PDA

View Full Version : class with self raised dead ability

BigRob
2011-05-06, 09:55 AM
hey i'm looking for a classed that had level 5 granted the ability when you died you had a raise dead cast on you. I think it was called blood stalker of baal, but now I can't find them.

Any help ?

FreakyCheeseMan
2011-05-06, 10:01 AM
Hmm... I know Sand Shapers get resurrected if they're buried in the wastes...

Cog
2011-05-06, 10:02 AM
The Death Stalker of Bhaal is in Dragon 322, page 92.

kestrel404
2011-05-06, 10:06 AM
There's also the prestige class in Book of Exalted Deeds that you can only enter if you're currently dead (I think it's called Risen Martyr). It auto-raises you when you enter that PrC.

BigRob
2011-05-06, 10:18 AM
The Death Stalker of Bhaal is in Dragon 322, page 92.

awesome, thats the one I was looking for, now to combine it with ardent dilettante and play him as a Time lord :D

Coidzor
2011-05-06, 10:19 AM
There's also the prestige class in Book of Exalted Deeds that you can only enter if you're currently dead (I think it's called Risen Martyr). It auto-raises you when you enter that PrC.

And forces you to take nothing but Risen Martyr levels until you die permanently and can't be raised by any means.

FreakyCheeseMan
2011-05-06, 10:19 AM
awesome, thats the one I was looking for, now to combine it with ardent dilettante and play him as a Time lord :D

...oh god, what have we done?

Person_Man
2011-05-06, 11:34 AM
Semi-relevant:

Fearless Destiny feat: Once per day when you are reduced to -10 or fewer hit points, you are instead reduced to -9 and stable. Human only. Races of Destiny pg 152.

Rageclaws Soulmeld: This Totemist soulmeld grants you Diehard, which is extended by 3 hit points for every point of essentia invested in it (-13, -16, -19, etc). Note that you can get this with the Shape Soulmeld feat. So it is superior in every way to generic Die Hard (which requires Endurance) with the exception of the fact that it can't be used in an anti-magic field. It's also worth mentioning that there are other soulmelds which add temporary hit points, DR, SR, etc. Incarnates in particular are amazing tanks. Magic of Incarnum.

Death Delver PrC: Grants you Rebuke Undead, immunity to Fear, Death Ward for hours per level (immunity to death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects), Diehard, Immunity to Coup de Grace and Massive Damage, a Fear Aura, and mediocre casting from a limited list. The ECL 15 capstone Cheat Death lets you die nine times without getting killed (you’re reduced to -9 hit points instead), which is pretty darn potent for a tank. The down side of the PrC is that it only offers d8 hit die and 7/10 BAB. Heroes of Horror pg 93.

Knight: Capstone ability allows you to burn a Challenge to stay alive regardless of your hit points. You get one Challenge per level every day, so that's up to 20 rounds. As long as you have a healer in your group and some potions, you're basically indestructible unless someone uses a Wish or similar high level magic on you.

Akal Saris
2011-05-06, 12:02 PM
I'm playing a Death Stalker of Bhaal actually. It's quite a fun class, though I wish it were full casting rather than 3/5ths. :smallfrown:

Also:
Cancer Mage, Jade Phoenix Mage, and Telflammar Shadowlord all get their own bad-ass variants of raise dead, depending on whether you want to discorporate into a thousand insects, explode in a fireball, or reform out of pure shadows.