PDA

View Full Version : Starsign's Solo Game (IC)

Tsumeken
2011-05-06, 10:37 PM
The city was a rough place. On one hand, you had those people who tried to get by but could never quite make it. On the other hand, you had those people that could make it but mainly wanted to make it really miserable for anyone they could. One of those people was Grok. Grok was a small-time punk who usually got by with a few petty thefts here and there. Being one of the bottom rung creatures of the city (a kobold), sneaking around and being just downright underhanded was some of the best things he could do. For this, it was no wonder why he was usually called onto scout places out or look as a lookout for bigger groups, often living off like a hyena by making due with the scraps.

He was on lookout tonight for just that reason. Down on his luck, he now had to make sure he could get through the days and the only way he could seem to do that, for now, was dishonestly. There'd been a rumor going around though about some large beast that seemed to have a certain enjoyment at coming around and rearranging the faces and other bodily parts of anyone who dared try to make a dishonest living. His nerves on edge, he carefully continued his duties, counting the minutes until the job was done.

Starsign
2011-05-07, 08:50 AM
The streets of the city were sometimes quiet, sometimes not. More recently it's been getting the sound of two feet that have been walking around the city. No, not just two feet, two powerful hooves whose sound almost makes people think that the ground crumbles at it's every step. Those two hooves have been moving around the night, working on it's, or rather his own business.

Nights were never a frightening time for Crushhorn. Though even some of the larger creatures also prowl the night as predators, the superpowered minotaur showed no signs of backing down. Being about the only superpowered being in the city who would actively fight criminals and other villains, it was a hard and tough life; the minotaur however, was all set for it, he had no ideas of letting it go. Tonight he was looking for this kobold whose work was small-talk, but a threat and annoyance nonetheless. He moved through the alleyways before he had hoped to have found the guy he was looking for. Steam bellowed out Crushhorn's snout; he was mighty, he knew it, and he would take every advantage of it.

Tsumeken
2011-05-07, 06:42 PM
Deciding it was a good idea to calm his nerves, Grok reached into the pocket of his rags, pulling out a small stick of chocolate and taking a bite. The sweet taste had always calmed him in the past as he began to drift a little to the left, looking down an alley. He blinked a couple times, thinking his eyes were deceiving him ... but there stood perhaps the biggest bull he'd ever seen. He nearly dropped his chocolate as he turned to try to run.

Starsign
2011-05-07, 06:55 PM
Crushhorn's blood-red eyes starred at the kobold for a moment before the minotaur's walk became a rush of speed. He did what he could to catch up to the much smaller being and brought his hoof down on him, determined to keep him locked in a position he couldn't free from. He kept silent for the moment, determined to strike fear without words.

Attempt to grapple.

Melee Touch to grab the target: [roll0]

Grapple Check: [roll1]
BAB = +17, Str Modifier = +8, Size modifier = +4

Tsumeken
2011-05-07, 07:49 PM
(Poor thing...)

The small creature lets out an "Ack!" as your hoof steps down upon his tail, catching him and causing him to fall to the ground. He begins to scratch at an attempt to claw himself away but due to your size and strength is held fast.

Starsign
2011-05-07, 07:58 PM
The small scratches Grok was making was weaker than thrown stones to the minotaur. As Crushhorn keeps the kobold down, he bends down to Grok; steam blowing once again out of his snout in the kobold's face before speaking. "Hmph. How much theft have you committed by now?" His voice gruff and deep. It was obvious he wasn't going to take any crap from Grok, if the kobold could even talk back to the large minotaur. "Why do you think I come here to you now kobold?" He emphasized the word 'kobold'.

Tsumeken
2011-05-09, 08:59 AM
The Kobold didn't know what to do, it was miracle he hadn't fainted. He shook out of fear as he pointed towards a nearby warehouse which he had been charged with guarding. "I..I I don't know anything! Please they just pay me to stand guard!" He hoped the larger hunter would move on to the bigger prey if he helped point out their location

Starsign
2011-05-09, 09:42 AM
Crushhorn's eyes narrowed on the kobold. "I'll see to them," he said, giving a pause as a spot of hope for Grok. "But now... You. Tell. Me. Why should I not do the same to you? I know your thievery, and I've only been sparing you pain now because that's as far as you ever gone. But I suggest a reason for me to let you be now. Not a simple plea that you'll stop it, or a contradiction to my accusations I'm making against you. Give me a good reason... now." his hands stayed from throwing a punch, though Grok could see them starting to clench into a fist.

Tsumeken
2011-05-11, 09:37 AM
The Kobold didn't know what to do now, without assistance he could do nothing. He shook while being held and finally snapped, he couldn't take it anymore. "HELP! HELP! SOMEBODY GET THIS GUY OFF ME!" His shrieking was most likely directed towards the one who hired him tonight, no doubt they would hear his shrill cry nd either come to his aid or flee.

Starsign
2011-05-11, 11:31 AM
Crushhorn should have realized sooner to knock out the kobold before he called for help. In a flurry, the minotaur brought down his fists upon Grok, quickly subduing him so he wouldn't be a problem. Crushhorn would be willing to punish the kobold more later on, after he'd take care of the other coming foes who will hopefully be more of a fight.

Will attack Grok with unarmed strike, nonlethal damage to subdue him.
[roll0] Nonlethal Damage if it connects: [roll1]

Also, perhaps we can use the Damage Conversion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/damageConversion.htm) rules? It has the total of Armor AC and Natural AC (unless a character has regeneration, then Natural AC should be ignored for that character) turn lethal damage into nonlethal damage. In this case Crushhorn turns 9 points of lethal damage done to him into nonlethal each time he is damaged.

This way my character can have an easier time following a "Thou Shall Not Kill" rule that a number of superheroes follow (they could be put in a prison so they don't become recurring) and in the case my character loses a fight he'll hopefully won't be dead and we can continue the game (though perhaps with a consequence for losing).

Can we go with that please? :smallsmile: (sorry about not asking before we started, I didn't know about Damage Conversion until now...)

Tsumeken
2011-05-12, 07:55 PM
The kobold quiets as it falls to the ground. Two lizardmen rush out from the building. Each hold a spear as they rush for you.

Starsign
2011-05-12, 08:28 PM
Crushhorn turns up to the oncoming lizardmen. A somewhat bloodthirsty smile came upon the minotaur's face as he himself charged towards the enemies head and horn first, unfazed of their spears. Now this is more like it! he thought to himself, loving the adrenaline and rush of battle.

Crushhorn will charge to the enemy and use his Headbutt (From the Minotaur class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10295137&postcount=275)), dealing 4d6+16 gore damage (size advantage over Medium size), pushed back 5' for every 5 points of damage at the end of it and knocking the lizardmen backwards. If Crushhorn crashes either or both lizardfolk directly into a wall or solid object, they take an extra 8d6+24 damage (from the Dungeoncrasher Fighter varient from Dungeonscape) and Crushhorn had +3 AC to Attacks of Opportunity while charging (due to Uberbarian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10888822&postcount=90))

Initiative: [roll0]
Gore attack: [roll1]
Gore damage: [roll2] Enemy/enemies are pushed back 25 feet.
Damage if enemy crashed into a solid object by Crushhorn's charge: [roll3]

Tsumeken
2011-05-12, 10:07 PM
As Crushorn slams into the lizardman as the other dodges out of the way (only can target 1), causing him to break through the warehouse wall. The second lizard attempts to hurl his spear in your direction.

(Actual combat will begin pending the results of Init rolls).

Init: [roll0]
To hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Starsign
2011-05-12, 10:16 PM
The thrown spear does nothing more than stick to Crushhorn's shoulder for a moment before harmlessly falling to the ground. The minotaur then takes the spear and breaks it in half as a show of anger and intimidation. "Insolent weaking," he called out to the lizardman who threw the spear, thinking the one he slammed and gored was down. "This better be a good lesson for you not take criminal activities."

The spear hit, but was nullified by Crushhorn's DR.

Crushhorn breaks the spear: [roll0]
Intimidation roll: [roll1]

Tsumeken
2011-05-13, 06:49 PM
The Lizardman flees quickly leaving behind whatever he was holding. If not the uselessness of his spear then the broken body of his comrade was enough to send him running.

Inside the warehouse through the broken wall a set of eyes watched Crushhorns display with curiousity and rage before disappearing into the floor as shouts began to come from up the alleyways.

"This way men, the disturbance was reported from the warehouse district!" The shouting and clanking of armor could be heard, the knights who had taken to policing the city were coming. Though maybe they would catch more criminals if they were not so proud to announce their arrival with all that clanking armor.

Starsign
2011-05-13, 07:15 PM
Crushhorn hears the shouting of the knights as he sees the set of eyes appear and disappeared too quickly for the minotaur's liking. As much as he wanted to show off, it would be overall better if he went after the thing in the warehouse. Crushhorn immediately entered the warehouse through the wall he made. "Who's left in here?" the minotaur superhero asks, as subtly was mostly not possible for him and would rather go in with muscle instead.

Spot check to find any other enemies: [roll0]

Tsumeken
2011-05-16, 09:28 AM
DM Roll:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Though your strength is beyond measure, your sight is anything but super but still not average. Nevertheless, you see nothing but you can hear and smell something. The sound is that of small claws skittering in the darkness and the smell is that of a wet rat.

Starsign
2011-05-16, 04:09 PM
The lack of sound or sight tensed... no, aggravated the minotaur. Within a few seconds Crushhorn grew angry, "Rrraaaggghhh"! He began swinging his arms around wildly while smashing and crashing the warehouse, determined that he will find the leader of the group and put him down. His red eyes shown as if they glowed in the darkness.

Tsumeken
2011-05-17, 02:20 PM
to hit and damage
[roll0]
[roll1]

(I can't remeber your ac so....)

If that hit you
a bolt flies fast from behind as it sticks into your right shoulder, spinning around you see a Wererat wearing a black suit of leather armor and a rather odd set of boots

If not
A bolt flies past your ear from behind as it sticks into the wall, spinning around you see a Wererat wearing a black suit of leather armor and a rather odd set of

Starsign
2011-05-17, 02:30 PM
Crushhorn only feels a small object knock his right shoulder before he turns to the person that shot it, glad to have gotten somewhere aside from a rampage through the warehouse. "You should know to never throw stones!" The minotaur was a little dim-witted in that he had no idea the wererat shot a bolt at him, not a stone. "Now... Are you the leader of this gang, or perhaps you can lead me to your boss?" Crushhorn started walking forwards to the wererat. He did take interest in the wererat's attire; "...where did you get that armor and leggings?" His tone gave the idea that he thought the wererat stole them.

Crushhorn's AC is 20. The bolt damage is also nullified by DR.

Tsumeken
2011-05-19, 03:11 PM
The rat snickered and laughed, "these they were gifts, as for leaders. You'll meet him soon enough, but before that!" In what was either desperation or insanity, the rat creature leapt towards Crushhorn and attempted to grab onto the large bull's frame

Grapple check [roll0]
Rake with claws if hit[roll1]

Starsign
2011-05-19, 03:38 PM
The minotaur smirks at the wererat's foolish attempt to dive onto him. Crushhorn simply bats out a fist in response, and then in turn, smashes the wererat for even bothering with the attempt. Crushhorn then told the wererat, "Who gave you that attire you wear? Take me to your leader and perhaps I can spare any more punishment for you." For a moment the minotaur wasn't aware if the wererat was still conscious or not.

Unarmed Attack: [roll0] Non-lethal Damage: [roll1] This is provided the AoO below succeeds first.

Attack of Opportunity in response to the wererat's grapple with an Unarmed Attack: [roll2] Non-lethal Damage: [roll3]

Tsumeken
2011-05-23, 01:45 PM
Both of your blows connect sending the ratman to the ground but only reeling due to his regenverative abilities keeping him concious. "I won't tell you anything nor do I have to!" A loud crashing sound is heard followed by many armored footsteps, the guards have apparently arrived.

(I didn't know if Crushhorn would be one of those guys to wait for the police or vigilante run from the police types so I left this open for you instead of just having them see you.)

Starsign
2011-05-23, 05:43 PM
Crushhorn looks at the wererat in disgust. "Bah!" He then immediately goes and punches the wererat's lights out in rage before leaving quickly, if rather unsubtly through a nearby wall, hopefully without the knights noticing him. The minotaur was willing to do what it takes to take care of the criminals and villains of the city. It mattered not how difficult it would be, so long as it was doable; and if it was doable, nothing would stop Crushhorn from achieving it.

Nonlethal Unarmed Attack on the wererat again: [roll0]
Nonlethal damage: [roll1]

After my attack Crushhorn vigilante run's from the guards.

Tsumeken
2011-05-25, 02:10 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

As you are running ast least one of the guard squads do spot you (as stealthy as you can try to be in running you are a giant minotaur) however they opt to acoust the wererat instead along with the unconious lizardman and kobold and bring them in. You watch from a safe distance as this happens, the sun will soon be up and whoever had orchastrated this will be most likely in hiding.

~Morning~

The day wanes on slowly and finally comes to a close as the sun sets. The local bar called Nightwalkers is open tonight which is a rare occasion as it only opens per request which means thatt there is most likely a bigshot visiting from either out of town or from within holding himself a party.

Starsign
2011-05-25, 03:36 PM
Crushhorn had a pretty generic day. Not much for superhero business when you need to legally acquire some funds to survive. When the night came however, the minotaur was intrigued by Nightwalkers being open. Crushhorn could not last remember when it was opened, but he was sure it wasn't in quite a long time. He usually went to the Giant's Fist to kill time, but something about Nightwalkers made him curious; he wasn't sure if it was the meaning of it's name and/or how it's only opened per request of some important person. Regardless, Crushhorn decided to enter the place. He had the feeling he could get some interesting information there; provided it was not a trap, primed or not. When it opened Crushhorn went to the doors and let himself in, not needing for a disguise; he'd be easy to spot anyway.

Tsumeken
2011-05-25, 03:55 PM
for once no one seems to notice you enter the room, or perhaps they notice but they choose not to react. The bar itself is filled with a light smell of flowers wafting through the air acoompinied sometimes by the sound of light music playing from a nearby band. The bar itself seems to be quite a quaint and enjoyable place, or at least it was until someone walks towards you. "My my, what have we here, you don't seem the type to take in these places do you?" The person in question should be honored for his courage, or pitied for his stupidity. It is a man wearing a rather expensive looking white coat lined with a bit of gold trim. He stands tall at about 6' 2" but is a dwarf to your size. His hair is slicked in a cow-lick and a pencil moustache adorns his pale face. from behind a pair of darkened lensed d glasses red eyes look you over.

Starsign
2011-05-25, 04:46 PM
The bar was a lot more peaceful, and a lot less shady on the outside, than Crushhorn had expected. His plan was basically to order the strongest ale on the menu and get rowdy on the other tall muscles, but the calming atmosphere left him at a sort of ease, not one that keeps him safe, but one that calmed him, even if he didn't show it. The minotaur just kicked back a bit on a table with his hooves on it until the man came. "It was hardly what I expected," he commented back, almost as a retort. "Might I be that much of an eyesore to you?" He kept his voice calm despite clearly not being in the mood for being friendly to some strange man.

Tsumeken
2011-05-25, 06:15 PM
"You seem to be confusing me sir with a bouncer" The man retorts back, "I merely meant you seem out of place, however you are indeed free to stay if you wish." he took a bow before introducing himself, "My name is Elaan, I am one of the more well known members of this establishment. If you wish I could give you a breif tour."

Starsign
2011-05-25, 06:19 PM
Crushhorn gave a pause at the man's offer before considering that he really had nothing else to do. "I'll take you up on the offer for this tour," he said, getting out of the seat and standing up again. "How come this place isn't usually open?"

Tsumeken
2011-05-27, 02:28 PM
"We only open for a exclusive bit of clientle. Sometimes not for months at a time, most people use the bar as a escape from society." As he shows you around you see for yourself humans dressed well and easily identifiable as high society drinking and making merry along with hanging thier arms around two or more of the bars provided entertainment.. "We keep up our end to show them a good time for their trouble and they in turn keep us in business, it is a very symbiotic relationship." He stops at a booth and motions for you to sit as he does the same across the way from you.

Starsign
2011-05-27, 03:28 PM
Crushhorn goes to sit as he mentions, "Haven't ever cared much for symbolism." Once sit, he gets conferable through stretching and leaning back. "Why is the place open tonight? Some royalty rented themselves the place open for tonight?" Suddenly he had the urge to get something to drink; he usually never lasts 10 minutes sober in a bar.

Tsumeken
2011-05-30, 06:18 PM
"Something like that yes, we rent to both good and bad people, money knows no master and ourselves no limit." Seeing you eye the bar he waves a hand as a few moments later a tall lager is placed in front of you, "On the house of course, perhaps we can even do some business together sometime."

Tsumeken
2011-05-30, 06:19 PM
"Something like that yes, we rent to both good and bad people, money knows no master and ourselves no limit." Seeing you eye the bar he waves a hand as a few moments later a tall lager is placed in front of you, "On the house of course, perhaps we can even do some business together sometime."