PDA

View Full Version : The New Shadow (IC)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-06, 09:57 PM
The sun sets on the city of the guard. A patrol rides past, three men on horses moving without much haste from one end of the district to the other. You slip into the backalley, reaching a small door leading into the cellar of a house. This is the house of Borlas, who has contacted you by means of a secret message to come this very night to see him, a matter most grave the subject.

Jallorn
2011-05-06, 10:38 PM
Ivoreg is clothed in the dark garb of the ranger, bow on back and sword at hip. Pulling down his hood to reveal a noble countenance, albeit with long shaggy hair, he says nothing, his face patient and his countenance attentive to every detail.

Hazzardevil
2011-05-07, 09:02 AM
Silme Yanta (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=48030) is dressed in green clothes like the hero Legolas with a spear and bow on his back, with a hood that covers his ears.

Drogos
2011-05-08, 02:07 AM
Balladar Brightblade walks at a respectable distance away from the other two. He didn't know as to why the three of them had been called. They didn't seem to have a thing in common, except maybe skill with arms of some type. Upon reaching the door, he stares and waits for the two ahead of to perhaps make an attempt to enter the building they were invited to, but they seemed lost in thought. He moves past them and knocks on the door, but waits for someone else to break the silence.

Snow Leopard
2011-05-08, 04:35 AM
Sydoc, wearing a scale mail and carrying a bastard sword on his left side, is waiting next the cellar door, with his back leaning against the wall. He wants to talk to Borlas to find out what is going on, on the other hand he hasn't gone inside yet to assess the situation. Is this a private meeting or are there more people?

Suddenly, he sees three people approaching, one of them comes next to him and knocks on the door.

"Hi, I am Sydoc, are you here to see Borlas too?"

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-09, 09:27 AM
The light is slowly fading, and locals move in the nearby street to light lamps.

Drogos
2011-05-09, 11:46 AM
Alright this is getting tiresome. Perhaps our host did not here my first knock. Coming gentlemen?

Baladar knocks loudly once more and attempts to let himself in.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-09, 12:34 PM
Alright this is getting tiresome. Perhaps our host did not here my first knock. Coming gentlemen?

Baladar knocks loudly once more and attempts to let himself in.

A longbow is levelled at Baladar's head the moment he enters, a wiry old man holding the weapon.

"State your business!"

Jallorn
2011-05-09, 01:34 PM
I have been sent as an Ithilien Ranger to speak with Borlas, Ivoreg says, pulling back his cloak to reveal his nature.

Snow Leopard
2011-05-09, 01:53 PM
Ooc: I am sorry, an internal browser error gave me a double post.

Snow Leopard
2011-05-09, 01:56 PM
Sydoc sidesteps in order to see the old man. He is ready for a (possible) action, even if he doesn't have his hand on the sword.

"I am soldier of the garrison located in Minas Tirith, here to see Borlas too."

Drogos
2011-05-09, 02:42 PM
And I am Baladar Brightblade of the Guard. Borlas called all of us here for a meeting. We wish to see what his reason is, though I have a hunch. You know our names now, care to tell us yours?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-09, 07:50 PM
And I am Baladar Brightblade of the Guard. Borlas called all of us here for a meeting. We wish to see what his reason is, though I have a hunch. You know our names now, care to tell us yours?

The man lowers his bow.

"I am Borlas, and you are welcome into my home. Enter, and be quick. The night holds many dangers."

Snow Leopard
2011-05-10, 03:34 AM
Sydoc gives Borlas a nod and wait behind Baladar to enter

Jallorn
2011-05-10, 10:50 AM
Ivoreg nods and enters quickly and silently.

Drogos
2011-05-10, 11:23 AM
Good. Then you are Borlas. We would much like to hear your story.

Baladar enters the building, turning so the silver halberd strapped to his back does not bang against the door frame. He enters the room and surveys the room, looking with interest towards the man who summoned them.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-10, 01:55 PM
Good. Then you are Borlas. We would much like to hear your story.

Baladar enters the building, turning so the silver halberd strapped to his back does not bang against the door frame. He enters the room and surveys the room, looking with interest towards the man who summoned them.

"I will speak plainly. Many of the youth of this city have taken to dressing in the likeness of orcs and performing acts of crime. In the past, they have been simple theft or vandalism, but there have been disappearances of late."

Hazzardevil
2011-05-11, 10:18 AM
Silme enters:
This is troubling, how many dissapearances and how long has this been happening?
He folds his arms and swiftly steps inside.

----------------------------------
OOC:
When are we having an OOC thread or are we doing it in this thread as well?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-11, 09:16 PM
Silme enters:
This is troubling, how many dissapearances and how long has this been happening?
He folds his arms and swiftly steps inside.

----------------------------------
OOC:
When are we having an OOC thread or are we doing it in this thread as well?

"For months now."

He pours out cups of water for everyone, and puts a basket of bread at the table.

OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10972530#post10972530)

Jallorn
2011-05-11, 09:18 PM
Ivoreg ignores the food and drink, I assume we're operating under the assumption that there's some sort of ringleader we can take down, yes? Because if it's just a bunch of kids, I'm not sure what we can do.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-11, 09:21 PM
Ivoreg ignores the food and drink, I assume we're operating under the assumption that there's some sort of ringleader we can take down, yes? Because if it's just a bunch of kids, I'm not sure what we can do.

"His name is Herumor, and please, eat something, I would not be a guard of the citadel if I didn't provide for those in my care."

Jallorn
2011-05-11, 09:23 PM
I have already eaten, thank you. How did you find out about this Herumor?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-11, 09:25 PM
I have already eaten, thank you. How did you find out about this Herumor?

"Hrmpf, rangers."

"The youth speak of him often. He is a Swarthy Man, and though Elessar, the Valar keep him, bid us join hands with his kind, I do not trust the evil look about him. He all together looks too fair and feels too foul."

Drogos
2011-05-11, 09:34 PM
Do we know where to find Herumor? It sounds like it is he who we have to talk to. I have heard his name before, as I too have been keeping up with the increasingly worrisome activities of those street urchins. We would need to find evidence of his involvement with the disappearances. Speaking of which, do we have any information on who it was that has gone missing?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-11, 09:52 PM
Do we know where to find Herumor? It sounds like it is he who we have to talk to. I have heard his name before, as I too have been keeping up with the increasingly worrisome activities of those street urchins. We would need to find evidence of his involvement with the disappearances. Speaking of which, do we have any information on who it was that has gone missing?

"He lives in the lower ring. Many people have been taken, none readily noticed until days later."

Snow Leopard
2011-05-12, 02:58 AM
Sydoc approaches the table and eats a piece of bread, tasting each bite.

"The issue that puzzles me is: the disappearances are going on for months, how come you only noticed it a few days ago? What gave you the sensation that something was wrong?”

Sydoc looks Borlas closely to find out if there is an incongruity in his speech.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-12, 09:13 AM
Sydoc approaches the table and eats a piece of bread, tasting each bite.

"The issue that puzzles me is: the disappearances are going on for months, how come you only noticed it a few days ago? What gave you the sensation that something was wrong?”

Sydoc looks Borlas closely to find out if there is an incongruity in his speech.

"I noticed them long before I sought you. Your aid is needed because I am known to Herumor."

Snow Leopard
2011-05-12, 03:15 PM
"Then give me all the information you have and I will help you" says Sydoc, waiting for the answer of the other men.

Hazzardevil
2011-05-21, 10:17 AM
And how did Herumor notice you and why is he worried, he's a lord of the dark, doesn't he have more pressing matters?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-05-21, 10:18 AM
And how did Herumor notice you and why is he worried, he's a lord of the dark, doesn't he have more pressing matters?

"Now don't be hasty. We know nothing for certain, but his actions have been suspect."

Drogos
2011-05-21, 11:40 AM
Well then what would you suggest we do? Seeking him out at him home to see if there is evidence for these suspicions seems to be the only approach to this. And let us not be too suspicious of our host. I'm sure his intentions were pure when he called us. There are far more discreet characters to hire for a job such as this than members of the Guard such as myself.

Jallorn
2011-05-21, 11:51 AM
Such as me. We Rangers are plenty skilled at remaining hidden.

Hazzardevil
2011-05-21, 04:23 PM
Me as well, I was sent from my monastery in Mirkwood to see you and I got no infomation when I was there. I don't care if the Dark Lord himself is returning, but I want answers before I do anything.
I don't even know how you discovered the monastery, it is simply a group of trees where elves meditate and hone their bodies and minds

Snow Leopard
2011-05-23, 10:15 AM
"I suggest seeking him out at his home, like Baladar says, and tail him. In this way we could also be sure when his home is empty”