PDA

View Full Version : Nale's Plan

HerbieRAI
2011-05-04, 03:50 PM
Nale is a guy who will always have a plan, even a bad one is better than punting. What do you guys think Nale's plan is?

At first I was thinking he was going after Elan again, but the more I think about it the more that doesn't make sense. Z was close to Tarquin and Thog could be a good distraction in the arena. Nale could have planned for the order to encounter Tarquin, but that seems a bit complicated even for him. We also know Nale is trying to control the gate, so I think he would be looking to capture the order first, then kill them after he knows the location.

I'm thinking the plan was targeting Tarquin so Nale could take over the empire, but when the Order showed up he had to accelerate his plans, and is now using Z as a distraction to keep the order away from the real fight. Then Sabine will pick up Thog and put him between Tarquin and his guards and let him have a field day. The only other nearby power would be the red dragon.

Does this seem far fetched? Is there some other plan that would make more sense?

EpilepticWombat
2011-05-04, 04:27 PM
Hmm, the more I think about it the more I wish that's what'll happen. It'll certainly be something different (...well, differentish) from Nale.

Red XIV
2011-05-04, 05:50 PM
All we know for sure is that Nale's plan will be overly complicated.

PsychoticPanda
2011-05-04, 05:51 PM
Is it possible it possible Nale could be possessed by the IFCC? Just a thought, and an unlikely one at that.

Vemynal
2011-05-04, 06:53 PM
So what your sayign is that Nale had no intentions regarding the Order but in fact originally was targeting Tarquin?

Then the order showed up and he's having his plans messed with...I like it

Jay R
2011-05-04, 07:03 PM
Does this seem far fetched?

If it doesn't, it can't be Nale's plan.

Is there some other plan that would make more sense?

Only if the other plan still involves rocket-powered roller skates.

SPoD
2011-05-04, 07:15 PM
I say Nale is looking for the same information Elan is: Who is Girard and where is his Gate? Somehow, he knows that his dad knows something. Therefore, he is going to capture Elan, the favored son, and hold him hostage until Tarquin tells him what he needs to know.

It will fail spectacularly, mind you, but that's what I think he's doing.

ThePhantasm
2011-05-07, 07:45 PM
I say Nale is looking for the same information Elan is: Who is Girard and where is his Gate? Somehow, he knows that his dad knows something. Therefore, he is going to capture Elan, the favored son, and hold him hostage until Tarquin tells him what he needs to know.

It will fail spectacularly, mind you, but that's what I think he's doing.

Yeah, I think this is the case as well. And maybe I just think Tarquin is more badass than he really is, but I think he is expecting this and already knows how to turn the tables. He knows a lot more than he is letting on, methinks.

Gift Jeraff
2011-05-07, 08:08 PM
I had the idea that Nale wants to (painfully) kidnap and force a team-up on the OOTS to take down Tarquin, find Girard's Gate, and then stab them in the back.

But I think I'd go with what SPoD said.

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-07, 08:29 PM
I can follow the idea Nale is planning to usurp Tarquin...
But why would the appearance of the Order force him to "accelerate his plans".
Whatever Elan is doing, once he's done, the Order leaves and Nale's plans should remain intact.
:smallconfused:

Swordpriest
2011-05-07, 08:31 PM
My personal opinion is that Nale was after Tarquin and Elan is now just a "target of opportunity".

Morgan Wick
2011-05-07, 08:43 PM
Keep in mind that Thog has been the Champion for months. If Nale is targeting Tarquin and the OOTS wasn't originally part of the plan, there's no reason Nale couldn't have carried it out earlier.

Now, it is possible that Nale has been trying and failing to do something for that time, and now the OOTS have showed up...

JSSheridan
2011-05-07, 11:04 PM
Is it possible it possible Nale could be possessed by the IFCC? Just a thought, and an unlikely one at that.

I think Sabine might be a bad influence on even him.

MoonCat
2011-05-07, 11:36 PM
It looks like the twins are pairing off again, V is facing Z (with a familiar stand-off next to them), Elan is running off with Haley, I bet Sabine will be sticking with Nale and will confront them, Roy's been fighting Thog already, Mr. Scraggly is running straight to Mr Scruffy...

LuPuWei
2011-05-08, 05:16 AM
Keep in mind that Thog has been the Champion for months. If Nale is targeting Tarquin and the OOTS wasn't originally part of the plan, there's no reason Nale couldn't have carried it out earlier.

Now, it is possible that Nale has been trying and failing to do something for that time, and now the OOTS have showed up...

True. Also, it may have taken him more time setting up Z as a plant (:durkon: Jes what we need, spell-castin' trees...) than getting Thog to pee on the pavement. We know how meticulous his set ups are, vis-a-vis, committing mass murder to produce three arrows on a map.

I would also like to add I love both the OP's and SPoD's ideas and would love to see Thog or Nale force Tarquin into showing us how good a fighter he really is...

Ancalagon
2011-05-08, 05:27 AM
Yeah, I think this is the case as well. And maybe I just think Tarquin is more badass than he really is, but I think he is expecting this and already knows how to turn the tables. He knows a lot more than he is letting on, methinks.

As I think of it, this seems to be the reason Tarquin made that tournament and also the 200 feet large letters. Yes, he also did it for Elan and what he did say was genuine but it ALSO was to show Nale Elan was here.
I do not know what Nale does here but I very much think I know what Tarquin does: He uses Elan to lure Nale out of hiding and forcing him into action.

Kareasint
2011-05-08, 05:44 AM
As I think of it, this seems to be the reason Tarquin made that tournament and also the 200 feet large letters. Yes, he also did it for Elan and what he did say was genuine but it ALSO was to show Nale Elan was here.
I do not know what Nale does here but I very much think I know what Tarquin does: He uses Elan to lure Nale out of hiding and forcing him into action.

Bingo. Tarquin is likely aware that Nale is in the area to look for the same thing that the OOTS is. The LG is likely being directed by the IFCC at this point via Sabine. The fact that Qarr may be the familiar of Z now seems to reinforce the IFCC making a move on the gate.

We are missing a piece yet though. Durkon's opposition on the LG has not appeared yet. I wonder if we will see Hilgya return as a jilted lover.

Icedaemon
2011-05-08, 06:39 AM
If the IFCC is pulling the strings here, the Linear Guild might even pose a challenge to defeat, until Nale blunders their perfect plan via grandstanding or some other ego-driven folly.

random11
2011-05-08, 07:09 AM
If the IFCC is pulling the strings here, the Linear Guild might even pose a challenge to defeat, until Nale blunders their perfect plan via grandstanding or some other ego-driven folly.

If the IFCC is indeed the ones in charge (which is very likely), there is also the matter of the ~20 minutes that V owes them.

At the right timing, that can cause a lot more harm than the appearance of the Linear Guild.

Morgan Wick
2011-05-08, 11:15 PM
If the IFCC is indeed the ones in charge (which is very likely), there is also the matter of the ~20 minutes that V owes them.

At the right timing, that can cause a lot more harm than the appearance of the Linear Guild.

45 minutes. And the IFCC is probably saving that for a gate.

RunicLGB
2011-05-09, 02:17 AM
45 minutes. And the IFCC is probably saving that for a gate.

If you mean the ritual, that has been shot down on account of the ritual taking weeks. Still, those 45 minutes could very easily sway the tide.

Something that got mentioned elsewhere was the possibillity that Z was using shadow evocation on V, since it didn't look like regular lightning, but that got shot down as a bad move. UNLESS Z wasn't trying to kill V.

He has Quarr for a familiar. While I wouldn't say the LG knows the specifics of V being possessable, its possible the plan does include some vague orders from quarr to leave V alive, and seperate him from the group.

Every thing the Order has done till now has been a reaction to what the LG has done, and predictable reactions at that. Nale's overcomplicated plans have many times in the past functioned heavily on his ability to predict how and when people would react to his moves.

Haley is out of commision, Elan, V, and Roy are all known to be isolated from other order members. Durkon is an unknown to us but is likely figured into the overall scheme somehow. Belkar is a wild card right now, his anti kill stealing makes me think he won't leave the jail to help Roy, but then we don't know if he saw the other order members leaving with his cat.

I would definitely give Nale the upper hand in this situation.

Morgan Wick
2011-05-09, 08:54 PM
If you mean the ritual, that has been shot down on account of the ritual taking weeks. Still, those 45 minutes could very easily sway the tide.

A battle for a gate is a more appropriate location than a random battle with the LG in the middle of the Empire of Blood. This battle may be part of setting the stage for whenever the IFCC does take control of V, but to do so now would be ill-timed.

Kish
2011-05-09, 09:11 PM
Indeed, the IFCC are not going to be spending something as valuable as the time they can control Vaarsuvius on something as minor as a victory for their pitiful pawns.

Kancsar
2011-05-09, 09:21 PM
Sending in the anti-durkon while he's with the albino lizard man could be the start of nale's plan unraveling. we might also get to see what the 'special diet' is.