PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console, new updates

Mr. Scaly
2011-05-04, 09:37 PM
So what games would all Wii owners out there want to see come to the Virtual Console?

Myself, I'm interested in trying out Chrono Trigger when it comes out...I've never played it, but I hear it's one of the great rpgs of our time. And I did hear a rumour about Final Fantasy VI no less! I know that the VC hasn't seen a lot of releases lately, but if you could pick a game or two or three then what would you want to see (and play) the most?

The Dark Fiddler
2011-05-04, 10:02 PM
The Mother (Earthbound) series would be really nice to have. I might actually buy something from the Virtual Console if they released those...

Other than that, the 3DS has me hoping they'll add Pokemon Red and Blue (or maybe even Yellow). I know there's remakes, but they aren't quite the same, you know? It's not quite Kanto without Missingno...

Lord Seth
2011-05-05, 02:10 AM
BattleToads would be cool to see.

Ogremindes
2011-05-05, 02:53 AM
Lufia 2 and the Earthbound series are what immediately come to mind.

Mr. Scaly
2011-05-05, 08:52 AM
Ooh, Earthbound. I've heard of that series. It was for the SNES wasn't it?

Starwulf
2011-05-05, 02:34 PM
The entire Earthbound series(Earthbound Zero that as far as I know was only released for the NES), Earthbound(SNES), and Mother 3, which was never released in the states except by some site that worked on fully translating it. Lufia 1&2, and Tactics Ogre would all be good releases on the Virtual Console for the Wii.

Mr. Scaly
2011-05-05, 08:30 PM
Hmm. Apparently there's some kind of copyright issues on the Earthbound series?

Ogremindes
2011-05-05, 08:58 PM
Hmm. Apparently there's some kind of copyright issues on the Earthbound series?

Some pieces of pop songs in the battle themes, IIRC.

Mr. Scaly
2011-05-06, 02:41 PM
That seems like it would be a really minor issue though. Though admittedly I know zilch about copyright law...