PDA

View Full Version : Level 25 Arcane/Divine Character help. 9/9's? we are talking Epic/Epic

gallagher
2011-05-06, 02:53 PM
So i have never played an epic game before, but as i have been told, epic spells are cast using a spellcraft check, improving the mystic theurge a lot.

problem: im not sure how to turn this up to 11. i have an inkling of the start of my build. i am thinking Spellthief 1/Sorc 4/ Ur-Priest 2/ Mystic Theurge 8/ Geomancer 10

can i get Geomancer's spellcasting to improve MT's casting? i can turn this into a CHA-focused build, so can i afford to take 2 levels from MT and put that into Paladin?

also, what drifts are best to choose? i have yet to play a geomancer, so i am not sure if there are any other prestige class dips to go with. heck, i have a lot of open feats, considering that Ur-Priest, MT, and Geomancer dont really have difficult prereqs, so i have options for how to build this too.

also, if there are any tips on epic spellcasting, they would be both appreciated and useful!

gallagher
2011-05-06, 02:57 PM
also, can i afford to take some of my levels and sink them in a template? can i afford to go into aasimar or something? maybe hellbred? this is still the planning stages, so any advice will be considered

Flickerdart
2011-05-06, 03:06 PM
Mystic Theurge has no casting of its own, so Geometer cannot progress it.

You will want Wizard instead of Sorcerer in your build so you can grab ranks in all three of the Knowledge skills that grant Epic spell slots. Congratulations! You just won the game. Make sure to take Leadership so that your cohort, also an Epic spellcaster, can contribute you slots for making spells.

gallagher
2011-05-06, 03:12 PM
Mystic Theurge has no casting of its own, so Geometer cannot progress it.

You will want Wizard instead of Sorcerer in your build so you can grab ranks in all three of the Knowledge skills that grant Epic spell slots. Congratulations! You just won the game. Make sure to take Leadership so that your cohort, also an Epic spellcaster, can contribute you slots for making spells.

DOUBLE DRAT. i was hoping that that trick would work. well then what would be the most effective way to get epic arcane and divine casting?

Fable Wright
2011-05-06, 03:19 PM
DOUBLE DRAT. i was hoping that that trick would work. well then what would be the most effective way to get epic arcane and divine casting?

...You have Ur-Priest as your divine class. Ur-priest in this progression gets nines, and the sorcerer gets level 22 casting. And then you can't cast any further with Ur-Priest.

If you want to drop two levels of Mystic theurge, you can still cast epic spells on both sides (keep in mind, you only need 9th level spells), but if you want the paladin levels, you won't get above caster level 18 for either side, but you will have double nines. Just sink two of the geomancer casting progression from the Ur-Priest side.

And then you get Practised Spellcaster for the caster levels.

TheCoelacanth
2011-05-06, 03:36 PM
Easiest way is Wizard 3/Druid 3/Mystic Theurge 7/Arcane Heirophant 10 (RotW).

If you really want to use Cleric instead of Druid you could take a level of Wildrunner (RotW) to qualify for Arcane Heirophant. Cloistered Cleric and Travel domain would make it easier to meet the skill prerequisites. This way would take until ECL 24 instead of ECL 23 with the first method.

Divide by Zero
2011-05-06, 03:37 PM
Psion/Wizard/Archivist/Mystic Theurge/Psychic Theurge/Cerebremancer got 9/9/9 at level 27 thanks to some early entry shenanigans. That was a fun character.