PDA

View Full Version : Donkey Kong Country d20 (discussion and help thread)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2011-05-05, 04:13 PM
i have been thinking about this for a while now, but has anyone ever made, or attempted to make, a d20 system based on the Donkey Kong Country series? The only thing i can find is a homebrew Super Mario d20 that has Donkey Kong references. If there isn't, i plan to make a 3.5 d20 system of the video game series, but i really don't want to do it alone as i believe this could be done properly with multiple input and contribution.

Please let me know your thoughts, thank you.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2011-05-06, 02:01 AM
if we are to do this then we already have one playable race, the Kong, which can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php? p=10906093#post10906093). This is thanks to Morph Bark.

EDIT - Now i think of it, i don't think a Donkey Kong Country d20 would work if we use DnD 3.5 as a basis. If we are to do this, i think we need to create an entirely new d20 system: new combat rules, entire new list of feats, tweaking of standard d20 skills to fit with the setting, and the like.

Thoughts, please, anyone.

Debihuman
2011-05-06, 10:21 AM
Why do you think it would need all new rules instead of making it to fit within the 3.5 parameters? It's not all that different other than perhaps special attacks.

Debby

Marc_In_Da_Room
2011-05-06, 11:40 AM
i only suggested it because i'm guessing most of the normal DnD rules wouldn't apply and we would have to make all new feats and additional skills that would only work for kongs, kremlings, etc. But i'm open to other people's thoughts and opinions as i want to make this a group effort.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2011-05-08, 03:28 PM
so, what are anyone's thoughts on this? Any ideas or suggestions?