PDA

View Full Version : HALP! Tech issue

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-05, 12:30 PM
I run Windows 7 on my laptop....But I appear to have shut it down or something?

My taskbar and background the icons on it are gone, I can't adjust the sound volume of the laptop. But I can turn increase/decrease screen brightness.(Those two usually done by things on the keyboard)

So uhh, I'm afraid I closed something or such with task manager( I misclicked on something while closing down some stuff with Task Manager, considering my laptop was making a odd recurring sound that I COULD turn louder/quiter/off with my manual laptop sound volume)

So I can open new stuff if I know the exact program name or the location with Task Manager(Which I can open by ctrl-alt-del, ofcourse..)

But yeah, this is mighty inconvenient ><
Does anybody know how to help me?

Thenks for any thoughts! Please comment ASAP ><

valadil
2011-05-05, 01:13 PM
Is it still like that after a reboot?

You should be able to get your taskbar back by running explorer.exe or iexplore or something to that effect from the task manager.

5iL3Nc3R
2011-05-05, 01:16 PM
Try starting up explorer.

ctrl + shift + esc

File --> New Task "explorer.exe"

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-05, 01:48 PM
Valadil: Problem being, I couldn't reboot. And the power button is set to ''sleep mode''.

5iL, thenks! That seems to have fixed it! I'd tried explorer, windows and some stuff, but not explorer.exe durp, thenks again!

KuReshtin
2011-05-05, 02:28 PM
Remember that watever Windows is set to do if you press the power button, if you actually hold the power button in for 5-10 seconds, the computer will shut down.

Roland St. Jude
2011-05-05, 03:16 PM
Sheriff: Problem seems to be solved.