PDA

View Full Version : Sneaking Favored Soul

Fisticuffs
2011-05-05, 12:52 PM
I was wondering if there was an easy way to sneak Favored Soul in to the War Weaver(HoB) prestige class, oddly enough I can't seem to find any.

Cog
2011-05-05, 01:06 PM
War Weaver specifically advances only arcane casting. There are tricks to qualify as arcane casting, but none I'm aware of that actually make you an arcane caster when you aren't.

Fisticuffs
2011-05-05, 01:38 PM
I remeber reading about a feat that let you prepare Divine spells as arcane spells and the other way around. :smallconfused:

Cog
2011-05-05, 02:02 PM
Which would qualify you for "Ability to cast 3rd-level arcane spells." However, Favored Soul is still a divine class.

Thurbane
2011-05-06, 05:13 AM
Which would qualify you for "Ability to cast 3rd-level arcane spells." However, Favored Soul is still a divine class.
Exactly - there's a few tricks to get a FS to cast arcane spells (Dragon's Blood Pool, Alternative Source Spell, Southern Magician etc.), but the underlying problem is that the 4/5 casting progression of War Weaver very specifically says "+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class", so it wouldn't progress your FS casting. (Unless there's some op-trick I'm unaware of).