PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Mission 2

Samfool
2011-05-05, 09:10 PM
A thunderous crash shakes the ship as many armored warriors storm the ship. There is a lot of shouting and clanging of blades, a great battle- no, a slaughter is going on..

A metal-plated man breaks open the door to your cell, lifting you up by the hands, and unlocking the little Rito girl's binds.

(The Rito girl is Iora)

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-07, 10:49 PM
I think I misinterpreted that last post. Did the man lift Iora up off the ground by the wrists, like in big bad monster style, or help her to her feet..?

Samfool
2011-05-07, 10:51 PM
He did so kindly, not violently

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-07, 11:12 PM
Iora looks up at the man, stunned, aware of the sounds of pitched combat around her. She backs away from him a step not unkindly, asking "Wha-what's going on? Where am I?"

Samfool
2011-05-07, 11:15 PM
"You are safe m'lady, your captors are dead." The man says. You notice the symbol on his shield now, the church of the triforce.

You cannot tell which branch he is though..

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-07, 11:22 PM
"Dead..?" She regains a hint of her former composure, enough to mask some of the fear in her voice. "I'm sorry... Who are you?"

Samfool
2011-05-07, 11:25 PM
"Nelith, a Hylian Knight" The man said with a smile

Tiniere
2011-05-07, 11:28 PM
"Whoo this is way more fun than I thought!" Nettle giggles as another lightning bolt crashes down into the pirate ship.

"Ooh did I get anyone that time? I think that was my last shot... your men are there now I should stop?"
The ships were close enough for boarding and Nettle looked anxiously at the captain for more orders, he was excited to be doing something useful, fighting the evil pirates.

Samfool
2011-05-07, 11:30 PM
"Whoo this is way more fun than I thought!" Nettle giggles as another lightning bolt crashes down into the pirate ship.

"Ooh did I get anyone that time? I think that was my last shot... your men are there now I should stop?"
The ships were close enough for boarding and Nettle looked anxiously at the captain for more orders, he was excited to be doing something useful, fighting the evil pirates.

All of this already happened, and now you are on the boat with the captain, on the upper deck.

Tiniere
2011-05-07, 11:35 PM
"So...we won? Now what happens...? Do we throw them in the brig or toss them into the sea?" Nettle settled down slightly opting to calmly hover above the captains left shoulder waiting for something interesting to happen on the lower decks or to receive more orders.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-07, 11:36 PM
Iora nods at the knight. "Right, Nelith. Thank you for saving me. Do you know where these pirates took my things?"

Samfool
2011-05-07, 11:44 PM
"So...we won? Now what happens...? Do we throw them in the brig or toss them into the sea?" Nettle settled down slightly opting to calmly hover above the captains left shoulder waiting for something interesting to happen on the lower decks or to receive more orders.

You see the dead bodies of the pirates. They have not left a soul alive that wasn't a prisoner.

Iora nods at the knight. "Right, Nelith. Thank you for saving me. Do you know where these pirates took my things?"

"Hrmm, maybe we can find them for you? You get on the ship, we will return them to you"

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-07, 11:54 PM
Iora shakes her head. "I'm sorry, I have things on here that are irreplaceble. Unless this ship is going down, I can't just leave without them." She doesn't entirely trust this knight, and attempts to move past him.

Samfool
2011-05-08, 12:06 AM
He does nothing to stop you, simply lets you pass by.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 08:46 PM
Iora walks by him calmly, then hurries past as soon as the knight is left behind, searching the rooms for her things.

... Bump? C'mon guys, were not even past the pre-mission...

Samfool
2011-05-12, 09:56 PM
Iora walks by him calmly, then hurries past as soon as the knight is left behind, searching the rooms for her things.

... Bump? C'mon guys, were not even past the pre-mission...

You guys are the players! If I recall, you were the one taking actions :smallamused:

You find your things at the feet of a tall, strong looking Hylian. He bears a different mark from the others..

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 10:11 PM
She gives the Hylian man a curious look, then grabs her things, trying to see if this man is a friend, like the guard.

Samfool
2011-05-12, 10:13 PM
He smiles, picking up the instrument with great interest and asks, "What is this wondrous craft?"

You then see a tiny fairy peek over his shoulder..

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 10:22 PM
Iora bristles, her eyes narrowing in a combination of anxiety and fear. "Excuse me. That flute, as well as the things at your feet, are mine. It behooves you to give them back to me. Now."

Samfool
2011-05-12, 10:25 PM
"A Rito with gusto? A female no less! Ha! You impress me with your courage young one." He says chuckling, "May I ask your name?"

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 10:32 PM
"Iora..." She pauses for a moment, as if considering giving her last name. "Look, can I please just have my flute back? You're going to scratch it, the way you're holding it."

Samfool
2011-05-12, 10:36 PM
"Fine, fine." The man says, handing over the flute, "You are lucky we came when we did, they would have done horrid things to you.."

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 11:03 PM
Iora checks over the flute, a bit of relief flooding over her. "You know whose ship this is, then?"

Samfool
2011-05-12, 11:06 PM
He laughs loudly and heartily. It startles you, as he says "Why my dear, I am the Captain!"

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 11:14 PM
Iora flinches back for a second, startled. "You?! You're the one that locked me in that room then?!"

Samfool
2011-05-12, 11:17 PM
"What? No! We are the Templars m'dear!" He is at first startled, then prideful in speech, "We saved you from the bloody pirates! Didnt we men?"

There is a loud shout from the other warriors in armor.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 11:23 PM
"Well... then I suppose I owe you a debt of gratitude." She gives the captain a small, polite bow, then starts to check her bag to make sure everything is there. "However, that does leave the question: why was I a captive on your ship, Captain..." She trails off at the end, trying to get him to tell her his name.

Samfool
2011-05-12, 11:28 PM
You seem to be confused, there are two ships, one is broken, the other is fine..

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 11:29 PM
Yes, but aren't I still on the ship that held me captive?

Samfool
2011-05-12, 11:35 PM
Kinda, you are right next to the Templar's ship. You can assume that the other ship is there's, or otherwise they look at you like you are a dunce xD

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 11:38 PM
Ok, so the captain was referring to the in-tact ship, the one we're not on, as his ship before?

Samfool
2011-05-12, 11:39 PM
Ok, so the captain was referring to the in-tact ship, the one we're not on, as his ship before?

Yes! He owns the in-tact ship, the broken (obviously pirate) ship you are on is not his

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-12, 11:44 PM
Mk, got it. :smallsmile:

"Well... then I suppose I owe you a debt of gratitude." She gives the captain a small, polite bow, then starts to check her bag to make sure everything is there. "Thank you for saving me from... Um, who exactly were these pirates, anyway?"

Samfool
2011-05-13, 12:06 AM
"Moblins lead by a Greudo band. Nothing too dangerous, but they are a bother around these parts.."

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-13, 07:37 AM
"Where are 'these parts,' exactly, Captain...?" She trails off at the end, realizing she doesn't know his name.

Tiniere
2011-05-13, 09:40 AM
Oh wow I missed a lot! That's what I get for going to bed early.

"Captain, what's with the unplucked chicken? Shouldn't we let her rest or something, seems like she's been through quite a bit." Nettle buzzes around the Rito checking for any injuries she might have incurred. Satisfied he returns to is position next to the captain.

"Oh and captain, Moblins? I thought moblins were exterminated by Link, they're running pirate and slaver operations... aren't they a bit... dumb for that?"
Knowledge Nature to see what I know about Moblins from the Deku Tree's Wisdom: [roll0]

Samfool
2011-05-13, 01:06 PM
For the Fairy Only!

Moblins are dumbbbb but they are often subjected to rule of a smarter race/leader. Ganondorf took advantage of their weak minds and barbaric hearts and used them as foot soldiers. They understand how weapons and other technology works, but cannot make them their own. They went back to their home islands after the fall of Ganon, and reproduced very quickly. They are typically slaves and barbarians.

The Captain chuckles and says, "Nael, Captain Nael."

Looking at Nettle, he continues by saying, "They do not run the ship, they man it, but the Greudo captains are the ones who really know what is going-"

There is a gurgle of blood as the Captain's throat is slit. There, in the darkness, a Greudo woman, covered in fresh blood and sea water stands.

She lets off a wail-like laugh as she attacks the nearest armored man.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-13, 05:51 PM
Standing near Captain Nael, Iora is hit by a bit of arterial spray. She stumbles back, away from the gerudo woman, too stunned to be properly horified, her eyes wide. "What... what's going on?!"

Aw man! I know a failed spot check when I see one! Or rather, don't... :smalltongue:

Tiniere
2011-05-14, 02:51 AM
"CAPTAIN? CAPTAIN!" Nettle begins screaming loudly panicking over the captain's dying body. Frantic the fairy instinctively tries using his fairy dust to heal the fallen officer.

Attempt to heal: [roll0]

"You STOP THAT! What're you doing? HEY LISTEN TO ME!" He shouts at the agile assailant.

Samfool
2011-05-14, 10:07 AM
The healing does nothing, the wounds are magical and too deep to be closed. The light fades from the Captain's eyes as his life drains from his body.

Muahahaha, good use of 'hey listen'

The Greudo woman lashes out at another guard, but is soon surrounded. She laughs hysterically as she slashes about, and it is obvious to all that she will die, but she wont go down without a fight.

After killing the demon-woman, the guards get you two below deck and sail away. All are very quiet, and you are locked into a private room with a single guard defending the door.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-16, 07:22 PM
Iora sits quitely in the room with her arms around her knees, pulled up to her chest, staring foreward. She's done asking questions. For once her mind is not racing. She seems very far away, trying to absorb everything that's happened. Eventually she absentmindedly takes out her flute, perhaps for comfort, perhaps because it feels second nature to her now, and starts to play an old song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vmhYBg56rk) she hadn't heard for a while, filling the small room with music.

Perfom: [roll0]

Tiniere
2011-05-16, 07:49 PM
As the song plays Nettle doesn't say anything, he too is a bit too shocked and stunned by the events to say or do anything. So he hovers in place just in front of the Rito waiting for the beautiful melody to subside. He pondered how useless his magic had been, he could nearly rend a pirate ship in two but was unable to save a single man from a mortal assassin.

"That was, wonderful... but uhm... I didn't really introduce myself to you. I'm Nettle, Guardian fairy of Forest Haven, pleased to meet you Ms...?" He pauses fluttering down to the ground to stand and rest his wings. "Oh dear I don't seem to know your name either..."

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-16, 10:42 PM
Iora looks down at the fairy, apparently noticing him for the first time. She smiles a bit, happy for some one to talk to. "Oh. Thank you. Hello Nettle, I'm Iora, Iora Wynpride. A guardian fairy, you say? You're quite the rare folk. A long way from the Deku Tree, huh?"

Tiniere
2011-05-17, 08:09 AM
"Yep, we haven't been around for... quite a long time! I was brought back on a sort of... well I'm supposed to learn about the world and who the major players in it are now that Ganondorf has been defeated and all that. The Great Deku Tree and the Korok aren't very mobile so they sent a few of us out to gather news." Nettle paced slowly on the ground looking up to the Rito girl as he spoke. He thought back to what he'd seen other fairies doing and figured he could learn from Iora, she seemed to have seen a fair bit more of the world than he had.

"What about you? Why are you out here? And how'd you end up on that prison ship?"

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-17, 06:21 PM
"If only I knew that myself... One minute I was walking into an Inn, the next I was waking up on this ship with a terrible headache." She stands and stretches her arms, tryimg to get rid of the ache that came along with laying on the ship's wooden floor for so long. "I'm afraid I don't know much about the world at large as it is now. This is the first time I've left Dragon Roost in... a while, I suppose.

Tiniere
2011-05-17, 10:53 PM
"Oh dear that's quite the story. Well if it's any consolation I don't know much about what I'm doing either. Just kind of fluttering around and ended up on this boat with the... poor late Captain." Though he hadn't truly gotten to know the Captain in his time on the Ship, Nettle was still sorrow stricken with the man's death.

"Well... I don't quite know what I'll be doing now. But well... a guardian fairy needs SOMEONE to hover around and nag all hours of every day... what about YOU?" Instinctively excited over the prospect of having a new person to buzz about, Nettle took to the air again as his aura flared up and he bounced around Iora's head.

"So whaddaya think? Never heard of a Rito with her own fairy before! Oh well honestly I don't think I'd heard of your people at all before today... sorry! But isn't this exciting? We can go on adventures together! I'll look after you, keep all your cuts and scrapes clean! JUST like old great great great great..." In his excitement Nettle continues babbling to himself as he waits for the Rito to answer.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-18, 08:05 PM
Iora laughed at that, a sweet, high laugh, her first since she had left her island. Whether it was immense tension falling away, or just the irony of the situation she was in, she couldn't tell, but where other people may have seen the little fairy as annoying, she found him endearing. She holds out her arm for him to settle on, and says, "Haha, I would much enjoy having a friend with me. Wherever it is we're going..."

Danana, danana, nanana, dun dun DAAAA! You found Nettle, the guardian fairy. Keep him save, and he will help you on your quest.

Samfool
2011-05-18, 08:52 PM
Danana, danana, nanana, dun dun DAAAA! You found Nettle, the guardian fairy. Keep him save, and he will help you on your quest.

Perfect!

You both talk and talk along the way, sharing their stories and experiences. You make it to a large island with a massive Windmill that looks like it survived a recent attack. In fact, the whole town does. You are not off the ship yet, but you are within sight of the town.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-18, 09:41 PM
Iora is abovedecks, flying beside the boat, happy to be out of the confining space of the cabins when she notices the city. "Nettle, look at this! Is that Windfall Island? What do you think happened to it..?"

Samfool
2011-05-18, 09:52 PM
Iora is abovedecks, flying beside the boat, happy to be out of the confining space of the cabins when she notices the city. "Nettle, look at this! Is that Windfall Island? What do you think happened to it..?"

You are a Rito with little to no worldly knowledge. You have no idea what this place is xD

Tiniere
2011-05-19, 04:52 AM
"Is it? I don't know much for geography or the civilizations of non-wild or forest folk." Nettle struggled to keep up with Iora in flight, her larger wings carried her a bit faster than he could keep up, but cutting a few corners with his fly-like agility helped some.

"But if it is... it looks like it's seen better days uhm here let me check with a crewman?" Nettle buzzes over to the nearest sailor who isn't clearly busy with some important task.

"Hello! Sir. Mate. Chum. Er uhm... yes well sorry! I was just wondering, and Iora was too, what is that place?" He gestured to the island's town "Neither of us are all that well traveled, at least not in civilized lands, that's what you call them right?"

Samfool
2011-05-19, 12:21 PM
"This is Windfall Island. The Captain has family here.." one of the warriors muttered. None of them are in a good mood.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-19, 07:32 PM
Iora settles down on the deck, looking at the partially raized city. "Who did this...? More pirates, do you think?"

Tiniere
2011-05-19, 07:53 PM
"Dunno, it looks like whatever did it wasn't quite powerful enough to take out the town up there, I guess we'll find out soon..." Nettle buzzed beside Iora's head. "Perhaps we could go around town and investigate?"

Samfool
2011-05-19, 08:43 PM
"It was us." The warrior said, "We took this island not but a few months ago. We were victorious!"

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-19, 10:24 PM
"You? You attacked the island? But why?" Iora looks at the man in shock, seemingly baffled as to why anyone would want to attack a city like this.

Samfool
2011-05-19, 10:40 PM
"It was held by the Serahie." The man says with a touch of disgust, "They are opposing Link the Powerful, and we are his warriors."

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-19, 10:49 PM
"The Serahie?" Her eyes keep going from the island to the man, and back.

Tiniere
2011-05-20, 08:45 AM
"But... but that's a town up there isn't it? Isn't that where innocent people live? Children, elderly, sickly... why the violence?" Nettle's vocal pace slowed considerably as he fluttered down to rest on Iora's head, intent on hearing at least one side of what happened. And remembering that the Deku Tree had warned that the big folk are not always as nice, or as evil as they seem.

Samfool
2011-05-21, 10:34 AM
"Yes, the Serahie. They live to the North, next to the unknown seas. We have been at war with them for quite some time now.." He says matter-of-factly.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-23, 03:21 PM
Sorry, real busy weekend...

Iora looks genuinely suprised with this. "We? Who'se we? And why would the Serahie want to start a war..."

Samfool
2011-05-23, 05:15 PM
Sorry, real busy weekend...

Iora looks genuinely suprised with this. "We? Who'se we? And why would the Serahie want to start a war..."

"The Templars of course! We are the heroes and warriors of Link the Powerful! He is the rightful ruler of this land, and they will not assimilate with us."

Tiniere
2011-05-23, 06:26 PM
Nettle flutters lightly over to Iora's ear, a typical position for a Deku Fairy to take. He whispers very softly into her ear, praying not to be heard. "I'm not liking the sound of these guys any more... but those weapons are scary..."

He circled the Rito girl's head and spoke up "So er, now that we've been educated... what next sir?"

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-23, 08:05 PM
Iora nodds ever so slightly at the fairy's words, understanding what he's implying. She seems to agree with the night. "Of course. So what do we do when we dock there?"

Samfool
2011-05-23, 09:25 PM
Iora nodds ever so slightly at the fairy's words, understanding what he's implying. She seems to agree with the night. "Of course. So what do we do when we dock there?"

"Well, your life is your own. You are free to go where you want after you leave our care." The warrior says with a smile on his face.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-24, 07:53 PM
Iora just nodds at the knight. If the city was attacked, then there should be survivors in need of help. Maybe I was meant to be here to help them..?

Tiniere
2011-05-24, 08:21 PM
Returning to his favoured location beside Iora's head, Nettle speaks to her, more plainly this time. "So... what will we be doing with our lives?" Nettle felt like he had learned something, these Templars weren't exactly the most peaceful bunch of bipeds. The fairy wondered if this was the norm for creatures outside Forest Haven, or if this, perhaps was the sort of thing the Deku Tree would have wanted to know about.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-24, 09:48 PM
Iora speaks to Nettle, already growing used to his presence. "Well... If the city was attacked, I'm assuming there are civilans there. Maybe ones we can help. If not, we might be able to get the full story from them, so we can warn other towns..?"

Tiniere
2011-05-24, 10:16 PM
"Sounds like a plan! Oops..." He drops his excited voice back down. "So we'll tend to the townspeople... assuming they left any alive." Nettle mused over the savagery of what these people did, the beasts of the woods and the sea at least ate what they killed...

Samfool
2011-05-25, 11:36 AM
You can see that they have already started making repairs, the attacks happened a while ago.

Archaeopteryx
2011-05-26, 04:07 PM
Still, that doen't mean the village isn't in need of help. Besides, Iora doesn't really know what to do here, she's just kind of winging it. ... Pun intended. :smalltongue:

Iora moves to stand at the front of the ship, watching as the island grows larger.

Samfool
2011-05-27, 10:17 AM
Alrighty, this concludes this part of the game.

You will be joining the big boy's and girl's thread now where you are all involved ^^

Just let me get the others up to speed..