PDA

View Full Version : Trigun: Badlands Rumble--This Summer!

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-05-05, 09:12 AM
It's finally coming to theaters! (http://www.comicbookbin.com/animenews202.html)

I figured this deserved its own thread. I've been eagerly waiting for this ever since I heard that a Trigun movie was coming out. I loved the series, for the juxtaposition of great fun gunslinging and, well, Vash. Love and peace and all that.

Anyone planning on seeing it when it comes out? I'll be in the vicinity of Pittsburgh this summer, so it ought to be showing there...

averagejoe
2011-05-05, 09:15 AM
Anyone planning on seeing it when it comes out?

These things never go well, and movie tie ins to series are almost never good.

That said, yes. Hell yes.

Reverent-One
2011-05-05, 09:23 AM
Anyone planning on seeing it when it comes out?

*points at avatar*

Oh heck yes, assuming it comes out anywhere near me. I know absolutely nothing about this movie, so a couple questions. When is this set in relation to the anime/manga and is it based on the anime or manga storyline?

littlebottom
2011-05-05, 09:48 AM
awww yeah. cant wait. ill have to buy it when it comes out on DVD, no questions asked :smallbiggrin:

im in the UK so it will not likely come out in the cinimas for me, but it does mean that hopefully soon i can buy the DVD

@^: it is based somewhere in the middle of the anime. as just another adventure that vash took (it is before wolfwood.... SPOILER ALERT Died

But after they have all met up and such, so theres a reasonable amount of room that it could be based. but it doenst follow on directly from the anime or go before it, it is supposed to stand along side as it were.

boj0
2011-05-05, 09:49 AM
So much happiness...:smallbiggrin:

Adlan
2011-05-05, 09:50 AM
Win.

Sheer, Unadulterated win.

littlebottom
2011-05-05, 10:53 PM
it seems weve found the only 6 trigun fans on giant :smallfrown:

im shocked that there isnt more people excited about the news.

Calmness
2011-05-05, 11:02 PM
This is so old school. I may watch it because of my dear Wolfwood.

Axinian
2011-05-06, 01:20 AM
Saw it in Japanese and it's pretty good. Can't wait for the English dub. I liked especially because it actually felt like a movie, or at least a special. A lot of the movies just end up feeling like extended episodes, though that isn't always bad.

kamikasei
2011-05-06, 03:46 AM
it seems weve found the only 6 trigun fans on giant :smallfrown:

im shocked that there isnt more people excited about the news.
I suspect many other fans have already watched it. I did and wasn't particularly impressed. It was very pretty, but didn't capture the feel of the series for me. In that respect it was a lot like the Cowboy Bebop movie.

averagejoe
2011-05-06, 04:07 AM
I suspect many other fans have already watched it. I did and wasn't particularly impressed. It was very pretty, but didn't capture the feel of the series for me. In that respect it was a lot like the Cowboy Bebop movie.

Yeah, pretty much what I expected.

Dr.Epic
2011-05-06, 12:46 PM
Meh, as much as I like the series, I already plan to see all the superhero films this summer so not sure if I'll have the time/money to see it.

Lycan 01
2011-05-06, 01:42 PM
If it comes out near where I live, I'll try to get a bunch of friends together to go see it. But more than likely, it won't come out anywhere nearby. :smallsigh:

Dr.Epic
2011-05-06, 01:47 PM
If it comes out near where I live, I'll try to get a bunch of friends together to go see it. But more than likely, it won't come out anywhere nearby. :smallsigh:

Isn't it on DVD? I'm pretty sure it was shown at certain cons awhile ago.:smallconfused:

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-05-06, 01:54 PM
Isn't it on DVD? I'm pretty sure it was shown at certain cons awhile ago.:smallconfused:
Premiered at SakuraCon before anywhere else, back in April of 2010. It's been overseas in Japan, and at European (especially UK) anime festivals. Hasn't touched the US again, yet.

I assume the DVD will follow theatrical release, since Funimation has the license.

From the reviews that I've heard, it's a great tribute to the series, with enough gunslinging action and classic Vash to be good and fun. And from the trailer, the animation looks gorgeous. Excellent update from the old style.

Dr.Epic
2011-05-06, 02:53 PM
From the reviews that I've heard, it's a great tribute to the series, with enough gunslinging action and classic Vash to be good and fun. And from the trailer, the animation looks gorgeous. Excellent update from the old style.

Does it take place before, during, or after the anime because if it's not a sequel anyone who's seen the anime knows who will live?

littlebottom
2011-05-06, 02:59 PM
Does it take place before, during, or after the anime because if it's not a sequel anyone who's seen the anime knows who will live?

read my first post in this thread, i explained that.

Dr.Epic
2011-05-06, 04:08 PM
read my first post in this thread, i explained that.

Well that takes some of the suspense out of it.