PDA

View Full Version : Are there any playable 2 headed races in D&D?

Traab
2011-05-05, 06:54 AM
I was just thinking about some weird combos and when the idea of role playing a two headed person whose heads keep arguing with each other and other such oddities, like being the only real multiclass character I just had to ask. :p

hamishspence
2011-05-05, 07:07 AM
Ettins are in theory playable- in practice probably too high in LA and Hit Dice.

There's a Multiheaded template in Savage Species that might work well with existing races though.

RandomLunatic
2011-05-05, 08:19 AM
Dolgrim from the Eberron Campaign Setting have a fairly mild ECL-2 or 3, IIRC.

Better yet, the description for dolgrim is basically "two goblins mashed together", so plenty of potential for personality conflict exists.

Traab
2011-05-05, 08:43 AM
I was picturing something like the two headed ogres from warcraft. "Im ready!" "Im not ready!" Or even something cooler, like two heads with wildly different personalities, and even alignments causing trouble all the time. There is a book I read, In The Company Of Ogres, in it there is a two headed ogre. The thing is, in that world, they rarely survive due to killing each other, and thus themselves in arguments. This pair lived because they are so overly polite to each other that they never get around to fighting and often have to be interrupted just to get things done.

"I insist that you say it brother."
"No no brother dear, please, you say it."
"I wouldnt PRESUME to try and say it, you are so much more eloquent than I am!"
"Oh dont sell yourself short my brother! Your words often verge on the poetic!"

"WILL SOMEONE TELL US THE FREAKING MESSAGE?!"

"Oh sorry, there are bandits breaking through the line"

Sebastrd
2011-05-05, 08:47 AM
There is always the Synad. Although they don't have multiple heads, but they do have multiple personalities. It might be even funnier and more confusing to the party to have, instead of two heads arguing with each other, one head arguing three different sides of an argument. The best part is that they're actually a decent race with no LA.

GodGoblin
2011-05-05, 08:47 AM
Well a big 2 headed ogre sounds like an Ettin to me, there might be a progression class around, actually I think one of the guys here on the Playgrund made one. Ill go have a rummage!

Edit- hmm cant seem to find it :smallfrown: Any of you guys got the link to the Monster progession classes here on Gitp?

Jjeinn-tae
2011-05-05, 09:35 PM
Well a big 2 headed ogre sounds like an Ettin to me, there might be a progression class around, actually I think one of the guys here on the Playgrund made one. Ill go have a rummage!

Edit- hmm cant seem to find it :smallfrown: Any of you guys got the link to the Monster progession classes here on Gitp?

Right here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142724) Though the Ettin is not on that list, unfortunately.

DukeofDellot
2011-05-05, 10:32 PM
There's a third party supplement called "Remarkable Races" by Alluria Publishing that has a two headed race, the "Taddol (http://www.alluriapublishing.com/taddol.htm)" which was released for both 4e and Pathfinder... the 4e one is very well done (the two heads count as separate characters) where as the Pathfinder one is decent enough.

The Shadowmind
2011-05-05, 11:23 PM
The Sharn has three heads, and with favored soul 6/sorcerer 6 casting by ECL 9, I think they are playable(4 HD/5 LA) if a little squishy.

Cog
2011-05-06, 11:44 AM
The Dvati have two heads as well. Of course, they have two of everything else, too...

Traab
2011-05-06, 11:55 AM
That Taddol link seemed pretty right on the money. I wanted to basically combine two "people" into one character, maybe even set them up with two different jobs for grins and giggles, and role play them interacting with each other and the party.

Demonix
2011-05-06, 12:09 PM
you could always play a cleric of the god of insanity and attach a zombie head to your shoulder. that was great fun.

KillianHawkeye
2011-05-08, 09:52 AM
The Dvati have two heads as well. Of course, they have two of everything else, too...

As well as two bodies to go along with them! :smallwink::smallamused:

EDIT: Ninja'd by white text! :smalleek:

Lyndworm
2011-05-10, 11:25 PM
Dolgrim from the Eberron Campaign Setting have a fairly mild ECL-2 or 3, IIRC.

Better yet, the description for dolgrim is basically "two goblins mashed together", so plenty of potential for personality conflict exists.
Actually, no potential exists whatsoever, if you go by the exact text.

Apparently, shortly after birth one personality squashes the other until the second brain basically exists only as a bundle of nerves to aid in coordination. No arguments, just a self-contained meatpuppet.

GodGoblin
2011-05-11, 04:00 AM
Ah but being a PC its the perfect set up for a "Im different to the rest of my kind" super angst ridden adventure! The poor failed Dolgrim(s?) who forced to flee from the evil lab who turned to good!

Eldan
2011-05-11, 04:31 AM
There's so many cheesy backstories you can adapt to Dolgrim.

"One is a by-the-book dakhaani hobgoblin samurai from Darguun, the other's a loveable goblin rogue from the streets of Sharn. When an evil wizard melts their bodies together into one, they must learn to cooperate for their revenge. And to fight crime, in the secret service of King Boranel!"

GodGoblin
2011-05-11, 04:51 AM
A stern Goblin mother and her off the rails daughter who has gone too far yet again suddenly find themselves joined together! Mother and daughter shenagians ensue and they become bestest friends after gaining a little bit more understanding and giving off some message about respect or boys and makeup or something. Its 12A fun for all the family! Its Dolgrim Friday!

Eldan
2011-05-11, 04:55 AM
The rich goblin businessman and the poor and kinda sloppy, but beautiful goblin woman who are clearly attracted to each other while pretending to hate each other are joined together into one body by an evil fairy until they can admit their love! See whacky hijinks as they have to conduct a business meeting and spend time with the rich goblin's estranged twelve year old son!

Aricandor
2011-05-11, 10:16 AM
This is so cheesy and bad I just have to do it. :smallbiggrin: