PDA

View Full Version : Bounty hunters of the church IC

Pages : [1] 2

drack
2011-05-04, 09:08 PM
The sky stands above you stained with blood as snapped bones and torn intestines lie before you, you hear the dieing screams of the child grasping your ankle in a futile plea for help before you stomp your foot through her skull with a crisp crack, and deep into her brain as that invigorating feel of blood sliding between your toes... wrong thread :smallbiggrin:... here it is

And as you skipped along the magic rainbow path butterflies took flight, and flowers bloomed in your footsteps while unicorns pranced in the distance flirting and dancing merrily to the song of life. The sky was filled with a spectacular array of twirling fall leaves painting the sky as a mad painter with swirls of every color imaginable with god's grace it turned into a living masterpiece of life, making it hard to see the magical fairy of love up above

OK... it wasn't quite like that either...

The five of you trod a worn path approaching a nearby village. Your feet were sore, it was getting cooler out, but bugs persisted in annoying you and a few animals had found their way into your camp the knight before, and many of you sported animal bites... and as Jimym Khatra took point everyone else walked a ways back not wishing to be seen with the man who was quite proudly only wearing a cloak and some ornaments, walking blissfully exposes to the elements. The others had begun to wonder about him... generally speaking they were just glad that here had only been ten towns that he's led them through, and even more glad when he finally got a cloak to cover his rear. You had all been sent a week or two back to capture some dangerous necromancers... than again were there really necromancers that weren't dangerous? It was getting dark, and it was about time to set up camp. Maybe in this next village you could finally convince he man to get some cloths. At the vary least you's have something to eat. You see a nice looking area coming up on your left which looks suitable for making camp, and over there you could read some of those documents you had gotten on your targets.

Jimym Khatra

You stretch out in the clearing tucking your cloak behind you and pull out your Snifer for a drink. You had noticed that your companions had been avoiding looking at you, it was as if they hadn't seen a man before... than again by the look Nor'Delana had given you the first day you met she may well not have. Regardless you were enjoying the fall breezes, and couldn't be disturbed by their narrow social views. (feel free to change your life views any time :smallamused:)

Vaylorn

Being the only one who actually took your proper documentation you pull the documents from your bag pertaining to the targets. Examining the seal it appears authentic, after and you had heard of a guy who ended up receiving forged documentation as it wasn't nice.

Nor'Delana Thricarian

The naked man was doing it again... men :smallannoyed: Anyways you had more important thoughts than those of humans. You quickly became engrossed in your spellbook mesmerizing spells for tomorrow.

Stretin Wayliest

You were glad for the fact hat you had nothing to do, and contented yourself with playing with your rapier. I was a nice blade, and so much more so with the occasional improvised sound effects.

Germanus Gratianus

Why did everyone always expect you to st the fire, forge for what you could, set out dinner, fix everyone's bedroll, tend to the horse (yah that's right, and is it any coincidence that the rogue is the one with a horse, you don't think so), gather wood for the night, wash their cloths, and take first wash. Just because you were a ranger didn't mean you had agreed to be a house maiden, this was just downright disgraceful. You envisioned what your fellow rangers would think of this as you walked down to the streams with everyone's spare cloths.

Thrall don't have the right to think :smallwink:

Gunnar

When everyone begins doing their thing you simply sit. You're used to the slow ways of humans, but all the same you contented yourself with doing absolutely nothing as you have done foe the past however many hours these humans wasted on sleep.

Re'ozul's character:
Such insensitive people, trudging all over nature's bounty. At least on of them had the decency not to kill pure animals to cloth his body. (last I heard you were going with druid?)

Lyndworm
2011-05-04, 10:15 PM
Jimym Khatra, an older man, swift of foot and thought, walked ahead of the others. He didn't give it much thought; he was faster than them. Tall and wiry, he had just started to go soft and carried a little extra weight around his middle. Stopping for a moment, the man pulls a snifter from one of the packs at his sides and drinks from what should have been an empty glass. *Click.* "There's a little clearing coming up; it looks like as good a spot as any to make camp." The man's voice is rich and warm, tinted with hints of cruelty and compassion, regret and pride, anger and joy. He puts the glass back and runs a hand over his close-cropped horseshoe of hair before continuing. "It's nearing dark, but we should have time to review our targets before sleep draws near."

drack
2011-05-09, 08:31 PM
OK you lazy bums, start posting already :smallbiggrin:

Re'ozul
2011-05-10, 03:21 PM
"Why oh why did I not take Toruk up on the offer to scope out the landscape with him."

The thought was starting to become an endless loop going through Tahrven's head as the ever immediate threat of exposure to the sight of Jimym in his natural state was once more narrowly averted by the swaying of his cloak not quite going as far as he had feared.

"Flying is just so much easier and sophisticated, but sadly so much more impersonal as well. Toruk may think he appreciates nature more by seeing more of it, but true appreciation can only come from proximity. Oh well, let us just hope we can soon find a save haven for the others. ... And for Toruk to remember to not eat everyone's cattle for a change. He may draw intelligence from our bond, but wisdom he does not."

THEChanger
2011-05-10, 03:57 PM
"Stupid church, sending me out with stupid city-dwellers to tend to their stupid goods..." Germanus muttered something along those lines as he set up camp. At least a few of those he was set up with were not total strangers to the outer lands. Perhaps they could be convinced to aid him at a later time. Right now, it would simply be easier to do it himself. No need for those who did not know what they were doing to muck things up. Stroking Beatus' fur, Germanus clutched the wolfs-head of Shan-Kharash in his other hand. Shan-Kharash, Hunter in the Shadows, Destroyer of Shadows, grant me strength for the coming night. May my eyes be sharp, and my claws sharper. Replacing his symbol into his pack, Germanus smiled down at his companion. "Well then, Beatus, shall we go a hunting?" Beatus' tongue lolled out of his mouth in agreement. Nodding once, Germanus informed Tahrven where he was going, and set off, dashing at full speed to keep up with Beatus. This was where he belonged.
Survival Check for Hunting-[roll0]

drack
2011-05-10, 04:09 PM
You catch quite a few small animals.

JollyChris
2011-05-10, 04:32 PM
Gunnar takes his usual posistion guarding the camp and prepares for another night standing around waiting for his comapnions to refresh themselves. He spots Tahrven's concern over Jimym's lack of clothes "Tahrven why are you so concerned with Jimym's nakedness but not mine?"

Re'ozul
2011-05-10, 05:43 PM
"Truly I do not comprehend it myself. It is simply something mentally scarring that I simply cannot and do not wish to put my finger on."

Tahrven unrolls his backpack close to the center of clearing.

"Tell me if you want me to camouflage us. Oh, and also remind me to ask around for a Field Provisions Box when we next meet up with an army patrol or someone capable of creating them. Toruk might be apologetic about eating Strygar now, but I don't even want to think about him trying to actively hunt once we get back into the more urbane areas."

He basically offers to cast "tiny hut" making it appear dark blue to fit with the night.

Saidoro
2011-05-10, 11:57 PM
As they approach the campsite Vaylorn and his two companions dismount and go about their own business, Stretin gathering the horses and tethering them to a nearby tree and Nor'Delana opening her spellbook to look for a spell to protect them overnight. Vaylorn himself pulls the documentation on their current targets from his pack and heads to the center of the campsite, ignoring the chatter of the others and resolving to wait for all to be present before they go over their next marks.

Nor'Delana can cast Mordenkainen's Magnificent mansion for tonight if we need it.

drack
2011-05-11, 08:18 AM
when everyone gathers and you read the report

The documents contain a bad sketch of a ghoul with two skeletons and says that they are accused of grave robbery, necromancy, petty theft, trespassing, vandalism, disturbing the peace, disloyalty to Shan, resisting arrest, murder, squatting, quite a few things that you can’t decipher the meaning to politicians you think to yourself… There is some warning of strange foreign magics, and sadly enough the best report you can find in the clump of papers is a farmer’s report
The sky was dark and I was out to help my neighbor with his fields when it happened. I was about to pluch a nice an jucy turnip when suddenly they appeared out of nowhere and stabbed out his throat with some odd dagger, and the next moment they was gone, an I never seen em again. At the center of the documents is a sharp bone fragment with a small tag denoting it as the ‘dagger’ The bone is rather fresh, but it smelled rather bad… The other ones contain various contradictions, but in terms of physical appearance you can gather that they looked more or less like a ghoul with glowing purple eyes, and two skeletons, though some reports describe them as being somewhat different from the standard human skeleton. Some contain mentions of strange magics, but they range from the sky being dark or a light rain to tearing open hells gates with their bare hands and calling forth legions. (which have not been confirmed... in fact if there were legions of devils they must have disappeared rather quickly as nobody else in town saw them, but as rumor goes... well it tends to be a tad less trustworthy. :smallbiggrin:
Edit Oh yes, and these reports cam from the village that you should reach about midday tomorrow. :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2011-05-11, 12:54 PM
"These are pretty much worthless, aren't they? Our quarry are undead magicians... And that's it. No more, maybe less." Jimym sighs in disgust. "Very well... We may as well call it a night, I suppose. Any objections to practicing the hand signals I taught you?"

Re'ozul
2011-05-11, 04:39 PM
"If we must. I do not think i will be close enough to see them most times."

Saidoro
2011-05-12, 11:53 PM
Vaylorn nods at Jimym's suggestion, he knew full well that there would most likely never be a situation where he would at all need the hand signs, but he also knew that going along with it would help put the others at ease.
"Very well."
Stretin indicates his agreement as well and stays with the others while Nor'Delana abstains and instead goes to conjure up sleeping quarters.

Nor'Delana's casting magnificent mansion.

drack
2011-05-14, 10:48 AM
*There is a crunching noise in the underbrush off to the side of the trail leading to the village*

Lyndworm
2011-05-14, 11:42 AM
As silently as possible, Jimym stands into a crouching position and flashes the signs for Slow/Stealth and Observe. He creeps towards the area from which the noise originated.

Jimym creeps up to 40ft as a double move, attempting to stay in any natural shadows and avoid any unnecessary noise along the way.

Hide:
[roll0]

Listen:
[roll1]

Move Silently:
[roll2]

Spot:
[roll3]

drack
2011-05-14, 11:52 AM
You see a man in some improperly donned full plate, and a buckler with only one strap done (out of two), Walking towards the light of your fire with a stick shaking in his unsteady grip. The man himself is Big... as in Big, 6'7" with broad shoulders. His black eyes dart back and forth, contrasting sharply with his deathly pale skin. spot roll (remember I like me epic commoners :smallwink:) [roll0]
As you stealthily slide through the underbrush he spins leveling his wobbly stick at the naked man. W-w-why a-a-are y-you he-here-e... Wh-wh-what do you wa-wa-want?

THEChanger
2011-05-14, 11:57 AM
Germanus flashed the sign for confirmation, and concentrated on the area where the rustling came from, seeing if he could smell the scent of evil he had learned to distinguish from the normal smells of the forest. Preparing for a battle, Germanus made sure his scythe was well within reach, and instructed Beatus to remain by his side.
Using Scent of Evil special ability. I can smell evil within 30 ft, or 60 ft if our rustler is upwind of me. Like the Detect Evil spell, or Paladin special ability.

drack
2011-05-14, 12:06 PM
You smell no evil :smallbiggrin:
see no evil hear no evil speak no evil

Lyndworm
2011-05-14, 12:18 PM
"I am Jimym Khatra, and I don't think I want anything from you. Clearly, you are not one I would enjoy fighting; but you are no warrior. Come, join in our fire. We may have some food if you are hungry." Jimym attempts to resolve the situation without any bloodshed.

This probably requires a Diplomancy roll, huh?

[roll0]

drack
2011-05-14, 10:01 PM
The man has a somewhat shocked expression when you say you don't want anything, but than a suspicious stare takes it's place. "I am Tiba, sacrifice... I mean ... chosen... of the village to see who encroaches on us... if you wish nothing why do you come?" He waves the shaky branch at you as if to warn you to keep your distance.
I'm not so by the books with diplomacy/bluff/ect. I say at lower levels they may work, buy I've seen people attack, tearing someone limb from limb, than try to diplomacy 'oops, my claws slipped' :smallamused: So I rely more on fluff than the roll, though I will consider the roll as well usually.
All the same you got one of those nice rolls that does nothing anyways :smallwink:

Lyndworm
2011-05-14, 11:20 PM
"I'm sorry, Tiba, there is a misunderstanding; I want little from you personally, but their may be a great deal that your village could do for us. We are many things, but above all we are travelers of the Holy Empire of Shan. We would like to visit your village and purchase supplies, and holy items if you have them." Jimym stands from his crouch and offers the man a clearly unarmed hand. In fact, Jimym is naked save an almost too-small cloth hanging from his waist, a very worn but warm looking fur cloak around his shoulders, and a pair of sandals.

Another Diplomacy check, just in case (although I'm very glad to hear that words have more weight than rolls; I play the same way).

[roll0]

So you know, I've refluffed Boots of Striding and Springing as sandals. You said in the recruitment thread that could refluff the appearance of anything, and that coupled with the idea of Jimym in big ol' boots (and not much else) fueled my decision.

drack
2011-05-15, 12:06 AM
Tiba cautiously considers your hand before dropping the branch he was holding (which you now notice is half rotten and likely couldn't do much even with a warrior's skill), and accepting your hand with an expression that wouldn't be unheard of on a frightened rabbit. (his hand shake nearly breaks your hand despite him being ready to snatch his back as if from a hot flame) "You say you are of the empire, but recently two bony men came to the village claiming the same thing... how can I trust you? Moreover what is your business here, as I must say not many a merchant is a wary as you..."

sandals are chill, and mechanically speaking your diplomacy sucks at making both enemies and friends :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2011-05-15, 12:23 AM
Attempting to release the man's hand, Jimym says "Oh, I never claimed to be a merchant, my friend. As you noticed, I'm a great deal more cautious than most merchants. My party and I are agents sent by the Empire to apprehend what are likely the men of which you speak. I cannot prove this beyond my word, but my compatriots have some documentation. Are you sure you won't join us, Tiba?"

Diplomacy:
[roll0] :smallannoyed:

drack
2011-05-15, 12:30 AM
Tiba releases your hand and says in a half official and somewhat stiff tone "I will share your fire." As he says this he starred into your eyes with an intensity that makes you feel almost as if he is searching your essence it's self for any signs of falsehood.

You know even with me a natural 1 hurts things, but for future reference you don't need to keep rolling every 5 seconds :smallwink: Also just my thing, but I don't bother with bluff checks for telling the truth :smallamused:

Lyndworm
2011-05-15, 12:44 AM
Jimym gives a very small bow to the large man and leads him the short distance to his party's camp. "Everybody," he calls quietly "I bring an emissary from the village ahead. His name is Tiba. You should introduce yourselves; I think that's the polite thing to do, yes?"

drack
2011-05-15, 12:48 AM
"Yes, and more importantly I hear you have proof of your story?" Tiba looks suspiciously around as if expecting everyone to suddenly up and jump him.

Lyndworm
2011-05-15, 12:52 AM
"Does anyone have the documents from the Empire, he means?"

Saidoro
2011-05-15, 02:09 PM
I have them right here.
Vaylorn sorts through the papers looking for their proof of identification and hands it to the villager.
So then, what is the situation in the village?
Vaylorn stares intently at the villager, watching him for any signs of deceit.
We where given some information but much of it was vague or untrustworthy, and quite old by now. Anything you could tell us would surely be useful.

drack
2011-05-15, 02:32 PM
Tiba takes the documents and skims through them eyes intent, than looking up he says with a surprised look "they didn't do anything to the village, they disrupted our dead, and killed an[y who interfered, than they went up to the old house on the hill." It doesn't look like he lies, but than again it's never easy to tell. "Um lets see what more was there, oh yes, there were two bonemen with a hunched over crippled thing that consumed corpses, and...and... well I can direct you to the place tomorrow, I live a short ways down the road, and I'll bet Patrella will start worrying soon, so I'll need to return... by the way could one of you show me how this is supposed to go on?" He gestures dully to his miss-donned full plate.

Lyndworm
2011-05-15, 03:39 PM
"I'm afraid that I'm no good with the heavier armors, as you can likely see." Jimym sweeps a hand over his bare chest, illustrating his point. "You say that these creatures reside in a house on a hill, now? Have they been active at all during daylight, or only after dusk?"

drack
2011-05-15, 03:47 PM
"Hmm, I wouldn't rightly know... maybe Edel Vousch would know, he is really the brains behind the town."

Lyndworm
2011-05-15, 04:45 PM
"I think we'd like to see this Vousch, then. That will be our first real goal for the morning, yes?"

drack
2011-05-15, 09:53 PM
OK says Tiba I'll head back for now, just follow this path when morning comes, and my house will be the first off to the left. Feel free to knock if you require any assistance.

With that Tiba goes off along the trail with a look of disappointment at his improperly donned armor.

The rest of the night passes rather uneventfully, and you each take a turn on watch, Soon the sun rises and each of you finally wakes up. feel free to start the day, when 3 or more of you say that you head down to town you will all just be assumed to go. You may elect to go see Tiba, otherwise I will assume you don't bother. (game's lagging a bit so I thought I'd give er a nice shove, if ever you don't post on any day it ia assumed that you follow everyone else's lead unless you're in combat. in which case everyone waits until it's evident that you don't intend to post but I always prefer you just saying that you're gonna be out for a weak or such. If you drop for any reason you just randomly fling yourself into every trap springing it on your face (I can play you doing that), umm, I'll get back to you if more comes to me :smallbiggrin:) Also I just want to make sure everyone's still cool with the one underlined line in the first post of recruitment ( If you do not intend to post regularly, are in too many games already, or when you think about it decide that you have too much going on in life to take another game on don't bother with this game, though if something comes up I'll understand (pleas do share before you disappear though)) I understand if you have finals or something, but honestly finals stretch for about a month so some notice is nice.

Anyways hope most of this doesn't apply to most of you, just trying to keep the ball rolling for those who are into it, though I would go out on a limb and assume that for quite a few of you you just can't think of what to do in a campground :smallconfused: I was thinking sleep might work, but to each his own (especially for warforgeds who just mess around all night).

Lyndworm
2011-05-16, 11:38 AM
Being the last on watch, Jimym wakes the others shortly after dawn. Once gathered, he says "Good morning, everyone. We must first break camp, of course, but do any of you have plans for once we're in town? I was thinking of visiting that Tiba fellow from last night... The Vousch fellow he mentioned, as well."

Re'ozul
2011-05-16, 11:58 AM
Having finished his spells for the day ( a grueling process that always leads to him questioning his choice to pursue the foray into the wizardly arts) Tahrven gets up and piles his books back into his Haversack.

He then walks over to where Toruk had landed for the night and checks him over for any injuries.

"I agree. It is most likely our best source of information right now. Depending on their eagerness we could try to entice them to cooperation by suggesting to enhance whatever food growing capacity they have. I would do so anyway, but we all know that it still is a good argument to bring up."

He then adresses Toruk in the unintelligible sounds that make up their common language.

"I hope you remembered not to eat the things that look like the pictures i showed you, or that were in any kind of enclosure."

"I did as you asked, though meat around here is way too soft and fat and things are too easy to find. I think I might get lazy here. Its so unlike the wastes."

"That you will have to adapt to I fear."

JollyChris
2011-05-17, 05:11 PM
After spending another nght standing around listening to the noises his companions make when they're asleep Gunnar is eager to get going."We already know where the necromancers are i say we head straight for this "old house on the hill" and take the fugitives into custody."

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 05:20 PM
Jimym speaks up. "Have you no sense of propriety, Gunnar? We were invited into a man's home. We must stop by out of politeness if nothing else, and he knows where Vousch is. Vousch can supposedly tell us more about these dastards than the worthless papers we were given." Running his fingers over his short, black hair, the tall man is clearly upset. "We need to go into the market anyway to see if we can get any blessed items... Rushing headfirst into whatever's staying in that house strikes me as a very bad idea. We can get more information, so why should we not?"

Re'ozul
2011-05-17, 06:02 PM
Having finished looking Toruk over, Tahrven joins the conversation.

"I agree. Engaging the targets on ground they have most certainly fortified would be unwise. In fact, I propose that we do not hide our presence at all. To this there would be three possible outcomes.
The first would be that the targets barricade themselves further or twake preventive countermeasure against us. This is most likely the effect Gunnar wishes to avoid. However, in doing so the targets would also limit their own possibilities of engagement and retreat creating a standoff that our superior numbers would most likely be able to break.
The second one would be that the targets flee from this place. While this would mean a setback to the objective of apprehending or neutralizing them, anything they leave behind while doing so would give indications as to their greater goals and create possibilities of predicting their further actions.
The third and last one, would be that they believe they can win against us and attack us outright. While i would be weary of this in most cases, the descriptions given so far do not indicate any kind of belivable power that would allow them to do so and as such we might have an easier time in this scenario as if we were to storm their current position."

THEChanger
2011-05-17, 06:36 PM
Germanus, awake, gathered up his meager belongings, and listened into the conversation. "Well put. We should, in any case, break camp as soon as possible. Even if we wish to attract our enemy's attention, remaining in one place for too long is not a good idea. There is more in this forest than just our prey. There are always other predators about. We should be wary."

drack
2011-05-17, 06:47 PM
by the 3+ rule you all head out, and since some people wanted to meet Tiba first I'll post for that, anyone who wants to ditch the slow cautious half of the party may mo on (if I get even one person I'll post for that when I notice)

You make your way along the narrow overgrown trail until you see a small wooden hut... five minutes walk from where you camped... Tiba is on the porch, dozing lightly in his now properly fitted armor. At the sound of your footsteps he lazily opens his eyes and greats you with a rather loud "Morning" He than calls out "Just follow that trail and you'll arrive in a bit, you can see the village from the top of that there hill." He gestures vaguely at what has faded into a small game trail through a corps of trees... and of course it can't just be overgrown, it's uphill. :smallannoyed:

General message: I intend to let everyone follow at their own pace all the same, so you can jump in with anyone and assume you've been chilling with them so far, or set off on your own somewhere, and the time that I skip for the other group (travel/sleep/ect) will still be yours to spend as you please, so don't feel dragged along by those who feel inclined to post 20x as much as you :smallcool:

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 08:57 PM
"G'morning, TIba!" calls Jimym as he approaches. "I trust the night treated you kindly enough? Where can we find Vousch?"

drack
2011-05-17, 09:46 PM
"Ah, but the morning is sweater still." He says with a smile "He should be in town, if you need directions once you get there Patrella should be able to help, and don't worry, you'll know Patrella on sight" This last bit is given with a slight wink.

thought I'd post this again in case anyone missed it :smallwink:
General message: I intend to let everyone follow at their own pace all the same, so you can jump in with anyone and assume you've been chilling with them so far, or set off on your own somewhere, and the time that I skip for the other group (travel/sleep/ect) will still be yours to spend as you please, so don't feel dragged along by those who feel inclined to post 20x as much as you :smallcool:

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 09:55 PM
"Thanks, Tiba. I think we'll head into town, then. Have a good day." With a slight bow and an informal salute Jimym heads into town, as he suggested.

drack
2011-05-17, 10:04 PM
Jimym and whomever heads off with him:

After about an hour of trudging uphill you find the top of the hill from which you can see sprawling plains to your left, the town down the slope before you, and off past the town and to the right you see some massive crevasse extending into the mountains.

After a few more hours of trudging downhill and trying your best not to impale yourselves on stray pricker busher you finally come to the village. In the center of main street starring back at you is Tiba in a loin cloth and no armor, hands on his hips and giving you a level measuring stare.

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 10:10 PM
Throwing up a hand in greeting, Jimym is momentarily confused. After few seconds of walking he shouts "Patrella, I presume? Tiba sends us."

drack
2011-05-17, 10:19 PM
With a smile Patrella accepts Jimym's hand, and surprisingly enough doesn't accidently break it (thank god for that at least) "I see at least someone has a sense for dressing for the weather. My brother says you wish to speak to old Edel. Well no matter, I can take you." Patrella takes a moment more to admire Jimya's ornaments (belt, wristband, ect) before leading you off.

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 10:24 PM
Returning the large man's handshake, Jimym says "Thank you, Patrella. I would rather not tarry; let us, indeed, go see your Edel Vousch." He follows after the man ahead of him.

drack
2011-05-17, 10:33 PM
You soon arrive at a massive estate from which you can smell fresh meat, sweet wines, and hear gay laughter and music... somehow those with bigger more elaborate houses tended to always have something to celebrate. Patrella bellows something inaudible into the front entrance and a fairly annoyed yet plump figure emerges in rich clothing starring in disgust at everyone's poor clothing, and attempting to completely ignore everyone with even less than that. What so you need presents? I don't give handouts to those who cant even earn their own place in this world." he continues in a tone of the utmost disgust.

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 10:47 PM
Though he smiles, an intensity bordering on hatred shows in Jimym's eyes. "You'll have to forgive my state of dress, sir; the emperor did not inform me that there was a dress code when he sent me here. I'm calling on an Edel Vousch for information regarding the house on the hill and the occupants therein."

drack
2011-05-17, 10:56 PM
The man frowns visibly, and not wholly at Jimya's lack of manors, nor wholly at his lack of dress (though such thoughts did contribute)

That, well I guess it can't be helped, to make this quick three men broke into the cemetery, the villagers overacted, charged them with tools of their trade, many died, but in the end the the men were nice enough that I didn't end up with funeral bills. Than they went off to the house on the hill as the villagers call it. Long ago it served as a place of warship, but it's rather out of the way, and it fell into disrepair. This Neanderthal can show you the way. He finishes putting a greasy hand on Patrella (was that chicken or beef... maybe oxen) Patrella appears fairly unperturbed as Eled casts a glance back into the building and asks "If there is nothing more..."

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 11:05 PM
"That should be all, sir. Good day to you." Jimym turns and leaves with not another word to the man, speaking only once out of earshot. "The nerve of that man! I've earned and lost more than he could ever imagine, and then I earned some back! Oh, how I wish his name were in those papers..." His jaw tight with anger, Jimym turns to Patrella. "I'm sorry, Patrella. These thoughts are not for your ears. Would you mind showing me the way to the house on the hill, as Vousch suggested?"

drack
2011-05-17, 11:13 PM
Eled promptly goes back inside

Patrella bursts into good healthy laughter ay Jimya's reaction. It humors me how you condone him so and make the same requests, Regardless what can we do right, Eled is Eled and we are us, leave him as the world did, and may we be left as such as well" This almost sounds like some sort of prayer, but than Patrella begins walking until he reaches a massive staircase leading up into a solid mist that obstructs even the possibility of an end to the stairs. :smallannoyed: "This is the hill, and the house on the hill is up here." With that Patrella begins to climb the stars.

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 11:22 PM
"Are you sure it is safe to get any closer, Petrella? If you're sure, I will gladly follow you; if not, perhaps we should wait for the others."

OoC:
If Petrella says it is safe enough then Jimym will follow (no reason to waste posts on confirmation).

drack
2011-05-17, 11:26 PM
Petrella slowly responds "... well I can tell you the desiccators are there... I guess that makes it maybe safish... maybe not so much... maybe though :smallbiggrin:"

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 11:30 PM
"Perhaps you should return to your home, then, Petrella. I appreciate everything that you've done for us, and for your town, but unless you're a powerful combatant it would likely be best for you to be in safety. My compatriots and I will return soon; hopefully we'll rid you of these menaces once and for all."

drack
2011-05-17, 11:32 PM
Petrella quite literally just wanders off as if to do something.

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 11:42 PM
Jimym heads back to meet with the others, telling them how to get to the house on the hill. "It is important to remember not to rush headlong into this situation for more than one reason you know; as loose as our leashes may be, we are still dogs of the emperor. We cannot, and I will not, begin killing willy-nilly. We must first try diplomacy with these creatures and give them the option to come in willingly. That being said, is there anything that we must do to prepare for battle? I must still visit the market, or maybe a church, in order to obtain some holy water."

Re'ozul
2011-05-19, 06:32 PM
"Diplomacy? With those pests? Why not loudly clank up to the house with a tuba and a sign that says 'Hello, I work for the church and am here to ultimately kill you. PLease run now or shoot me while I am distracted!'? You DO remember that as far as the church is concerned there really only is one ultimate outcome right? If we let those guys go for any reason we will be set back on their trail by the end of the next month."

Upon finishing his rant Tahrven throws his hands up in the air and stalk away only to stop and turn around.

"Although... If you wanted to make them think you want to diplomacice in order to get them to drop THEIR guard I'd be all for it. If you did not, then I don't think I want to even listen to this right now as I will not, I repeat, WILL NOT allow these blights to literally desecrate the land, air and life in general wherever they go. If we find them, we will end them."

THEChanger
2011-05-20, 08:32 PM
Germanus smiled. Now, THIS was someone he could get behind. Someone who could get things done, without letting the thoughts of monks hiding behind their musty tomes get in the way. "Indeed. These fiends have harmed too many. If we can find them, and take them 'alive', then so be it. But we must not pretend that these are anything but murders and defilers of life. They must be destroyed, whether by ourselves, or by those who will deal with them back at the capital."

Saidoro
2011-05-22, 12:33 AM
Save your fervor, Tahrven. It will be needed in time but announcing our presence to all who listen serves no purpose.
Vaylorn pauses to consider the situation before speaking again.
Stretin and I will accompany Jimym to the town to gather supplies and see if we cannot learn more of these undead. Germanus, I would like you to explore around the house and try to assess their defenses. The rest of you should make whatever preparations you feel appropriate.

JollyChris
2011-05-22, 06:06 AM
"I have everything i need so i'll keep watch on the house and delay them if they try and escape. Where shall we meet when you have the supplies?"

Lyndworm
2011-05-22, 10:52 AM
Jimym speaks up. "The house is hidden by mist, so it seems likely that they'll be unable to see you watching them. We may as well meet you there."

THEChanger
2011-05-22, 12:11 PM
Germanus nodded to Vaylorn. The plan was solid. Recon was something Germanus could do well. "I will return as soon as I am done. Be ready. Stealth is not perfect, and we may need to mount a counter attack." So saying, Germanus and Beatus slipped into the fog, moving towards the house upon the hill.
Casting One with the Land and Mass Camouflage. Mass Camo gives me and me wolf a +10 to Hide. One with the Land gives me a +2 to Hide, Move Silently, and Search. Also to Handle Animal and Survival, but that's not as important. One with the Land lasts for 8 hours, Mass Camo lasts for 80 minutes. Let's make some rolls.
Germanus:

Hide - [roll0]
Move Silently - [roll1]
Search - [roll2]
Spot - [roll3]
Listen - [roll4]
Beatus:

Hide - [roll5]
Move Silently - [roll6]

drack
2011-05-22, 05:47 PM
Scouting
your hide mod is actually +31 not 33 if I'm reading your sheet right but whatever

You get far enough before some horrible shrieking starts up ahead alerting the enemy to your presence. :smallbiggrin: (feel free to spellcraft check for it, and if you get 23+ you know it's a skull watch spell, otherwise you just know your position is compromised, and notice how the stone walls of the mountains on either side of the stare case don't look good for providing cover if anyone comes. :smallfrown:) As you ponder your next action you see the eerie purple shine of two identical willo' wisp glows cutting through the fog as if watching you, and than the howling of the trap fades only to be replaced by what sounds like a chorus of agonized screams and moans.

Shopping

You find a Ma and Pa shop, a blacksmith who can sell you little more than horseshoes, a witches ransacked house (without much left in th ways of magic), and a church that is willing to sell you holy water

Lyndworm

Since I know what you want to do I'll just tell you that the man is willing to offer three cheep glass flasks containing one pint of holy water each for your mostly spent wand

Lyndworm
2011-05-22, 06:43 PM
Jimym happily makes the trade. He knows that it's above the actual trade-in value of the item, and counts himself lucky. Jimym tags along with the others, saying little.

drack
2011-05-22, 11:38 PM
Jimym
The pudgy priest quickly empties his glass of the purity of Shan' (spirits) sloshing only a little more onto the holy book of Shan (a version that depicts Shan as somewhat more vengeful than the standard 'burn all evil painfully and watch it curl up and suffer for it's misdeeds' version). Quickly he flips open the book revealing a somewhat smooched danish which he swallows with out much thought before wiping away some grease stain as best he could, and reciting some unenthusiastic prayer (punctuated by a somewhat putrid expulsion of gas, and ending with a few syllables that sounded more like a yawn than a chant) and he hands you the flasks, though you are beginning to really wonder how holy that water is by the time that you see the priest hurrying off to the overly cushioned confessional and wobbling all the while like a bowl of pudding. Oh well, I mean you did let the poor guy down by not bringing sweet danishes...

Lyndworm
2011-05-22, 11:48 PM
Doubtful of the priest's trustworthiness, Jimym inspects the flasks himself.

Jimym casts detect magic and examines the supposed "holy" water.

drack
2011-05-22, 11:54 PM
Jimym
The flask gives off a faint yellowish glow... you hope that's not what you think it is... :smalleek:

Lyndworm
2011-05-23, 12:37 AM
What... what does Jimym think it is?

THEChanger
2011-05-23, 08:29 PM
Scouting

"Damn it. Come, Beatus. We return." Germanus and Beatus ran back to camp, before whatever had seen them could find them out.
OOC
No Spellcraft ranks. :(
Germanus and Beatus returned, bounding down through the fog to the waiting companions. "We were spotted. Something let loose some unholy shrieking. We saw no one approaching, but two rather eeiry lights accompanied the shrieking. We should be prepared for company of the hostile nature."

drack
2011-05-23, 09:58 PM
scouting

Shortly after you leave the shrieks stop.

examining flasks

After tasting, smelling, looking at, and feeling the substances you determined that two are the priest's urine, and the third appears to be holly vomit, but they all (somehow) give off a slight magical glow.
... you begin to regret that tasting part...

Saidoro
2011-05-26, 08:10 PM
Vaylorn stands behind Jimym throughout the exchange with the priest, saying nothing but mentally marking him down as in need of replacement.
Stretin "decides" to search the witches shop, looking for anything previous looters may have missed.
Search:[roll0]

drack
2011-05-26, 09:52 PM
Saidoro accumpanied by a quiet and respectable Jimym

An angry witch that you hadn't noticed still lived there shoos you out and invokes several demons of Shan to 'hunt your walking corps until it burns upon the hottest embers of Shan's righteous flame' :smallbiggrin: yahhh...funny thing how building (especially those that belong to witches) can look horribly ransacked and robbed... in fact it had been robbed, only that it's occupant hadn't been there to be murdered at the time. :smallbiggrin:

Moving on:
you decide to put off climbing the endless staircase until tomorrow such as to avoid climbing too many large slopes in one day. And as luck would have it it rains that night. Now it wan't so much that you got wet as you did have extradimensional housing, but it set a somber tone for the rest of the night. The following morning the rain had stopped leaving the world with a fresh coat of mud.

Everyone is on edge as you begin climbing the bland stone stairs, but soon it settles into a redundant tiring one step after another which despite the occasional screams of various skull watch spells, did little to jog you nerves back on edge. Eventually the stone stairs stopped, probably washed away through the ages as you can see many shallow streams cutting through the rock where there should be steps. Luckily someone had filled in the missing steps with wood as that gaping chasm to the left didn't look all too inviting, but the wood was old and creaked in warning as you climbed, luckily there were no dramatic snapping stairs, but they did bend uneasily under your weight. Eventually the trail turns into the mountain and heavy stone walls form on either side, and a pale purple glow dances eerily in the swirling mist. The mist is thicker this way, and as you climb you find the source of the purple light, someone has cast light on human skulls in order to guide you along the path.

As you reach the end of the staircase you see a few dark figures in the mist. The one directly before you bows slightly and calls out in a velvety voice "The master wishes that you would leave us in peace. Would you cooperate I assure you none of you will be harmed."

Thecharger: you smell evil first on the skulls, and now on the figures.

Map:https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tq-ZT44dxfTxSEh0johvAXg&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0

JollyChris
2011-06-08, 06:49 PM
"By order of the holy knights of Sharn your masters are under arrest. Now get out of our way!" Gunar advances on the figures preparing to strike them if they attempt to resist.

drack
2011-06-08, 07:08 PM
The dark figure freezes for an instant than bursts into laughter. He walks towards you too. "Well son, are you sure you don't wanna head back now before you get yourself hurt?" As the figure approaches you can make out red eyes and two twin elongated teeth hanging well beyond his smile.
Edit: than his smile fades slightly "Masters?... I serve only one foolish mortal."

Than a mournful howl rises up as if a pit full of agonizing victims of a mad torturer rises up from the massive rotting building before you, rising up over the mist. The figure turns his head as if listening, trembling slightly in what by his expression appears to be fear, than turning to face you he says "m-m-my" he takes a minute to get himself under control as the sound stops "My master wisher you to go before there are... consequences." His smile finds a way back onto his face at that last word.

Edit 2: (sorry, forgot about the saint thing) As the chorus of screams and moans erupts from the direction of the house Gunnar understands the reached screams as having deeper meaning, than as he realizes it he is sickened (not mechanically speaking no, but all the same) The cries of agony come from one creature so twisted that it can no longer even speak the tongs of man, twisted by such powers of darkness that don't even exist, and yet it is old, millennia of it's stain wrecked existence have eroded all of Shan's holy graces from it, and... and... that sort of thing simply shouldn't exist, by the grace of Shan there was nothing strong enough out there to make that... beyond that you can't really identify it. :smallbiggrin: anywho it says in a long drawn out voice so old and cold: "Teeelll thee morrtaals thaat theeirr tiime haas nott yeet coome, buut thaat it willl iff theyy doon't goooo"

(Updated map https://spreadsheets1.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CJHe4LoO&key=tq-ZT44dxfTxSEh0johvAXg&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0)

Lyndworm
2011-06-11, 10:16 PM
Moving to join Gunnar, Jimym says "I had meant to discuss the options available diplomatically, but if violence is your only recourse, then have at." He conjures an ordinary-looking javelin in one hand.

Move action to walk up to 97H, Free action to summon the javelin, Standard action to ready an attack on the minion should a combat situation occur.

Potential attack:
Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

THEChanger
2011-06-12, 07:46 PM
Germanus and Beatus moved forward to back up their companions. As they came within range of the strange figure, the fur on Beatus' back stood straight up, and he let out a low growl. Germanus felt a familiar chill run up and down his spine. The undead. "Be on guard, brothers." He whispered. "These men are no longer among the ranks of the living. They are no doubt bound to some dark necromancer's will. Prepare to annihilate them."
Germanus moves to 97J, Beatus to 96K. Both prepare trip attacks on the first undead freak to come within range.

drack
2011-06-12, 08:43 PM
The silhouettes of numbers 3,5, and 6 vanish from the fog, and number 2 comes closer to the first figure who backs up a little, and figure 4 falls into place behind the two of them. The figures don't appear to wish to initiate a fight, but they sure look ready to take one that comes to them.

I'm gonna rule that you can see 20' through the fog, and within 60' you can see them, but they get 20% concealment You can assume they are readying actions too
As they move into position you see number two's silhouette draws a spiked chain, and the silhouette of number four draw a bow. The first dark figure simply raises his arms as a mad with no idea how to fight would.

Lyndworm
2011-06-12, 08:52 PM
Jimym moves forward, slightly. "Your minions mean nothing, Necromancer! We have slain their kind before, and shall do so again. Speak to me, as a man would!"

Free action to 5ft step to 96H, free action to speak, standard action to ready an action to attack the speaking minion should a combat situation occur.

drack
2011-06-12, 08:56 PM
the first figure looking horribly frightened and inept compared to the two warriors falling into place behind him tries one last plea "I'm warning you, you really should go if you know what's good for you."

Lyndworm
2011-06-12, 09:10 PM
"It's not like I want to be here, you know. I'm just trying to do my job, and that requires speaking with your master. If he'd just face me like an adult then we could settle this."

drack
2011-06-13, 12:38 AM
"Should he also help you put your sword to his neck, or would you prefer he fasten himself into a guillotine instead." replies the second figure "I suppose you think yourselves the center of the world, but amazingly enough our master is preoccupied, and can't deal with every foolhardy pack of villagers that comes up here."

"Yah, so just go back to your straw huts and go back to sleep already" the first figure finishes.

Lyndworm
2011-06-13, 12:58 AM
Jimym stands his ground, but pleads his case heartily. "I am but a villager, that much is true." The mans nudity is blatant. "Where you've made your mistake is assuming that I desire violence. Just because I am prepared for it does not mean that it is my wish... I have been charged with bringing your master to the capitol, but his death was never anything but a last resort. I will not beg you, but I am pleading; please, please do not resist. If you are truly not the monsters some claim you to be, I'll personally fight by your side... but you must first come to the capitol to fight for your innocence at all."

I know you don't normally care for Diplomacy (neither do I) but that mass of text just begs for it.

Diplomacy:
[roll0] :smallmad:

Jimym continues to ready his attack action.

drack
2011-06-13, 01:04 AM
figure one replies venomously "and what would happen to us in the capital would be better than death? I vary much doubt it."

Saidoro
2011-06-14, 11:08 AM
Vaylorn walks to the top of the stairs and waits silently, doubting that the words of an inquisitor would be looked upon kindly by someone so clearly suspicious of Shan's agents. He then reaches out for the minds of his colleagues and ties himself to them.

**Careful, this one is no threat, but we do not know what other preparations our target has made against attackers.**

Nor'Delana walks forward and calls one of her spells to the forefront of her mind readying it for use while Stretin lays his hands on his belt above his crossbows, preparing to make a grab for them.

Moving to 99I and manifesting a 7-point mindlink to join everyone in mental contact, suppressing the display by taking 10 on his concentration check.
Nor'Delana moves to 101I and prepares an action to cast haste.
Stretin moves to 101K and readies an action to draw his hand-crossbows.

Re'ozul
2011-06-14, 12:22 PM
Having been lost in thought for the most part of the conversation, Tahrven returns his mind to the situation at hand.

'This might turn sour faster than I expected.'

Knowing that he is not quite capable on the ground he prepares to remedy that.

Stay where he is and ready a wildshape use to turn into a legendary eagle when someone either attacks or orders an attack.

drack
2011-06-14, 01:20 PM
The mist around Gunnar is suddenly disturbed as three figures form into existence around him and immediately the air around him becomes filled with lashing steel. The sixth dark figure lashes his chain in two quick swipes, first at Gunnar deflecting harmlessly off his chest, than at Jimym who easily sidesteps. The fifth lashes his chain at Gunnar's legs who's metallic surfaces screech warning in protest, than with a flick of his hand reverses the chains direction causing the other end to rebound off his thick armored exterior. The third spins his chain in a wide arc tracing a path through the ground by Jimym's feet, and continuing towards the wolf.

to hit:
at gunnar
(1d20+16)[26]
(1d20+16)[17]
(1d20+16)[30]
at jimym
(1d20+14)[22]
(1d20+14)[16]
at beatus
(1d20+14)[20]
damage:
gunnar
(2d4+12)[16]
(2d6)[5]
(2d4+12)[16]
(2d6)[7]
(2d4+12)[16]
(2d6)[2]
jimym
(2d4+12)[17]
(2d6)[4]
(2d4+12)[16]
(2d6)[6]
beatus
(2d4+12)[16]
(2d6)[4]

JollyChris
2011-06-14, 03:22 PM
Gunnar spins around and recklessly strikes his oppenent.
Swift action to switch to punishing stance. Then full attack on dark figure 3.
To hit:
1d20+23
1d20+18
1d20+13
Damage:
6d6+11+1d8
6d6+11+1d8
6d6+11+1d8

JollyChris
2011-06-14, 03:31 PM
Sorry rolls didn't work lets try again:
Gunnar spins around and recklessly strikes his oppenent.
Swift action to switch to punishing stance(+1d6 damage -2 AC). Then full attack on dark figure 3.
To hit:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]+[roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6]
[roll7]+[roll8]

drack
2011-06-14, 03:58 PM
Round 0 (surprise round)

Jimym takes a 5' step

Vaylorn binds everyone's minds allowing telepathic communication

The mist around Gunnar is suddenly disturbed as three figures form into existence around him and immediately the air around him becomes filled with lashing steel. The sixth dark figure lashes his chain in two quick swipes, first at Gunnar deflecting harmlessly off his chest, than at Jimym who easily sidesteps. The fifth lashes his chain at Gunnar's legs who's metallic surfaces screech warning in protest, than with a flick of his hand reverses the chains direction causing the other end to rebound off his thick armored exterior. The third spins his chain in a wide arc tracing a path through the ground by Jimym's feet, and continuing towards the wolf.

Beatus lunges in an attempt to trip the third figure

Jimym attacks the first dark figure as the others appear around him squiring the man's right arm. The vampire howls in shock and fear before noticing that he doesn't feel anything, and that his fingers still work as they normally do despite the long spear running through his forearm,

Stretin draws his crossbow

Nor'Delana casts Haste

Tahrven comes out of thought and shape-shifts into a legendary eagle

Gunnar gets hacked at having not been ready for the three vampires to suddenly be so close (I'll use your attack roll in round 1 when you're not off guard... off guard isn't flat footed, it's just not prepared for them to really attack you.)

oh yah, and number four fires two arrows at Germanus rolling

to hit
[roll0]
[roll1]
damage
[roll2]
[roll3]

Oh yah, and even though this isn't much of a round I've been told it helps to post the map after each round
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CJHe4LoO&key=tq-ZT44dxfTxSEh0johvAXg&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0

Lyndworm
2011-06-14, 04:35 PM
Chucking the javelin with his right hand, Jimym's left twist into an arcane shape as he whispers "Fethos." A shimmering shield of force appears in front of him and quickly becomes invisible. Recovering from the throw, another javelin appears in his right hand. Shifting his grip, he slams the weapon into a figure threatening his ally. "I warned you all!" He slams the plain-looking javelin into the creature twice more.

Casting shield as a Swift action. It lasts for 32 minutes and provides a +9 shield bonus.

Creating another Force javelin as a Free action.

Full-Attacking DF3 with the javelin (held in two hands). Sacrificing a prepared glitterdust to Arcane Strike, providing Jimym with a +2 to hit and a +2d4 to damage. Power Attacking for -3/+6.

Attacks:
Attack 1:
[roll0]

Damage 1:
[roll1]
[roll2]
Total: 23

Attack 2:
[roll3]

Damage 2:
[roll4]
[roll5]
Total: 26

Attack 3:
[roll6]

Damage 3:
[roll7]
[roll8]
Total: 22

Re'ozul
2011-06-14, 04:48 PM
Taking flight to better view the area, Tahrven calls his magic to reinforce his willpower and hone his control over the magic itself.

He flies as straight up as he can. He is now in J 102 and has a height of +35feet in regards to his tarting point (J 106). He casts Owl's Insight on himself giving himslef a +8 insight bonus to wisdom for the next hour.

AC is now 25. Touch 21. Flatfooted 15.

Saidoro
2011-06-14, 08:55 PM
A line of green light leaps from Vaylorn's extended finger and strikes one of their assailants, turning the clothing about the point it strikes to dust and drilling into it's flesh. He then pauses a moment, seeming to center himself.

Meanwhile, Nor'Delana flies up the stairs and lays her glowing hand on Jimym's shoulder.

Stretin rushes up the stairs drawing his second crossbow as he does so and fires a bolt at another of the figures.

Vaylorn will cast psionic disintegrate on Dark Figure 5 spending his psionic focus to raise the DC to 29 and suppressing the display with a concentration and then spends a move action to regain his psionic focus(He can make both concentration checks on a natural 1, so I didn't bother rolling
Touch Attack:[roll0]
Disintegrate Damage:[roll1]
Partial Damage:[roll2]

Nor'Delana moves to G97, staying out of DF3's threatened range and casts greater heroism on Jimym.

Stretin will move to L96 and attack Dark Figure 3
Attack:[roll3]
Damage:[roll4]

THEChanger
2011-06-14, 09:41 PM
Germanus watched as one of the chains slammed into Beatus' side. Immediately, his pack instincts went into high gear, and stepped inbetween the chain-wielder and Beatus. Pouring divine energy into his companion, Germanus aided his movement away from the enemies. Turning to the form that had struck his brother, Germanus let his rage flow through him, and lashed out.
Alright, taking a 5-foot step to 97J.
Casting Lightfoot on Beatus. No AoOs, disregard difficult terrain. Beatus is moving his full 50 ft, straight back.
Now, let's get to the smacking. First, Attack Roll. I'm Smiting.

Now, onto the fun part. My Scythe is Blessed, Heavenly Bursting, and Hunting. Which I believe means(I'm away from my Magic Item Compendium, so correct me if I'm wrong.) I get +1d6 from Blessed, +1d6 from Heavenly Bursting, and +2d6 from Hunting, assuming this is an Evil representative of the Undead species. :P Then, a further +1d6 from Nemesis. +6 from Favored Enemies Undead and Evil. +10 from Smite, since it's based off Stalker levels. +1 from Enhancment bonus. And, finally, 2d4 Scythe. :)
Damages -[roll]2d4+5d6+17
O_O
NOOOOOO!!!!!

drack
2011-06-14, 10:14 PM
Round 1

the three vampires all turn to continue assaulting Gunnar in such a flurry of steel and sparks that the large warforged nearly disappears from sight behind it.

attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
damage:
[roll6]+[roll7]
[roll8]+[roll9]
[roll10]+[roll11]
[roll12]+[roll13]
[roll14]+[roll15]
[roll16]+[roll17]

The second dark figure moved to H-87 and fades slightly until he appears to almost join with the mist... almost but not quite.

Than Gunnar spins around and recklessly strikes his opponent. beating him into a poof of smoke, and dispersing it with a final strike.

Chucking the javelin with his right hand, Jimym's left twist into an arcane shape as he whispers "Fethos." A shimmering shield of force appears in front of him and quickly becomes invisible. Recovering from the throw, another javelin appears in his right hand. Shifting his grip, he slams the weapon into a figure threatening his ally. "I warned you all!" He slams the plain-looking javelin into the creature twice more finding no resistance and assuring himself of the unmaking of the being.

Meanwhile, Nor'Delana flies up the stairs and lays her glowing hand on Jimym's shoulder.

right as Stretin rushes up the stairs drawing his second crossbow as he does so and fires a bolt at another of the figures. only to find it thoroughly dead, and to notice all to late that beyond the extremely-over-killed vampire is Gunnar who's thick metal hide harmlessly deflects the bolt.

The somewhat incredibly terrified vampire hops anxiously from foot to foot over to J-89 hoping that his allies can still fight off the silly humans before they do something sillier like bash his skull in.

Unfortunately his Hope was not answered, for the next instant a line of green light leaps from Vaylorn's extended finger and strikes one of their assailants, turning the clothing about the point it strikes to dust and drilling into it's flesh. He then pauses a moment, seeming to center himself as the green glow quickly spreads over the vampire's body consuming it before it could even think to escape.

The other vampires though weren't impressed as the forth fires two shots at Germanus apparently thinking the man made a fine pin cushion.

attack
[roll18]
[roll19]
damage
[roll20]
[roll21]

Germanus watched as one of the chains slammed into Beatus' side. Immediately, his pack instincts went into high gear, and stepped inbetween the chain-wielder and Beatus. Pouring divine energy into his companion, Germanus aided his movement away from the enemies. Turning to the form that had struck his brother, Germanus let his rage flow through him, and lashed out only to find the two opponents upon which he may have vented his rage had been destroyed to the point where only one had left so much as dust behind.

As all of this plays out, taking flight to better view the area, Tahrven calls his magic to reinforce his willpower and hone his control over the magic itself.

including the remaining vampire since it makes little sense to start the round with an opponent who everyone is gonna smite moving :smallamused:

not wishing to accept a hundred blows as he fades from sight the vampire dully strikes the warforged with more fury

attak
[roll22]
[roll23]
damage
[roll24]+[roll25]
[roll26]+[roll27]

oh yah, and the map (which will be up to date shortly):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tq-ZT44dxfTxSEh0johvAXg&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0

JollyChris
2011-06-14, 10:50 PM
Gunnar cries in rage and pain due to the vampires relentless blows. ""Come here and feel Sharns wrath!" He yells before racing into the mist to strike at one of the shapes skulking within and attempt to fell it with one blow.

Charging to spot 90I to strike dark figure 1 and using the elder mountain hammer maneuver. and power attack feat to take a -5 on my attack rollfor +10 damage
Hit:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]

Lyndworm
2011-06-14, 10:59 PM
"Stand aside now and I won't hurt you!" shouts Jimym as he whirls on the closest figure. Despite the warning, the man does not wait for a response before laying into the poor creature as he did its companion. After the third blow has landed, he hurls the javelin at the original figure from before. Immediately, another javelin forms in the mage's hand.

Full-Attacking DF6 with the javelin (held in two hands). Sacrificing a prepared glitterdust to Arcane Strike, providing Jimym with a +2 to hit and a +2d4 to damage. Power Attacking for -3/+6.

Attacking DF1 as a Swift action (as per Tormtor School). The sacrificed glitterdust to Arcane Strike continues to provide Jimym with a +2 to hit and a +2d4 to damage. Power Throwing for -3/+3.

Summoning another Force javelin as a Free action.

Attacks:
Melee Attack 1:
[roll0] +4 (Greater heroism) 42

Melee Damage 1:
[roll1]
[roll2]
Total: 20

Melee Attack 2:
[roll3] +4 (Greater heroism) 38

Melee Damage 2:
[roll4]
[roll5]
Total: 24

Melee Attack 3:
[roll6] +4 (Greater heroism) 33

Melee Damage 3:
[roll7]
[roll8]
Total: 26

Ranged Attack:
[roll9] +4 (Greater heroism) 44

Ranged Damage:
[roll10]
[roll11]
Total: 25

Re'ozul
2011-06-15, 01:08 AM
While the first of the enemy went down quickly Tahrven does not wish to take any risks. As his eagle form circles in the air in a flawless maneuver cawing in a language only a fellow eagle would understand he starts to exhude a glow reminiscent of moonlight until finally two bolts of light streak from him impacting two of the enemies.

Circling in the air staying where I am at the end.
Moon Bolt at DF1 and DF2.

If the target is living it takes [roll0] points of strenght damage (Fort DC 24 for half)
If the target is undead it falls helpless for [roll1] rounds after which it takes a -2 to attack rolls and will-saves for another minute. A Will Save DC 24 negates this effect.

THEChanger
2011-06-15, 04:20 PM
Germanus, calmer now that the objects of his fury had been disintergrated, analyzed the battlefield. Two undead freaks were launching ranged attacks, and one was trying to escape. That would simply not do. Whispering a command, two bright wings burst from his cloak. Soaring up into the darkening skies, Germanus targeted the fleeing assailent with his divine Mark. Now the fiend would find his escape much more difficult.
Activating Wings of Flying. Moving up to 20 ft. above you all, then using the remaining 40 ft of movement to get to H89. Casting Mark of the Hunter on DF2. He gets nothing from concealment or cover unless it's at full, and both my Favored Enemy bonuses increase by 4. Huzzah!

Saidoro
2011-06-15, 07:14 PM
Vaylorn walks calmly towards the house, seeming focus on something other than what is right before him.

Nor'Delana gestures and speaks and a glittering shield appears around her, before fading from view.

Stretin runs through the fog until he sees one of the figures shooting at them and then turns to face him.

Vaylorn moves to K94 and manifests Psionic True Sight, hiding the display.
Nor'Delana casts protection from arrows on herself.
Stretin runs to L79

drack
2011-06-15, 08:28 PM
Round 2

The second dark figure continues to stand there studying the battle below in which...

Gunnar cries in rage and pain due to the other vampires relentless blows. "Come here and feel Sharns wrath!" He yells before racing into the mist to strike at one of the shapes skulking within and attempt to fell it with one blow which pops it into a puff of gas and disperses it all at once.

"Stand aside now and I won't hurt you!" shouts Jimym as he whirls on the closest figure. Despite the warning, the man does not wait for a response before laying into the poor creature as he did its companion. After the third blow has tore through the empty air, he hurls the javelin at the original figure from before. Immediately, another javelin forms in the mage's hand. His target smiles in amusement before the enchantments keeping him alive begin to give way forcing him back to a translucent mist, but through sheer will to live on the sorry figure manages to hold it's self together.

Nor'Delana gestures and speaks and a glittering shield appears around her, before fading from view.

Stretin runs through the fog, but then a mere fifteen feet into the fog there is a flash of eerie green light that petrifies the rogue mid stride. (petrified for three rounds make a fort save to avoid further effects.)
Edit: and yes I am intentionally not telling you the DC, because I'm not sure you'd notice if you failed :smallwink:

the terrified vampire now barely holding himself together flees downward

Vaylorn walks calmly towards the house, seeming focus on something other than what is right before him.
(you see nothing that you couldn't see before)

Germanus, calmer now that the objects of his fury had been disintergrated, analyzed the battlefield. Two undead freaks were launching ranged attacks, and one was trying to escape. That would simply not do. Whispering a command, two bright wings burst from his cloak. Soaring up into the darkening skies, Germanus targeted the fleeing assailent with his divine Mark. Now the fiend would find his escape much more difficult.

While the first of the enemy went down quickly Tahrven does not wish to take any risks. As his eagle form circles in the air in a flawless maneuver cawing in a language only a fellow eagle would understand he starts to exhude a glow reminiscent of moonlight until finally two bolts of light streak from him impacting two of the enemies.
[roll0]

as the vampire falls sickened, a howling picks up around you and wolves seam to melt off the mist as so many dark shapes, hungry eyes focused on you.

map: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tq-ZT44dxfTxSEh0johvAXg&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0
I think I got everything :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2011-06-15, 09:49 PM
Jimym drops the javelin in his right hand, which vanishes before hitting the ground. Almost as quickly another appears, but the tip is a strange yellow-green in color and it seems to ooze. fishing in his pouch, his left hand comes out with a small dart and what appears to be a minute organ. With a shout of "Uvelucal vaess!" Jimym throws his new javelin at the figure in the distance. As his left hand clenches tight the dart pierces the organ which disappears, subsumed in the spell.

Move action to move to 91K.

Standard action to cast Acid Arrow on DF2. Due to Lady Jaye's Lament this is not a touch attack as usual.

Attack:
[roll0] +4 (greater heroism) 36

Damage:
[roll1]

Future Damage:
2nd Round Damage:
[roll2]

3rd Round Damage:
[roll3]

4th Round Damage:
[roll4]

5th Round Damage:
[roll5]

Saidoro
2011-06-17, 11:41 AM
Vaylorn stares at one of the wolves for a moment and then sends a quick pulse of mental energy at it.

Nor'Delana flies forward and up before letting off a bead of fire from her staff to explode somewhere in the fog.

Vaylorn uses a 4-point Mind Thrust on the wolf in m90 useing psionic endowment to boost the dc to 25 then taking a move action to regain focus
[roll0]
Nor'Delana flies to i94, gaining 10' in the process then uses her staff of fire to launch a dc 22 fireball at j80
[roll1]
Stretin just stands around being paralyzed and getting in the way of my energy wave:smallannoyed:
[roll2]

Re'ozul
2011-06-17, 03:55 PM
Trying to get himself a better viw over the situation, Tahrven flies closer and higher to the temple. As he ascends streams of fire emerge from his claws and condense into three balls of fire that circle around him, then flying off towards several wolves as he finishes his movement.

Move to J/98 at 70' height.
Spot check to see anything suspicious about the temple (or more likely its roof at this height): [roll0]

Scorchin Ray against the following wolves:

O/99
ranged-touch-attack:[roll1]
Fire damage: [roll2]

Q/96
ranged-touch-attack:[roll3]
Fire damage: [roll4]

R/89
ranged-touch-attack:[roll5]
Fire damage: [roll6]

THEChanger
2011-06-17, 03:56 PM
Germanus landed infront of the fleeing undead, and brought his scythe down with holy might envigorating his muscles.

Flying into the adjacent space, then down to where I can reach DF2. Not sure if that still provokes an AoO, but probably.
In any case, I still got 3 Smites to use, since the last attack was never initiated. So, HAVE AT THEE, FOUL BEAST!
To Hit - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]+[roll2]
I think a 42 hits. Actually, that's a critical. So, the 1d6 from Heavenly Burst becomes a 1d10. Huh. :/

JollyChris
2011-06-17, 10:26 PM
After witnessing Stretin becoming petrified Gunnar laughs "Foul creatures such tricks won't work on me"
He then charges into the mist and slashes at one of the recently summoned wolves. Swift action to enter the Absolute steel stance. Charge to I 81 and attack the wolf.
Damage:[roll1] (if the wolf is evil add[roll2])

drack
2011-06-17, 11:17 PM
Round 3
A terrifying shriek rings out (Gunnar with his constant comprehend languages understands, below), and a pale ghost of the first dark figure rises back up with a look of pure debilitation pain on his face

jolly
You find that this language has a word... (if you can call it that) for saying someone is a miserable useless sap that fails at even death and that they should go back to their task if for no better reason than to be unmade... what a handy 'word' :smallbiggrin:

Vampire two stands on his feet swaying.

After witnessing Stretin becoming petrified Gunnar laughs "Foul creatures such tricks won't work on me"
He then charges into the mist and slashes at on of the recently summoned wolves knocking one well into the air letting it fall as a crumpled mass.

Jimym drops the javelin in his right hand, which vanishes before hitting the ground. Almost as quickly another appears, but the tip is a strange yellow-green in color and it seems to ooze. fishing in his pouch, his left hand comes out with a small dart and what appears to be a minute organ. With a shout of Uvelucal vaess!Jimym throws his new javelin at the figure in the distance. As his left hand clenches tight the dart pierces the organ which disappears, subsumed in the spell. This spear strikes the vampire, but it hardly takes notice.

Nor'Delana flies forward and up before letting off a bead of fire from her staff to explode somewhere in the fog.

Stretin just stands around being paralyzed

Vaylorn stares at one of the wolves for a moment and then sends a quick pulse of mental energy at it launching it across the rough ground and leaving it inert.

the fourth figure draws his spiked chain and steps into the fray with Gunnar

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Germanus landed infront of the fleeing undead, and brought his scythe down with holy might envigorating his muscles, only to find himself also froze in place with a similar eerie flash of light. (and just to be clear I placed these things before you even heard of the house on the hill, so I'm not trying to spite anyone or anything, but since you're a PC, I'll just tell you ya got 4 rounds of paralysis, now 3)

The second figure seams to be ready for this as he makes two quick swipes of their chain against the paralyzed man

... well it kinda auto hits your new 9AC, so I'll just roll for crits
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Trying to get himself a better view over the situation, Tahrven flies closer and higher to the temple. As he ascends streams of fire emerge from his claws and condense into three balls of fire that circle around him, then flying off towards several wolves as he finishes his movement. The wolves cry out in agony as they burn to death leaving putrid half burnt corpses, and filing the area with the smell of burnt hair.

wolves

3 wolves charge Nor'Delana Gunnar, and the fourth to Stretin
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19]

and another goes for Gunnar
[roll20]
[roll21]

map: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tq-ZT44dxfTxSEh0johvAXg&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0

I think that's everything

JollyChris
2011-06-17, 11:26 PM
Gunnar focuses on slaying the foe who tried to hit him with a chain.
Swift action follwed by full attack to regain spent maneuvers.
Damge:[roll1]+[roll2]
Hit:[roll3]
Damge:[roll4]+[roll5]
Hit:[roll6]
Damge:[roll7]+[roll8]

Lyndworm
2011-06-18, 12:58 PM
Jimym moves swiftly to the North-West. On his way, he hurls the javelin in his right hand before summoning another. Once within range of the original dark figure Jimym slams the end of his javelin into the creature, then throws it at the wolf threatening Stretin.

Full-Round action to perform a Hurling Charge, tossing a thrown weapon during movement (which ends in 88J). Swift action to throw another javelin as per Tormtor School. Power Throwing for -3/+3, Power Attacking for -3/+6. Using Shock Trooper to change the to-hit penalty to an AC penalty. Using Leap Attack to increase the PT/PA damage by 100% (the DC 20 check is an auto-success).

Potential Attacks:
Ranged Attack 1 (vDF1-):
[roll0] +4 (greater heroism) 38

Ranged Damage 1 (vDF1):
[roll1]

Melee Attack (vDF1):
[roll2] +4 (greater heroism) 43

Melee Damage (vDF1):
[roll3]

Ranged Attack 2 (vW-87M):
[roll4] +4 (greater heroism) 34

Ranged Damage 2 (vW-87M):
[roll5]

Saidoro
2011-06-21, 01:38 PM
Vaylorn fires another beam of green light into the mist, aiming at one of the dimly visible figures threatening Germanus.

Nor'Delana flies into the mists, gaining more elevation as she does so and speaks a few words of power, causing a tangle of steel bands to materialize and throw themselves at the other figure.

Vaylorn tries to disintegrate DF1, using psionic endowment to boost the dc to 29 and refocusing as a move action.
Attack:[roll0]
Concealment: [roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Nor'Delana casts bands of steel on DF2, immobilizing it or entangling it if it fails a DC22 reflex save.

Re'ozul
2011-06-21, 05:53 PM
'They are starting to move too deep into fog to see whats going on. I have a feeling this is only just starting.'

Thinking to himself, he glides lower and enters into the Fog.
As he crosses the threshold, bits of wood shrapnel floats to his form and forms a single splinter of wood which then splits in three. As he finishes his movement they shoot off into a common suddenly enlarging into something even a giant would have trouble holding and zeroing in on the wolves around Gunnar.

Move to K84 now at 40' height.

Splinterbolt against the following wolves:
(The attack is normal, not touch; damage counts as piercing and magic for damage reduction)

Wolf H82
attack: [roll0] crit threat on 18-20
damage: [roll1] piercing damage

Wolf I82
attack: [roll2] crit threat on 18-20
damage: [roll3] piercing damage

Wolf J82
attack: [roll4] crit threat on 18-20
damage: [roll5] piercing damage

drack
2011-06-21, 10:32 PM
Round 4

The second figure continues to swey

Gunnar quickly handles the fourth figure hitting him hard enough that he joins the mist around him.

Jimym charges the original dark figure who had been barely holding the partials that made him up together, but this quickly changed as Jimym's spear sapped his remaining strength, than hurling another he hits the wolf in the side felling it with one blow.

Nor'Delana flies into the mists, gaining more elevation as she does so and speaks a few words of power, causing a tangle of steel bands to materialize and throw themselves at the other figure, binding the helpless undead

Stretin can twitch his fingers now, and will be able to act next round

Vaylorn fires another beam of green light into the mist, aiming at one of the dimly visible figures threatening Germanus, only to find his beam cut harmlessly through empty fog.

Germanus is paralyzed for 2 more rounds after this

'They are starting to move too deep into fog to see whats going on. I have a feeling this is only just starting.'

Thinking to himself, he glides lower and enters into the Fog.
As he crosses the threshold, bits of wood shrapnel floats to his form and forms a single splinter of wood which then splits in three. As he finishes his movement they shoot off into a common suddenly enlarging into something even a giant would have trouble holding and zeroing in on the wolves around Gunnar, killing them all on impact.

Wolves
more appear marching our from the fog as true predators, the remaining one from the first group calls out in a horse growl to the pack approaching, snapping again at the construct
[roll0]
[roll1]

Saidoro
2011-06-24, 10:59 AM
Vaylorn focuses his power inward, and then lifts himself off the ground with his force of will, moving up and forward into the fog.

Nor'Delana fires another bead of fire from her staff, hoping to eliminate some of the wolves before they get close.

Stretin moves forward cautiously, not wanting to set off any more traps but knowing that there likely aren't any too near to the one he already set off.

Vaylorn manifests psionic overland flight and moves to k90, gaining 10 feet in the process
Nor'Delana launches a fireball centered at b74. Reflex save DC 22 for half. (I'm assuming the glowing skulls aren't big enough to block line of effect.)
[roll0]
Stretin moves to L85, using stealth to avoid attracting any wolves
Hide:[roll1]
Move Silently:[roll2]

Lyndworm
2011-06-24, 01:52 PM
Again, Jimym rushes away, this time Northward bound. Chucking a javelin at the wolf threatening Gunnar as he runs, the man summons another only to leap up and slam it into his target wolf with both hands. Without hesitation, he hurls the javelin at a third wolf and summons yet another of the wooden weapons.

Another Full-Round action to perform a Hurling Charge, tossing a thrown weapon during movement (which ends in 80J). Swift action to throw another javelin as per Tormtor School. Power Throwing for -3/+3, Power Attacking for -3/+6. Using Shock Trooper to change the to-hit penalty to an AC penalty. Using Leap Attack to increase the PT/PA damage by 100% (the DC 20 check is an auto-success).

Potential Attacks:
Ranged Attack 1 (vW-81H):
[roll0]

Ranged Damage 1 (vW-81H):
[roll1]

Melee Attack (vW-79J):
[roll2]

Melee Damage (vW-79J):
[roll3]

Ranged Attack 2 (vW-77H):
[roll4]

Ranged Damage 2 (vW-77H):
[roll5]

Re'ozul
2011-06-27, 05:28 PM
As the eagle keeps circling in the air a light grows in its claws eventually erupting into a flame.

circling at 40' height (ending in the same square) and casting produce flame.

drack
2011-07-09, 05:50 AM
Round 5

The second figure is still there and helpless

Gunnar falls through a passing inter-planer rift and ceases to exist

Again, Jimym rushes away, this time Northward bound. Chucking a javelin at the wolf threatening Gunnar as he runs, the man summons another only to leap up and slam it into his target wolf with both hands. Without hesitation, he hurls the javelin at a third wolf and summons yet another of the wooden weapons.

Nor'Delana fires another bead of fire from her staff, hoping to eliminate some of the wolves before they get close, and incinerating three on the spot.

Stretin moves forward cautiously, not wanting to set off any more traps but knowing that there likely aren't any too near to the one he already set off. Luckily he doesn't hit another... for now at least.

Vaylorn focuses his power inward, and then lifts himself off the ground with his force of will, moving up and forward into the fog, allowing it to fall past him as waves of silk.

Germanus is out for one more round.

As the eagle keeps circling in the air a light grows in its claws eventually erupting into a flame, causing the cool mist to turn to hot steam, which is rather unpleasant against his feathered wings.

the remaining wolves quickly run to surround Jimym as more pore out of the fog. (oddly enough two wolves stop short at spaces H-31&L-31, and instead circle around to J-78, and J-82) All the same they ruthlessly tear at his bare legs with their teeth.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Map https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CJHe4LoO&key=tq-ZT44dxfTxSEh0johvAXg&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0

Lyndworm
2011-07-09, 02:52 PM
Miraculously dodging the wolves' many mouths, Jimym returns the favor. Taking a very brief moment to concentrate, he lets out his breath and the javelin, now gripped in both hands, is thrust at three of the surrounding wolves and thrown at a fourth.

Full-attacking the wolves in 79I, 79J, and 79K. Swift action to throw the javelin at the wolf in 81K, as per Tormtor school. Sacrificing a burning blood through Arcane strike to provide all attacks with a +4/+4d4. Power Attacking for -4/+8 melee, +4 ranged.

Potential Attacks:
Melee Attack 1 (vW-79I):
[roll0]

Melee Damage 1 (vW-79I):
[roll1]
[roll2]

Melee Attack 2 (vW-79J):
[roll3]

Melee Damage 2 (vW-79J):
[roll4]
[roll5]

Melee Attack 3 (vW-79K):
[roll6]

Melee Damage 3 (vW-79K):
[roll7]
[roll8]

Ranged Attack (vW-81K):
[roll9]

Ranged Damage (vW-81K):
[roll10]
[roll11]

Re'ozul
2011-07-11, 05:50 PM
As the eagle circles it swoops downward for a moment releasing two Blasts of fire in rapid succession. Not trusting himself to attack the wolves right next to his friend, Tahrven tries to hit the wolves that are moving into positions to attack.

Using produce Flame as a ranged touch attack:

Wolf L/74
attack: [roll0] vs touch
damage: [roll1] fire

Wolf L/74 again if still alive or Wolf J/73 if not
attack: [roll2] vs touch
damage: [roll3] fire

Produce Flame 14 minutes/shots remaining

OOC: Damn you RNG for giving me such poor damage

Saidoro
2011-07-11, 11:24 PM
Vaylorn flies forward and sends a burst of mental energy at one of the wolves threatening Jimym.
Nor'Delana flies ahead and fires another fireball.
Stretin moves slowly through the fog before unleashing a vast number of crossbow bolts at the nearby wolves his hands a blur as he rapidly loads his two crossbows.

Vaylorn flies to I83, maintaining altitude and mindthrusts the wolf at I81 for 5, expending psionic focus to raise the DC to 26
[roll0]
Nor'Delana moves to I88 maintaining altitude and fireballs b74 reflex 22 for half again.
[roll1]
Stretin moves to L82 still hiding and attacks the wolves at J 81 and 82 with 3 bolts each.
Hide:[roll2]
Attack 1:[roll]1d20+12[roll]
Concealment 1:[roll3]
Damage 1: [roll4]
Sneak Attack 1: [roll5]

Attack 2:[roll]1d20+12[roll]
Concealment 2:[roll6]
Damage 2: [roll7]
Sneak Attack 2: [roll8]

Attack 3:[roll]1d20+12[roll]
Concealment 3:[roll9]
Damage 3: [roll10]
Sneak Attack 3: [roll11]

Attack 4:[roll]1d20+12[roll]
Concealment 4:[roll12]
Damage 4: [roll13]
Sneak Attack 4: [roll14]

Attack 5:[roll]1d20+12[roll]
Concealment 5:[roll15]
Damage 5: [roll16]
Sneak Attack 5: [roll17]

Attack 6:[roll]1d20+12[roll]
Concealment 6:[roll18]
Damage 6: [roll19]
Sneak Attack 6: [roll20]

drack
2011-07-12, 07:41 AM
Round 6
Second figure continues to stare blankly at the mist filled sky

Miraculously dodging the wolves' many mouths, Jimym returns the favor. Taking a very brief moment to concentrate, he lets out his breath and the javelin, now gripped in both hands, is thrust at three of the surrounding wolves and thrown at a fourth causing all four wolves to cry their last breath before death takes them.

Nor'Delana flies ahead and fires another fireball, instantly flash frying the remaining wolves (Jimym gets to attempt the save too)

Stretin moves slowly through the fog before unleashing a vast number of crossbow bolts at the nearby wolves his hands a blur as he rapidly loads his two crossbows, having successfully riddled two mounds of molten spear jabbed flesh with bolts.

Vaylorn flies forward and sends a burst of mental energy at one of the wolves threatening Jimym, adding more insult to injury by splattering one of the piles of molten flesh over the ground.

Finally Germanus regains mobility.

As the eagle circles it swoops downward for a moment releasing two Blasts of fire in rapid succession. Not trusting himself to attack the wolves right next to his friend, Tahrven tries to hit the wolves that are moving into positions to attack, but only manages to burn the knees and tail of one of them.

The remaining wolves charge as yet more come forth from the mist in yet larger numbers.

on Jimym
attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
attack [roll2] damage [roll3]

Edit 2: Dark Figure two suddenly notices that he had been starring up at the sky while everyone fought around him. Regretfully he turns from the bare neck before him,,, becoming a wolf himself, and quickly becoming lost in the pack.
Edit:
Jimym, you suddenly realize that all the wolves surrounding you are female... unfortunately you're not quite sure if you're happy about that or not... I mean on the one side you are surrounded by girls what wanna eat you up, on the other hand you may not want to be eaten up yet, and to prevent such an outcome you may need to hit a girl... actually more like a harem worth of 'em... I mean you are going on forty and not that good looking, so this is kind of a new experience. :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2011-07-12, 03:07 PM
Jimym gasps as he realizes what he's done, and it takes him longer than usual to summon the javelin that appears in his right hand. Taking a very brief moment to concentrate, he again lets out his breath and the javelin, now gripped in both hands, is still thrust at three of the surrounding wolves and thrown at a fourth, just as before. Jimym's not as happy slaying the beasts as he was seconds before, but his unhappiness hasn't stopped him from doing something in a long time.

Free action to create the force javelin. Full-attacking the wolves in 79I, 79J, and 79K. Swift action to throw the javelin at the wolf in 81K, as per Tormtor school. Sacrificing a burning blood through Arcane Strike to provide all attacks with a +4/+4d4. Power Attacking for -4/+8 melee, +4 ranged.

Potential Attacks:
Melee Attack 1 (vW-79I):
[roll0]

Melee Damage 1 (vW-79I):
[roll1]
[roll2]

Melee Attack 2 (vW-79J):
[roll3]

Melee Damage 2 (vW-79J):
[roll4]
[roll5]

Melee Attack 3 (vW-79K):
[roll6]

Melee Damage 3 (vW-79K):
[roll7]
[roll8]

Ranged Attack (vW-81K):
[roll9]

Ranged Damage (vW-81K):
[roll10]
[roll11]

Re'ozul
2011-07-18, 02:36 PM
Even though it doesn't seem to work too well, Tahrven tries the same thing again. Inwardly however he is cursing himself that he did not prepare for this eventuality.

Wolf Q/88

Wolf Q/88 again if still alive or Wolf P/89 if not

Produce Flame 12 minutes/shots remaining

THEChanger
2011-07-19, 12:06 AM
Finally freed of the force which held his body, Germanus took to the skies once more, and flew to Jimym's defense. Landing, Germanus took a swing at one of the wolves around his friend. "Lovely night for a hunt, isn't it?"
Flying to 82J. Smacking wolf at 81J.
Neither human nor undead. How disappointing.
[roll0]
Wolf is le evil? I hope so. I need more damage.
Scythe Damage-[roll1]
Blessed Damage-[roll2]
Heavenly Damage-[roll3]

drack
2011-07-19, 01:56 PM
Round 7
Jimym gasps as he realizes what he's done, and it takes him longer than usual to summon the javelin that appears in his right hand. Taking a very brief moment to concentrate, he again lets out his breath and the javelin, now gripped in both hands, is still thrust at three of the surrounding wolves and thrown at a fourth, just as before. Jimym's not as happy slaying the beasts as he was seconds before, but his unhappiness hasn't stopped him from doing something in a long time.

Nor'Delana hovers in place

Stretin remains hidden

Vaylorn hovers in place

Finally freed of the force which held his body, Germanus took to the skies once more, and flew to Jimym's defense. Landing, Germanus took a swing at one of the wolves around his friend. "Lovely night for a hunt, isn't it?"
Unfortunately he failed to kill the wolf as it is neutral not evil. :smallfrown:

Even though it doesn't seem to work too well, Tahrven tries the same thing again. Inwardly however he is cursing himself that he did not prepare for this eventuality. Fortunately this time he was able to take one out, singing it's flank, than it's nose.

Dark figure 2 uses a dominate on Beatus who gets a will save 13 to resist joining the pack against you.

the wolves circle and close in on you lot, and soon all of you who aren't in flight are surrounded by snapping jaws.

on Jimym
attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage
attack [roll2] for [roll3] damage
attack [roll4] for [roll5] damage
attack [roll6] for [roll7] damage
attack [roll8] for [roll9] damage
attack [roll10] for [roll11] damage

On Germanus
attack [roll12] for [roll13] damage
attack [roll14] for [roll15] damage
attack [roll16] for [roll17] damage
attack [roll18] for [roll19] damage
attack [roll20] for [roll21] damage
attack [roll22] for [roll23] damage
attack [roll24] for [roll25] damage
attack [roll26] for [roll27] damage

Map: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CJHe4LoO&key=0AqrKlOMj1BaLdHEtWlQ0NGR4ZlR4U0VoMGpvaHZBWGc&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0

Lyndworm
2011-07-19, 10:34 PM
Still finding himself surrounded by wolves, Jimym manages to evade their attacks and repeat his previous actions. After a moment's focus, he summons a javelin and thrusts it at three of the wolves surrounding him and again hurls it at a fourth.

Free action to create the force javelin. Full-attacking the wolves in 79I, 79J, and 79K. Swift action to throw the javelin at the wolf in 81K, as per Tormtor school. Sacrificing a defenestrating sphere through Arcane Strike to provide all attacks with a +4/+4d4. Power Attacking for -4/+8 melee, +4 ranged.

Potential Attacks:
Melee Attack 1 (vW-79I):
[roll0]

Melee Damage 1 (vW-79I):
[roll1]
[roll2]

Melee Attack 2 (vW-79J):
[roll3]

Melee Damage 2 (vW-79J):
[roll4]
[roll5]

Melee Attack 3 (vW-79K):
[roll6]

Melee Damage 3 (vW-79K):
[roll7]
[roll8]

Ranged Attack (vW-81K):
[roll9]

Ranged Damage (vW-81K):
[rollv]1d6+11[rollv]
[roll10]

Saidoro
2011-07-22, 10:29 PM
Vaylorn waves his arm in the direction of the wolves threatening Germanus and speaks, his voice taking on an odd echoing quality.
By the might of Shan and the Authority of the Inquisition you are ordered to aid Shan's chosen against the enemies of all Life!

Nor'Delana Turns around and flies towards the stairs muttering an incantation as she does so.

Stretin takes a step back and opens fire on the nearby wolves, marveling over how they somehow didn't see him.

Vaylorn uses psionic dominate using 1 power point to change the duration to 1 hour, 8 powerpoints to add 4 targets and using his 1/day thrallherd cost reductor thingy to reduce the cost to 6. The wolves at 81H and I, 82J and 83 I and J must make a DC 25 will save or be dominated for 1 hour.

Nor'Delana moves to I96 and casts protection from evil, holding the charge to use next turn.

Stretin will take a 5-ft step to M83 and open fire on the wolves in 81K, 81L and 82 K with 2 bolts each.
Hide:[roll0]
Attack 1:[roll1]
Concealment 1:[roll2]
Damage 1: [roll3]
Sneak Attack 1: [roll4]

Attack 2:[roll5]

Attack 3:[roll9]
Concealment 3:[roll10]
Damage 3: [roll11]
Sneak Attack 3: [roll12]

Attack 4:[roll13]
Concealment 4:[roll14]
Damage 4: [roll15]
Sneak Attack 4: [roll16]

Attack 5:[roll17]
Concealment 5:[roll18]
Damage 5: [roll19]
Sneak Attack 5: [roll20]

Attack 6:[roll21]
Concealment 6:[roll22]
Damage 6: [roll23]
Sneak Attack 6: [roll24]

Re'ozul
2011-07-23, 05:41 AM
Tahrven feels like a one trick pony at the moment, even though he is currently in the form of an eagle.

Wolf L/86

Wolf L/86 again if still alive or Wolf M/89 if not

Produce Flame 10 minutes/shots remaining

drack
2011-07-27, 10:20 PM
Round 8

Still finding himself surrounded by wolves, Jimym manages to evade their attacks and repeat his previous actions. After a moment's focus, he summons a javelin and thrusts it at three of the wolves surrounding him and again hurls it at a fourth, again slaying the wolves who quickly fill in ranks.

Nor'Delana Turns around and flies towards the stairs muttering an incantation as she does so.

Stretin takes a step back and opens fire on the nearby wolves, marveling over how they somehow didn't see him as he quickly silences the wolves.

Vaylorn waves his arm in the direction of the wolves threatening Germanus and speaks, his voice taking on an odd echoing quality.
By the might of Shan and the Authority of the Inquisition you are ordered to aid Shan's chosen against the enemies of all Life!

Tahrven feels like a one trick pony at the moment, even though he is currently in the form of an eagle. He incinerates another all the same.

the possessed wolves quickly turn on each other.due to me not wanting to use this roller for a bunch of NPC on NPC rolls I'm just gonna use the srd dice-bag for it :smalltongue:

Lyndworm
2011-07-28, 12:33 AM
Although the wolves are thinning, Jimym pretty much continues to repeat his previous actions. He summons a javelin and thrusts it at three of the wolves surrounding him and again hurls it at a fourth.

Free action to create the force javelin. Full-attacking the wolves in 81I, 81J, and 81K. Swift action to throw the javelin at the wolf in 82K, as per Tormtor school. Power Attacking for -4/+8 melee, +4 ranged.

Potential Attacks:
Melee Attack 1 (vW-81I):
[roll0]

Melee Damage 1 (vW-81I):
[roll1]

Melee Attack 2 (vW-781J):
[roll2]

Melee Damage 2 (vW-81J):
[roll3]

Melee Attack 3 (vW-81K):
[roll4]

Melee Damage 3 (vW-81K):
[roll5]

Ranged Attack (vW-82K):
[roll6]

Ranged Damage (vW-82K):
[roll7]

Re'ozul
2011-08-01, 11:41 AM
Like Jymim, Tahrven simply repeats the same actions as the only spells that could affect many of the wolves at once would be wasted on them.

Wolf J/83

Wolf J/83 again if still alive or Wolf J/84 if not

Produce Flame 8 minutes/shots remaining

THEChanger
2011-08-01, 06:33 PM
Germanus takes his scythe to the wolf nearest to him, slicing deep into the wolf's skin.
Full attack on 81-I wolf.
Attack one.
To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]
Attack two
To Hit-[roll2]
Damage-[roll3]
Attack three
To Hit-[roll4]
Damage-[roll5]
Attack four
To Hit-[roll6]
Damage-[roll7]
If(when) the wolf dies before my routine is done, I guess I switch over to the 82-H wolf to finish him off.

Saidoro
2011-08-01, 08:29 PM
Vaylorn glares at one of the wolves beneath him and strikes out at it with his mind.

Nor'Delana continues flying towards Beatus, holding the charge on her previously cast spell.

Stretin continues shooting at wolves.

Vaylorn mindthrusts for 3d10 the wolf at 88K and take a move action to regain psionic focus. DC 23 will negates.
[roll0]

Nor'Delana moves to 103I and drops 5 ft.

Stretin attacks the wolves at 81, 82 and 83 K with 2 bolts each.
Hide:[roll1]
Attack 1:[roll2]
Concealment 1:[roll3]
Damage 1: [roll4]
Sneak Attack 1: [roll5]

Attack 2:[roll6]
Concealment 2:[roll7]
Damage 2: [roll8]
Sneak Attack 2: [roll9]

Attack 3:[roll10]
Concealment 3:[roll11]
Damage 3: [roll12]
Sneak Attack 3: [roll13]

Attack 4:[roll14]
Concealment 4:[roll15]
Damage 4: [roll16]
Sneak Attack 4: [roll17]

Attack 5:[roll18]
Concealment 5:[roll19]
Damage 5: [roll20]
Sneak Attack 5: [roll21]

Attack 6:[roll22]
Concealment 6:[roll23]
Damage 6: [roll24]
Sneak Attack 6: [roll25]

drack
2011-08-02, 10:06 AM
Round 9

Although the wolves are thinning, Jimym pretty much continues to repeat his previous actions. He summons a javelin and thrusts it at three of the wolves surrounding him and again hurls it at a fourth, successfully clearing a space around him of the wolves.

Nor'Delana continues flying towards Beatus, holding the charge on her previously cast spell.

Stretin continues shooting at wolves, pricking two tat Jimym downed, and downing another.

Vaylorn glares at one of the wolves beneath him and strikes out at it with his mind thrusting it into the ground with enough force to snap it's neck.

Germanus takes his scythe to the wolf nearest to him, slicing deep into the fallen wolf's skin.

Like Jymim, Tahrven simply repeats the same actions as the only spells that could affect many of the wolves at once would be wasted on them. All the same he manages to down two wolves, unfortunately one had been under the control of his ally.

The wolves continue to hunt their brethren, tearing savagely into the flesh of the traitors.

Beatus charges up to Germanous to stare into the eyes of his former master. As he does a deep animalistic growl quakes his frame.

Re'ozul
2011-08-02, 10:23 AM
Flying eights in the air, Tahrvens thoughts have become rather monotonous.

'Circle, target, aim, shoot, circle, target, aim, shoot ... I wonder where they called all those wolves from. If they are standard summons its no problem but if they are the local wolves then we are seriously upsetting the natural balance right now. I guess at least the people in the village might be glad in the latter case.'

Wolf J/86

Wolf J/86 again if still alive or Wolf K/84 if not

Produce Flame 6 minutes/shots remaining

Lyndworm
2011-08-02, 03:13 PM
Jimym continues attacking the wolves around himself, thrusting his javelin into the two at his side. He throws that javelin at the wounded wolf threatening Germanus before summoning a second javelin, hurling it at a fourth wolf.

Free actions to create the force javelins. Full-attacking the wolves in 80I, 81I, and 83H (ranged). Swift action to throw the javelin at the wolf in 82H, as per Tormtor school. Power Attacking for -4/+8 melee, +4 ranged.

Potential Attacks:
Melee Attack 1 (vW-80I):
[roll0]

Melee Damage 1 (vW-80I):
[roll1]

Melee Attack 2 (vW-811I):
[roll2]

Melee Damage 2 (vW-81I):
[roll3]

Ranged Attack 1 (vW-83H):
[roll4]

Ranged Damage 1 (vW-83H):
[roll5]

Ranged Attack 2 (vW-82H):
[roll6]

Ranged Damage 2 (vW-82H):
[roll7]

Saidoro
2011-08-02, 08:46 PM
Vaylorn decides to let the people who don't have a limit on how often they can use their powers take care of the wolves, just hovering in place.

Nor'Delana turns around quickly and flies after Beatus, grumbling under her breath about how fast wolves are.

Stretin stalks through the fog, avoiding the wolf below Tahrven and shoots at another of the nearby wolves.
Nor'Delana moves to 92J
Stretin moves to 82J and attacks the wolf in 84J
Hide:[roll0]

drack
2011-08-09, 02:08 PM
Round 10
Jimym continues attacking the wolves around himself, thrusting his javelin into the two at his side. He throws that javelin at the wounded wolf threatening Germanus before summoning a second javelin, hurling it at a fourth wolf. This time however the first wolf Jimym stabs keeps standing and fights back.

Nor'Delana turns around quickly and flies after Beatus, grumbling under her breath about how fast wolves are.

Stretin stalks through the fog, avoiding the wolf below Tahrven and shoots at another of the nearby wolves.

Vaylorn decides to let the people who don't have a limit on how often they can use their powers take care of the wolves, just hovering in place.

Flying eights in the air, Tahrvens thoughts have become rather monotonous.

'Circle, target, aim, shoot, circle, target, aim, shoot ... I wonder where they called all those wolves from. If they are standard summons its no problem but if they are the local wolves then we are seriously upsetting the natural balance right now. I guess at least the people in the village might be glad in the latter case.'
standard summons disappear in a poof of smoke when they die, I generally treat vampire summons as local wolves unless it's a necromancer cheating for extra bodies, and this one doesn't care much for a few wolves, not to mention other ecosystems could still be hurt by summons dying...

The wolves turn back to the fleshy humans, snapping hungrily at them as the recently stabbed wolf shifts back to his vampiric form and begins swinging his spiked chain.

Jimym
Germanus

Beatus charges Germanus (I don't have his stats, so you can roll for him :smallbiggrin:)

Map: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tq-ZT44dxfTxSEh0johvAXg&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0

Lyndworm
2011-08-09, 02:30 PM
Again dodging the wolves' attacks, Jimym keeps up his assault. The nearly naked man continues thrusting his javelin into the creatures around himself, and throwing it once more.

So many mooks...

Free action to summon a new javelin, full-round action to full-attack, swift action to Tormtor (you know the drill). Each attack is aimed at the vampire in I80, but if it falls then the attacks shift to some of the wolves threatening Jimym (pick randomly, it doesn't really matter). Power Attacking/Throwing for -3.

Potential Attacks:
Melee Attack 1:
[roll0]

Melee Damage 1:
[roll1]

Melee Attack 2:
[roll2]

Melee Damage 2:
[roll3]

Melee Attack 3:
[roll4]

Melee Damage 3:
[roll5]

Ranged Attack:
[roll6]

Ranged Damage:
[roll7]

THEChanger
2011-08-09, 04:00 PM
Germanus dodged the first wolf, and spun about to find Beatus attacking him. Beatus, please stop! It's me, Germanus. Your friend. Your companion. We have hunted together. Remember who you are!"

Alright then, let's roll attack and damage for Beatus:
Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]
And now, I'm sure as Hells not attacking Beatus. He's got 3 Hit Points left. So, I'm going to try a Handle Animal check, see if I can snap him back to me. It's my only option, since none of my spells can Heal/Fix Enchantments. So, here goes nothing.
Handle Animal-[roll2]

Re'ozul
2011-08-11, 07:31 AM
Noticing Germanus pleading to his companion, Tahrven decides that perhaps helping ones comapnion is better than hoarding spells for possible eventualities and tries to rip whatever magic is controlling Beatus away.

Targetted Greater Dispel Magic:
Caster level Check: [roll0]
as I assume its only one spell/effect

Saidoro
2011-08-15, 12:10 AM
Vaylorn continues floating.

Nor'Delana flies forward to deliver her now somewhat redundant spell, hoping to stop it from happening again.

Stretin steps to the side and keeps shooting wolves.

Nor'Delana delays to after Tahrven's turn then charges Beatus with a touch attack delivering the protection from evil. She should end in I83 5' above the ground.

Stretin takes a 5' step to K83 then attacks the wolves at K81, K79 and I83 with 2 bolts each.
Hide: [roll0]

Attack 2:[roll5]

Attack 3:[roll9]
Concealment 3:[roll10]
Damage 3: [roll11]
Sneak Attack 3: [roll12]

Attack 4:[roll13]
Concealment 4:[roll14]
Damage 4: [roll15]
Sneak Attack 4: [roll16]

Attack 5:[roll17]
Concealment 5:[roll18]
Damage 5: [roll19]
Sneak Attack 5: [roll20]

Attack 6:[roll21]
Concealment 6:[roll22]
Damage 6: [roll23]
Sneak Attack 6: [roll24]

drack
2011-08-15, 01:11 PM
Round 11
Again dodging the wolves' attacks, Jimym keeps up his assault. The nearly naked man continues thrusting his javelin into the creatures around himself, and throwing it once more. As your spear pierces it's leg it swerves it's head to catch your spear in it's powerful jaws, yet just as quickly you dematerialize your spear, only to summon another in a low thrust to the guts. As the vampire turned back to gas and begins slipping into the ground a third stab disrupts it's unstable form, and it dissipates in a puff of cool air. Finally you throw the bloodied javelin slaying another wolf.

Stretin steps to the side and keeps shooting wolves.

Vaylorn continues floating.

Germanus dodged the first wolf, and spun about to find Beatus attacking him. Beatus, please stop! It's me, Germanus. Your friend. Your companion. We have hunted together. Remember who you are!"

Noticing Germanus pleading to his companion, Tahrven decides that perhaps helping ones companion is better than hoarding spells for possible eventualities and tries to rip whatever magic is controlling Beatus away.

Nor'Delana flies forward to deliver her now somewhat redundant spell, hoping to stop it from happening again.

Through the combined efforts of his allies Beatus is freed from the vampires control.

The remaining wolves attack germanus.
[roll0] for [roll1] damage
[roll2] for [roll3] damage
[roll4] for [roll5] damage

map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CJHe4LoO&key=0AqrKlOMj1BaLdHEtWlQ0NGR4ZlR4U0VoMGpvaHZBWGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0

Lyndworm
2011-08-16, 03:42 PM
Jimym continues to attack the wolves.

Free action to summon a new javelin, full-round action to full-attack. Each attack is aimed at the wolf in J82, but if that wolf goes down the attacks shift to H82, then K84. Power Throwing for -3.

Potential Attacks:
Ranged Attack 1:
[roll0]

Ranged Damage 1:
[roll1]

Ranged Attack 2:
[roll2]

Ranged Damage 2:
[roll3]

Ranged Attack 3:
[roll4]

Ranged Damage 3:
[roll5]

drack
2011-08-20, 08:03 PM
Round 12
Jimym continues to attack the wolves... and kills all the standing ones

Finally the battlefield falls quiet as the mist conceals the corpses it is almost as if they never were. All remains silent for a moment as the eerie purplish glow continues to illuminate the mist in it's flickering designs. The field remains as daunting as ever with the house peeking over the house in the distance, and the light casting skulls still smelling as evil as ever. A shriek rises from the house, a reminder that there may yet be horrors untold even without the vampires. The streak is it telling you to go away before death takes you if anyone has comprehend language type spells up

Lyndworm
2011-08-20, 10:05 PM
Jimym begins marching up the stairs once more. "Alright, fellows," calls the man. "Let us drag this beast back to the Capitol and have Shan sort it out!"

Re'ozul
2011-08-21, 07:33 AM
Tahrven descends to the ground and turns elf once more. The fire that was formerly held in his claws he now holds in his hands.

"I don't know. This kind of swarm tactic is somewhat suspicious. This was probably just done to delay us. We should expect either more serious resistance soon or at least some temporary traps.
I also do not like these skulls, they are most likely related to the fog somehow, but as it doesn't appear to do anything but hinder our sight I'd rather not chance some greater trap by destroying them."

Saidoro
2011-08-21, 10:52 AM
Vaylorn floats forward and towards the ground coming to a stop amongst the rest of the group. He glances at Stretin and Nor'Delana for a moment, discussing their options over the mindlink and then opens communication to the rest of the party.
**It will take several minutes for Stretin to ensure there are no trap between here and the door, if any of you have a way to sweep the traps more quickly I suggest you use it.**

Stretin, meanwhile reloads his crossbows and then takes several more bolts from his haversack placing them in his belt pouch for easy access.

Re'ozul
2011-08-21, 11:08 AM
Cycling through his memory, Tahrven searches for anything that could help, only coming up with merely one.

"I have one casting of Arcane sight prepared, this would allow at least me to see the aurae of any magical traps which I then could point out to him. However, I would still not have any means of locating mundane traps."

Lyndworm
2011-08-26, 03:38 PM
"Rather than wasting time searching for traps of any sort, why do we not bypass them entirely?" asks Jimym. "Tahrven, do you think your great bird can carry us all across the way?"

Re'ozul
2011-08-27, 05:24 PM
"He certainly can, Especially as I could fly as well. Though I would suggest meeting Toruk outside of the mist."

Having said his part, Tahrven walks towards the stairs they came up when they arrived and establishes his empathic link with Toruk, sending the feeling of needing him.

Lyndworm
2011-08-27, 08:49 PM
Jimym nods and follows behind Tahrven silently.

drack
2011-08-27, 09:15 PM
Toruk arrives in a great flapping of feathery wings with a half eaten deer in his jaws.

THEChanger
2011-08-27, 11:28 PM
Germanus and Beatus walked out of the mist together. Kneeling before his companion, Germanus sighed. "Beatus, I do not have the magic to heal or protect you. I need you to wait for me. Leave the grounds of this temple. You must make yourself safe, and wait for my return." Beatus nuzzled Germanus' hand, and bolted off into the night. Germanus stood, and spoke the command word to activate his wings. "I'm ready. Let's go."

Re'ozul
2011-08-28, 04:19 AM
"Hello my friend. I am somewhat ashamed to ask such a trivial task of you, but our enemies have trapped the short way to the temple behind me and the fog might hold additional problems. We simply do not have the time to neutralize those so easily. I therefore ask of you that you carry my companions over the fog and onto the temple so as to bypass them. The best path would most likely be to ascend high and then drop sharply to the temple roof to avoid enemies taking shots at us."

Saidoro
2011-08-30, 11:52 PM
Stretin walks out of the mist with Vaylorn and Nor'Delana floating behind him.

"I should probably be carried over first, that way I can start checking for traps around the door."

drack
2011-09-05, 08:51 PM
"He lands outside the fog at the stairs.
Once everyone has boarded, he ascends in a wide quarter circle counter clockwise around the mist to a height of 200'.
If he is not shot at, he moves directly over the temple and nose dives down to the temple. This means he descend 160' with one move action, then catches himself and descends the rest at a more leisure pace." ~lazy quote from PM
germanus

With Beatus safely out of the way your feeling reassured. The others fly up on the great bird, and over the mist you can see them circle cautiously before plunging in, but seconds later you hear a great cry of anguish from the bird before all goes silent, and the mist continues to swirl underfoot.

everyone else

you feel the bird's strong muscles working to lift you all off the ground. Gracefully it swerves through the air above the gray mist accenting it's snow wight feathers. Than as a bird of prey it dives into the mist, and as it falls twin jets of black fire appear as if out of nowhere catching the bird in it's wings. The next thing you know you're all sprawled on the ground around the great bird, and from above you hear someone say "Tisk tisk tisk tisk..." in a soft whisper that sends shivers coursing down your bruised spine. Above you the House on the hill towers in all of it's unpleasant glory, it's doors look mostly rotten, but it was so huge to begin with that it looks sturdy enough for a house. It's walls are a few feet thick with rotting wood, and a knowledge religion check 20 reveals that it is built as many an old monastery were a century or two ago, meant to hold tens of monks and to be defensible in the case of an attack.

Bird gets DC20 reflex save for half [roll0]
and some falling damage for the lot of you. [roll1] (if you take less dice drop the latter ones)

THEChanger
2011-09-05, 10:16 PM
Germanus heard the great bird shriek in pain. Oh no. Activating his own wings, Germanus burst forward towards the house, flying slightly lower than the eagle did, so as to try and avoid the same fate.
Taking this flight at 100 feet. Hopefully I won't get hit by whatever took out birdy. I'm taking a straight shot up to the house at 100 feet, until I get within 50 feet. Then, a slow spiral down to the location of my allies, provided I can see them. If not, where I guess their approxamite location is.

Lyndworm
2011-09-06, 02:33 AM
Twisting through the air like a cat, Jimym manages to land in a way that does not kill him outright. Though wounded, the man drags himself to his feat and calls "OK, who's dead, and who's limping?"

Re'ozul
2011-09-06, 04:30 AM
Tahrven slowly glides to the ground after being thrown off Toruk. After landing he moves to his friend and checks him over for how heavy his injuries are.

"I am sorry my friend, they reacted faster than I had expected. It is my fault you are now injured. Be assured however, I will do my best that they will not be able to do this again after this day. I will end them."

No falling damage for Tahrven on account of Ring of feather fall.
Reflex save for Toruk: [roll0]

drack
2011-09-06, 05:39 AM
Germanus
you manage to cross the area unaccosted, and in landing you manage to locate the mess that is your comrades.
Tahrven
The roc can still fly, it's just that it's wings have been made tender by twin blasts of flame, and the shock of it's wings feeling like they were burning caused it to fall. Don't forget that it gets falling damage too.

Saidoro
2011-09-10, 08:40 AM
Vaylorn and Nor'Delana both lift off from the bird under their own power as it falls and then fly down to meet the team on the ground.
Stretin, meanwhile, inexplicably lacks the ability to tumble and so hits the ground at full force.

drack
2011-09-13, 08:02 PM
The fog continues to swirl as you decide if it's safe to think. :smallsigh::smallwink:

Lyndworm
2011-09-14, 02:22 AM
Looking around and seeing that everyone seems to be alright, Jimym heads towards the enormous house before the group.

drack
2011-09-14, 08:02 AM
The doors loom overhead, and it is clear that the agents of decay have long since began their work. The door is old and wooden. By the looks of it once large enough to fit a palace it is now rotten, and covered in slimy critters. All the same it hangs unbarred on it's ancient hinges support
the double doors as one may support a dying soldier.

Lyndworm
2011-09-15, 02:32 AM
Standing a bit back from the immense doors so that he has a good view, Jimym twists his hand into an ancient symbol and says "Ickrak'ey arcaniss!"

Casting detect magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectMagic.htm).

drack
2011-09-15, 03:57 AM
You see no magic on the door it's self.

Re'ozul
2011-09-15, 05:54 PM
After making sure Toruk is mostly okay, Tahrven walks up next to Jimym.

"Did you sense any magic in the door?"

Lyndworm
2011-09-15, 07:01 PM
"Not in the door itself, no... There may be magic beyond it if it is thick enough to block my spell, or more mundane methods of malevolence at work." Keeping the spell up, Jimym turns slightly to the right to scan the area next to the doors. "I don't suppose anybody here is a trapsmith, eh?" he asks.

Re'ozul
2011-09-15, 07:33 PM
"We could try to open it remotely via spellwork. Though I have to admit I only prepared the really weak version today."

After waiting for a few seconds without any response he sighs starts a small sequence of gestures.

"Very well, I will try to get this door to open."

open/close on the door.

drack
2011-09-18, 11:12 AM
The heavy doors creek loudly and scrape against the ground causing the mist to swirl about as it pours into the room, yet nothing blows up in your face. The interior is filled with various rugs and animal skins carpeting the floors and walls, all old and some damp with decay. At the back there is a large pile of vary dead looking people, but beyond that the room it appears empty. As the fog fills the room your vision cuts off, and the line of corpses disappears from your vision.

Jimym you see magic everywhere within I believe the strongest spell is 'moderate' (detect magic), let me check... yup, 'moderate'

Germanus you smell no undeath nearby, but the pile is clearly out of range, and you smell no evil beyond all the evil magic (spells) the strongest of which having a 'strong' aura (detect evil)

To be clear the interior reaches from A2 to P17:smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2011-09-18, 08:54 PM
"By Shan!" exclaims Jimym. "The entire room is brimming with magical signatures." Jimym continues studying the room.

THEChanger
2011-09-18, 10:11 PM
Germanus took a deep whiff of the air as he approached the doors, and coughed a little. "Not just magic, friend. Evil suffuses the very air of this place. I do not like it." Germanus moved cautiously just inside the doors, hoping against all hope there was no other demons waiting for them inside, like the ones that had almost taken Beatus from him.

Re'ozul
2011-09-19, 08:38 AM
"I don't know wether these corpses were stacked here for a purpose or due to lazyness, either way I'd rather not be here if its the former."

Looking around he marches out the door again, then halts as soon as he is out of sight from the entrance and suffuses his shirt with magic. After doing so he enters again giving the others a signal to ignore him.

Go out the doors and a few feet along the wall.
Activate Shirt of Wraith Stalking.
This gives me a Hide from undead effect that allows no will save for any undead, even intelligent ones.
Then go back inside.

drack
2011-09-19, 09:46 AM
As you enter the room the damp mist slicks your skin causing goose bumps to form. Slowly, cautiously you draw closer to the mound of the dead until suddenly a scratching sound on the wall causes you to jump. It sounds as if something is shifting along the eastern wall. After the first step you see that the magic you were smelling was right behind where the door had been, and now that you pass through it you find the room to be in reality only about half full of it (as in I just checked the master-map after being lazy)

Ah yes, and I think I'm gonna start highlighting sections of the map that smell/look Evil/magical a darker shade.. so far it's the room, though there has been some outside, it's just that you feared for instance the skulls to be a trap. :smallbiggrin:
same map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CJHe4LoO&key=0AqrKlOMj1BaLdHEtWlQ0NGR4ZlR4U0VoMGpvaHZBWGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CJHe4LoO#gid=0 the sound originates from around Q-11

Saidoro
2011-09-22, 08:47 PM
Stretin enters the rooms and begins doing... whatever it is that rogues do when they search for magical traps, hoping to find out something about the strange auras.

Vaylorn and Nor'Delana both float into the room, staying away from the auras and near the door.

Search:[roll0]
Vaylorn still has true seeing active from before.

drack
2011-09-23, 04:52 AM
you find no traps, magical or otherwise, but you do notice a slight purplish glow coming from the wall right around where the noise is emanating from. (true seeing doesn't help here)

Re'ozul
2011-09-23, 01:48 PM
Trusting his shirt to hide him from whatever is making that sound, Tahrven moves closer to the western part of the temple's interior and towards the mounds of dead people focusing his thoughts and magic on finding any undead that may be hidden.
As he gets closer he stops, breathing as the smell of rotting flesh is not something pleasent to him.

detect undead concentrate and sustain basically sweeping the corpses.
Tahrven doesn't need to breathe so he simply stops. I assume he had the ring long enough to not have to concentrate on it too much.

Re'ozul
2011-09-23, 02:41 PM
Tharven swops around and concentrates on the area the sounds keep coming from.

drack
2011-09-23, 03:02 PM
They're dead dead, not living dead (still), but somehow you don't feel reassured...

Tharven the purple light blinks out and there is silence.

Round 0 (roll initiative)
Suddenly all goes dark, the rank smell of undeath instantly beside you (Germanus) grasping and tearing at your flesh with cold skeletal claws as a cry of agony rises behind you from the great bird of prey.

Germanus

skeletal claws tear at your flesh

Toruk

Suddenly through your empathetic link you feel a sharp piercing pain in your lower torso.
attack [roll12] for [roll13] damage
attack [roll14] for [roll15] damage

Toruk sees the dark figure on the map, but as far as I recall none of you can see through magical darkness.

Lyndworm
2011-10-04, 01:12 AM
When the light vacates the room, Jimym drops into a defensive stance. His eyes probe the darkness, searching for any sign of movement.

Standard action to go Total Defense, adding a +4 Dodge bonus to Jimym's AC for a total of 40.

Saidoro
2011-10-04, 11:28 PM
Vaylorn concentrates on the darkness surrounding them and attempts to snuff it out.
Nor'Delana flies upward and assesses the situation but doesn't use any spells for the round.
Stretin gets out his crossbows.
Vaylorn casts an 8-point dispel psionics targeting the darkness effect.
[roll0]
Nor'Delana Flies up 10 feet and takes a total defense action boosting ac to 30 (or just flies up if we only have a move action)
Stretin draws both crossbows and takes a total defense action boosting ac to 28

Re'ozul
2011-10-11, 06:45 PM
As the first syllables for the true seeing spell leave his lips and his hands grasp the pouch where he usually keeps the component, Tahrven mentally slaps himself as he notices he forgot to restock.
Mutilating the magic aria into a mess of power words he barely manages to at least allow himself an inferior way of seeing whatever there might be.
In order to avoid the enemy pinpointing his location, he moves a few feet towards the corner of the room.

Arcane Sight on himself, then move 10' towards the lower right.

drack
2011-10-15, 08:09 AM
Round 1

As the first syllables for the true seeing spell leave his lips and his hands grasp the pouch where he usually keeps the component, Tahrven mentally slaps himself as he notices he forgot to restock.
Mutilating the magic aria into a mess of power words he barely manages to at least allow himself an inferior way of seeing whatever there might be.
In order to avoid the enemy pinpointing his location, he moves a few feet towards the corner of the room.

When the light vacates the room, Jimym drops into a defensive stance. His eyes probe the darkness, searching for any sign of movement.

Vaylorn concentrates on the darkness surrounding them and attempts to snuff it out.

Stretin gets out his crossbows.

As the dark clears into dark gray of the mist a silhouette of a man... no, it's too hunched over... maybe a ghoul?... But for the deep purple glow in it's eyes you would almost think it so. It recedes slowly southward watching you all the while with those glowing eyes until the glow cuts off behind what you can only assume is another such stone outcropping.

The Undead amidst you suddenly rises up and begins to claw Vaylorn

skeletal claws tear at your flesh

Nor'Delana flies upward and assesses the situation but doesn't use any spells for the round.

The two 'skeletons' are nowhere in sight, and yet a few distinct shapes spring through the mist thudding solidly into the wood of the open doors (they are three of the bone 'daggers' mentioned in the report if anyone bothers to notice)

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CJHe4LoO&key=0AqrKlOMj1BaLdHEtWlQ0NGR4ZlR4U0VoMGpvaHZBWGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CJHe4LoO&pli=1#gid=0

Lyndworm
2011-10-25, 04:32 PM
Seeing the purple-eyed creature flee southward, Jimym gives chase.

Double-move action to follow after the hunched man (as much as 80ft).

Re'ozul
2011-10-31, 10:28 AM
Hearing the rattling of bones, Tahrven moves along the wall. As the mist peels away to reveal, the owlbear skeleton he sighs and throws out his hand towards it.

"Bones that you move without consent of the will of the one who once resided with you: CEASE"

He then calls out in that general direction.

"Disregard the Skeleton i have inhibited its capabilities. We need to concentrate on the targets. Do not attack the skeleton."

Move to L17

Halt undead on the owlbear skeleton.
Unless it somehow got intelligence it gets no saving throw and is effectively paralyzed for 16 rounds.
If it got intelligence from somewhere, DC 23 will save.

drack
2011-11-26, 08:15 PM
Round 2

Seeing the purple-eyed creature flee southward, Jimym gives chase, yet as he chases the figure an illusion of a skull appears before him shouting "DO NOT PASS" firing flecks of black flaming spit at you with each word.
[roll0]

Hearing the rattling of bones, Tahrven moves along the wall. As the mist peels away to reveal, the owlbear skeleton he sighs and throws out his hand towards it.

"Bones that you move without consent of the will of the one who once resided with you: CEASE" at which point the skeleton instantly freezes leaving three dear comrades bleeding on the floor... how in the name of Shan almighty did it manage to catch all three of them in the temple without sight? :smalleek: No it's not really that strong, but I don't like people just 'walking out' of life/death scenarios :smalltongue:

He then calls out in that general direction.

"Disregard the Skeleton i have inhibited its capabilities. We need to concentrate on the targets. Do not attack the skeleton."

The figure continues to flee further to the mist zigging and zagging, and yet still that eerie glow in his eyes give him away, but there's some one else there with him... a second figure... the second figure shifts slightly as if to defend the first
5' step from J-35

map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CJHe4LoO&key=0AqrKlOMj1BaLdHEtWlQ0NGR4ZlR4U0VoMGpvaHZBWGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CJHe4LoO&pli=1#gid=0

Re'ozul
2011-11-28, 05:18 PM
Seeing his companions fall, Tahrven curses under his breath.

'This mission was a failure from the getgo, I better just leave.'

As he prepares to do so, he hears noise from outside and a bellow of pain he knows very well.

'It seems Jimym is still with me. Perhaps there is a sliver of hope left after all.'

Trying to find his wayward companion, he inches along the wall and the door to where he can see him and wrenches forth the most energy he has stored while vocalizing as quietly as he can.

"Beings of greatness unknown, powers of strenght unfathomed, grant us this small boon so that we may stand against those that defile the world."

His magic departs to planes unknown as he can feel small conduits forming to him and Jimym filliing both of them with otherworldy strenght.

I like making up my own verbal components.

EDIT: Forgot my move. Tahrven moves to J19.

Aura of vitality on both me and Jimym as I think we are the only ones left, unless Jimym has a companion somewhere.

Both of us get a +4 morale bonus to Strenght,Dexterity and Constitution for the next 16 rounds.
That should give him an indirect heal for 32 at least.

Since I have not yet attacked them, my "Hide from undead" should still work on the dark figures, though my verbalizing will probably tell them at least where I am even though I am still invisible to them.

Lyndworm
2011-11-29, 11:20 PM
Though he survived the dark fires that attempted to consume him, Jimym stands doubled over, gasping between words. "Thank you much, Tahrven; your magics should greatly aid my recovery and effectiveness." After catching his breath, the man stands up straight and continues. "Shall we give further chase to that vile creature, or retreat in haste? It seems our comrades are no more and I, for one, underestimated the defenses that would be prepared."

Only free actions have been taken so far.

Also, Re'ozul, Jimym actually does have a companion. He has a falcon familiar called Mondyl, and the little guy is currently holed up in an extradimensional pocket, safely out of harm's way.

Re'ozul
2011-12-09, 05:38 PM
"Considering the state of our allies I'd be willing to wager that none of us expected this. I leave the decision of wether we should retreat for now to you. Out of the two of us you are both the one currently worse of and dependent on someone else to get out of here."

Considering the current situation once more, Tahrven can't help but feel that even the most basic idea for getting away could backfire.

"If we actually can."

That one thought just wouldn't leave his head, his fear fueling it evermore.

'Lets just hope they didn't lock this place down against inter-planar travel.'

Lyndworm
2011-12-10, 10:22 PM
"I think it may be best if we were to leave. I am running low on spells, and even though you've repaired some of the damage to my body, much more remains." says Jimym, inspecting a gash on his arm. "If you truly believe us capable of taking out this fiendish creature once and for all, then I will happily stay and do my duty right next to you. I would rather not die chasing down a fool's errand, however."

Re'ozul
2011-12-11, 11:58 AM
"As much as every bit me wishes to vaporize these creatures and scatter the ashes throughout the infinite layers of the abyss ... I believe it would be best for us to retreat for now. While we might be able to destroy them, I cannot say that both of us might see their end. I'd rather take a demotion by the church than an end to my existence."

Lyndworm
2011-12-27, 05:42 PM
"I concur. I lack the necessary magics to significantly hasten our departure, so I'll leave that to you if you wouldn't mind." Jimym keeps his eyes moving while he speaks, trying not to let anything sneak up on them.

Re'ozul
2011-12-28, 09:20 AM
"That presents no problem, just move towards me, or I will come to you."

Lyndworm
2011-12-28, 09:51 AM
"This meager distance is no problem." calls Jimym, making his way over to his sole remaining team member.

Double-move to get to K17.

drack
2012-01-09, 08:01 AM
The purple eyes continue to bear down on you from the mist starring... starring...

NPC readies mysterious GM actions :smalltongue:

Re'ozul
2012-01-09, 03:57 PM
Not wanting to spend any more time in this place, Tahrven moves behind the door as well, lest the enemy try something.

Grabbing Jimym by the shoulder he confesses, "I hope this works better than everything else today."

Collecting his thoughts and going through the formula again he chants,
"Space is but a concept, for our will transcends it and our magic forms it. By will of our minds it becomes meaningless, for we are where we believe to be."

As the last words leave his lips, so do Tahrven and Jimym disappear from the temple.

Teleport Roll: [roll0]

drack
2012-01-09, 05:08 PM
The mist swiftly dissipates as you find yourselves in the middle of a side street.

Re'ozul
2012-01-09, 08:41 PM
Paying no mind to whoever else might be on the street, Tahrven looks Jimym over.

"I'd say we better get you to the church since my spell will end in about a minute and a half. However, I can at least try to heal you slightly for now."

He starts a short chant, "Mend what is broken, sew what is torn, replenish their blood and let health be reborn," and warm glow comes over Jimym as he can feel nips of pain, where flesh and bones are repaired.

"Now, do you feel weakened, sluggish or somewhat cottoned in your thoughts?"

Cure critical for [roll0]
Asking him basically wether he feels he has ability damage.

Lyndworm
2012-01-11, 02:39 AM
"No, I feel quite well, now. Thank you much, my friend. Still, you're right about finding the church. As much as I need their magics, we need to inform them of our defeat as well." Jimym looks around the street, trying to get his bearings. As he thinks, the barely-clothed man opens a pouch in his cloak. When he does so, a bird of about two feet long with dappled brown and white feathers flies out and perches on Jimym's arm. "Please have a look about, Mondyl, and tell me if you find anything interesting, won't you?" he asks the bird, now recognizable as some sort of falcon.

Okeydoke, here are some Knowledge checks for Jimym:

Geography:
[roll0]

Local:
[roll1]

Religion:
[roll2]

Here are some scouting rolls for Mondyl:

Listen:
[roll3]

Spot:
[roll4]

That is an awful lot of suck condensed into one post. :smallmad:

drack
2012-01-11, 02:14 PM
Jimym

With the worst of luck in the world you know nothing but that they obviously are not heathens (they worship Shan), and you smell a delightful bakery down the street :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2012-01-12, 12:28 AM
OoC:
Yeah, that makes sense. What about Mondyl? His modifiers coupled with flight should provide a decent amount of information regardless of my terrible rolls.

drack
2012-01-12, 07:34 AM
Jimym

Mondy sees houses, a market, a cathedral next to a slightly smaller building of similar design. :smallcool: (You're in the town that you had set out from towards the little farm village :smallwink: The one in which you received your orders)

Lyndworm
2012-01-12, 10:34 PM
OoC:
For the purposes of this post, I'll be acting as if Mondyl is under my direct control (like a second PC). However, if you'd prefer him to be under your control (like an NPC), that's perfectly fine, too. Just let me know and I'll stop posting for him.

The bird comes back from his brief scouting trip, once more alighting onto Jimym's hand. "We are where we were." says the falcon in a voice like a faded copy of Jimym's own. "I know how to get to the church from here!" At this revelatory news, Jimym makes a request of his seldom-seen Familiar. "Thank you very kindly, Mondyl. Why don't you lead the way for us, dear friend?"

Jimym has taken only Free actions so far (talking), while Mondyl has taken both a Free action (also talking) and a double Move action (to scout).

drack
2012-01-13, 09:09 AM
Soon you arrive at a large cathedral with a bald pudgy faces man eagerly twisting his hands about one another.
Feel free to play as the bird, though generally it takes more than less than half of three seconds to fly up, get a good view, perhaps circle, and to than fly back down. :smallbiggrin: (move action<1.5seconds, and half the distance [up and down in the actin] Isn't likely to get you a good view :smalltongue:)

Lyndworm
2012-01-14, 02:22 AM
OoC:
You're probably right about that, of course... I think it takes two or three rounds, because intentionally using the Listen and/or Spot skills is a Move action (as opposed to using them in a reactive fashion, which is a non-action). Not that it matters anyway, right?

Before they actually attempt to enter the temple, Jimym calls the falcon over to himself. "If you'd like, you can go back into your pocket, Mondyl." he says to the bird as it alights onto his arm. It looks at Jimym curiously for a split second before saying "Crodr!" at which point it vanishes once again.

*Click.* exclaims Jimym. Getting his companion's attention, he says to Tahrven "I cannot believe that this hasn't occurred to me sooner. Like yourself, I have studied the natural world, and on occasion I even pull from it for my magics. In that vein, I purchased this." At that, the barely-clothed man reaches into one of his packs and pulls forth an unexceptional-looking wand. "I was led to believe that any who learn the natural ways of magic could activate this, but, alas, I no longer think my ilk capable of it." he continues. "However, you most certainly could! It is supposed to invigorate the affected subject, greatly increasing the rate at which they heal." Jimym holds it out to the druid. "I'd like for you to have it, my friend. I know that you'll see it gets put to good use."

drack
2012-01-14, 07:47 AM
OOC:
Nah, I'm just being nit-picky :smalltongue: though a few minutes t fully circle the town would probably give the best results short of hours of study :smallbiggrin:

Re'ozul
2012-01-14, 01:31 PM
"Thank you, I'll look at it later once we are done having our heads chewed off."
He sighs and then turns towards the cathedral, "Well, let us get the unleasantries over with."

Moving closer to the waiting man he adresses him and bows slightly.
"Greetings Father Hallobrook. As you can most likely ascertain by our appearance, despite your best efforts Shan's favor did not shine on us. Our mission was not granted success by the powers that be as the enemy was far more wily and intelligent than expected and the rest of our group was extinguished in one fell swoop. It pains me to have to bring such dire news, but hope that the church will forgive this blunder and give us a second chance to eradicate those vile creatures."
There, that is about as diplomatic and church-pronounced he can make the problem, now lets hope Hallobrook will gossip our failure in the nicest tones.

drack
2012-01-14, 04:17 PM
Hallobrook parses taken aback as his hand recedes from a bag of coin. "Oh..." he replies somewhat shocked In that case I'll assume you'll return as soon as your able and clear up this little... inconvenience? In the mean time tell me of these enemies, I fear what you describe seems beyond the capabilities of a simple ghoul with a few skeletons...

Re'ozul
2012-01-14, 06:33 PM
"Indeed it was. The assesment of the enemies threat was flawed. Not only did we encounter what might have been vampires, but they also had the gall to desecrate a temple by making it into their stronghold.
Furthermore, the pure numbers of corpses we found indicate something of a far deeper threat going on.
While we did not defeat them, we hurt them quite a bit and the fact that the place they stayed at is no known to us will most likely cause them to move, hopefully setting back whatever plan they had."

drack
2012-01-14, 07:19 PM
OOC: monastery

"I see" the priest replies a frown creasing his brow Well the vampire nation was destroyed melenia ago, after the third great purge not a single on has been spotted... :smallconfused:

Thinking for a minute the priest finally asking "OK, well it seems that this is a greater threat than it seemed, would you still consider yourselves capable of neutralizing this threat?"

Lyndworm
2012-01-15, 04:23 AM
"I'm certainly willing to try." puts in Jimym. "Though undoubtedly formidable opponents, Tahrven and I alone are no match for these creatures at their full power. I believe, however, that we can yet succeed on this quest, given that Shan decides to shine on us favorably and a little bit more manpower be thrown our way."

drack
2012-01-15, 07:39 AM
Hmm the priest considers
Would three city guards be enough?

OOC: sorry, retracting your option of recruiting more people seeing as the evil party dropped down to a sole enemy, seeing that as it is I decided to split your encounter in two. Guards are fighters that fit somewhere from level 5-10 in terms of power.

Lyndworm
2012-01-15, 08:37 PM
OoC:
That's perfectly fine; I didn't expect to be handed PCs anyway. Thanks for the explanation, though; it's always appreciated!

"I suspect they'll perform quite admirably." says Jimym. "Thank you for your generosity. Is there anything more to discuss? I was wounded in the battle, and though Tahrven has since patched me up I still have some healing to do."

drack
2012-01-15, 09:32 PM
"Yes, yes, vary well, to bed with you than, I assume you still know where we keep the cots? I'll get to writing this up, and you'll have some breakfast in the morning."

Lyndworm
2012-01-18, 08:37 AM
Nodding and thanking the man, Jimym moves inside seeking rest.

Will Jimym be tended at all while he rests? It's a DC 15 Heal check to double his natural healing (so, 32 for 8 hours of rest). A first level character can hit that pretty easily (4 ranks, +1 Wis, take 10), so I don't think it's too weird to encounter some help here of all places.

drack
2012-01-19, 02:28 AM
Hmm, well you're in a church, while I suppose you can nab a healer to stay with you all night, priests aren't so hot on the idea of loosing sleep staying up all night with naked men and tending to them. :smalltongue: (There are many ways to increase healing, so we'll just assume you sleep in a bit and recover :smallbiggrin:

Lyndworm
2012-01-19, 03:06 AM
OoC:
I'm totally cool with however you rule, of course, but it may be worth noting that you can treat up to six patients inside a single 8 hour period. That means that you only spend about ten minutes out of any given hour with a single patient. Also, I have a feeling that any trained physician is probably used to nude-ish wounded people. It's sort of a job requirement, after all. :smalltongue: I'll go ahead and update Jimym's sheet with the 16 shiny new hit points.

drack
2012-01-19, 09:52 AM
OoC: Ah fare enough, don't let me tease you than :smalltongue: go for it.

Re'ozul
2012-01-19, 10:14 AM
Taking his leave from Father Hallobrook, Tahrven searches out the churches infirmaries, hoping to use what magic he could not put to good use in their mission to the benefit of the city's people.
He asks Jimym to accompany him, so that he may further quicken his recuperation while using his magic more efficiently.

OoC:
Tahrven has some more spells for today that can go towards the good of the people and Jimym.
Vigorous Circle - 78hp to 8 people (one of which is Jimym)
Neutralize poison - 2 of those
remove disease - one of those (+2 uses of neutralize poison/remove disease via pearls)
lesser vigor - if Jimym still needs more after the 78, this is another 15. (+5 uses with pearls of power)
Lesser Restoration - one of those (+2 uses with pearls of power)

My character is obsessed with having lots of magic. Why let it get to waste. Especially considering he also likes the feeling of being better than others via helping them.

I finished my paper yesterday and handed it in, so I'll be posting more often again.

drack
2012-01-19, 12:05 PM
OOC
And that's why I didn't think you'd need a bedside healer to watch over you :smallbiggrin: anywho nobody in town is that seriously injured, you help mend a broken arm, and cure a child of some small disease, but otherwise it's just scrapes and bruises.

Lyndworm
2012-01-19, 11:00 PM
OoC:
Wow! I didn't think Tahrven had anywhere near that much (healing) power left. I didn't want to mooch off of him too much, since we were already back at the BoO. I'm impressed, man; thanks a lot. Jimym's back up to full health before he even rests (though he must still do so in order to prepare his spells).

Completely reinvigorated by Tahrven's wondrous magics, Jimym asks a question of the other man. "You've performed beyond any reasonable expectation, my friend. Have you yet more to accomplish this day, or shall we bed down?"

Re'ozul
2012-01-20, 05:59 PM
"I believe we should retire for the day, my friend. What magic I have left, now that I have helped those that were in need would not go over well as I had prepared it with more damaging intent in mind. Let us retire and see what the morning may bring."

Lyndworm
2012-01-21, 08:58 AM
"Very well, then; let us be off to sleep." says Jimym, making his way towards a cot.

drack
2012-01-21, 12:07 PM
The night is a cold one, unusual for this time of year, but not unheard of. (It's still fall IC) The hearth is at a nice blaze, and yet it doesn't quite stop the chill from creeping into your bones, nor does it's roar block out the cries of your comrades in your dreams twisting almost inhumanly with the wails of that creature.

Re'ozul
2012-01-23, 07:01 PM
For the third time that night Tharven's eyes open in fright.
Sleep is hard to come by with the events of the previous day.
He knows he could not have done much more to help his companions, but the guilt has settled deep in himself. Tahrven Millos, who prides himself in knowing so many a diverse spells for every occasion that might arise, helpless before what was to be a simple mission.
His friends stricken from this plane and he himself having to run, only saving one other in the process.

'This was not what I had hoped, nor what I had anticipated.'

He quietly seeks out the small flask of high spirits that is the only occupant of one of the many pouches of his backpack. To drink may not be the wisest thing to do for one whose power depends on the sharpness of his mind, but today it is a welcome help.
Fake warmth moves through him as he suppresses the urge to cough, having nearly forgotten the strenght of the drink. It is strong enough that the small sip alone pleasantly blankets his thoughts as he replaces the flask and goes back to bed.

'We shall see what tomorrow holds for me to repay my sins of today.'

With these last thoughts, he once more enters morpheus realm.

Lyndworm
2012-01-23, 09:49 PM
Jimym sleeps, still and silent, but raging beneath the surface like an icy river. His dreams are filled with memories of those he's lost; memories of sorrow, regret, and guilt. On some level, the man is aware that there's little he could've done differently, and he's keenly aware that there's even less e could do now. He knows this, but it doesn't help. Nothing helps anymore. Nothing but the brandy and the bloodshed. Jimym wakes with a start, sitting up abruptly. A name rests on his lips, both the sweetest and most bitter thing he's ever tasted. He wants to say it, wants to remember her in any way, but can't bring himself to do it.

The mage reaches under his cot, pulls out his pack, and reaches inside. Retrieving a small glass, Jimym goes back to the brandy. He'd already tried bloodshed that day. "Tilek di sini, kii tepoha wux gethrisja?" he asks softly. He gets no response. He swirls the brandy, staring into the golden reflection of the world. All looks brighter through his brandy, more safe, more loving. A drink. Another. Jimym takes a few steps around the room, walking off his thoughts. Maybe he'll get to sleep tonight. Another drink. Maybe.

drack
2012-01-24, 04:43 AM
The morning sun slowly crawls into the sky illuminatig the darkness yet again, and finally freeing you from the shackles of your nightmares with the smell of eggs and the crowing of several roosters.

Jimym (You've had a few drinks):
The sun comes unwelcome catching you in the eyes as the cowing of the rooster pounds in your skull, all the same the smell of eggs promises a new day to come.

Lyndworm
2012-01-26, 09:54 AM
Jimym holds his hand to his head, trying to keep his eyes from escaping, as the smell of cooking eggs reaches him. Realizing that he'd not eaten since the morning before, the man allows his stomach to carry him towards the smell of breakfast.

drack
2012-01-26, 09:58 AM
The meal looks large and inviting, but throughout it you get the feeling that the priest wants you gone, not so much for lack of eggs as for fear of what the monsters may be doing while you wait.

Re'ozul
2012-01-26, 08:59 PM
The alcohol having helped somewhat, Tahrven awakes to the new day.
Cleaning himself with cold water to awaken his mind fully, he then joins Jimym at breakfast. Taking only what he feels his body truely needs, he adresses his friend.

"I believe it would be best if we take up the trail of the enemy as soon as possible. I shall have to sequester away some time after this meal to prepare what magicks I intend to use, but after that we could possibly leave."

Taking a sip of his tea he sheepishly grins as he continues.

"I cannot help but hope that Toruk is still recovering somewhere in the area, or he will be greatly annoyed when the pull he followed towards this place suddenly snaps back to the place we fought at."

Lyndworm
2012-01-28, 07:53 AM
"I concur. I, too, must take some time to ready my magics, though I suspect that I do so somewhat differently than yourself." says Jimym, after swallowing a mouthful of egg. "Though I suspect that our fantastic flighted friend is just fine. Have you truly no means to contact him?"

Re'ozul
2012-02-12, 08:31 PM
"Sadly not. I only have the most rudimentary connection to him. I might feel if he is hurt further than he was when we left, but even that may not be the case over this distance."

Having finished his breakfast, Tahrven excuses himself to bring order to his energies.

----(Suddenly, time lurches forward)----

Coming out of the small private synctum he was given, he walks to where he thinks Jimym and the hired muscle might be waiting.

Lyndworm
2012-02-13, 12:37 AM
Not long after Tahrven leaves, Jimym retreats as well. Poring over his spellbook, the man studies his writings and begins to pool the magical energies required to cast his spells into his mind.

Some time later, his spells prepared, Jimym is seeking to meet the guards when Tahrven meets up with him.

drack
2012-02-13, 02:24 AM
Outside there stand three heavily muscled soldiers each looking as if they had worked out day in and day out every day of their lives... that and they look to have neglected sword training for it for you can see several strapped on wrong or in hard to reach places. :smalltongue:

Re'ozul
2012-02-13, 07:41 PM
Suppressing a sigh that threatens to cross his lips, Tahrven adresses Jimym.

"No comparison to our friends, but it'll have to do I guess. The placement of their sheaths is oddly unfocused. I assume those placements accomodate different fighting styles?"

Tahrven never really used a sword ever, preferring to stay at range during th early days of his service to the church. A fact that has not changed to this day. Accordingly he knows diddly-squat about proper sword-handling and related business.
The only swords he knows how to use usually fly around a lot, hit people without being wielded and disappear when no longer needed.

Lyndworm
2012-02-14, 06:15 AM
Jimym, too, sighs. "Yes, and more amazingly, they're all the same style; novice! It can't hurt to throw bodies between us and the enemies of Shan, though, so as long as these dolts are willing, I say we let them lead the way."

Though not a swordsman by trade, Jimym did receive basic training with nearly every form of weaponry he can identify (Martial Weapon Proficiency: Yes). He might not know every fighting style in the world, but he definitely knows a lack of one.

drack
2012-02-14, 11:31 AM
The three men approach balancing their large swords easily upon their massive shoulders "I'm sure you're impressed with our skills" :smallamused: one of the largest replies "Personally don't like to brag, but I think we've got about all it takes to take on this fool skeleton, so lets show it who's boss. Than again if you guys couldn't even kill a skeleton I doubt you'd be much help." :smallconfused:

Another chips in "Such is the duty of guards, to defend the lives of the innocent." :smallsigh:

Re'ozul
2012-02-14, 12:00 PM
Looking at the one who spoke of the enemy only being a lousy skeleton, Tahrven's fears of them not being prepared become far more acute.

"It seems you were as uninformed as we were in our first venture to the target. While we encountered a skeleton, one of an owlbear to be precise, it was the very least of our problems and easily incapacitated.
No, the true enemies on this mission will not be skeletons. The place they have reinforced as a stronghold alone sports magic traps of great destructive power.
The enemies we fought may have been vampires, corrupting the very life around them and sending it against us in wave after wave. You will be heckled by weak forces and attacked from afar by the ones with true power."

drack
2012-02-14, 12:03 PM
"Skeletons, vampires, they're just dead people. We're full of life and strength, I'm sure we can win" the third replies.

Lyndworm
2012-02-14, 03:27 PM
Another, heavier sigh from Jimym. He knows how he looks to the guards, primitive and past his prime. He got that a lot, actually, but he'd learned how to deal with willful ignorance in all of its forms long ago. "If they don't want to be taught, you cannot teach them." whispers Jimym to Tahrven. "Clearly, you are masterful warriors." he says a bit louder. "I look forward to fighting beside you in battle."

drack
2012-02-14, 04:57 PM
"Well met ages one" the first replies stretching out his arm in greeting.

"... could you put some pants on though?" the third remarks taking in all too well Jimym's loincloth.

Re'ozul
2012-02-14, 05:03 PM
Sighing once more Tahrven resign himself to tolerating these people's idiocy and shortsightednes, for now.

"Very well then. Do you have all that you need for this mission? That includes such things as armor, weapons for the more obvious, but also provisions, tents, and such in case the enemy has decided that, after our initial assault on them, it would be better to move somewhere else. The chance of this may not be high, but it is better to be prepared."

drack
2012-02-14, 05:14 PM
"We've got that and a nice ass to carry it with us already packed" the second replies eying Jimym's loin cloth while gesturing to the loaded donkey beside him before taking the chance to wink at the elder man. The other two pretend not to notice.

Lyndworm
2012-02-14, 05:35 PM
A grin spreads across Jimym's face at the wink. "I could do many things," he says to the third guard. "Just hang around for a while, and maybe you'll get a look." His eyes don't leave the second guard.

drack
2012-02-14, 05:48 PM
the second guard grins broadly, but before he has a chance to reply the first says "I'm sure, now shall we be going?

Re'ozul
2012-02-16, 01:35 PM
"Very well, we are given two choices now. Your foresight with the pack animal is worth congratulating, but it leaves me with a problem. If we were to try and move to our goal on foot, it would take us 2 days to arrive there and be rested enough to take the fight to the enemy.
I could bring us close to our goal within seconds with merely one spell, but I can only transport us there without the ass.
One option leaves us better predisposed for the case that the enemy has moved on but allows them more time to prepare if they didn't, the other allows us to arrive now, but leaves us with less provisions should we have to follow the enemy."

drack
2012-02-16, 02:57 PM
The first and third elect to leave the second behind as the second elects to leave the ass behind.

Lyndworm
2012-02-17, 02:50 AM
"I don't like this at all, but you can transport not only us, but also everything we carry, yes? These men seem rather strong and I'm no weakling myself. No one of us needs to hold much weight in order to carry all of our supplies." Jimym seems proud of himself for thinking outside the normal limitations. "We can probably rent or purchase another pack animal once we arrive at the village, if necessary."

drack
2012-02-17, 07:02 AM
The third man complains "But if we're hampered with supplies we'll be unable to swing our swords so well."

the first adds "and the baggy bags may get in the way"

The second begins unpacking the ass.

Lyndworm
2012-02-17, 07:05 AM
"We'll only need to carry the supplies through the village," says Jimym. "Once we're there, I'm sure we can store most or all of our supplies, or find another way to tote them more easily."