PDA

View Full Version : Bloodclaw Master and Multiattack

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-04, 08:16 PM
The Bloodclaw Master from ToB requires either Two-Weapon Fighting or Multiattack as an entry prerequisite. However, relevant class abilities always specify that you gain their benefits 'when attacking/fighting with two weapons'.

This would seem to really screw over the character that entered with Multiattack, which seems odd to me. I mean, why not simply have the prereq be TWF?

Am I missing something here? For instance, would a Thri-kreen Warblade/BcM with Multiattack and focused on using all four of his claws gain anything from levels in this class?

tyckspoon
2011-05-04, 08:21 PM
If you account for sloppy wording, the ability to get full Strength on your secondary claws would still be useful. Strictly reading RAW, tho, about the only ability that works is the boost-rend, and it's a pretty horrible ability- most of the time you'd be much better off actually using a boost.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-05, 04:32 AM
Bah, I was really hoping that I had missed something here. Sadly, it looks like this may be just another wonky, poorly written PRC :smallfrown:

All the same, thanks much for the reply, tyckspoon!

Master_Rahl22
2011-05-05, 09:24 AM
Considering that it does have Multiattack as a prereq, you should ask your DM if those benefits that say "TWF" can apply to attacking with multiple natural weapons also. Seems like a perfectly reasonable correction, especially considering that ToB never got errata.

McSmack
2011-05-05, 09:30 AM
I think a very strong case could be made for allowing their TWF abilities to apply to natural attacks given the prereqs and the natural claw attack they give you. It would be silly to give claws as a class feature and then have none of your class features apply to the claws, and besides the PrC isn't all that powerful so it would hardly be out of line to allow that clarification.

Tokuhara
2011-05-05, 10:43 AM
I once played a Shifter Warblade/Bloodclaw Master/Weretouched Master who used ONLY his natural weapons (claws & bite) and it worked okay 1 on 1. Against a crowd was a different story...