PDA

View Full Version : Prestige class help

jguy
2011-05-04, 01:06 PM
Hey, I need a recommendation for a good prestige class for a build I am making. I am making a guy who has a lot of natural attacks and goes for a blender build. Right now he is a Half-Minotaur Changling with 2 levels in totemist for Girallion arms, couple good martial classes for BAB and maneuvers, then into warshaper for the awesome bonuses. He is currently level 9 in build.

I don't know what I want to continue from there. I was thinking Totem Rager but I wondered if there was anything better? Preferably full BAB if possible that had benefits to natural attacks or something.

under_score
2011-05-04, 01:13 PM
If alignment isn't a problem, may I humbly suggest Soul Eater? Every one of those natural attacks will deal a negative level (eventually two) with no save. You'll get more and more benefits from doing this. Full BAB, all good saves.

Edit: I see that half-minotaur is humanoid not, as I was hoping, monstrous humanoid. Technically you do do not qualify. I am le sorry.

faceroll
2011-05-04, 01:24 PM
Primeval (Frostburn) lets you polymorph into a single monster a few times per day, but instead of replacing your str score with theirs, you gain their str score-10. So if you turned into a tiger with 28 str, you would add 18 str to your own while in monster shape.

If alignment isn't a problem, may I humbly suggest Soul Eater? Every one of those natural attacks will deal a negative level (eventually two) with no save. You'll get more and more benefits from doing this. Full BAB, all good saves.

Edit: I see that half-minotaur is humanoid not, as I was hoping, monstrous humanoid. Technically you do do not qualify. I am le sorry.

The Soul Eater's draining attack is Su, and since it doesn't specify what action "touching" a creature is, the default action to use that ability is a standard, per the rules on Su abilities. A lot of people overlook that.

under_score
2011-05-04, 01:33 PM
The Soul Eater's draining attack is Su, and since it doesn't specify what action "touching" a creature is, the default action to use that ability is a standard, per the rules on Su abilities.

Yeah, I suppose this is true. I had looked around a while ago to see if there was any definitive talk on this and I seem to recall only seeing people talking about it as though it worked on full attacks, so I assumed there was some errata or other ruling that clarified this (though I see now there is no errata...lame).

Still a neat class, I say.

Keld Denar
2011-05-04, 01:40 PM
Since you have changeling as a race, you're a perfect fit for Warshaper. Just need that BAB +4 and you can take 4 levels of this delicious PrC for immunity to crits and stunning, +4 Str/Con, increased size of your natural weapons, an extra 5' of reach, and Fast Healing 3. Not too shabby. Complete Warrior.

jguy
2011-05-04, 01:53 PM
Already stated I had Warshaper. I was looking for either good PrC's for afterwards or good base classes.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-05-04, 02:18 PM
Since you're using natural attacks, BAB shouldn't really matter too much. Take War Hulk and get +2 Str per level, at level 4 every attack you make can hit three adjacent squares, and at the 10th level every attack will hit every creature you threaten.

You could grab Suel Arcanamach 4/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Spellsword 1 to get some decent buffs and only lose one point of BAB. Use Draconic Polymorph to turn into yourself (specifically allowed by Alter Self) and you'll keep all your ability scores plus an extra +8 Str.