PDA

View Full Version : tibbit natural spell house rule question

Darth Stabber
2011-05-07, 06:19 PM
Okay, so natural spell is a druid only feat, but would it be reasonable to house rule that a tibbit can take the feat to cast spells in cat form? Is it inherently broken to be a wizard kitty, since you have to wait for 6th for it anyway? I ask this because I am considering letting a tibbit dread necromancer take the feat.

Amnestic
2011-05-07, 06:29 PM
Personally? I houserule they don't need it, and can cast in their kitty form regardless.

That said, I don't think having to spend a feat is too much, but perhaps Still Spell might be better for a Wizard? I forget if they can't utilise verbal components as a kitty, but a Pearl of Speech (MIC) should handle that handily.

Thurbane
2011-05-07, 07:50 PM
I don't think allowing a Tibbit access to Natural Spell to cast in cat form is any more broken than the feat's intended use.

Having said that, the RAW version is Surrogate Spellcasting (Savage Species), but it has sucky reqs for most arcane casters.

NNescio
2011-05-07, 07:52 PM
Surrogate Spellcasting, Savage Species, Page 39. It's basically Natural Spell for non-druids. Like Natural Spell, it has a Wis requirement of 13, which can be a bummer for classes who dump Wis (read: most wizards).

The intended use is for animals (or 'beast'-like characters, as well as monster characters in general) to be able to cast spells, 'though a polymorphed wizard can use it as well. This fits perfectly well with your character concept on both fronts.

Savage Species is technically 3.0 though, so this may be a problem with some DMs.

Edit: Gah, swordsaged.

FMArthur
2011-05-08, 05:55 AM
It could get a little nasty and borderline abusive with Sparrow Hengeyokai spellcasters at low levels, though.

mootoall
2011-05-08, 01:11 PM
Hmm, normally I'd say use psionics with a tibbit, but I don't think they do undead very well. I'd say allow it. After all, tibbits don't get huge combat bonii.