PDA

View Full Version : Snacks? What food and drink do you play with?

randomhero00
2011-05-07, 06:30 PM
My favorite, and yes I know this is genius, is a stick of peperoni, and a block of cheese, served with beverage of choice. Mhmmmhmmmm

B1okHead
2011-05-07, 06:41 PM
I just aint a good session if eveything isn't covered in cheeto dust ;)

dsmiles
2011-05-07, 06:43 PM
Mountain Dew and Skittles.

Nerocite
2011-05-07, 07:13 PM
Pop-tarts and water. I used to eat Cheetos, but they were way to messy.

Loki_42
2011-05-07, 07:30 PM
Rice and Donuts. But that's cause most of my friends don't bring snacks.

Cisturn
2011-05-07, 07:34 PM
A big bag of chex mix tends to last a session, though i believe the classics are funyuns and mountain dew.

Traab
2011-05-07, 07:40 PM
chips and salsa, sometimes candy. When I raided in World of Warcraft I drank long island ice teas. Only way to play, dead drunk.

Bobby Archer
2011-05-07, 09:23 PM
Usually, my groups order dinner before we start, so it's usually some kind of food (Thai, Mediterranean, Italian), and soda or tea. I've had to replace character sheets due to over-saucing more than once.

doliest
2011-05-07, 09:30 PM
Tangerines. Lots of them. Oh, and apples. The juicy-ness distracts me from trying to go 'Killer-DM.' One session happened without them. First level characters had to fight four Ogres. After getting lucky and surviving, the players vowed never to let that happen again.

Shpadoinkle
2011-05-07, 10:03 PM
Dr Pepper is my trademark favorite drink, though I switched over to Diet Dr Pepper maybe... five or six years ago.

Cheetos get oil and orange dust over the books and character sheets so they're banned from the table (unless you pour some out onto a plate and eat them with chopsticks), but other chips aren't.

Welknair
2011-05-07, 11:01 PM
Mountaindew and assorted chips. Occasionally with homemade cookies and/or brownies. Those warrant a +1 on a random roll during the game. My group can power through a 24-pack of Mountaindew in a single game. It's frightening and I get the feeling they need to roll a Fort save each time they do so. Surprisingly, I'm the only out of my group that doesn't drink Mountaindew.

Deity
2011-05-07, 11:32 PM
Chinese steamed buns of various flavour.

Bobby Archer
2011-05-08, 12:14 AM
Chinese steamed buns of various flavour.

Ooh, that sounds really good.

Knaight
2011-05-08, 01:58 AM
Various meals (Real macaroni and cheese*, gyoza, and garlic potatoes are favorites) are typical for food. Vimto is the drink of choice for everyone in my group but me, I prefer unsweetened or minimally sweetened tea.

*If Kraft is involved in any way it is not real.

Ogremindes
2011-05-08, 02:06 AM
Real macaroni and cheese...

I recently found out how to make the stuff, and it's stupid easy. 1 500g pack of macaroni, cooked; 1 cup milk; 1/2 cup cream or sour cream; 1 cup grated cheese; seasonings to taste. Combine in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until thickened. Serve. Stuff kraft's horrible orange powder.

Shinizak
2011-05-08, 02:34 AM
I feast on the tears of my players as they watch their hopes and dreams come crumbling down.

That or ramen & soda.

Drglenn
2011-05-08, 02:48 AM
Drink-wise: If I want a quick wake-up 'buzz' then an energy drink (usually a cheap, generic one because I'm a cheapskate), If I want to save (even more) money and/or I just want to be able to keep going: Coke (again, usually cheap, generic variety). In the very rare circumstance that I'm actually fully awake: Water, Squash, whatever's available.

Snacks I don't put a lot of thought into, whatever I feel like at the time (usually chocolate-based) and/or whatever other people have brought to share

Violet Octopus
2011-05-08, 03:59 AM
Since my game is at my house, I usually make something on the stove. Steamed vegetables with couscous or noodles, topped with a couple of spoonfuls of tahini is dead easy.

Caffeine seems to have no effect on my wakefulness, and sugar makes me jittery in a way that ruins concentration, so I tend to avoid junk food when I DM.

Warlawk
2011-05-08, 04:04 AM
Cheetos get oil and orange dust over the books and character sheets so they're banned from the table (unless you pour some out onto a plate and eat them with chopsticks), but other chips aren't.

Put them into a drinking glass and they can just "drink" their snack. I'm not one for cheetos, but sometimes I really crave popcorn (home made air popped with real butter and brewers yeast) while I'm at the computer and that's how I do it to avoid butterfingers.

We game at my home, our DM and his wife usually pick up whatever strikes their fancy on the way over. Anything from fast food to good chinese takeout. The other player works nights and keeps a wide selection of home made lunches around with appropriate tupperware to carry them, so he usually just brings whatever is handy from lunch that week. Since it's my home... the wife and I usually have whatever the heck we feel like. Leftovers to full meals, whatever strikes our fancy. We have two dinner tables and a coffee table all close enough together to be part of the 'gaming space' and the kitchen is open front with a wide bar style counter so you can be in there and still be part of the game, plenty of space on the counter for food prep and a character sheet with dice.

Damnit... now I really want a fresh bowl of popcorn. Few things tastier than fresh air popped popcorn with real butter and a bit of brewers yeast sprinkled on for seasoning.

sana
2011-05-08, 04:24 AM
Beer Butt Chicken* is the favorite of my players. Served with French fries.
I like it because it's only 5 minutes of work.

* for those who have no idea what a beer butt chicken is: put a whole chicken on a half empty beer can, season to your liking, put in the oven for an hour at 180°C done.

Paladineyddi
2011-05-08, 05:57 AM
After dinner, which is often pizza or something oriental i settle down with a cola or tea with turkish pepper hard candy.

Lyra Reynolds
2011-05-08, 08:11 AM
Tea (lots) and cookies or whatever snack one of the players brings or whatever the host offers (we rotate places). I usually ending up eating and drinking the least because as DM I'm too busy talking!

Dralnu
2011-05-08, 10:10 AM
People usually bring the same thing to share with the rest of the group. Depending on who attends, that means fresh bagels with lox cream cheese, assorted chips, pocky, carrots with dip, and various fruits. We usually raid our usual host's kitchen for all sorts of food too, which he actively encourages (to an extent).

At my house, though, I like to cook fresh meals. My favorites to do is my signature stir-fry chicken with sweet chili thai sauce, which takes about 10minutes to do and is frikkin' amazing. I can also make a mean french toast and inside-out grilled cheese.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-05-08, 10:20 AM
Being poor high school students, my group doesn't often have snacks and such at our sessions.

However, since both the house we play at and several restaurants are only a few minutes of walking away from school, we'll sometimes go grab some pizza before we go to play. Of course, I'm the only one who ever has money on me, but I always get paid back so it's fine.

bansidhe
2011-05-08, 10:57 AM
I recently found out how to make the stuff, and it's stupid easy. 1 500g pack of macaroni, cooked; 1 cup milk; 1/2 cup cream or sour cream; 1 cup grated cheese; seasonings to taste. Combine in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until thickened. Serve. Stuff kraft's horrible orange powder.

No,no no man!..that aint real Mac and cheese..you think thats good,I got a New Orleans recipe that,ll blow your socks off! Seriously!

pffh
2011-05-08, 11:24 AM
The normal stuff is just snack food and soda but one of us always visit a particular corner store before each session and buys one random item. This corner store sells all sorts of weird stuff like mushroom juice soda (for a session in a drow campaign, would not recommend), bacon and caramel flavoured chips (horrible), some sort of dried, well to be honest I'm not entirely sure what it was but it tasted like old mushrooms dipped in stale strawberries and other random "goodies" with strange markings.

oxybe
2011-05-08, 12:16 PM
either Subway or Thai. we normally play around the 7-8pm mark so we normally grab food, do a recap of the session and start.

dsmiles
2011-05-08, 12:37 PM
Oh, are we going into all of our gaming food?
In that case, we usually grill out on the patio while we play, during the warmer months. The host provides the meat, and everybody else brings chips, potato salad, dessert, drinks, etc. In the colder months, it's usually a crock-pot meal or pizza.

Kiero
2011-05-08, 12:44 PM
Our sessions are on a Thursday evening, and I've always had dinner before I go out. I bring a bottle of water, a carrot, a banana, a couple of handfuls of sugar snap peas, babybel cheese (to share, I only eat one) and mejdool dates.

There's always crisps on the table but I don't touch them. Same goes alcohol, sometimes a bottle of wine is opened, but I don't drink. Tea and coffee are drunk, but not by me.

dsmiles
2011-05-08, 12:47 PM
babybel cheese (to share, I only eat one)
I need to join your game. Mmmmmmm...babybel cheese...

Ogremindes
2011-05-08, 06:00 PM
No,no no man!..that aint real Mac and cheese..you think thats good,I got a New Orleans recipe that,ll blow your socks off! Seriously!

Yeah, a baked pasta with an actual cheese sauce is delicious. And requires 3 times as many pans.

onthetown
2011-05-08, 07:42 PM
For D&D, we take turns paying for treats and go to the local bulk food store where you can buy hundreds of chocolatey stuff for cheap.

For Runequest, since it's my friend's dad that runs it and her mom plays with us, we still take turns buying treats but we also get an awesome home cooked meal part way through the session, and there's more of a tendency for baked goods. I've also been known to bring cookies and (this week coming up) squares to the table, when it's my turn to pay. Lessens the cost of treats because they devour my baking. Muahahahahah!

Masaioh
2011-05-08, 08:00 PM
Doritoes, handisnacks cheese & crackers/breadsticks, assorted chocolate bars, gushers, coke, and gatorade G2.

We never eat cheetoes/cheese puffs because we usually play at a poker table (the surface can be taken off, turned over and used as a normal table) and we hate cleaning it up. We almost never make food because it adds to our usually considerable downtime, but we will occasionally order pizza.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-05-08, 08:08 PM

Do you, you know, plan on sharing it? :smalltongue:

Legend
2011-05-08, 08:09 PM
Coke or Cherry Coke and lots of candy. If the game goes into the evening, maybe also beer and some cliche greasy dinner like pizza, subs, or fast food.

SilverClawShift
2011-05-08, 09:14 PM
Rum.

Or Vodka.

Or Tequila.

Gaming usually ends when the dice start falling off the table and we have to find something else to do.

Narren
2011-05-08, 09:24 PM
Rum.

Or Vodka.

Or Tequila.

Gaming usually ends when the dice start falling off the table and we have to find something else to do.

My group is the same. I have to limit the intake (or at least the rate of consumption) if we're trying to have a serious game.

Lhurgyof
2011-05-08, 09:47 PM
Whatever's available. Usually soda to drink, and we go out to Subway for a half-way break.

UserClone
2011-05-08, 10:03 PM

Do tell, do tell.

Dr.Epic
2011-05-09, 12:40 AM
I feed on the fear of terrified PCs.

Morghen
2011-05-09, 09:16 AM
Staggering amounts of Coke Zero.

Tons of animal crackers.
Occasionally the host will provide cheese-balls.
Whatever leftovers are sitting around unattended by the other players.

Mostly just the Coke Zero and animal crackers.

OverdrivePrime
2011-05-09, 09:23 PM
Snobby craft beers, Jameson's and fancy homemade food. And then one of the guys always seems to have an unending supply of Tab. :smallconfused:

TroubleBrewing
2011-05-09, 09:44 PM
Peanuts and whiskey.

PinkMagus
2011-05-09, 09:48 PM
Those big vegetable bowl/plates they sell at grocery stores with the ranch dip in the middle! I love those!

Ozreth
2011-05-10, 02:58 AM
Our group has alway consisted of vegans and we typically make a big deal out of cooking when we play. Im typically DM and my girlfriend and I will throw together a giant pizza or two, some baked goods, or if we play earlier pancakes/faux sausage etc etc.

By the time all of the real food is gone we resort to oreos/chips/whatever.

Combat Reflexes
2011-05-10, 04:21 AM
A ****load of sandwiches, and about 10 litres of whatever drink is closest.

Si-on
2011-05-10, 06:13 AM
Good old fish and chips. We meet an hour before the game starts and send one of the players to the chip shop. We then sit and eat together. This way everyone gets a decent meal and we get to chat for a while before the dice begin to roll.

dsmiles
2011-05-10, 07:18 PM
Snobby craft beers, Jameson's and fancy homemade food. And then one of the guys always seems to have an unending supply of Tab. :smallconfused:Tab? They still sell that? Curiouser and curiouser. :smalltongue: (I prefer Jolt Cola myself.)

Katana_Geldar
2011-05-10, 07:22 PM
We game right behind Burger King/Hungry Jacks and McDonalds is just around the corner. On special nights, we go to the Cheesecake shop as that is also near by.

gomanfox
2011-05-11, 12:01 PM
My D&D group plays from noon to 8 or 10pm on Sundays, so there's usually a meal cooked at some point during the day. Either we start off with breakfast food, like eggs, bacon, potatoes and such, or someone makes dinner. My other half has the attention span of a small rodent in the game unless he's doing other things that force him to pay attention, so he usually ends up cooking while playing.

One of the players in the group usually brings a few bags of chips and a few other snack foods, and tends to share with others.

Personally I just snack on what I can find, since we game at my place (the DM and four of seven players live together... and the three others don't have a large enough place to host a game anyways). This usually means things like peanut butter sandwiches, or fruits and vegetables. As for a drink it's either coffee or diet cherry Pepsi, depending on the time of day. Oh, and lots of water.

Dubious Pie
2011-05-11, 04:57 PM
I bring Mountain Dew Voltage and New York-style pizza. :smallbiggrin:

The Tygre
2011-05-11, 05:26 PM
Ah, snacks. Even after the gaming stopped, my group still counts on snacks. We usually start out with a bag of chips. Doritos are the breed of choice, but hot fries and sun chip aren't unheard of. Consistently, drinks are mountain dew rainbows; red, white, and blue. (Because these colors don't run! Or whatever.) In times of desperation, cola and grape soda appear as well. Legend has it that Mountain Dew Black will return someday. My group plans on buying in mass from a Sam's Club, and keeping vintage for special occasions. Now food is subject to change. Pizza Rolls are the norm, but it used to be buffalo wing poppers (after regular buffalo wings were too inconvenient). You ever had a popper stuffed between two doritos? Delicious, pure unhealthy delight. The main course is Italian food; either pizza, baked sandwiches, or calzones. Tried Chinese once; too messy, and not enough leftovers. We polish of whatever's leftover later and then call it a night. Good times.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-05-12, 05:56 PM
Normally Popcorn. Sometimes Cheeze-It, Wheat Thins, pretzels make it into the mix. Depending when we play, Pizza may be involved.

Oh, and lots of Fresca.

Partysan
2011-05-12, 06:02 PM
Our group has alway consisted of vegans and we typically make a big deal out of cooking when we play. Im typically DM and my girlfriend and I will throw together a giant pizza or two, some baked goods, or if we play earlier pancakes/faux sausage etc etc.

By the time all of the real food is gone we resort to oreos/chips/whatever.

Vegans eat oreos? Isn't there, you know, milk creme in them?

Lonely Tylenol
2011-05-12, 07:10 PM
Typically, I bring pizza to games as a peace offering to the DM for hosting the game at his place and putting up with all our nonsense. If I'm in a charitable mood or need to clear the fridge, I'll whip up a caesar salad or something like that, but usually everybody's tastes are too mixed to stray too far from the beaten path.

This last Easter, my father (who is a chef) made this exquisite roasted honey ham, which was so mouth-wateringly delicious that I still need to mop up now just thinking about it. Then, he left... With about 3/4 of the ham in the fridge. Try as I might, I couldn't tackle the whole thing alone, so I brought it to my next game (along with some roast beef) and we ate it with rice. Gorgeous.

When I'm not bringing food, the DM of one game usually has spam and rice, or hot dogs; if nothing's around, somebody will make a food run to Taco Bell or No. 1 (which is Chinese food that has never, in the history of the company, been prepared by anybody of Chinese descent). Water is the drink of choice, because it's always cold and purified and there's nothing in the fridge (but soda is available if a food run is made). The DM of the other game only has spare food when his wife bakes too much, but one of the members *always* brings a case of Pepsi. (I drink water--can't stand soda.)

UserClone
2011-05-12, 07:38 PM
Vegans eat oreos? Isn't there, you know, milk creme in them?

Seems naive to think that crap is actually dairy. More like powdered sugar and hydrogenated vegetable oil, a.k.a. crisco. Enjoy your oreos.

dsmiles
2011-05-12, 07:40 PM
Seems naive to think that crap is actually dairy. More like powdered sugar and hydrogenated vegetable oil, a.k.a. crisco. Enjoy your oreos.As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that it is just sweetened Crisco. :smalltongue:

Marillion
2011-05-12, 07:51 PM
We usually have standard gamer fare, but every so often the DM will indulge us in something we call "Cheeseburger Roulette". He will go to a Rally's, and buy off the dollar menu:

-10 standard cheeseburgers
-10 bacon cheeseburgers
-10 mushroom & swiss cheeseburgers

He will then put them all in 1 bag, and mix them up. Then, whenever someone asks for a burger, he will reach blindly into the bag and toss them a burger.

I love Cheeseburger Roulette.

Razgriez
2011-05-12, 09:46 PM
To quote one of my favorite gaming t-shirts in my possession:

"If it involves Doritos, Mountain Dew, and Bloodshed.
COUNT ME IN!"

Katana_Geldar
2011-05-12, 09:49 PM
Mountain Dew does not have caffiene in Australia. :smallmad:

Bobby Archer
2011-05-12, 10:32 PM
Mountain Dew does not have caffiene in Australia. :smallmad:

Seriously? What's the point of it, then?

Katana_Geldar
2011-05-12, 10:46 PM
I have no idea. Just a sugary drink I guess.

Had a strange moment when I realise Mountain Dew should have caffeine in it but didn't, and a Canadian friend of mine didn't realise that the one down here didn't have caffeine.

Thatw as put badly, but I hope you get the idea.

DaragosKitsune
2011-05-13, 12:40 AM
Snacks? My group tends to go through about 12L of pop (half of which is some kind of cola) per night. For food we usually either order in pizza or make Kraft Dinner (mmmm, fake cheese). Though, sometimes we get some different and sometimes confusing stuff, such as: cheeseburger Doritos, an entire jar of pickles, perogies, a box of breakfast sandwiches, 6 boxes of muffins, and a case of spring rolls. Not all at once, though.

Ravens_cry
2011-05-13, 01:14 AM
12 LITERS?! A NIGHT?!?! Holy Hannah 'til the sun goes down, that is a lot of pop!
That's almost 3.2 GALLONS of carbonated sugar water!
I pity your pancreas.:smalleek:
We generally don't eat snacks at the table. Instead we break at about mid-point and go make a food run or order something delevery. I like Subway personally, lot's of veggies, lots of flavour.
edit: Oh, for your whole group.:smallredface:

Knaight
2011-05-13, 01:19 AM
12 LITERS?! A NIGHT?!?! Holy Hannah 'til the sun goes down, that is a lot of pop!
That's almost 3.2 GALLONS of carbonated sugar water!
I pity your pancreas.:smalleek:

That is for the entire group. Still, if it isn't a very large group, that is a lot.

DaragosKitsune
2011-05-13, 01:36 AM
That is for the entire group. Still, if it isn't a very large group, that is a lot.

It's split between 4-7 people. Though, we tend to get even more pop when 7 people show up.

Ravens_cry
2011-05-13, 02:30 AM
It's split between 4-7 people. Though, we tend to get even more pop when 7 people show up.
Still, 3.2 gallons divided by 5.5 people is still a lot of pop.

abadguy
2011-05-13, 02:32 AM
We get by on these lovelies ...

There's a waffle place near the DM's place. Buy 'em fresh and spread some peanut butter on them, let it ooze a bit in the crevices and om nom nom
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/94567302_e7fe3e5f1f.jpg

This is the half-time snack. Various fillings, savory and sweet.
http://mykitchen.cookingmomster.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sang-yoke-pau.jpg

For drinks, this is it. Different flavours. After that is usually water. Can't have too much sugar nowsadays
http://tastefullybritish.com/images/bubbletea.jpg

dsmiles
2011-05-13, 04:57 AM
Still, 3.2 gallons divided by 5.5 people is still a lot of pop.Meh. It's a little over 2 qt each (0.58 gal). That's not very much at all.

Ravens_cry
2011-05-13, 05:01 AM
Meh. It's a little over 2 qt each (0.58 gal). That's not very much at all.
That's over half a gallon. I barely drink that much milk in about a week! And this is one night!

dsmiles
2011-05-13, 05:14 AM
That's over half a gallon. I barely drink that much milk in about a week! And this is one night!Maybe I'm just bigger than you. I require more fluids. :smallwink: (I actually drink about half a gallon of orange juice daily, and a gallon of milk lasts about three days. All while drinking down a 12-pack of pop in about three days.)

Ravens_cry
2011-05-13, 06:18 AM
Maybe.
But that is still on average approximately 848 empty calories for an activity that is, unless something goes wrong, largely sedentary, not counting more solid potential snacks.
I am sorry if I am coming across as a health nut, I know I don't eat the best myself, but the large waisted grognard is not exactly the most healthy stereotype to live up to.

Knaight
2011-05-13, 09:32 AM
Maybe.
But that is still on average approximately 848 empty calories for an activity that is, unless something goes wrong, largely sedentary, not counting more solid potential snacks.
I am sorry if I am coming across as a health nut, I know I don't eat the best myself, but the large waisted grognard is not exactly the most healthy stereotype to live up to.

Yeah, 2 quarts of soda is rather a lot, and non trivial in price as a snack. But then, I barely even sweeten tea and have to mix even the least sweetened cereal with unsweetened stuff, so my attitude towards sugar is warped.

valadil
2011-05-13, 09:47 AM
I hate you all.

I'm trying to watch my food intake. I am 100% capable of never buying soda, snack foods, or fried meat. But when someone drops a pile of fried bird covered in honey mustard, a plate of cookies, or a 6 pound bag of gummy worms on the table, all bets are off.

The only snack I partake in without feeling guilty about it is beer. The barbarian in the group (by which I mean the player, not the character) brews quality beer and brings it to us. Some days I show up looking forward to the chocolate stout more than the game.

Knaight
2011-05-13, 10:12 AM
I'm trying to watch my food intake. I am 100% capable of never buying soda, snack foods, or fried meat. But when someone drops a pile of fried bird covered in honey mustard, a plate of cookies, or a 6 pound bag of gummy worms on the table, all bets are off.

This is where simply meals are your friend. Take some pasta, make a cheddar roux, put them together, bake the lot of it, and season with lots of hot sauce, and you have enough food for everyone which can be relatively healthy. Mix vegetables in with the pasta, and it is both more delicious and healthier.

valadil
2011-05-13, 10:30 AM
This is where simply meals are your friend. Take some pasta, make a cheddar roux, put them together, bake the lot of it, and season with lots of hot sauce, and you have enough food for everyone which can be relatively healthy. Mix vegetables in with the pasta, and it is both more delicious and healthier.

At the moment I can't afford to feed my group. Well, I can, but it would be stupid. (Mrs. Valadil is pregnant and I'm new to the sole provider role, so we're trying not to spend money where not really necessary.)

And even if I do cook, snacks and desserts will show up regardless. I've gotten pretty good at disregarding soda, but if there's a plate of brownies on the table my fingers will inevitably grab one and stick it down my mouth before good sense can object. Damn fingers.

Roderick_BR
2011-05-13, 11:02 AM
I only play with my food when I'm done eating my toys.

Oreos-like cookies and soda.

Knaight
2011-05-13, 02:05 PM
At the moment I can't afford to feed my group. Well, I can, but it would be stupid. (Mrs. Valadil is pregnant and I'm new to the sole provider role, so we're trying not to spend money where not really necessary.)

If they are eating, expecting them to chip in for ingredients is entirely reasonable.

dsmiles
2011-05-13, 03:08 PM
If they are eating, expecting them to chip in for ingredients is entirely reasonable.
+1 With some obligatory white text to keep it above 10 characters.

Quietus
2011-05-13, 03:18 PM
Tab? They still sell that? Curiouser and curiouser. :smalltongue: (I prefer Jolt Cola myself.)

Ugh. My group had a bad experience with Jolt during our last bachelor-party-bash. We do three day D&D benders as our bachelor parties, rather than anything more.. well, expected. And on one of the nights, we all had Jolt - these giant bottles of it, I wanna say like 1-1.5L or something, that they were selling for a dollar. Not one of us slept well that night, despite having had hours after drinking it for it to settle and work some of the caffeine out. We also all had weird dreams that night, and horrific headaches the next day. We swore off Jolt after that.. at least until the next time. :smalltongue:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-05-13, 03:32 PM
For beverages, it's always water and/or beer, although we sometimes break out rum and/or whiskey if we're in the mood.

Food is usually pizza, pretzels, assorted candies, and chips.

Kiero
2011-05-15, 03:44 AM
Maybe I'm just bigger than you. I require more fluids. :smallwink: (I actually drink about half a gallon of orange juice daily, and a gallon of milk lasts about three days. All while drinking down a 12-pack of pop in about three days.)

How much water do you drink? Because all those concentrated things take effort for your body to pull the water from, and can make you feel thirsty because what you actually need is plain water.

dsmiles
2011-05-15, 06:01 AM
How much water do you drink? Because all those concentrated things take effort for your body to pull the water from, and can make you feel thirsty because what you actually need is plain water.Admittedly, very little. I almost died from hyperhydration back in 2000, so it's a mental thing with me now. Plain water makes me nauseous. I always have to put in Crystal Light or something to give it some flavor. But I usually drink a 2-qt pitcher of Crystal Light throughout the day.

Jay R
2011-05-15, 03:37 PM
The husband of one of our players was making a sausage patty dish, when he had a new idea. So he ground everything up, reshaped them carefully, cooked them on shish kabob sticks, and we had rat on a stick.

Knaight
2011-05-15, 04:09 PM
The husband of one of our players was making a sausage patty dish, when he had a new idea. So he ground everything up, reshaped them carefully, cooked them on shish kabob sticks, and we had rat on a stick.

This is amazing.