PDA

View Full Version : Tarquin's True Colors

Protecar
2011-05-04, 08:49 PM
I'd been thinking about this and hadn't seen anyone else suggest it yet so I figured I'd throw this out there:

Tarquin can't be that far from where Elan and them are currently squaring off. What are the chances that things get a little heated for our heroes and Tarquin actually steps in to show his awesomeness and go toe-to-toe against the LG himself?

Personally, I think it'd be quite awesome. :smallbiggrin:

SPoD
2011-05-04, 08:54 PM
Possible, but remember that Tarquin is watching a fight for which he has been waiting a long time. I think he would need definite proof that something was going on before giving up the pleasure of watching Thog get killed. A few strange noises won't make him investigate; it needs to be something like Elan getting thrown through the doorway, bloody and beaten.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-05-04, 09:17 PM
Possible, but remember that Tarquin is watching a fight for which he has been waiting a long time. I think he would need definite proof that something was going on before giving up the pleasure of watching Thog get killed. A few strange noises won't make him investigate; it needs to be something like Elan getting thrown through the doorway, bloody and beaten.

Unless of course Tarquin is behind this some how. I doubt he's in league with Nale but I find the theory he is using Elan to get Nale out of hiding as very plausible. If I were Tarquin, I would of definatly noticed if my Elven ambassador followed my newly reunited son, his girlfriend, elven friend and her (to his knowledge) cat into the hall during a long awaited Champion bout. And considering how genre savvy Tarquin is, even if he knows nothing about Nale being alive and probably near by (something I highly doubt) he would still notice is something amiss with how awkwardly Elan and co. left followed closely behind by the Elven ambassador.

I expect that in the next dozen strips or so, we will get a lot of interconnections, genre savvy explanations, double-crosses, and a large number of other plot twists and other things like that.

SPoD
2011-05-04, 09:23 PM
Unless of course Tarquin is behind this some how. I doubt he's in league with Nale but I find the theory he is using Elan to get Nale out of hiding as very plausible. If I were Tarquin, I would of definatly noticed if my Elven ambassador followed my newly reunited son, his girlfriend, elven friend and her (to his knowledge) cat into the hall during a long awaited Champion bout. And considering how genre savvy Tarquin is, even if he knows nothing about Nale being alive and probably near by (something I highly doubt) he would still notice is something amiss with how awkwardly Elan and co. left followed closely behind by the Elven ambassador.

I expect that in the next dozen strips or so, we will get a lot of interconnections, genre savvy explanations, double-crosses, and a large number of other plot twists and other things like that.

Also possible. It will definitely depend on how much Tarquin already knows, and how much he suspects.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-05-04, 09:27 PM
Also possible. It will definitely depend on how much Tarquin already knows, and how much he suspects.

Agreed. I doubt Tarquin is completly out of the loop and has no idea whats going on. But how much he knows is the big question and we'll just have to wait and see how much and what he knows soon.