PDA

View Full Version : Points if Light [IC]

Pages : 1 [2]

ForzaFiori
2011-07-10, 02:37 PM
"I'd still prefer to find the warehouse over using this grate. I don't relish the idea of leaving Uaki in this city. He could get in through the main entrance though." Ruga explains again. "However, if the rest of you want to go in here, We can pull up the grate, and then I'll head to the other entrance and try to find you."

PollyOliver
2011-07-10, 02:40 PM
"I don't know if splitting up is the best idea," Marus ventures, tightening his hands about his crossbow to reassure himself. "It seems like nothing here is working like we expect it to--does anyone really want to run into another case with less than half the group? If the warehouse doesn't work, we can always come back here."

slaydemons
2011-07-10, 09:27 PM
rory nodded in agreement "fine, that sounds like a sound plan lead the way then?" he stood up and got closer to the rest of the group

PollyOliver
2011-07-10, 09:37 PM
"Um," Marus says. Leading the way doesn't seem like a very good idea to him. He's a scribe and a baker--what is he supposed to do if something bad happens?

But he licks his lips nervously, grips his crossbow even more tightly, and starts slowly back toward the warehouse. He mutters a quick prayer under his breath--to every god he's ever heard of--that someone better suited will come up and take the lead from him.

chrisrawr
2011-07-10, 10:46 PM
Alnath sighs in relief as Marus leads the group away from the grate.

Egneil
2011-07-11, 01:30 AM
You arrive at the warehouse in short order, it's battlements still intact but a bit looser. You see no threats as you reach the door. The building itself seems to have survived decay and neglect very well. Having been more than likely reinforced like the streets above the sewers. Despite the slight rusting you manage to open the door without incident.

Inside the warehouse are piles of broken ballista parts and other siege weapons. Their wooden frames were mostly gone while their metal bows were rusted through. All of them appear to have been disabled when the city was abandoned, either because they couldn't bring them or because they needed too many repairs. Embedded in the floor were paths that led to various parts of the building, most of it seems to lead where they were stored until they were needed. Along the left side of the building was a sectioned of room, it's door looked to be nothing more than an incomplete wall.

---
DC 18 spot check to notice that the dust was disturbed previously.

Randel
2011-07-11, 03:41 AM
To be honest, Lien doesn't like the idea of going into the sewer and would rather just head back to town. The incident with the grate and collapsing building only served to confirm her fears that this place is dangerous.

Risking her life to save a town from raiders would be pretty noble, risking her life to get a pound of moss that will be used to clean blades is significantly less so. With the various threats they've faced she fears its only a matter of time before somebody gets killed and she doesn't want to track down a team mates next of kin.

But... she's getting the feeling that the others might be getting tired of her complaining and she doesn't want to head back alone or disrupt the group.

She looks and listens around for signs of anything dangerous. Maybe convince the others that they should head back or at least prevent another disaster from striking.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

ForzaFiori
2011-07-11, 12:10 PM
Spot check: [roll0]

Ruga looks around the warehouse. It didn't look like much, but ruins rarely do. He glanced around the room, and almost got excited at the siege weaponry, before he noticed it's disrepair.

PollyOliver
2011-07-11, 12:14 PM
Finally, Marus' good sense overcomes his desire for the rest of the group not to think he's a coward. He drops back behind the others, raising his crossbow in alarm.

"Someone's been here," he says, pointing at the disturbed dust.

sean_hyer
2011-07-11, 06:42 PM
Isidor yanks out his knives as soon as he sees the raised crossbow. Rather than looking at the floor, he scans upwards, looking for threats.

Spot: [roll0]

"Are they still here? Can you tell?"

chrisrawr
2011-07-11, 07:41 PM
Would I be able to use my racial empathy to connect with someone I can't see/don't know who's there? Sort of probe around, wasted if no one's there?

"Everyone try to stay calm and alert - I'm going to see if I can find anything out with my m...agic." Alnath almost said "mind", which wouldn't have really meant much, but it would have ruined his charade. And who knew what was listening in - the grate had been a very jarring reminder of just how powerless he was at the moment. If the Inspired had found this place because of him...

The faint echoes of other minds began to caress his conscious.

Egneil
2011-07-12, 01:01 PM
Alnath focuses his power around his merged soul. Normally he would use it to cast a bond to give to another, all he needed to know was where the other was. As the power came together he forced it to become smaller and smaller, knowing full well that it would explode. When it finally did erupt he released his hold on it. Alnath felt his mind burn as his power swept through what resistance was met by it. Though the haze of the feedback he could see eight, no seven minds, touching his power. He could feel six of them around him, all within the same elevation of each other. The last one felt lower, more to the south maybe? That extra mind, no that shadow of a mind, was strange, dangerous, powerful, broken. Focusing on it in any way seemed to skew your mind, and somehow made the feedback easier to handle.

The others felt a sudden pressure build on their minds. Despite it's constant pushing you managed to keep it out of your consciousness, however you aren't sure if you can keep it there should it press any harder.

---
Alnath will become fatigued if he uses any more power points within two hours.

chrisrawr
2011-07-12, 02:59 PM
Sitting to catch his breath, Alnath chuckles, "Well, I've never tried that before." After another moment, he adds, "There's something to the south - what it is? I don't know. It doesn't seem to be... people? I guess? It was odd, to say the least."

Randel
2011-07-15, 01:44 AM
Lien paused as Alnath worked his magic and felt a momentary sensation in her mind when the spell was cast. She rubbed her head as the mage spoke of his findings.

"Does anybody know why somebody would be out here like this? I doubt they are after that moss."

She looked at the ruins, to have a whole city like this just laying around unused seemed rather odd. I mean, it would stand to reason that some lone hermit or wilderness survivor might set up camp in a place like this, but a benign person would probably put up signs or markers to lay their claim or otherwise ensure their traps only hurt mindless undead or monsters.

If there was somebody behind the collapsing building and trapped grate then they weren't just random wild men who felt like using old buildings for their home.

ForzaFiori
2011-07-15, 12:04 PM
"They might just be scavengers. You find them in ruins, especially somewhat new ones. I say we keep an eye out, but don't bother them if there is no reason too. I say we just keep looking for the sewers." Ruga replies. "We just might wanna keep an eye on our sixes."

slaydemons
2011-07-15, 12:35 PM
Ruga was quite confused about what the horsemen said "and watch our sixes you mean?" he didn't know any kind of jargen so he was quite out of the loop

ForzaFiori
2011-07-15, 12:55 PM
It's a military term, I apologize. It means to watch your backs. It comes from those new "waterclocks". Have you seen them? It's got a circle, with the numbers 1-12 around the edges, and little "arms" move around and you can tell what time it is. Not that useful, except in the big cities, but a soldier realized it could be used to give direction. "12" is directly ahead of you, "3" to your right, "6" behind, and "9" to your left. So "watch your six" means keep an eye out behind you. Ruga explains.

slaydemons
2011-07-15, 01:36 PM
"I see, well that's good to know." he looked at the horseman again and sighed lightly "so basically you mean be careful and be on our toes?"

ForzaFiori
2011-07-15, 02:09 PM
"Exactly. Probably more so than usual, unless your just naturally paranoid. There is at least other person here somewhere, and who knows what they want" Ruga continues as he looks around the room, trying to find the sewer entrance.

Not sure which would be used, so here's two different knowledge rolls, as well as spot and search.
Knowledge Architecture: [roll0]
Knowledge Dungeoneering: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]

Egneil
2011-07-15, 04:38 PM
Remembering his military training, Ruga looks down at the lines in the floor and follows them towards the back of the building. They all seem to merge and bend around a corner before disappearing down a gentle slope. Holding his warhammer he recalled that trying to harm slime-like creature's with bladed weapons is extremely difficult. Going into the repair shop on the side of the building Ruga looks through the shelves for weapons. Nearly all of them were broken but he was able to find 2 clubs, 2 light hammers, one morningstar, and around 100 sling bullets made out of pebbles and ball-bearings. Also, even though the crossbows were broken, he was able to salvage 3 of their launchers and strings.

---
You may preform a DC 17 weaponcraft check and 30 minutes to modify a crossbow to fire sling bullets instead of bolts. All other stats are the same except they deal bludgeoning damage instead of piercing. The same check is required to switch them back to firing bolts.

ForzaFiori
2011-07-15, 08:06 PM
Ruga moves back to the other room, motioning the others to come to the storeroom. With everyone there, he shows them his findings. "If you don't have a blunt object, I'd take one of these weapons. Blades and points are next to useless against slimes. If anyone knows anything about making crossbows, you might wanna see if you could hood those slings up to them as well, see if they'd fire the bullets instead of bolts."

chrisrawr
2011-07-15, 08:41 PM
Alnath gestures with his burned hands, "I'll probably be just as badly off without it, but the gesture is appreciated."

Wyntonian
2011-07-15, 08:45 PM
Lared pulls his morningstar from the loop in the back of his belt. "I'm fine up close with this, but I'd like something for distance. Lien, you know your way around some weapons. Care to give it a try? You'd do better than I would."

slaydemons
2011-07-15, 08:45 PM
Rory looked at his spear "well what if I used the wooden part like a quarterstaff it would be plenty blunt then right?"

Randel
2011-07-15, 09:30 PM
Lien looks at the crossbow parts and pulls out her artisans kit before getting to work.

Craft(Weaponsmithing): [roll0]

Unfortunately, it has been quite a while since she's tried her hand at making a crossbow, the scraps of abandoned weapon materials on hand aren't the quality she normally uses, she's never tried modifying a crossbow to fire bullets, and... and she's sure there's some other excuse she could make.

"Hmm... maybe I could just modify the bolts or something?" She tries fixing the damage to the crossbow and then modifying some crossbow bolts to have flatter heads on them. If necessary she will use mending magic to fix the damage.

Egneil
2011-07-15, 10:07 PM
After selecting the tools that she felt were appropriate, Lien started working on her crossbow. Knowing that the two launchers were different she knew it wasn't as easy as swapping the string. She easily pried the bolt launcher out of her weapon, and replaced the string. However when she tried installing the bullet launcher, she noticed that it was putting too much stress on the wooden stock and was able to stop before damaging her weapon.

---
Failing by 10 or more will damage the weapon but not destroy it. Lien may retry after studying the launchers for a bit. (30 minutes)

Randel
2011-07-16, 05:04 AM
Lien studies the launcher mechanism again and tries devising a way to install it without putting excess tension on the crossbows frame.

Craft:(Weaponsmith) [roll0]

Egneil
2011-07-16, 11:15 AM
Lien's new plan worked smoothly, except that during test firing the upper portion of the launcher popped out. However she knew exactly what was wrong and was able to fix it.

----
Total time passed: 1 hour 15 minutes (30 minutes for studying, 30 minutes for modification, and 15 minutes for fixing the problem during the test fire)

chrisrawr
2011-07-16, 02:07 PM
"Whoever was south, probably isn't anymore."

Wyntonian
2011-07-16, 02:16 PM
Lared looks over Lien's shoulder as she works. "It looks workable, but can you replicate it?" He asks. "I'd like us to have more than one working ranged weapon. Call it a woodsman's quirk." With a sudden flash of inspiration, he went on, "Would it be possible for you to round the heads of my arrows? They're sharp now, but they could be made dull to fight whatever's down there."

sean_hyer
2011-07-16, 09:56 PM
"I reckon I'll just carry a club. That... device... seems quite unwieldy. I might also grab some stones to throw. A sling is relatively easy to craft from a bit of cloth."

Randel
2011-07-17, 02:53 AM
Lien takes a look at the arrows and tries to modify them to deal bludgeoning damage without negatively impacting their accuracy or impact. Actually, if this works then Lien could try making specialty bolts and arrows to sell to adventurers. Being able to switch between arrows would seem a much better option than modifying a crossbow.

Hmm... maybe she could get some alchemical silver or other exotic materials to deal with magical beasts.

Lien works on the arrows while showing Lared what she's doing. Hopefully the fellow archer could assist her in the operation and get the arrows worked on faster and more efficiently.

Craft(weaponsmith): [roll0]

Egneil
2011-07-18, 12:01 PM
Working quietly Lien was able to rework 20 arrows in a little under 30 minutes. The problem was in trying to change the arrow without changing it's flight. In order to keep the arrow effective the bludgeoning head had to have weight. Lien was able to smooth out it's flight by weighing down the rest of the arrow. However with her level of skill she doubted that she could make it any better.

---
The modified "Hammer" arrows fly 30 feet shorter and a stack of 20 weigh an extra two pounds. They deal bludgeoning damage instead of piercing.

sean_hyer
2011-07-19, 11:01 AM
"No sense waiting any longer. In we go, then!"

Isidor ambles down the slope around the corner, weapons already drawn.

slaydemons
2011-07-19, 02:44 PM
Rory follows after the man liking his vigor "now your speaking my language." not bothering with changing his spear to a blunted head

Wyntonian
2011-07-19, 09:49 PM
Lared scoops the altered arrows into his quiver, arranging them closer to his arrow-grabbing hand than the rest. With a word of thanks to Lien, he rearranges his quiver and follows his companions into the sewer.

chrisrawr
2011-07-19, 11:46 PM
Alnath gazes south for a bit, before taking up the rear. If something was still there, he'd make sure they knew about it when he did.

PollyOliver
2011-07-19, 11:50 PM
Marus shuffles along in the middle of the group, crossbow at the ready.

Randel
2011-07-19, 11:59 PM
"Okay, everything should be set." Lien nods as she readies her modified crossbow and moves out with the rest, being sure to keep it loaded with bullets but aimed carefully away from her team mates.

Yeah, when she gets back she's going to seriously consider making modified ammunition for adventurers.

Egneil
2011-07-20, 01:15 PM
Rounding the curve you start to descend the gentle slope. It was 15ft wide and around 70ft long, but you doubted that you went more than 20ft below the surface. The ceiling levels out at around 15ft high. Along the bottom of the sewers is a thin layer of slime and assorted liquids no more than an inch deep at it's worst. The amount of light is next to non-existent, only a small amount comes in from the grates and gutters. Lighting the lantern you see that the sewers go for quite a ways, most likely extending under the entire city.

---
Current Map:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z360/Egneil/Sewers.jpg
The yellow area is the slope that you came from. Each tile is 5ft, feel free to position your character's how you like.

ForzaFiori
2011-07-20, 02:30 PM
Ruga gently guides Uaki down the slope, careful not to let him trip. He keeps to the front of the group, so he can ride forward if needed.

sean_hyer
2011-07-22, 02:05 PM
Isidor edges forwards, keeping to the right-hand wall to try to see into the side passage.

slaydemons
2011-07-22, 02:49 PM
Rory follows after the horsemen and the one with the large club.

PollyOliver
2011-07-22, 03:58 PM
Marus stays toward the center of the group and the middle of the passage, crossbow up and ready.

Randel
2011-07-23, 04:32 AM
Lien moves with the others, one hand carrying the rusty bullseye lantern that their employer Nevek sent with them. Her other hand holds her loaded crossbow as she listens for anything.

Listen: [roll0]

chrisrawr
2011-07-23, 12:10 PM
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/chrisrrawr/9000hours.png?t=1311441060Is this correct?

Egneil
2011-07-23, 07:53 PM
Reaching the intersection Isidor looks down it as Lien lights it up. There were no noises up to this point, at least none that weren't your boots slapping the muck beneath you or the muffled strikes of Uaki's hooves when they hit the stone bottom. The passageway you're staring at now continues beyond the end of the light. About 40ft in are two side passages that are no more than 3 or 4 heads wide. After that is nothing of note, except for Isidor, who can see that it splits again around 85ft in, and that there are more of those side passages nearly 110ft in.

sean_hyer
2011-07-25, 01:02 PM
"Looks like a lot of branches up ahead."

For the benefit of those without low-light vision, Isidor describes the layout.

"Do we know if the moss is more likely to grow deep in, or close to the outside?"

ForzaFiori
2011-07-30, 02:23 PM
"Well, we might as well start somewhere." Ruga guides Uaki down the path to the side passages. Coming up to one of them, he motions the others to bring the torch closer so that he can see what is down the path.

slaydemons
2011-07-30, 02:33 PM
rory feeling more safe with others decides to move with who ever has the torch

Egneil
2011-07-30, 04:29 PM
Looking down the first pathway, Ruga finds that he doesn't need light to see it. There is a slight slope around 3 feet high at the back end, going down to meet with the floor of the sewers. Light streams in from the grate at it's end. The walls themselves looked to have stood the test of time. As the light comes closer Ruga notices the shadows play strangely across the surface 10 feet away.

sean_hyer
2011-07-30, 04:30 PM
Isidor stays in the front of the group to look ahead. Seeing no obvious danger, he sheaths his knives.
"I don't suppose anyone has another torch? I usually stay outside, so I don't have any."

ForzaFiori
2011-07-30, 05:18 PM
Ruga digs through his saddlebags and hands down a torch. "I need both hands free so I can control Uaki and fight, but if someone else wishes to carry one, they can have this one."

PollyOliver
2011-07-30, 06:26 PM
"I can make a light," says Marus. "But I'm only prepared to do it once today. I'd rather save it, unless we really need to."

Randel
2011-07-31, 03:40 AM
Lien remains suspicious of the tunnels, keeping her crossbow and lantern at the ready.

Wyntonian
2011-07-31, 03:47 PM
"I'll hold it" Lared says, pulling his flint and steel out of a pouch. "Hold it still, I'll light it.". Once the flame catches, he holds it up and looks around.

Egneil
2011-08-01, 10:32 AM
The light extends down the passageway, again falling short of the end. The realization starts to sink in as you find that the sewers extend under the entire city. That you could spend days here and never fully explore it. There are no side passageways that you could see, it just extends down the 120 feet that the light shines. Remembering the suns position when you entered the warehouse, you guess that this passageway heads more to the south.

---
Roll spot.

PollyOliver
2011-08-01, 10:42 AM
Marus trails along in the middle of the group, squinting ahead into the passageway.

[roll0]

Edit: well that was fun

ForzaFiori
2011-08-01, 12:15 PM
Ruga examines the passageway, as the realization of how damned difficult this search could become washes over him. "Look, if we're to have any luck getting this plant and making it back, we're gonna need to know more than 'it likes sewers'".

spot: [roll0]

Egneil
2011-08-01, 01:32 PM
Looking down the passageway you spot some roots sticking out of a wall nearly 35 feet in. They were small and difficult to see, but they signified that the wall was compromised. You doubt that it's enough to cause a cave-in, but with any luck you'll find a cavern behind it.

ForzaFiori
2011-08-04, 02:18 AM
Ruga

Ruga gets off Uaki and hands the reins to someone close by. "hold these for a moment." he says, as he moves next to the broken wall. Standing beside it, so as to (hopefully) not be shown to anyone who waits inside, He motions the others back, and swings his hammer at the wall.

attack and strength check. not sure which is needed.

Strength: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Egneil
2011-08-04, 01:49 PM
The wall cracks slightly as Ruga's hammer strikes it, having made some progress he pulls his hammer back again. His hammer breaks through on his fourth try. You can't use it to get in, but it can be used to see inside. Remembering his military training Ruga motions for Lared to bring the torch. Looking inside when it was lit with his hammer at the ready, Ruga sees nothing. The room is very small, only two people can stand inside with moderate comfort, any more would be pushing the issue. The rough walls signify that it was made over years, mostly by plant roots finding the nutrient rich sewage water. The bottom corner piqued his interest and prompted Ruga to continue to remove the wall.

A minute later the wall was nothing but rubble and everyone could see what was so interesting. Along the bottom was a small patch of moss moving in the light. Knowing better than to bring the torch closer Lared calls over Lien to shine the light on the moss. As the moss is brought into the strong light it starts moving it's leaves, that start to shimmer. Within moments the distinctive shell has formed, identifying it as blade moss.

----
Sorry for the auto movements, but I figured that I should probably speed this up.

PollyOliver
2011-08-04, 06:46 PM
Marus edges forward, peering at the moss.

"It looks like that's it. Who has the bag we were going to use? And does anyone have gloves?"

How much of it is there?

slaydemons
2011-08-04, 06:57 PM
"well, I have a bag its not a spare so I would need help carrying my food and water, stuff like that." he then began to put his book into his bedroll hoping no one saw him do it as he began to remove the rest from his bag before handing it over to marus

Egneil
2011-08-05, 12:12 PM
Bending down Lared once again used what his master taught him, explaining it to his comrades as he harvested the moss. Making sure that Lien holds the light steady, Lared explained that you don't need gloves if you grab it by the abrasive sides. Gripping the moss around a ridge he maneuvered his other hand to cut the moss off of the wall. As it comes off he moves his hands to grab it by the now cut roots, after which he places it in the sack Marus offered.

Weighing it in his hand Lared figures it to be around one sixth to one fifth of a pound in weight.

sean_hyer
2011-08-05, 08:35 PM
"Well noticed!"
Isidor stares despairingly at the paltry lump of moss.
"This could take longer than we expected..."
Torch held high, he continues down the passage, scanning the walls for other likely-looking gaps.

Search: [roll0]

ForzaFiori
2011-08-05, 11:49 PM
Ruga

Ruga takes back Uaki's reins and gets on. "Ah, if only you were a bloodhound. This would be a much easier job" he muses quietly, giving him a pat.

Wyntonian
2011-08-06, 11:36 PM
Lared looks up at Ruga's muttering. "I've actually met a couple bloodhounds. People, that is, not animals. Not patricularly nice people, in general. Very focused.... Shall we keep looking?" Lared looks down the hallway they had been in, particularly noticing any movement or irregularities in the wall.

Spot Check: [1d20+8[/roll]

Egneil
2011-08-07, 01:24 PM
Continuing further down the passageway you see nothing except for the side passages. This lasts for around 50 feet before heading more towards the southeast. As it started to turn another passageway split off continuing south but a more westerly then before. Taking a few steps into it your lantern reveals that the path rights itself and continues south, while two more branches appear to head north and west.

The architecture itself almost seems to be aware of it's oddities as design is very eye catching. Seeing the looks on his companions faces Ruga explains that the place they are in is called a hub. It's sole purpose of being is to be unmistakable. They were used by the various squads that scoured the sewer as a place where they would report to their superiors. He went on to continue that they have since been replaced by more effective designs in the newer cities.

Lared once again shows his knowledge about the particular subject of blade moss. This time by seeing a small patch of it in the deeper sludge that the others would normally miss. Only one tenth of a pound and low quality, it was still some more progress towards your goal.

---
The map is being a pain so it'll be a while before I can get it up.

sean_hyer
2011-08-08, 09:45 PM
"If we remember this place, we'll certainly be able to find our way back to the surface. I vote we split up to try to find more moss. We can meet back here in one hour. Nothing could possibly go wrong."

Randel
2011-08-08, 10:50 PM
"Excuse me if I don't share your confidence." Lien says. "Old sewers in crumbling abandoned cities aren't exactly known for their safety." She sticks with Lared, trying to help spot more of the moss without taking any unnecessary risks in this creepy place.

Spot:[roll0]

Egneil
2011-08-11, 06:31 PM
Looking through the murk of the hub you find no more blade moss as you travel it's length. Approaching the southeastern passage Lared tells the group to stop and not to come any closer. Taking his torch he shines it's light around the spot he was looking at, before standing to address the group, "I've found some tracks heading into the southeast passage. I can't tell you anything more then that because they're around a month old."

sean_hyer
2011-08-15, 12:21 AM
"I don't think whatever caused them will be much of a threat to us. A month is quite a while to lie in wait."

Isidor pauses, thinking.

"On second thoughts, we could follow the tracks. Maybe they were going somewhere."

slaydemons
2011-08-19, 08:18 PM
"I agree with him lets go to the tracks, is it is possible they might lead us to more either it leads us to more moss or a safe spot it hide to stay alive."

ForzaFiori
2011-08-19, 08:52 PM
"Well then, what are we waiting for?" Ruga asks, before guiding Uaki down the passage the tracks are in.

Egneil
2011-08-19, 09:37 PM
Moving down the passageway, you find that it's like all the others before it with the exception that it continues to curve to the east. Looking in all the likely spots for blade moss you can only manage to find one patch, however it won't be ready to harvest for at least a year.

The tunnel itself never goes fully east, and only lasts for around 80~90 feet before a sharp split occurs. The tunnel continues in a gentle curve heading back to the south. The split itself is reminiscent of the side passages in that it is perpendicular to the rest of the tunnel.

------
Roll Spot.

ForzaFiori
2011-08-19, 11:49 PM
spot check: [roll0]

Ruga call to Lared "The tunnel splits up ahead. Come see if you can find any tracks."

Egneil
2011-08-20, 07:00 PM
Seeing a shine from the edge of his vision, Ruga instinctively raised his arm and told everyone to stop. Pending down he searched the ground and finds what he was looking for, hidden in the sewage was a trip-line. Inspecting it shows that it seems to have been made in a hurried fashion.

Ruga knows that traps aren't built into the sewers, so it must have been installed by others who used the sewers as a shelter. If people have been living here, then that would explain why there weren't any slimes in a sewer that was abandoned over twenty years ago.

ForzaFiori
2011-08-20, 07:38 PM
Ruga motions the others forward, stopping them before the trip line. "Who here thinks they can keep this from going off in our face?" he whispers, in case whoever set the trap is nearby.

Wyntonian
2011-08-21, 10:48 PM
Lared looked consideringly at the device. "If we were on a trail I could get us around this, but I've no experience with traps built into walls and such. It looks fairly sloppy, though, so it shouldn't be much trouble to just step over."

Egneil
2011-08-24, 06:31 PM
Stepping over the trip-line you continue to the upcoming split and look around. In the murk on the sewer floor Lared finds some relatively new tracks, the oldest of them couldn't be more then a week old with the newest being barely an hour old. The tracks were simply splashes in the murk or scrapes on the stone floor beneath it, which would give no help for anyone without the proper training.

----
The DC to follow the newest tracks is 17, and trying to follow the oldest is a DC of 22. However due to the compact nature of the sewers you only need to make the roll whenever you come across multiple tunnels. The first check takes a full-round action, and each retry adds a extra full-round action to the check. Failing by 5 points or more gives you a cumulative -2 penalty to following any tracks near you, because you start removing tracks.

PollyOliver
2011-08-25, 06:05 PM
Marus squints down at the tracks, but doesn't try to follow them.

"Any idea which way?" he asks the others.

slaydemons
2011-09-02, 01:19 PM
Rory looks at marus and gave a bit of a shrug then thought out loud "we could go down that way one at a time the tougher more durable people in front."

ForzaFiori
2011-09-02, 05:19 PM
Ruga takes the lead once a tunnel is chosen, keeping his hammer out and at the ready.

PollyOliver
2011-09-09, 10:08 PM
Marus follows, taking care to stay well behind Ruga with his crossbow drawn and ready.

slaydemons
2011-09-09, 11:07 PM
rory follows behind marus his eyes looking around to get a better angle on things

Egneil
2011-09-10, 04:51 PM
Lared takes lead and follows the tracks with ease. At the first split, Lared seems to lose the older tracks as to follow them, however he was able to find them again at the next split. Moving down the tunnels you can find nothing but the tracks you're following. The walls and floor on the other hand seem to degrade more and more with each split you come across. Having traveled for at least 300 feet now Isidor calls for the party to stop, up ahead where the others can't see is a large cavern. Moving closer you find that the area was a hub before it collapsed into a natural cave system.

The rubble of the sewers seem to have piled up here to create a gentle slope into the caverns below. Trying your best to shine your light along it's entirety, you can only find two tunnels in the cavern, one of which only Isidor could see. The cavern floor seems to be around 70 feet below you, and shimmers slightly in the light.

----
Roll Spot

Egneil
2011-09-16, 03:38 PM
On the rubble ramp is a transparent ooze. It's membrane and internal liquids only create a tiny disturbance in the light, and it appears to have noticed you.

----
Initiative:
Marus [roll0]
Rory [roll1]
Lien [roll2]
Alnath [roll3]
Isidor [roll4]
Lared [roll5]
Ruga [roll6]
Uaki [roll7]
Ooze [roll8]

The ooze is invisible to anyone who hasn't spotted it. (DC 15) You may make one spot check a turn until you have spotted it. Interacting with it (either by being attacking by it or by successfully attacking it) will cause you to spot it immediately.