PDA

View Full Version : Fun Epic Psion Idea!

mootoall
2011-05-04, 06:42 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, psions are the kings of the action economy. Factotums may come close, but no one can do as much as a psion given enough resources. And I believe I just thought of that way. All it requires is a 2st level psion, or some other way to get an Epic feat.

The feat in question is Psicrystal Power, with some psychic reformation cheese. So you've just reached your 21st level in Psion. Congratulations. You're now elligible for the Psicrystal Power feat, and your Psicrystal gains Psicrystal power on its own. If you've done it right, your Psicrystal now knows two powers and, because it has no given manifester level, yet can manifest a power, has a manifester level equaling its HD. What's that? Its Hit Dice also became 21st at this level? Well, that means it's also elligible for Psicrystal Power! But it has no psicrystal! Well, Psychic Reformation fixes that up, I suppose, meaning you've got a 21 HD psicrystal as well! Hey, I see a loop going here ...

Repeat until you know every power, and can manifest them all on the same initiative count!

Urpriest
2011-05-04, 06:47 PM
Yeah, this is an old one (but a good one). I only regret that it doesn't branch, so killing one psicrystal is enough to send the others into the nega-realm reserved for psicrystals without masters. By the way, this kind of network of psicrystals gets exploited by the rulers of the Psionic Tippyverse that I'll be running a PbP in this summer.

mootoall
2011-05-04, 06:52 PM
Yeah, this is an old one (but a good one). I only regret that it doesn't branch, so killing one psicrystal is enough to send the others into the nega-realm reserved for psicrystals without masters. By the way, this kind of network of psicrystals gets exploited by the rulers of the Psionic Tippyverse that I'll be running a PbP in this summer.

Awww, and I thought I was being original ...