PDA

View Full Version : New Falling Anvil Feat: Divine Comedy (Feat) (ToB)

DracoDei
2011-05-06, 10:45 AM
I added a new feat to the Falling Anvil Version 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/printthread.php?t=122824) thread. Rather than bump a a high-word-count thread, I am making a new one. The first feat here is not new, but you need to understand it to get Divine Comedy.

Tragedy Leads to Comedy
You know how to turn your pain into your team-mate's laughter.
Prerequisites: One Falling Anvil Stance
Benefits: Whenever you take damage from an enemy while in a Falling Anvil stance, if you laugh it off, or scream in an amusing manner or otherwise ham it up both visually and auditorially (a free action that can be taken immediately as soon as you take the damage). If you do so, then all allies (but NOT you yourself) who can both see and hear you gain a +1 morale bonus to all saves until the end of your next turn. Alternatively you may elect to roll a d6 for a morale bonus equal to your charisma modifier for said team-mates on the following chart for the same duration. Note that if you are damaged multiple times in a round it is possible to be providing this bonus to more than one save at a time, although it depends on how the dice come up.
Roll|Applies to
1-2|Fortitude
3-4|Reflex
5-6|Will

In either case, bonuses provided by this ability CAN protect your team-mates against the same attack that damaged you (such as the reflex save associated with a Fireball), as long as you resolve your save before theirs.

Divine Comedy
"Alas poor gall-bladder! I knew him, Heartratio; A fellow of infinite digestive juices, of most excellent storage capacity; I hath borne him within my body a thousand monthes; and now how abhorred in my imagination it is!" - Gibbles the Giggler, hero of the realm, upon being shot in the chest with an arrow.

Prerequisites: Tragedy Leads to Comedy, Good Alignment, Character level 10, four Falling Anvil maneuvers.
Benefits: Good aligned beneficiaries of your use of "Tragedy Leads to Comedy Feat" may chose to count the bonus it provides as Divine, rather than Morale and if you use the option for that feat that requires a d6 roll, gain a +1 morale or divine bonus (again, at their individual options) to the two saves that do not get the variable bonus.

Debihuman
2011-05-06, 12:00 PM
Wonderful (awful pun). Works beautifully with your other stuff. Two thumbs up.

Debby

DracoDei
2011-05-06, 12:07 PM
Considering changing the "four maneuvers" part of the pre-requisites to "two stances", and maybe making the +1 bonus for the other two parts of it into a +2. It is sorta hard to judge since I don't know how common morale and/or divine bonuses to saving throws are (I know the bard can give some morale bonuses to saves, but beyond that...).