Goron trader on? That island might become my destination. Also: which Islands have I been to and which would I generally consider safe?

Well, assuming the Gorons are friends with your goron, the Dark Purple areas are completely safe. You know that the red is the Kingdom, but you have to watch out for templars there, the black section is a pirate's paradise, and you could escape there (you have done some business there) everything else is neutral pretty much.

Demonicheart
2011-05-04, 11:23 AM
Sylphina was only mildly annoyed that the tattooed man had managed a clean blow on her right before she returned the favor. Her blood was itching for a challenging fight and for the moment she had thought this would be it. After all, why bring four people in unless the person in question was strong enough to put up a fight. Although some part of her thought it was a little unfair, she used the previous train of thought to justify it.

Unfortunately, her foe decided he wouldn't play along, "What in Din's name..." She had never seen someone split themselves into pieces like this before and the fact that the pieces seemed to fleeing from the battle gave Sylphina the feeling that her battle was going to end prematurely. She swung her sword once more trying to stop the spell before it could be completed, "Where do you think you're going?! Come back here and fight like a woman!" She was a little mad that this stranger would just cut and run.

For all her flailing about, the spell happened too quickly. There was absolutely nothing Sylphina could do to stop it. She growled in annoyance, "Nobody bloody told me he could do that!"

Sylphina is attempting an Attack of Opportunity to Interrupt Asul's shadow walk. This time she is swinging with the flat side of her sword (-4 attack penalty for non-lethal damage).
Attack Roll: [roll0]
If hit, non-lethal damage [roll1]

Also if hit, Asul needs to make a Concentration check equal to DC 10 + the damage + the spell level or the shadow walk fails.

Edit: The dice have spoken. We will meet again. :smallamused:

Samfool
2011-05-04, 11:37 AM
Was not expecting this.. well done! You ruined the DM's plans momentarily..

Too bad the nearest island is not for WAY more than you can muster.

50 miles/hour for your speed, spell duration is 1 per level (6), so 300 miles.

You couldnt make it to New Zealand from Australia, which is shorter than the distance between the islands.

"FIND THE BASTARD!" the Rito says in a rage..

TechnOkami
2011-05-04, 11:44 AM
So... what islands can I reach with the spell?

Samfool
2011-05-04, 11:56 AM
So... what islands can I reach with the spell?

Its more than 500 miles to get to new Zealand from Australia, and that is about the distance of most the islands from each other, therefore it is too far (you can only go 300 miles). The map is not to scale, I am not THAT good xD You can still try, but you will end the spell in the middle of the ocean.

TechnOkami
2011-05-04, 12:02 PM
Its more than 500 miles to get to new Zealand from Australia, and that is about the distance of most the islands from each other, therefore it is too far (you can only go 300 miles). The map is not to scale, I am not THAT good xD You can still try, but you will end the spell in the middle of the ocean.

Well, Asul doesn't know the range of it honestly (he's never tried before), so to the middle of the ocean he goes! :smalleek:

Samfool
2011-05-04, 12:04 PM
Well, Asul doesn't know the range of it honestly (he's never tried before), so to the middle of the ocean he goes! :smalleek:

I am going to say that he has tried this before, and figured out how far it is, cause you will most certainly die in the ocean..

TechnOkami
2011-05-04, 12:09 PM
I am going to say that he has tried this before, and figured out how far it is, cause you will most certainly die in the ocean..

Alrighty... seeing that I can't reach another island, I will shunt myself to the other side of the island/as bloody far away as I can.

Samfool
2011-05-04, 12:10 PM
Alrighty... seeing that I can't reach another island, I will shunt myself to the other side of the island/as bloody far away as I can.

Figured,

(Dont worry, I wont kill you off)

TechnOkami
2011-05-04, 12:11 PM
Figured,

(Dont worry, I wont kill you off)

I have my doubts... <_<"

Demonicheart
2011-05-04, 12:30 PM
Sylphina waved a hand at the male rito. She certainly didn't need him to yell out the obvious, "Yeah, yeah. I'm going to check the docks and then follow the coastline. Doesn't mean he isn't hiding out elsewhere. Your boys can handle that, right?" Despite the question, she didn't bother to stick around for a response. Feeling like the conversation was over, she began to run toward the harbor. Once again, she put away her swords since there was always a chance of someone spotting the weapons and wondering what she was up to.

Let's see...if I were a gutless coward, what would I do? I would probably either hide out in a secluded area and try to wait out my pursuers...or jump aboard the nearest ship out of here and pray to the Goddesses I wasn't followed. So let's start with the second option. The boys can worry about the first one. She had a good understanding of the island from her previous exploration so she believed she had a decent shot at finding him. However, Gerudo beliefs and reality tend to clash often.

TechnOkami
2011-05-04, 12:31 PM
So, where does Asul end up GM?

Samfool
2011-05-04, 12:33 PM
So, where does Asul end up GM?

PM me for where you want to go!

Samfool
2011-05-04, 09:12 PM
Alright, feel free to try and find him! Where do you search?

(I will Roll search checks..)

Demonicheart
2011-05-05, 01:01 PM
It didn't take the gerudo woman long to arrive at the harbor. She idly glanced over the group of boats tied to the shore. If one wanted to escape on one of them, the difficulty would only be proportionate to the size. A rowboat used by the local fishermen would be easy to steal. The only problem would be that the thief would be just as likely to die at sea before reaching another island. The larger vessels were much more sea worthy but they often required more than one person to steer which usually meant there was more than one set of eyes watching the craft. Her eyes only briefly focused on the ship that the stranger was suppose to drop the package before everything went to the octos. Sylphina couldn't help wondering what was going to happen with that plan now. Still, she tried to push the thought out of her mind, That's bird brain and deadbeat's problem now, not mine. Sylphina continued her search while taking in the harbor surroundings for anything out of the ordinary.

Samfool
2011-05-05, 09:01 PM
You find nothing at the harbor, and the boat that the tattooed man was supposed to board is already being ransacked by your fellow mercs.

(The harbor is on the west side of the island, same as the lighthouse)
Would you like to move on?

Demonicheart
2011-05-07, 02:26 AM
Sylphina took note of the actions of the other mercenaries and merely ignored it. She wasn't in charge of the raid nor were any of her orders related to making sure it went off without a hitch. Her orders remained unchanged, Ignore the looting and get the deadbeat. Satisfied with her search so far, she headed North along the coastline of the island. If there was a farmhouse within easy viewing distance of the coast, she would stop and glance around before moving on.

Samfool
2011-05-07, 08:45 AM
You have seen no hide or hair of the man in this direction, kinda hard to track shadows..

Demonicheart
2011-05-07, 08:53 AM
As Sylphina kept running into dead ends with her search, she persisted. It was not in her nature to give up easily. At the very least she wanted to cover the perimeter of the island before even considering a change of tactics. Not sure if I wanna congratulate the deadbeat for being this hard to find...or punch him a few times in the face for making me hunt him down like this. She passed the time by imagining both scenarios in her mind.

((Feel free to roll twice for the eastern and southern side of the island. She won't stop till she's made a complete circle))

Samfool
2011-05-07, 10:02 AM
As Sylphina kept running into dead ends with her search, she persisted. It was not in her nature to give up easily. At the very least she wanted to cover the perimeter of the island before even considering a change of tactics. Not sure if I wanna congratulate the deadbeat for being this hard to find...or punch him a few times in the face for making me hunt him down like this. She passed the time by imagining both scenarios in her mind.

((Feel free to roll twice for the eastern and southern side of the island. She won't stop till she's made a complete circle))

You circle the island, finding nothing..

To your knowledge, he is not on the coastline.

Demonicheart
2011-05-07, 10:36 AM
The thoughts running though Sylphina's mind would probably make a church of the triforce cleric want to wash her mouth out with soap. However, the essence of her mood was clearly plastered on her face, Oh, joy! I spent my time taking a leisurely walk along the beach and all the while deadbeat's out there laughing his head off at us. She could see the lighthouse coming up and finally realized that she needed to change her plan, I did get a solid hit on him before he ran. He can't move far with that wound...but...he probably has a bloody potion on him so I can't count on him bleeding all over wherever he's hiding.

She decided to head back to the meeting point and find the Rito that hired her, Might as well see if bird brain and his boys found anything.

Samfool
2011-05-07, 10:49 AM
"You find him, wench?" The Rito 'greets' as you walk up. His men are nowhere to be seen and he is simply sitting on the chest, waiting for a fight from the tattooed man.

Demonicheart
2011-05-07, 11:21 AM
Sylphina clenched her fists and grit her teeth. She did her best to force a smile and held back the beginning of her train of thought, Ask a stupid question birdbrain... Unfortunately, the rest of her thoughts spilled out of her mouth, "If I found the deadbeat, I'd have hog-tied him and dragged him back here. If you weren't sitting there, I'd ask if your boys were actually competent in something other than standing around. Seems they're having the same bloody luck." Sylphina was not in the best of moods and even the thought of being paid wasn't enough to force her to hold her tongue completely. She was nearly at the point that the pay wasn't worth this much hassle at all.

Despite her smart remark and barely restrained tone, she continued, "If you want me searching inland, that's fine..." She mentally finished, You egotistical overgrown featherduster!

Samfool
2011-05-07, 11:40 AM
"Watch it wench. You better go find him, now." The birdman says, pointing his blade at you with a fearsome grin

Demonicheart
2011-05-07, 11:59 AM
Think of the rupees....think of the rupees...think of the rupees...

The gerudo woman looked half-tempted to hurl another insult. Her muscles were tense and her patience was nearly shot to the Dark World. Between the insults from her performance earlier that day, the sudden end to the battle and the fruitless search, the rito's words probably would be enough to push her over the edge. Still, she found the resolve to merely respond, "...as you wish...sir...Sylphina's blades are yours still..." The young woman started to turn towards the center of the island and slowly walk there, One more wench...and I swear to the three goddesses I will make that buzzard eat his own beak!

Samfool
2011-05-07, 12:19 PM
Upon searching (In the dark mind you, it is about one in the morning now) you see movement. You are not sure what it was, but you know something is there..

Demonicheart
2011-05-07, 12:28 PM
Sylphina pauses when she spots movement out the corner of her eye. I'm not letting him get away again! She immediately draws her swords and rushes towards the spot in question, "You are mine!" Although she does want to see what exactly is there before striking, she is more than ready to attack the source should it prove to be the tattooed man.

Samfool
2011-05-07, 12:34 PM
All you see is a moving, twisting shadow before you. It looks similar to the shape of a man..

(Asul, that is in fact you)

Demonicheart
2011-05-07, 01:56 PM
A broad smile crossed Sylphina's face as she stared directly at the mass of shadow. Considering what she had witnessed first hand, she saw little reason not to believe that the tattooed man with weird spells was right there, "You've given me quite the run around, deadbeat. I'm actually impressed...but the chase ends now. If nothing else, this'll make that feathered fool stop yelling in my ear like a poe! You're almost worth more than the hundred rupees I'll get for you." With that she approached the shadowy figure but this time did so cautiously. Her guard was up as she closed the distance. Apparently, she learned a little from her previous attempt.

Here we go again.

Move Action: Close the distance as much as possible without charging.
Standard Action: Total Defense (+4 to AC)

TechnOkami
2011-05-07, 05:35 PM
So, am I back in the realm of light? If so, can I run and pelt her with bolts as I go? (I dont have my laptop ATM, and can't really roll anything yet :/ )

Demonicheart
2011-05-07, 06:04 PM
[Running (4x speed) is a full-round action. Charging (2x speed) allows for an attack but can't be used while fleeing. Unless Samfool rules otherwise, its just a simple move action then standard. On the plus side for you, Sylphina can't make an attack of opportunity while in total defense.]

TechnOkami
2011-05-07, 06:12 PM
Also, I'm just shadows ATM, so your attack should miss unless I'm back...

Samfool
2011-05-07, 07:45 PM
So, am I back in the realm of light? If so, can I run and pelt her with bolts as I go? (I dont have my laptop ATM, and can't really roll anything yet :/ )

[Running (4x speed) is a full-round action. Charging (2x speed) allows for an attack but can't be used while fleeing. Unless Samfool rules otherwise, its just a simple move action then standard. On the plus side for you, Sylphina can't make an attack of opportunity while in total defense.]

Also, I'm just shadows ATM, so your attack should miss unless I'm back...

Told you wrong Asul, sorry..

It looks like you can only go to a direction, not stay in the shadows. You can move for 6 hours at a speed of 50 miles per hour, but only to one direction.

Weird spell!

So basically you moved to the center of the island and found a place to hide. She rolled a straight 20 (rolled off screen) and has therefore found you.

Everyone's actions still stand, you guys are now standing face to face (Asul, your initiative is: 5.. wow.. thats the way the cookie crumbles!)

You cannot run w/o provoking an AoO, and she will destroy you in one on one combat (rogue vs fighter, it should be so) so feel free to try and negotiate! 6-words max, unless you use a full round action. Then you have 6 seconds to talk.

TechnOkami
2011-05-07, 10:08 PM
Told you wrong Asul, sorry..

It looks like you can only go to a direction, not stay in the shadows. You can move for 6 hours at a speed of 50 miles per hour, but only to one direction.

Weird spell!

So basically you moved to the center of the island and found a place to hide. She rolled a straight 20 (rolled off screen) and has therefore found you.

Everyone's actions still stand, you guys are now standing face to face (Asul, your initiative is: 5.. wow.. thats the way the cookie crumbles!)

You cannot run w/o provoking an AoO, and she will destroy you in one on one combat (rogue vs fighter, it should be so) so feel free to try and negotiate! 6-words max, unless you use a full round action. Then you have 6 seconds to talk.

Ok, wait, couldn't I role a hide check in opposition to her spot? Besides, I need to rework my stats to the way I had them before I put focus on Dex and Wis with a little Int (MAD much?), now just Dex and Int.

In case you don't let me try and hide, I'll make my move.

"...why are you hunting me? Is it because of my runes? I can guarantee they won't do you any good."

Samfool
2011-05-07, 10:14 PM
Ok, wait, couldn't I role a hide check in opposition to her spot? Besides, I need to rework my stats to the way I had them before I put focus on Dex and Wis with a little Int (MAD much?), now just Dex and Int.

In case you don't let me try and hide, I'll make my move.

"...why are you hunting me? Is it because of my runes? I can guarantee they won't do you any good."

(This works for roleplay value and to get you guys to work together, hopefully)

TechnOkami
2011-05-07, 10:18 PM
(This works for roleplay value and to get you guys to work together, hopefully)

We'll see... <_<"

Demonicheart
2011-05-08, 02:05 AM
A confused expression crossed Sylphina's face as she heard the tattooed man speak about his runes. Is this guy serious? He hasn't figured it out yet? She gave a small, almost apologetic smirk as she continued, "Trust me, deadbeat, I'm not hunting you for your runes. I wouldn't even have attacked you if that birdbrained Rito you were dealing with before hadn't given the signal. You remember it, right?" For the sake of demonstration, Sylphina raised her right sword hand and held her fist in the air briefly before bringing her hand back down.

She sighed a little as she finished, "Since you were so good at this chase, I'll let you in on a secret. Between you and me, I'd rather skewer that overgrown cucco instead of listen to his orders...but he's the only one around here who'll hire me. Everyone else just turns me down or hurl insults....not like the featherduster isn't any better. There's nothing personal here." It was as clear as day she had absolutely no love for her employer. With that, the gerudo refocused on the task at hand, "So...how is this going to work? Are you going to come back with me quietly or do I have to drag your hide back."

She is choosing not to attack this round but is clearly ready to do so.

TechnOkami
2011-05-08, 04:01 AM
A momentary pause occurs between the two, the sea wind bliwing lightly on their faces, impatiently waiting for an answer.
Think. Think. Think Asul! What could you possibly- !

"Or, you could listen to my proposition."

Note: He's done nothing but RUN AWAY, and technically has not attacked and only drew his weapons on the Ruto. You sort of impaled yourself on Asul's sword, so technically that was your fault. Nevertheless, you have no good reason not to trust him/listen to him other than the fact you were hired to kill him.

Demonicheart
2011-05-08, 05:36 AM
Sylphina arched her brow in curiosity at the man reply. She had little reason to trust this individual and even less to believe him. After all, there was a reason she chose the nickname 'deadbeat' for him. Still, considering her mood, she honestly hated her current employer far more than this stranger, "...it had better be a good proposition, but I'm listening."

TechnOkami
2011-05-08, 04:26 PM
"Come work for my boss. He's a Goron trader, and from what I can see with yours, he's far nicer than the Ruto. He even gave me this so I can work in the day without hindrance *shows her the mask*. You're practically guaranteed a job because he's always short on staff, hence why he even took me (not that he's prejudice or anything). You would get steady pay, and if you travel with me, you will be using your swords... a lot."

...I hope I didn't just dig myself a grave. :smalleek:

Demonicheart
2011-05-08, 04:59 PM
Sylphina listened very carefully to each word the stranger spoke. Once he was completely finished, she snickered a moment and slowly began laughing. Inbetween her bouts of laughter, she cried out in amusement, "...HAHA! That's rich! Really rich...a Goron willing to hire a Gerudo?! You've got a great sense of humor!" She breathed deeply and forced herself to calm down a bit, "Hehe, I oughta let you go for that joke alone...I haven't laughed like that in days!"

After a minute or two, the young woman finally stopped laughing but an amused smile remained on her face, "Our two races haven't been on good terms with each other. Stems from some ancient grudge or something...I really don't know the specifics. I bet 20 rupees your boss turns me down at first sight. Still...the rest of what you said is interesting...I guess I can't call you deadbeat anymore."

Sylphina seemed to be appraising the stranger in a new light, "Your boss pays you...which means you shafted the Rito on purpose. I like your guts. I'll make a counter offer, we'll play things your way for now. I'd like to see with my own eyes if this Goron is everything you claim him to be. If your boss turns me down, you hire me on the spot and put up your own rupees. If you trust him so much, this won't be an issue anyway. We got a deal?"

TechnOkami
2011-05-08, 07:06 PM
Ouch... this could become problematic.

"I don't mind paying you if I have to... that's not the issue. The problem is I'm in debt to my boss, and not just because of the mask. I have to save some of what I get so I can pay him back. He never gave me a deadline, but he said that he wanted me to pay for it, so my paycheck is cut in half as it is... I can give you a third of it, but that's as much as I can give to you."

Um, GM, I never really cleared this with you. I assumed that Asul is getting paid because he needs to pay the money back for the mask, but then again, getting paid would only give the Goron his money back if you think about it. Nevertheless, if he does get paid, how much? I'm already thinking that I'll have to supplement some money to the debt and to the Gerudo from adventures, so... what's your verdict?

Demonicheart
2011-05-08, 07:32 PM
Sylphina let out a small sigh of resignation, "Guess I dropped the deadbeat nickname prematurely. If anything, it says a bit about your boss if he's willing to pay you anything at all since you owe him...the overgrown cucco would just point his sword at you and say you had two choices, slavery or death. Heck, the feathered jerk would probably find some way to make you do both by working you to death." Even if the Gerudo was not exactly thrilled or hopeful of her chances to get employment this way, she had to give the Goron some praise for his treatment of employees. Of course, she had her own reasons to journey and staying with the Rito was looking more and more like a dead end job.

With a small smirk, Sylphina lowered her weapons, "Still, I'm fine with this deal. Now, all that's left is what do you want to do about bird brain? He's still at the lighthouse, sitting on your chest like its an egg. I could pretend to tie you up and walk you there so we could get close to him or we could just ignore him and ditch this island." She thought back on everything she was told and decided that secrecy was not going to help her build a rapport with her new partner, "The majority of his men are busy ransacking the ship he mentioned earlier...or looking for you. Also, that package you were going to pick up was a bomb. I was told not to tell you that but yeah. The bird can go lay an egg."

TechnOkami
2011-05-08, 07:50 PM
A bomb? What could they possibly want with a bomb?

"Hm... do you know who I was supposed to deliver the bomb to, if anybody at all?

Demonicheart
2011-05-08, 07:57 PM
The red haired woman merely shrugged her shoulders, "Not a bloody clue. That's basically all I knew ahead of time. Anything else would require us making a certain brazen buzzard we both know sing." She grinned a little as she imagined what that battle would be like, "Of course, I would very much enjoy that...or just slashing him repeatedly even if he says nothing. I'm not picky there and I was tired of always being called 'wench'."

TechnOkami
2011-05-08, 08:08 PM
"I'm not too interested in what happens to the Ruto, but if we came to my employer with the bomb and box intact, that might improve your chances of actually getting hired. I can tell Barteron that you helped me recover it, and that I recommend you for employment. That's the best thing we could do."

Asul thinks for a second, and then adds onto what he said.

"...infact, if we bring back the Ruto alive, there might be a reward of some sort for his capture."

Samfool
2011-05-08, 09:45 PM
Feel free to do what you guys want! You are RPing perfectly, and have a good dynamic. So what will it be? Grab the bomb or high-tail it out of here?

TechnOkami
2011-05-08, 11:15 PM
Feel free to do what you guys want! You are RPing perfectly, and have a good dynamic. So what will it be? Grab the bomb or high-tail it out of here?

Well, I'm waiting on her response.

Demonicheart
2011-05-09, 01:35 AM
A wide smirk crossed the tan skinned woman's face as she stretched her arms a little. It was reminiscent of the first time she stepped out of the bushes, "If you're going to do something, don't do it half-arsed. I'm game for claiming the chest and playing a round of whack the birdy. Still, I'll try and keep the feather head alive...wounded but alive."

She took a moment to put her swords away and dug deep in to her travel pack. It didn't take the woman long before she pulled out a rolled up piece of rope, "Now the only question to ask is whether your in the mood for pretending to be caught so we can get close or whether I should just go back on my own while you sneak around and sock him one. I'm fine with either plan."

TechnOkami
2011-05-09, 09:35 AM
"I would prefer to sneak around him honestly. That way I can basically hold my knife at his throat while you tie him up. Even if his ... servitors come to save him, they won't dare let their employer be killed. ...what kind of rope do you have?"

Hell, we might even be able to get them to join us by being stronger than the Ruto...

Demonicheart
2011-05-09, 05:56 PM
Sylphina continued to dig around her pack as she idly answered the question, "Its the cheap hempen kind. I suppose I could've gotten better but can't worry about it now. If you have better, I don't mind using that. Anyway, I'll be playing the loudmouth distraction while you move in. Since that's my role, I should probably do something about our 'scratches' before hand."

After some rummaging, the tan skinned woman pulled out two potion bottles. The Gerudo downed one of the potions while handing the second one to her new ally. The scratch she gained along her shoulder quickly closed and she was more than ready for a fight, "Probably won't do much but every little bit helps....by the way, I still don't know your name. You don't have to tell me but then I'll be forced to use my colorful nicknames like 'deadbeat' or 'Tats'. I'm not looking to annoy you."

After waiting a minute to see if the stranger would give a name and drink the potion, she put the rope away and started to head back to lighthouse, "Get ready, I'm heading there now." The Gerudo woman wondered if they could really pull this off without giving the Rito a clue about their true intent. Its all going to be on me then...I need to come up with a good story for why I came back again without my 'target'. The story won't be the problem...its the fact that I'm in such a good mood now...and I'm hardly ever in a good mood unless I'm about to fight something. Once he's distracted, its up to my new partner to take it from there. As hard as she tried, she couldn't resist smiling a little, Even if the birdy figures out what's coming, I'll be happy to dish it out. The look of surprise is merely icing on the cake.

Sylphina gave Asul a cure light wounds potion (heals 1d8+1 damage) and drank one herself.

Sylphina heals [roll0]

Sylphina is at full hp.

TechnOkami
2011-05-09, 11:35 PM
Just so you all know, my laptops ac charger has fried, and a new one is in the works. Until then, my options are limited to responding, and it's difficult to do so on my phone.

Asul pauses for a moment and considers thanking her, but holds back. He drinks the potion, puts the container in his bag, and follows behind her, putting his mask over his face.

Asul will drink the cure light wounds potion Sylph gave him.

Asul will heal for 1d8+1 (result will come when I figure out what I'm doing wrong)

Asul heals some of his damage from before, but is not up to full.

Demonicheart
2011-05-10, 05:17 PM
Din knows that she had been waiting for this a long time. A gleeful grin was permanently etched onto her face as she thought of all the times she wanted to strike the Rito but couldn't because it would cost her a job. At the lighthouse, she called out happily as she drew her blades and walked with them, "Hey birdbrain! I finally found Tats. Broke two of his legs before he cast another weird spell to block my swords. I know where he is so I thought you'd want to get off your feathered rear and do something for once."

"Oh I thought of lots of lovely things on my way back, a few hits from a bastard sword...a good kick in the gut...maybe a punch in the face...once the spell ends." It was too much. The pent up rage that Sylphina had felt was coming out. Only a complete moron wouldn't realize who she was really fantasizing about beating up. It certainly wasn't the tattooed man.

You can't edit a post to add rolls or use preview. If you want to add a roll, the only way is to make a new post. Speaking of rolls, here is Sylphina's bluff check to trick the Rito into thinking everything's fine and that she isn't planning to whack him a few times with her sword. The response will change drastically depending on her roll. I'll add in fluff once I see the result.

[roll0]

Edit: Okay, Sylph's way too excited to lie right. Still, she will be distracting at least with her obvious betrayal. Right now, I'm thinking no surprise round for Sylphina but a good hide check could still save Asul.

TechnOkami
2011-05-10, 08:35 PM
Roll for the previous potion: [roll0]
...oi vey, hes still VERY low. Cleric needed, or several potions, either or.

Alright, now is my chance...

Drawing his Rapier and Hand Crossbow, Asul will now cautiously and quietly approach the Ruto from behind, making sure that he keeps out of his and the sight of anyone else who might be present.

Asul will make a hide, a spot, and a move silently check.

Hide: [roll1]

Move Silently: [roll2]

Spot: [roll3]

Samfool
2011-05-11, 10:31 AM
Roll for the previous potion: [roll0]
...oi vey, hes still VERY low. Cleric needed, or several potions, either or.

Alright, now is my chance...

Drawing his Rapier and Hand Crossbow, Asul will now cautiously and quietly approach the Ruto from behind, making sure that he keeps out of his and the sight of anyone else who might be present.

Asul will make a hide, a spot, and a move silently check.

Hide: [roll1]

Move Silently: [roll2]

Spot: [roll3]

No one sees you, but you can see the Rito, but no Rutos are in sight..

The Rito man looks at Sylphina with a raised eyebrow and sword drawn. He is genuinely confused.

TechnOkami
2011-05-11, 11:56 AM
Moving swiftly and silently like the shadows, he moves behind the Ruto, puts his crossbow to his back and his rapier to his throat.

Just curious, does he count as being flanked atm?

"Drop your sword, or I will drop it for you."

Demonicheart
2011-05-11, 01:49 PM
Sylphina's grin never faded as she picked up her pace and charged directly at the Rito, "If all it took was a rant veiled in a lie to shut you up, I'd have done this a long time ago! In any case, I QUIT!" Even as the tattooed man was sneaking around behind her former employer, the Gerudo wanted to dish out a little pain beforehand. She still maintained enough wits to remember her agreement about not killing the Rito but that certainly didn't mean she couldn't rough him up. She pointed the flat side of her right handed blade towards the bird and lined it up with his face hoping to smack him hard with her weapon without drawing blood.

Initiative if need be: [roll0]

Move Action: Sylphina is charging at the Rito.

Standard Action: Charge Attack
Effect: +2 to attack roll, -4 for non-lethal attack, (if Asul init beats mine, add 2 to the final attack roll for flanking)
Attack Roll: [roll1]
If Hit Non-lethal damage: [roll2]

Now, Sylphina and Asul should get the +2 for flanking

Samfool
2011-05-12, 08:22 AM
The sword catches the Rito in the side of the head. It shakes him, but does not break skin. He immediately runs off and begins flying away, obviously not wanting to be caught at an "unfair" advantage.

Demonicheart
2011-05-12, 08:32 AM
Sylphina had a clear smirk upon her face as she noticed her blade connect with his face, Oh, that felt SO good! However, she was not so lost in the moment that she didn't notice her former employer attempting to escape from both Sylphina and her new ally. She called out in a mocking tone as she took another swing at him, "Where ya going featherhead?! We're just getting started here!" She figured that with the ringing sensation he was probably feeling in his skull, the Gerudo could get away with drawing blood without killing the Rito.

Attack of Opportunity

Effects: +2 for flanking.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
if hit, lethal damage: [roll1]

Asul should also be making one as well.

TechnOkami
2011-05-12, 09:15 AM
Fool.

Technically, I should be making two. And wouldn't it be a bad idea for him to run away when I have a sword to his throat? Just saying...

Nevertheless if that doesn't fly, here's his rolls.

To hit with Rapier: [roll0]

Lethal damage: [roll1]

Sneak attack: [roll2]

Total damage: 24

To hit with Hand Crossbow: (1d20+12)[24] (as in the next post)

Lethal damage: [roll3]

Sneak attack: [roll4]

Total damage: 23

Grand total damage from both sources for 47 damage... oh boy...

TechnOkami
2011-05-12, 09:18 AM
Don't mind this.

[roll0]

Samfool
2011-05-12, 09:58 AM
No one said the Rito is a smart man.. All he knows is there are a lot of people who would have him tortured, not just simply killed.

Your blades tear through the Rito as he attempts to escape. His oddly surprised eyes are wide with fright as blood pours from his throat. The splatter hits both of you, making the tattoos on the Twili glow, and the eyes of the Greudo glow with pleasure.

Demonicheart
2011-05-12, 10:21 AM
Watching the loudmouth Rito get torn apart was satisfying to Sylphina. She briefly closed her eyes and reveled in the moment. Truly, she was glad to be rid of that pain in her neck. She blinked a bit in surprise as she thought back to their intended goal and spoke, "Hey...um, sorry about the whole...let's try and get him alive thing. The bird was about to fly the coop. If he got away, the only thing I'd be able to do would be to shoot arrows up his rear...and if I got him, the fall probably would've kill him anyway." She kicked the body once just to make sure he was dead before adding, "I'm glad he's gone...just annoyed I couldn't help you do what you wanted to, Tats."

Slyphina reached into her travel pack and pulled out her waterskin. She used a little bit of the water to wash off her blade and herself before putting it away. With the Rito dealt with, she turned her attention to the chest with the bomb. The Gerudo picked up the package once more with a small grin, "I can handle carrying this. I was ordered to keep an eye on it before the meeting anyway. So, all that's left is going back to your boss, right?"

TechnOkami
2011-05-12, 10:59 AM
Yes... well, we can still bring his corpse. Perhaps there's a reward for his death. And I wonder where his henchmen went...

After ripping out the crossbow bolt from the Ruto's flesh, Asul pauses for a moment to inspect his own wounds, open and stinging.

...you don't happen to have any more potions on your person, do you?

Demonicheart
2011-05-12, 06:57 PM
Sylphina pointed briefly to the harbor at the west end of spectacle island, "The bulk of birdy's little boys are down there at the harbor. They are probably wrapping up the raid on the ship that you were suppose to deliver the chest to. What was going to happen after that, I haven't a clue since it wasn't my part of this job to know that. Maybe they were going to blow the ship as a last hurrah. Since birdy's been here the whole time, I guess they don't have a clue what's been going on." She gestured inland a bit, "As for the two who were with me, I'm guessing they're still trying to find you...if they didn't blab about the deal going south already."

When the strange man asked for another potion, a deep frown briefly formed on Sylphina's face, "Yeah...I have more but...argh, dodongo droppings...its my fault your that messed up in the first place. Just remember I'm not made of potions here and they aren't cheap." One part of the gerudo woman told her that her collection of potions was for her use only. There was no reason she should bother sharing it since two people could run through it faster than one. Still, the twing of guilt Sylphina felt for the first assault won out and demanded that she help out so there wasn't any bad blood between them. She pulled out two more potions and passed them to the tattooed man, "You can have these, Tats. I still have a pair of potions left for myself."

Sylphina gives Asul two more cure light wounds potions.

TechnOkami
2011-05-12, 08:21 PM
...thank you.

Asul takes one bottle, downs it, and shoves the other bottle in his bag.

So... seeing that the ship I came on is out of the question, how did you get here?

Asul's drinking of one of the potions: [roll]1d8+1[\roll]

Samfool
2011-05-12, 10:02 PM
...thank you.

Asul takes one bottle, downs it, and shoves the other bottle in his bag.

So... seeing that the ship I came on is out of the question, how did you get here?

Asul's drinking of one of the potions: [roll]1d8+1[\roll]

You need to use the other slash..

You heal [roll0] points. Ouchhhh

Her ship is controlled by the Rito's men. They probably are done with the ship, it has been about an hour of pure harassment..

Demonicheart
2011-05-12, 11:20 PM
The gerudo woman mused aloud to her new ally, "Way I see it, three choices. One, we head back to the ship I came in on, the Rito's ship. However, that one will be crawling with his boys. Not really sure who'd be loyal and who'd be a turncoat. Then there's the whole argument over 'Who gets to be the next captain?' and 'Should we really let the blokes who killed the last one live?' Either way, I'd expect a battle there."

She focused her eyes back at the harbor as she continued, "Option two, we go to the ship that the crew ransacked, check to see if its still whole enough to sail and leave. Sure, its stealing but hey, we didn't take the valuables. The owners want their stuff back, they can't go after us.

Option three, we just lay low on the island till morning, find a ferry, pay our way and leave. Less headaches later but by then the birdy's crew would get wise to the fact that the captain isn't back yet...and that I'm not back either."

TechnOkami
2011-05-13, 12:04 AM
Seriously, what's wrong with her potions?

Asul, still feeling as drained as ever with wounds still open to the world, he downs the final potion on his person, hoping to whatever god who may listen that he actually heal decently.

Ok... one more time... [roll0] And next time GM, could you let me make the roll please?

After drinking the potion, he listens to her options, and after sizing them up, he makes a decision.

"Option two sounds the best out of them so far. We might even be able to keep the ship as long as its in working order and there's a crew to man it. If that's not possible, then option three. I'd rather not fight unless it's absolutely necessary."

Samfool
2011-05-13, 12:09 AM
Seriously, what's wrong with her potions?

Asul, still feeling as drained as ever with wounds still open to the world, he downs the final potion on his person, hoping to whatever god who may listen that he actually heal decently.

Ok... one more time... [roll0] And next time GM, could you let me make the roll please?

After drinking the potion, he listens to her options, and after sizing them up, he makes a decision.

"Option two sounds the best out of them so far. We might even be able to keep the ship as long as its in working order and there's a crew to man it. If that's not possible, then option three. I'd rather not fight unless it's absolutely necessary."

Not trying to step on toes! You can use your roll, that is fine with me =] You only burnt one more potion, not both.

TechnOkami
2011-05-13, 12:11 AM
Not trying to step on toes! You can use your roll, that is fine with me =] You only burnt one more potion, not both.

Thank you. I'll use the potion roll I just did as the previous and save the latter.

Demonicheart
2011-05-13, 12:18 AM
The gerudo woman nodded a bit as she grabbed the body of the Rito leader by his feathered leg and began dragging him along. Although the runed stranger really didn't need more proof of how much she hated the bird captain, the consistency certainly hammered the point home. She walked towards the harbor content that by now it was probably deserted, "They should be gone by now. Let's see if the little boys left the stuff that was nailed down." With that, she was on her way to the ransacked ship.

TechnOkami
2011-05-13, 12:45 AM
Asul follows close behind, making sure once more that there's no one around.

Spot check: [roll0] ...ok, tries to.

Samfool
2011-05-13, 12:55 PM
You see no one, it is very late at night, and everyone is asleep..

You both reach the harbor and see that there are a few Moblins boarding a ship, the very ship that the Rito owns. They are dragging a few sacks of.. something. You cannot tell what. You see the boat that the tattooed man was to board before the deal went sour.

Demonicheart
2011-05-13, 06:32 PM
The Gerudo woman paused in her march as her eyes drifted to the group of moblins dragging 'sacks' aboard a nearby ship. Certain that the brutes were too busy with their current task to pay them much mind, Sylphina briefly explained the sight, "See the ship the ugly pigfaces are boarding? That's the ship that belonged to Birdbrain here. Those Moblins were slaves the birdy picked up to do most of the heavy lifting. You can see their slave tattoo brands if you look hard enough. I have no idea what the muscle heads are carrying. Could be valuables...could be a body...if you wanna walk up and ask them go ahead. I've never known a friendly moblin myself. Still, we're trying leave here quickly. The ship we want is further down."

She dropped the Rito's leg and pointed to the ship at the end of the harbor, "That's the one you were suppose to board with the package." With that done, she picked up the leg once more and continued to drag the body. Sylphina made sure to give her former employer's ship a rather wide birth as she headed towards the last ship on the end of the docks.

TechnOkami
2011-05-13, 06:52 PM
Asul remains ever silent, walking beside her, wondering what's inside the bags of the Moblins. He's too inclined not to, for the sake of avoiding a fight, but the question still nags at him like a thorn in his brain. Nevertheless, he keeps on walking...

Samfool
2011-05-13, 06:56 PM
You reach the ship, and see that the sailors are not on deck..

Demonicheart
2011-05-13, 07:05 PM
Sylphina causally dropped the Rito's body on the deck of the ship once she boarded it. As far as she was concerned, there was no need to lug him around anymore. The main thing that was important in her eyes was whether or not the ship was still sea worthy and if two people could sail it.

TechnOkami
2011-05-13, 07:25 PM
...~sigh~, leaving a corpse on the deck of a ship we're about to commandeer isn't the best of ideas...

Asul finishes her own job and drags the body onto a lower deck to deal with later. Meantime, he will find the Gerudo woman and ask the following:

"...can we even manage a ship like this by ourselves?"

"We can't manage a ship of this size by ourselves... *remembers the moblins* Maybe if we start a Moblin riot on the other ship by granting them their freedom, they would be more inclined to do as we ask."

Samfool
2011-05-13, 07:40 PM
(You know you cannot)

Demonicheart
2011-05-14, 08:14 AM
A deep frown crossed the tan skinned woman's face as she observed the craft. She hated to admit it, but her new ally was right. There was no conceivable way they could run this ship with two people. She let out a deep sigh, "...without more help, best we could hope for is that the ship drifts to another island without sinking somewhere along the way. Guess we have to go to birdy's ship anyway. Hopefully, the rest of the crew's patting themselves on the back and getting drunk over a job well done. By morning they'll probably wonder where is featherhead to gloat and wave around that stupid scimitar of hi-"

Sylphina blinked a bit as if a thought entered her mind that should've crossed it minutes ago. She briefly cursed to herself as she headed below deck, "...just what kind of pathetic excuse for a Gerudo am I? I should've checked to see if birdy had anything useful on him..." She mentally kicked herself for just taking his body without looking in his pockets, There could've been keys...written plans...dondongo dung just rupees would be a plus. Now, she was going to strip the bird naked and take anything that wasn't attached to his body.

After completing her search, she returned to the upper deck, "Sorry about that...anyway, the Moblins should be easy to rile up if nothing else. Whether they'll help out after, I haven't a clue. If you've got a plan, I'm all ears."

All this time we had the body and neither of us thought to loot it. Some adventurers we are! :smalltongue:

Samfool
2011-05-14, 10:11 AM
hahaha xD
You find ten rupees and the scimitar attached to his belt, everything else is pretty common place items.

You hear a thump and a hiss.

TechnOkami
2011-05-14, 02:41 PM
Upon hearing that, Asul will run behind a large object and hide, pulling out his crossbow to wait and shoot if necessary. (I am w/o my laptop ATM, so my hide and spot checks will come later in another post)

...is it a snake?

Demonicheart
2011-05-14, 05:55 PM
Sylphina was never one to run from danger unless it was painfully clear that she could not win. So, when she heard the strange thud and the sound of a hiss, she remained on the deck and merely looked around. She figured that if the source of the sound was hostile, it would attack her and give away its position. Then she would pay it back a dozen fold. Still, she wasn't foolish enough to remain unarmed in this scenario. The familiar feel of two bastard swords in her hands kept the young woman calm. If she found the source, good for her. If not, then she believed the smartest thing it could do would be to avoid her. I have better things to do than worry about some stray animal.

Spot Check[roll0]

TechnOkami
2011-05-15, 05:05 AM
Ok, here's Asul's stuff.

Hide check: [roll0]

Spot check: [roll1]

Samfool
2011-05-15, 11:11 AM
You hear grumbling and muffled sounds..

LISTEN CHECK

Demonicheart
2011-05-15, 12:55 PM
Whelp, there goes that nat 20. :smalltongue:

Listen Roll [roll0]

TechnOkami
2011-05-15, 03:11 PM
Oh joy, the one stat I have no modifiers in. :smallannoyed:

[roll0]

Samfool
2011-05-15, 09:17 PM
You cannot hear where the sound is coming from

[insert jaws music]

TechnOkami
2011-05-16, 01:24 AM
...the left, the right? Hn... I can't tell where it is at all... Might as well wait for it to show up and use the girl as bait.

Asul readies his crossbow to shoot at whatever might pop out of nowhere and what he discerns to be an enemy.

Samfool
2011-05-17, 11:01 PM
Anyone going to look about?

I mean, you guys are just standing awkwardly while something went bump in the night..

TechnOkami
2011-05-18, 10:59 AM
We made spot checks.... :P

Samfool
2011-05-18, 01:58 PM
We made spot checks.... :P

And spotted nothing, for there is nothing to spot!

You heard a bump and a whipering-hiss-like-sound.

(Search the boat)

Screw it xD

You hear.. crying?

It sounds like a young woman.

And it is coming from below deck..

TechnOkami
2011-05-18, 02:53 PM
...I thought we were the only ones on the ship...

Asul turns to the Gerudo.

"...do you hear that?"

Demonicheart
2011-05-18, 10:15 PM
Sylphina had expected a lot of things when she heard the sound. She expected a member of the Rito's crew to suddenly spring up and attack. Though that was more like a secret fantasy of the tan skinned woman. She enjoyed the simple pleasure such as fighting. The fact that her ally took cover somewhere really didn't bother her. She was used to having people who relied on stealth around. The crimson haired woman was ready and willing to act as bait for whatever lay in wait.

Still, the sound of someone crying was not on her list of expectations. With a deep frown, she looked back at the door below deck, That...shouldn't be right... The young Gerudo tried to think about the possible scenarios for such a series of sounds. One came in loud and clear, One of the Rito's crew or maybe a pair of deku brained idiots found a woman aboard and thought to have their way with her. Hylian women are so weak...its embarrassing to all women. I might as well go down there and introduce my blades to the idiots nether region. She let out a small sigh as she wordlessly descended into the ship once more. This time she was going to take a good long look around and open any doors she can find.

Sylphina will be systematic. She will start from the closest door to her right side beyond the stairs and keep moving down the line until she either makes a circle, finds the source, or runs into a locked door.

Samfool
2011-05-18, 11:26 PM
Sylphina had expected a lot of things when she heard the sound. She expected a member of the Rito's crew to suddenly spring up and attack. Though that was more like a secret fantasy of the tan skinned woman. She enjoyed the simple pleasure such as fighting. The fact that her ally took cover somewhere really didn't bother her. She was used to having people who relied on stealth around. The crimson haired woman was ready and willing to act as bait for whatever lay in wait.

Still, the sound of someone crying was not on her list of expectations. With a deep frown, she looked back at the door below deck, That...shouldn't be right... The young Gerudo tried to think about the possible scenarios for such a series of sounds. One came in loud and clear, One of the Rito's crew or maybe a pair of deku brained idiots found a woman aboard and thought to have their way with her. Hylian women are so weak...its embarrassing to all women. I might as well go down there and introduce my blades to the idiots nether region. She let out a small sigh as she wordlessly descended into the ship once more. This time she was going to take a good long look around and open any doors she can find.

Sylphina will be systematic. She will start from the closest door to her right side beyond the stairs and keep moving down the line until she either makes a circle, finds the source, or runs into a locked door.

You found the source of the crying, it emanated from a large sailor in the bowles of the ship. They were hiding from the Moblins.

TechnOkami
2011-05-19, 11:12 AM
This doesn't sound like Gonzo at all. :smalltongue:

Asul is quite frankly perplexed. He's never run into a situation like this before, and really has no clue what to do.

"...I'm staying out of this."

Asul steps back outside of the room to check the other rooms. He has his crossbow at the ready to pelt anything he feels threatening.

Samfool
2011-05-19, 12:17 PM
"DONT KILL ME!" The sailor screams as he run to the other side of the tiny room. There are two others standing there with oars, ready to pummel you if you come into the door.

"Back off Greudo." they say with a sneer.

Demonicheart
2011-05-19, 07:04 PM
A dumbfounded look crossed the gerudo's face as if she couldn't believe her own eyes. First of all, there was the man who was crying in a high pitched tone despite how much his appearance wouldn't match his voice. Then there were to two other sailors wielding oars and attempting to keep the young woman back from entering. Sylphina couldn't help but think to herself, I'm not sure whether to laugh at the absurdity of it all or sigh at the stupidity...

She planted her swords in front of her and commented, "Look morons...two oars versus two swords isn't fair odds...even if there are more of you than me." Naturally, she didn't actually let go of her weapons. She wasn't completely stupid. "If I really wanted to slice you lot up, I wouldn't be wasting my breath talking to you. I'd just tell you my name and get to the action. Its Sylphina in case your curious. The moblins are gone for now but I'm willing to bet rupees you'll see them again since I'm here and I just killed their leader with my other friend you just saw. His feathered corpse is lying in the hall just outside." With that, she pulled out her swords, put them away and walked away from the door for a few seconds.

She couldn't have been gone for more than a minute until she returned and roughly tossed the naked Rito's body into the room with the sailors, "There's my proof. The birdy here is the leader of the moblins and the mercs who attacked your ship. As for what I'm doing on this ship, I need to get out port fast. It'd be a good idea for you guys too since you can get far away from the raiders before they figure out bird brain here ain't coming back to the ship."

Samfool
2011-05-19, 08:50 PM
For a moment, the sailors just stand there, waiting. When you come back with the bird, they simply look over to it, and then stare at each other.

"You are not going to kill us?" One of them ask.

Demonicheart
2011-05-19, 09:07 PM
Sylphina threw her arms up dramatically as she couldn't believe her ears, "By Din's holy bosom, NO! I am NOT going to kill you. I'm a straight forward Gerudo woman and the thought of cutting up a bunch of sailors armed with oars doesn't appeal to me. Is that so hard to understand? Ugh!"

The gerudo was annoyed by the question but she lowered her arms and regained a little bit of composure, "Even if by some twisted logic I wanted to kill you, that would be completely stupid of me. This ship is too large for two people to sail. I'm honestly hoping there are more of you so we can get underway and not have to worry about the raiders coming back here!"

TechnOkami
2011-05-19, 09:12 PM
Asul opens the first door to find... *drumroll*

Samfool
2011-05-19, 09:31 PM
NOTHING! =D

The sailors murmur amongst themselves for a bit, and then turn and nod. They agree to transport you to the nearby Windfall island, but no further.

TechnOkami
2011-05-19, 10:01 PM
With the fruits of his labors all but naught, null, and void, Asul returns to where he last left the Gerudo, who seemingly pres gained the sailors into dropping us off at Windfall Island (I'm assuming this is where by boss is?). About to move up to the crows nest to keep watch, Asul came to a realization he never thought about until now.

Asul walks up to the Gerudo.

"...you know, besides that time we almost stabbed each other to death, I don't think we properly introduced ourselves. My name is Asul."

Demonicheart
2011-05-21, 09:05 PM
Sylphina was pleased that she came to a working agreement with the few remaining sailors. Truthfully, she wasn't all that concerned about the other mercenaries. She knew that if a fight broke out, she would answer it with force. However, the main problem was whether or not she would survive such a battle let alone win. With her cache of potions dwindling and the realization that she needed to get stronger, her battle lust was tempered by reason. Furthermore, her new ally was adamant about escaping the island rather than staying. A smirk formed on her lips as she thought, We probably could've strapped the bomb chest to the birdbrain's ship hull and watched it sink beneath the waves...nah, good thought but I shouldn't push my naturally good luck. Figuring that the sailors would wonder what she was thinking about to make such an expression, she merely replied, "Alright, that's more like it. I'll even do you guys a favor and help out with the physical labor too. Beats sitting around on the ship doing nothing. Let's get underway."

Her attention turned to Asul when he finally made his introduction. Sylphina made a playful pout, "And here I was getting used to the nicknames, Tats and Deadbeat. I'm just kidding, Asul. I'd tell you my name but I did that once already tonight. I hope you haven't forgotten it already." Apparently, having people remember Sylphina's name was important to her. From the look she was giving Asul, she was checking to see if he had forgotten it.

TechnOkami
2011-05-21, 09:11 PM
Sylphina was pleased that she came to a working agreement with the few remaining sailors. Truthfully, she wasn't all that concerned about the other mercenaries. She knew that if a fight broke out, she would answer it with force. However, the main problem was whether or not she would survive such a battle let alone win. With her cache of potions dwindling and the realization that she needed to get stronger, her battle lust was tempered by reason. Furthermore, her new ally was adamant about escaping the island rather than staying. A smirk formed on her lips as she thought, We probably could've strapped the bomb chest to the birdbrain's ship hull and watched it sink beneath the waves...nah, good thought but I shouldn't push my naturally good luck. Figuring that the sailors would wonder what she was thinking about to make such an expression, she merely replied, "Alright, that's more like it. I'll even do you guys a favor and help out with the physical labor too. Beats sitting around on the ship doing nothing. Let's get underway."

Her attention turned to Asul when he finally made his introduction. Sylphina made a playful pout, "And here I was getting used to the nicknames, Tats and Deadbeat. I'm just kidding, Asul. I'd tell you my name but I did that once already tonight. I hope you haven't forgotten it already." Apparently, having people remember Sylphina's name was important to her. From the look she was giving Asul, she was checking to see if he had forgotten it.

Well, i'll be frank, I forgot that he found out her name (can you point me where exactly plz?)

"Yes, I remember your name Sylphina.

Demonicheart
2011-05-21, 09:42 PM
She let out a small laugh as she commented, "I told you I'd make you remember it...though this really wasn't how I expected this night to go at all. Not that I'm complaining mind you." After a moment, she decided to confirm the current plan, "The sailors are going to head for Windfall Island and we'll get off there. If your boss isn't there at least we'll be able to get another ride without having to worry about a vengeance happy crew...hopefully, Din willing, they'll be too busy arguing over who gets to be captain now to bother with us."

((She spoke her name back on the first page in my first post in the topic. Essentially she exclaimed it while she was charging right at you.))

Samfool
2011-05-21, 10:33 PM
(Your boss never tells you where he is, he has contacts throughout the Great Sea. You know there is one in Windfall.)

With out any further ado, the sailors take you to your destination. You sail for less than a day, and before you stands a giant Windmill. It has many holes and burn marks and very recent battle scars. It looks like it went through an ordeal.

Demonicheart
2011-05-21, 10:46 PM
For the beginning and near the end of the journey, Sylphina kept to her word about aiding the sailors in the heavy lifting required to sail the ship. Once everything was in working order though, the young woman found a corner on the deck, curled up and took a nap. She had been awake for most of the previous day as well as a good portion of the night. Sure she didn't expect much trouble...or at least nothing out of the ordinary at Windfall but she wanted to be rested just in case. She got up just in time to see the island come into view.

When the gerudo woman saw the windmill's current state, a grimace formed on her face, "Great...I'll bet pirates caused those pot shots in the windmill...and with my luck a gerudo was probably among the crew. Well...I wasn't expecting a warm welcome anyway." She spoke her mind because she really didn't care if the crew or Asul chose to overhear her.

TechnOkami
2011-05-22, 12:24 AM
"...if it makes you feel any safer, you can wear this *points to his cloak*. I've been here enough that they know who I am, minus the runes. I doubt anything would change if they knew about them."

Asul let the wind pass by them as he spoke, billowing his cloak into the salty air.

"My contact should be this way. He works in a small open air stall under the one and only bar of the town."

Asul points in a general direction as he says this.

Demonicheart
2011-05-22, 11:42 AM
Sylphina tilted her head a little and raised a brow. She was looking for some sign that the gesture was merely some joke or that he didn't really mean it. When such a sign didn't appear, the Gerudo woman mused aloud, "Wow...I'm surprised you'd be willing to part with it. Still, I'm not some weak skinned hylian brat. Whatever comes, let it come. I'm not going to hide who I am. Its their problem, not mine. Let's meet up with your contact." With that done, the Gerudo woman followed Asul's lead eager to find out if she was right about what the Goron boss would say about this whole situation.

TechnOkami
2011-05-22, 12:45 PM
Even though it's not his disposition to do so, this wasn't an army he was leading into battle. Taking the lead, Asul strode over Windfall's earthen paths, the same familiar cloaked figure walking it's streets once again as the people are nonreactive to his presence, though they are a little startled by his new company. He leads them up a spiraling road with several intermittent cobble steps until ther reach the stall, finding it's manager of the day to be...

Just by the way GM, I've been looking over how I've been playing Asul, and have come to the conclusion that Chaotic Neutral isn't the right alignment for him. The one which would actually fit best is true neutral with good tendencies.

Um... are we waiting on anything/anyone?