PDA

View Full Version : Questions without Answers

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-04, 09:46 PM
I recently posted a thread asking for character building advice, and while I've gotten come advice, I still need more help. However, after about the first day, it seems interest has dried up. I don't see any more responses, and it's no longer on the front page where it can easily be seen, but I still need advice. I don't know if I should make a post in it because I was the last poster, providing some new information that may be needed, and since I have nothing new to add, it would just be an unimportant bump, which I think is against forum protocol.

What IS the proper protocol in such an event? I'm getting desperate for information, but sitting around waiting for someone to probe other pages for it isn't going to help.

Roland St. Jude
2011-05-04, 09:51 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: There isn't really much you can do. Another post by you would be a double post/minor spam, depending on whether you wrote something (double post) or just "bump" (minor spam). A new thread on the same issue would violate the one thread/topic rule and get locked. It's just a fact of forums that people talk about what they want to, which isn't always what thread starters want them to, and sometimes they don't want to talk about the thread's topic at all, so the thread sinks to page two and beyond. We're not interested in having people bump threads to stay on the first page, so if people don't want to talk about something, it's going to drop to the second page. Not too helpful to one in your situation, I know, but it's how things are here.