PDA

View Full Version : Metaconcert?

Angry Bob
2011-05-05, 12:13 PM
I've read that it's a pretty awesome power if you know a lot of psionic guys to help you with it. I've read it, and I must be missing something.

I want to use it against my PCs, but I can't unless I understand it better than I do.

So here are my questions:

What are the practical applications of using metaconcert?

What exactly does the power create? A targetable creature? A "thing" whose only purpose is to manifest powers? Why does it get a bonus on saves when there doesn't seem to be any indication that it can be targeted?

What ML does the entity manifest at?

Whose initiative does it act on?

Can the participants still take their own actions?

tl;dr: Metaconcert: How does it work?

Nich_Critic
2011-05-05, 12:54 PM
The sane interpretation in my mind is that the entity is any one of the people in the metaconcert when targeted, and the conductor when using a psionic power. However, using powers does not seem to use up the conductor's or other person's actions.

In a perfect world, I would have each participant other then the conductor use a standard action to participate in the meta concert, and the conductor to use whatever actions he needs to manifest. That might be a bit underpowered, but keep in mind that 10 creatures giving a +9 to DC's can create some scary results. Even for something like energy stun, you could stunlock a party for a long time.

Probably the best use is any power that has a really nice effect, but has a DC targetting fort. Metaconcert doesn't seem to care how powerful the psions other then the leader are (except for the number of power points available), so you could use it with several level 1 disposable minions. You become weak to area of effect spells, though.