PDA

View Full Version : Good Spells for the Permanent Emanation Epic feat? And other questions...

Sims
2011-05-06, 12:15 PM
Hey ya'll. I read up on the Permanent Emanation Epic feat, and it does exactly what it says.

So what do you think besides Anti-Magic Field and Holy Aura would be best?

Also, can you have a Holy AND Unholy Aura up at the same time? I never read that you could not, but it doesn't make much sense either, unless you're True Neutral. But even then....

But then again, it is magic.

Divide by Zero
2011-05-06, 12:17 PM
Greater Consumptive Field, from Libris Mortis. Just walk through an orphanage every morning to power up.

Bonus points if you can convince your DM to let you add Fell Animate to it.

FreakyCheeseMan
2011-05-06, 01:34 PM
Eye of the Hurricane.

Or Blizzard.

Eldariel
2011-05-06, 01:41 PM
Repulsion is hilarious. It's free action to shut it off and reactivate it so you can push any number of people around as long as they can fail the save on nat 1; just keep activating and deactivating it until they fail.

Shoat
2013-12-14, 02:31 PM
Holy and Unholy Auras are bursts, not emanations and Blizzard is a "spread". So sadly they won't work.

Eye of the Hurricane wins in terms of epicness, that much is certain.

Repulsion is hilarious. It's free action to shut it off and reactivate it so you can push any number of people around as long as they can fail the save on nat 1; just keep activating and deactivating it until they fail.

That is pretty cool. A friend is running a campaign and gave permanent emanation (repulsion) to the King of a country.

But still, isn't there a limit on how many free actions one can do per turn?

cakellene
2013-12-14, 02:38 PM
Holy and Unholy Auras are bursts, not emanations and Blizzard is a "spread". So sadly they won't work.

Eye of the Hurricane wins in terms of epicness, that much is certain.

That is pretty cool. A friend is running a campaign and gave permanent emanation (repulsion) to the King of a country.

But still, isn't there a limit on how many free actions one can do per turn?

The limit is the patience of your DM.

Eldan
2013-12-14, 02:48 PM
I gave a character Silence as a permanent emanation once. It was quite hilarious.

Eldariel
2013-12-14, 02:51 PM
Free action limits don't exist by RAW. Since the end result is pushing all enemies who can fail saves on 1 away, it's usually easiest to just jump ahead and push all enemies who will eventually fail a save away without separately considering each activation (unless order of events is relevant).

That said, this thread is 2 years old. Be wary.

bekeleven
2013-12-14, 03:10 PM
The one you see Tippy recommend often is Selective Antimagic Field. Selective Spell is a +1 metamagic from Shining South that lets you designate one person immune to a spell, per casting.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-12-14, 03:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4Zeah.jpg

cakellene
2013-12-14, 04:02 PM
Wonder what page this thread was on it before the necro.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-12-14, 04:12 PM
Wonder what page this thread was on it before the necro.

Page 798 between "pathfinder gnomish sorcerer help" and " Playing as a Witcher"

Krobar
2013-12-14, 05:32 PM
I'm a fan of Aura of Terror and Adoration of the Frightful (obviously requires two Permanent Emanations).

Chronos
2013-12-14, 08:53 PM
Note that Repulsion does not push enemies away; it simply prevents them from getting closer, for the duration of the spell. Which resets every time you re-activate it. So if you've got multiple people in your vicinity, you'd have to keep re-activating until all of them managed to fail their saves at once. Which is going to be hard, given that you probably don't even have any way of knowing who failed their save at all, and will almost certainly run into whatever limit your DM imposes on free actions (20 might work for some DMs, but probably not 400 or 8000).

Although, Aura of Terror has potential... Can you re-start it multiple times without deactivating it in between, and if so, do the effects stack? Ordinarily, I'd say no, but Aura of Terror has specific rules that if you already have a fear aura when you cast it, it improves in various ways.