PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for the Next Sunrise [IC]

Tsumeken
2011-05-07, 07:52 PM
You wake up, still groggy but aware enough to gather your wits and your surroundings. The smell of blood mixed with a bit of rotten decay fills the air. Rusted bars grant you a grim outlook on your situation. It seems that all of your equipment is still with you. Not only that, but the doors to the cell you are in is gone, leading out into a hallway lined with numerous other cages, each containing either nothing or another unfortunate like yourself.

(This is for all of you as to how you start....and....go!)

VirgoBushin
2011-05-07, 08:03 PM
Norn

Norn groaned as she woke up, confused as she looked around. Last time she had been anywhere it certainly wasn't here. But.. where had she been? She looked up, gently holding her head before nodding to herself, murmuring softly, "That's right... in Amn, trying to get leads on Vreizer's location...." Vreizer was her brother and the last remaining family member she had alive as their parents had died years ago. She felt herself shudder at the memory then again as the scenery began to come into full view to her eyes.

Never before now had she felt so relieved to have her weapon beside her. Something told her she'd need it now. She blinked a couple more times, allowing any more of whatever was making her groggy to leave her system before she slowly stood up, eagerly getting out of her cell while she still had the chance to do so. Massaging her forehead with her left hand, her right remained nearby her mace as she softly spoke, "H...hello? Anyone here?" Though she knew how to identify if a body was alive or not, she figured this might be the safer way should one of them have actually been an undead of sorts.

Kenji
2011-05-08, 08:50 AM
Vreizer awoke slowly as he realized the sharp change in the atmosphere. The once cozy bedroom had shifted into somewhere damp... and unpleasant. As he slowly regained his hazy senses, he was surprised that he was in his combat gear; paying little heed to the peculiar surrounding. He remembered little of the details before his slumber, even less as to why he's there. Convincing himself as being irrelevant, he heaved himself up after several attempts and staggered for the entrance of what he presumed as a prison.

As soon as he passed the entrance, he was pervaded by the strong smell which had previously gone unnoticed. Shivering slightly due to it, he observed his surrounding; which further reinforced his earlier assumption. Wherever he looked, the grim trails of blood were there, implying the lethal situation he was in. As he stood motionless in front of his cell, he heard a faint sound echoing slowly throughout the area. Concentrating on the sound, he realized that it was a voice instead and proceeded to seek it's origin. Within seconds, he found himself staring at a mysterious figure from afar.

Unsure whether his presence was known, he trudged briskly toward it's direction in hope of gaining it's attention. Regardless of it being friend or foe, it would be better than being alone lest his sanity might diminish. As he got nearer, he could ascertain that it was a girl and by the looks of it, they shared the same fate. Grasping firmly the hilt of his rapier with his left hand, he inquired the stranger in a casual manner,'Did you somehow ended up here too? If so, by chance, do you knew who apprehended us here?'

VirgoBushin
2011-05-08, 09:13 AM
Norn

Norn looked slowly up to see a man who couldn't have been too much older than herself prove that at least he for sure was alive and not an undead, making her immediately begin to feel better so far. Though the grip on her mace loosened slightly, it still remained nearby her weapon as she tilted her left hand as best as she could considering everything upon hearing the questions. "I only know that I was definitely taken here.. somehow. By whom or even how is beyond me but given the fact my head still feels a bit fuzzy and, even if you're not, I'm definitely groggy... things are hinting we were somehow drugged with something. I think it's mostly wearing off though."

She shook her head, hoping it'd help get rid of any remaining bits of... whatever this was that was still barely in her system. Her eyes went to look at all the other cells before she looked at the man, "Sorry... I almost forgot myself. I'm Norn. You are? And should we see if any of the others are... actually awake?" She asked hesitantly, unsure of a much better way to ask about checking to ensure the bodies were merely sleeping and not deceased nor undead.

Demonicheart
2011-05-08, 09:33 AM
Beliana Fyre

Pain wasn't unfamiliar to the young woman. She had been through enough pain in her short life that she often took it as a good sign, If...if I can feel pain...it means...I'm still alive... Her open cell was still blurring in and out of focus as she woke up. All at once, the smell of rotten flesh and blood bombarded her nose. The disgusting odor was more than enough to focus her mind. Slowly, the dark brown haired woman stood up. She heard the familiar clanking of her scale mail armor and realized that she still had all her weapons, Small favors are better than none at all...but how did I...

The fog on Beliana's mind quickly lifted as she remembered her last moments before awakening here. She tried hard to recall the face of her attacker, the strange figure who offered her the 'job'. However, all she could make out was a blur underneath a brown hood. Even if she were to face that man unmasked right now, she couldn't be certain it was him. This thought vexed her the most, I can't even remember what race he was...humanoid...I think...argh! This is infuriating!

It was then that she heard voices coming from the hall outside her open cell. Beliana grasped her longsword and heavy shield and prepared herself for combat. I won't be blindsided again! With her equipment ready, she stepped outside of her cell and made her presence known, "If you work for that wretched cur in the brown robes with his false 'job offers', I will make you regret dragging me here! I swear it!" Her black eyes focused directly on the two people in the hall and she seemed to be assuming that they were enemies. The woman was very confused and angry about her situation. Yet, she did not attack. Beliana wanted answers first and if they confirmed her suspicions, then she would fight.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-08, 09:52 AM
Norn

Norn turned upon hearing a new voice and blinked a couple more times confused at her words. "A thousand pardons miss, but I honestly have no clue what you're referring to. I was just telling.... um.... this guy I barely know how I myself got here or who thinks this is amusing to do this to us all." She gently shoved her back against the wall to help her maintain her balance. "Last thing I remember was having been in Amn but... now I'm here. Not sure how, why, or anything... probably much like yourself. So... if you really want to still fight, I won't beg you to cease though I will point out I doubt neither, no, any of us are in any real shape to do so... assuming you, too, were drugged that is." Her left hand went back to holding her head gently as she bowed it, another soft groan escaping. She hadn't felt this ill in an while and she was beginning to remember just how much she hated feeling sick.

Demonic:
Nice quote in your sig by the way. I love it. :smallsmile:

Kenji
2011-05-08, 10:12 AM
Vreizer lifted his head in startle upon hearing the name 'Norn', which is similar to his sister. Loosening his grip on the rapier, he searched for something – anything to say without giving out his identity and alerting the person before him. Possibility remained possibility; it would be toward the worse if he allowed someone else manipulated him with the information. He remained in silence briefly before remembering the anonymous letter, which he received slightly before his abrupt arrival there.

As he was about to inquire Norn regarding it, someone threatened them; giving him a start. Turning to meet the untimely speaker, he saw an enraged woman in full knight uniform, being more threatening with the weapons she wielded. 'Great...' Vreizer whispered softly to himself before answering her,'As she had said, we did you no harm. Seeing as we all might have been forcefully brought here, I suggest that it was only a misunderstanding and we all could very well be the victims of the similar incident. If you wouldn't believe it without going through the hard way, so be it.' Vreizer unsheathed his rapier and prepared to intercept any possible assault from the assailant, all the while staying protectively near Norn.

Demonicheart
2011-05-08, 10:17 AM
Beliana Fyre

The young woman noticed that the girl who spoke up was still groggy perhaps as much as Beliana herself. Even as the man with her drew his weapon, he was only doing so in reaction to Beliana's sword. The knight was also impressed that he seemed ready to defend the girl. Truthfully, she hadn't been looking forward to a fight. She was more afraid of being attacked again. The fear seemed to be unfounded and the female knight calmed down considerably. She hung her blade back onto her hip and strapped her shield to her back, "I...I apologize for my rudeness...I believe you both are in a similar situation as myself...and besides, even if you were allied with the one I sought, I would not forgive myself for taking advantage of your weakened state."

The metal clad woman bowed slightly but stumbled forward a little before regaining her balance. Clearly she was still shaking off the effects of the drug even if she put up a strong front about it. She continued her formal introduction as if she didn't stagger, "I am Beliana, a swordswoman assisting Lord Nori Shinita...at least, until I 'arrived' in this horrid place."

Kenji
2011-05-08, 10:45 AM
In response to her voluntarily withdrawal, Vreizer sheathed his weapon as well. 'I am glad that you are someone that could be reasoned with. After all, situations like these tend to be misleading.' Vreizer said nonchalantly, implying his goodwill in the matter. He looked toward the other cells absentmindedly, unsure whether similar incidents would occur. Surely, less misunderstandings would be appreciated.

'I think I will be checking out the other cells, in case the occupants inside are still alive.' With that, Vreizer briskly moved toward the opposite direction of his cell in silence, leaving them alone. This newly acquired peace would prove to be an invaluable space for him to interpret the recent happenings, even better in his deliberate attempt to have his own name concealed. As he moved on, he occasionally glanced into the cells, keeping an eye out for any body that hadn't been decayed overtime.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-08, 03:19 PM
Norn

Norn's eyes never once left the girl as she awaited to hear her reply. A slight sigh of relief left her as she saw her put her weapon away and a slight smile crossed her face as the man hinted if he had needed to, he would have at least tried to protect her. It was a trait hard to find in men... chivalry. She hadn't seen it, in fact, since she had to part ways with her brother and now she was remembering why she missed it so direly.

Norn managed to give her head a slightly shaky bow as her eyes met the woman's. "It's... quite... alright. I'm a bit annoyed myself but at the moment, those types of emotions won't really help us get answers on anything, let alone why we're here or anything else for that matter. " Figuring it would be best to go on and introduce herself even if she had heard her, she maintained eye contact as she continued onward with her speech, "My name is Norn. I don't really have much of a surname as it was forgotten long ago but I'm nothing quite as important as a knight such as yourself." At least, she didn't feel she was even though she knew that to not be true.

John Cribati
2011-05-08, 05:45 PM
Hart

Hart had always been a heavy sleeper. However, he could never sleep when there was blood around. And there was a lot of it. Not his own, thankfully. As his mind cleared, various voices floated to his ears. He stepped out of the... cage?... noting that he still had his mother's rapier. Drawing it, he stalked toward the sound of voices. When he was close enough, he made his presence known.

Who are you? Did you bring me here?

((OOC: Hart can easily be mistaken for a Wight or Vampire. Just putting that out there))

NineThePuma
2011-05-08, 11:20 PM
Akai's rise from slumber was instantaneous. Even drugged, his sleep had been light and fitful, and he awoke with a growl, rising and looking around, before he shook his head, taking note of the other cages.

"Any one spot the Giant's signature?" He muttered to himself as he stepped out, setting his hat carefully back into place. He glanced toward the other members of the soon to be formed 'party' and instinctively shifted into a more concealed position, opting to refrain from revealing himself as he approached the others.

I'm making no active attempt to hide, I'll assume a 1 on my die roll. Which means that a basic DC 16 spot check would spot me; anyone who can make that check by taking 10 can spot me. DC 14 Listen. Just assume passives. Akai is careful. He doesn't know enough about the situation.

Daeth
2011-05-08, 11:35 PM
Robyn could hear voices, and they made her headache worse. Groggily she shook head of sleep and rubbed her eyes. "Guys?" Looking up and she realized she was nowhere near home or the woods she had been in before she was attacked. "okay I guess I’m not in the shire anymore...". Feeling around she finds her bow and upon further inspection realizes she still has her quiver and everything else as well weird for a kidnapper or bandit to leave me my belongings... Walking over to the group she saw a man and a women talking. Just as she was getting close another women brandishing a large sword came out of a cell across the way yelling. "oh boy..." she whispered to herself. The man drew his sword in response and that seemed to bring her to her senses and calm her down considerably. Upon walking closer she heard the woman apologize for her actions. The man said something about checking the other cells and walked away, Robyn made her forward, intending to get to the bottom of this "Someone knock you people 'round the head too? From the looks of ya, you were all napped too, am I right?"

VirgoBushin
2011-05-09, 04:47 AM
Norn

Norn turned to hear several other various voices and, thankfully, it seemed the bodies had merely been sleeping. This was kinda a good sign. Now some answers would be great about now... She merely thought, looking down to see a slightly short female humanoid as she nodded upon hearing her words. "Something like that anyways. I'd been asleep before waking up here.... my nap just seemed to be drastically extended. But from the looks and sounds of everything, yeah you're correct. You probably would be to say we're all confused on the lack of answers to the five basic questions; particularly the whom and why ones." She looked around the hallway once more then back at the others. "While I'm not fond of the idea of wandering around here, I doubt we'll be able to get answers in any other way so.. should we try to find someone, mainly whomever got us all here and see what's going on?"

Tsumeken
2011-05-09, 05:00 AM
There is a slight crackle in the air as a small round gem in the ceiling lights up, projecting a purple curtain of light down from it. Standing in the middle of the beam was a tall man wrapped in very regal garments. A mask covered his face as well as gloves on his hands as he began to speak, "Ah, you're all awake. Welcome to my little playground. My name is of no importance so I won't bother telling you. However, I'm sure you're very confused about your current state so I shall enlighten you."

He began to move, the light following him as he did. "You see, when you get to be as powerful and worldly as I am, life begins to dull. There are still many things I could aspire to, but each one seems ... small and uninteresting. That is why I have turned my focus to the future. By which, I mean yours."

He stops, now turning back to you all. "Each one of you is very accomplished, even for just starting out. So I payed a few brigands to bring you here so I could study your growth. The living are much more enjoyable subjects than mere words in a book so I wish to see the beginning of legends. If you have any other questions for me, I may answer them. After all, I've been going on for quite some time now. I'm interested in what you young people have to say."

Kenji
2011-05-09, 10:03 AM
'Brilliant.' Vreizer stepped forward from the shadow behind the violet light, halting before any of his body part came into contact with it. He had seen the light from afar during his little walk, prompting him to return to the area. 'Who would have thought we were brought here merely as pieces to satisfy your tedium?' With his mind slightly sobered up by the 'fresh' air, he went into a transient silence; deep in thoughts for questions which would deem appropriate in the current situation.

'For starters, why are we chosen out of millions and billions of people out there?' He gave Norn a quick meaningful glance before continuing in an unsatisfied tone, 'There must be certain criteria – conditions which we all coincidentally met; which ultimately ended with us all here. Or was it all purely randomized?' Vreizer grinned slightly at the last assumption; what's the possibilities of entering this 'game' among the rest of the population in the world? In some way, he felt fortunate; though mostly not.

Further inhaling the foul air, Vreizer continued his inquiry; though this time with a slight hint of remorse in it, 'Lastly... what's the chances of us escaping here alive...? Given that it is within your possible 'endings' that is.' With that said, Vreizer walked toward the nearest wall, slanting his body against it to provide some support. Physical activities was never his specialty.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-09, 10:19 AM
Norn

Before Norn could hear anyone else speak their mind, what she deemed to be the person responsible showed up. Though the face and, for some reason, hands were hidden the voice easily gave away it was a male. It wasn't until he began to explain everything that she felt the last bits of the drug finally begin to leave her system as she noted her vision was becoming more clear. One problem out of the way at least.... She thought, keeping silent the entire while the man spoke.

Her fists clenched at his words. "So... this is just for your mere curiosity?! That's truly it?! Lives aren't something to play with!" She'd met a lot of low, shady characters in her days but this had to be one of the worst ones she'd yet to meet.

As she tried to calm herself and went back over his words, her head tilted slightly. Weren't most subjects for these types of experiments alive anyways? So why had he worded them as that the living were the most amusing? Her eyes went from the floor to the mask, as if trying to see through it. Not that it worked, of course, but she saw no harm from trying.

While the first man she'd met spoke, she listened to his questions as well. Though it made her sick to her stomach to hear they may not make it out alive, she too knew very well it was still an unfortunate possibility. For the most part, he had covered a lot of questions she would have asked. There was one, however, that he hadn't mentioned and she finally spoke it now, "Fine so you want to use as for your leisure of sorts. However, if you're going to do that, what exactly are you... studying? What 'game' of sorts do you intend to have us play for your amusement?" She felt her fists clench again... she was definitely angry with this man but her common sense was telling her trying to go against him now would be a horrible idea. That being thought, she felt a smile cross her face as she made her own silent vow, I won't die... not just yet anyways. No... not until I get rid of him for toying with us all. Then I can show him the error of his ways and find my brother afterwards... She sighed softly, her voice barely above a whisper as it escaped her lips. Though anxiety was in her tone, determination and resolve were shown on her face, especially her eyes.

Daeth
2011-05-09, 06:24 PM
There was a pause after the tired looking tall women had responded to her inquiry. A giant purple light came from the ceiling and in it appeared yet another tall humanoid who then explained that this was a some attempt to free himself from boredom that they were there for his amusement. The man from before and the tired women asked him some valid questions (okay, angrily yelling questions, but understandably so).
Robyn decided she should ask a few of her own
Is this is some sort of game to you? If so, when is it over? And what do we get out of this? Do we even have a choice?.
Never one to be shy or back down she stepped closer to the light in an attempt to get a better look at this "man-type-thing".
Do we have a choice, pffft yeah, not likely...
Now, that the room was filled with the purple light it made it easier to see the other cell/cages in the room, in and around them were other beings that had been brought here as well. Headache now gone a confused and angry Robyn glared at the tall purple "man" waltzing around the room like he thought he was god or some gift to mankind.

NineThePuma
2011-05-09, 06:36 PM
"How long have you been alive, mage?" Akai's tone is disrespectful, and his breaking of his usual stealthy approach to glare at the image. "After all, you claim that things have grown boring for you. Are there not still dragons for you to slay?"

He ignores the other people, his attention focused on the illusion before him.

Tsumeken
2011-05-10, 12:20 AM
The projection turned to Vreizer first, "There is a chance you'll survive. I won't make any promises, of course. Still it is not in the realms of impossible. As for your selection process, it was semi-random. I scryed on you all for quite a bit before I made my selections. After all, I don't want to make any mistakes like last time and get someone who's just all talk." He sighed in disappointment, "They couldn't even make it to the second floor..."

He laughs as he turns next to Norn. "The game only worth play, my dear. Games of survival and chance and excitement!" Even as he speaks to her, his tone does sound a bit too enthusiastic about their current state and makes very exaggerated movements while he talks.

Next was the female halfling that he turned to. "As I said before, survival is the only game that is truly great. But I suppose I can go into a little more detail to help answer your other questions. Right now..." He walks as he speaks, continuing on, gesturing with his hands when he makes inflections, "You're locked away in my dungeon which is only the first stage in this game. You see, I built this place long ago, deep into the earth. Although it's been such a long time that I can barely remember how far I went. You are not the only ones I captured. There are others, so don't think yourselves privileged. They should be waking up now as well in other parts of my little playhouse. Your job is to escape. Leave my dungeon. I won't stop you. However, you might not find it the easiest task as others will be trying to get out as well. Whichever group escapes is the winner. For the losers, this means death so I wouldn't think that relying on others is a good idea. Just stick to your group. I've also seen fit to fill it here with monsters since you can only get so much entertainment out of human subjects. The reward is your life and anything else you find here. You can take it with you, I won't mind. Think of it as a bonus. You do have a choice and those are to either die fighting or I can kill you now. See? It's completely up to you."

Finally, he turns to the dark human and begins to laugh. It is a throaty laugh that sounds almost like coughing. "I find dragons to be boring. So predictable. They either wish to rid me of this world, enlist my services, or simply chatter on about the grand age of the wyrms. Besides, if I were to slay them all, there'd be nothing left for new heroes."

He smiles a bit before finishing. "As I said, the others should be awakening by now. I'd hurry if I were you. It might not be so easy once they have gathered their own wits about them." With that, he begins to laugh again. "Till next time, my darling little mice, enjoy running my maze." He disappears in a flash of purple light.

Demonicheart
2011-05-10, 10:14 AM
Beliana Fyre

Beliana grew concerned when she realized that there were quite a few other people down here who seemed to be just as confused and annoyed as she was when she woke up. However, the appearance of the master of this dungeon made everyone focus their attention firmly on him. He answered the basics about their situation and although the former noble had not voiced her opinion, the deep glare of hatred in her eyes spoke volumes. She did her best to remember the sound of his voice since she couldn't see his face, I will be certain to share my stirring opinions with him on his sick game later...and he will most definitely not like my destructive response. For the moment, she merely grit her teeth and clenched her fist as she took everything in. Even if she wanted to strike their kidnapper down, she knew she had to bide her time and grow stronger. He held all the cards and anger would be utterly pointless, I...I must keep calm...first...first we need to all be willing to work together. Carelessness and disorganization will get us killed.

Once more, the dark brown haired woman in scale armor drew her sword. She pointed the tip of her blade towards the ground and pounded it into the ground twice. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath hoping that the echo of metal on stone would convince everyone to at least look in her direction, "...As much as it loathes me to say this, we have to play along with that wretched cur's game...for now. I can not speak for anyone save myself, but I have no intention of merely staying in this dungeon and waiting to die. I will strive to escape and pray to all the gods that the day comes when I can sink my blade into that monster's hide for all he done, not just to me but to those who seem to have come before us. If his words are true, none of us will be able to leave this place on our own. We must work together."

The young woman once again gave a bow. By now, the grogginess was nearly gone and she didn't stagger like before, "My name is Beliana Fyre, a swordswoman assisting Lord Nori Shinita...until this moment. The circumstances of our meeting are...poor to say the least but it is a pleasure to make your acquaintances anyway. I will work to the best of my ability to protect everyone from whatever surprises our 'host' has in store but I can not do this alone. I ask that you all assist if not for everyone's sake than for your own survival." With that, the young knight was finished speaking. Everything from the tone of her voice to the way she bowed suggested that she was once rather high in social standing or at least acted like one. Although she made a good speech, she was a little concerned that she came off too formal, That is all that I can say...now it is a matter of what everyone else will do. Please work with me...I can't do this by myself...

VirgoBushin
2011-05-10, 10:25 AM
Norn

As Norn continued to listen to all the others ask their questions, she noted them and paid heed to every single one as they were all relevant and fair questions. She felt what she was certain to be butterflies fluttering around in her stomach as they all got their answers. They definitely went faster as she noted his excitement in knowing they were going to be forced to play this ... game of sorts, as he so fondly called it. It made her fists clench even tighter and she could honestly say to herself that never before now had she disliked.... no ... hated someone prior to this man.

By the time he had finished answering her questions, she could feel herself wanting to scream or swing at him. To restrain herself from daring to go through with that, Norn bit down on her bottom lip roughly, almost drawing blood. She was incredibly relieved to see him finally disappear after a while. Why that lousy no good ----

Her thoughts were interrupted by the knight speaking and taking initiative in suggesting the only true plan; working together to get out of here. As Beliana finished speaking, she gave her a smile. "Spoken like a true knight indeed. I commend you." She then stood beside her, her eyes remaining upon Beliana's for a bit before looking amongst the others. "Introductions, I do believe, can be done though briefly. My name is Norn, and I am a healer of sorts. I definitely do not intend on dying before I finish my own goals. Surely some of you have at least one, yes? If everything he said was true, especially about the dungeon being filled with monsters, we're going to need all the assistance we can get. That being said... who else is with us?"

John Cribati
2011-05-10, 03:01 PM
Hart

I'm Hart. I left my home to find adventure, but it looks like it's found me.

NineThePuma
2011-05-10, 08:47 PM
"Talk while we move. If there are others, there is no guarantee that they aren't stronger." Akai removes his hat, glancing around the area, hoping to spot an exit. "I am a skilled magician, but my focus is on illusions and trickery. My magics are subtle and mostly indirect. I am also skilled at stealth, and a master of subtlety. But, given our perilous situation, now is not the time for it. We should get out of here, and start moving. Perhaps pick off the competition now, get advantages..."

Daeth
2011-05-11, 01:17 AM
Glancing at the others around the room she noticed the slight irratation on the face of the magician most likely due to the fact that the purple bastard completely dismissing his earlier question. She stepped closer to Norn and Beliana
"I'm Robyn and I'm a ranger, one of the best archers of my home town, which I'd really like to get back to so maybe we should be moving on soon. As she finished saying this she turned to the magician and nodded.
That magician guy may have a point about taking care of the so-called "others" down here quickly, while competitive games are usually fun, this one's for keeps and the purple bastard holding all the cards is playing dirty.
Looking back towards where the others in the room were standing/laying she waited for anyone else to respond, with or without them she wasn't about to die here anytime soon.

Kenji
2011-05-11, 05:19 AM
As the illumination from before subsided, Vreizer advanced slowly toward them while the 'introduction session' simultaneously started; in which his turn arrived before long. 'Similarly, I am a healer as well, though I could always act as another fighter should the need arise. The only downside is that I had no experience in real combat; the nearest I got was training with wild creatures and even that was under the observation of trained eyes. Hence, I will be under your care.' Soon as he finished his speech, glimpses of past memories flew by despite his initial reluctance in undergoing it. Sure was glad they forced me into it; not to mention the irony of my first combat being a fatal one.

Wavering momentarily, Vreizer continued in a grave manner, in contrast with his initial tone, 'Before we initiate our escape from this bizarre place, there's something in which I wish to clarify with you all. Inevitably as told, we will surely came across the other victims and battle might ensued. If such a thing occur, do we... kill them? Surely it would give us an advantage in our attempt to escape, having less competitors and all. However, in the end aren't we all the same; forcefully kidnapped to provide entertainment to the host? I fully realized that our attempt in and of itself is dooming others of their life, but is taking theirs with our own hands fine with you all? It felt peculiar, the fact that we could end others' life here as we see suit without even the slightest need of worry.'

Before others could voice their opinions, Vreizer continued with something he carelessly forgot, something important and dreadful for him. 'Ah, I think I failed to mention beforehand... I am Vreizer Zxieral; purely Vreizer is sufficient given how fortunate we are, meeting here. Glad to make your acquaintance.' Vreizer went ahead to gauge Norn's reaction; which he hope is not what he thought.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-11, 05:40 AM
Norn

As the man spoke, Norn nodded in agreement with his words. "He does have a point. We wouldn't really gain much save an advantage from killing. Could we not, perhaps, resort to maybe just incapacitating them or something but not quite so far as to kill them?" While waiting to hear others give their input, she turned to look into his eyes as he mentioned he too was a healer. Now for sure she knew that she hadn't been imagining things earlier. He had felt, even seemed, familiar somehow. In fact, this man was starting to remind her a lot of her own brother which made her smile more.

She felt her eyes subconsciously close as memories flashed back through her mind; from the day they became the only survivors of their village to the day they separated. Though she felt tears wanting to form yet again, she made them remain. Now isn't the time for that... She convinced herself, even nodding to reassure herself of that.

Her eyes shot open as she heard his full name. The surname was a bit... uncertain to her memory but.... Vreizer was definitely her brother's first name. As she went back to flash backs, she remembered something about him going off to become a healer of sorts; in fact they, as far as she knew, ended up doing the same kind. Finally, she studied him, especially with her vision working perfectly now and covered her mouth. The purple hair and eyes were as rare as her silver hair and blue eyes. Almost no humanoid could ever be found with features like that, let alone a non-Aasmir. Her feet subconsciously guided her towards him as she moved her left hand away from her mouth, barely managing to murmur softly to him, "....Brother? Is... is that really you?"

Kenji
2011-05-11, 06:25 AM
Vreizer let loose a brief gasp as he heard the word 'brother' again. Despite initially perceiving it as one of the possibilities and even going as far as preparing himself mentally to confront it, it felt entirely different when it actually occurred in front of him. It had ultimately been his motive to search for his long-lost sister after the prolonged separation. Let alone the fact that he was able to get ahold of his sister's location by a stroke of luck, but why? Why couldn't reality be kinder toward them? Vreizer silently cursed his luck, though occasionally feelings of gratitude would manage to seep in within him. After all, it was beyond his capability to determine when he would meet his sister, yet, currently fate had intertwined their path once again.

Softly holding her retracted hand, Vreizer reassured her as best as he could despite the feeling of disbelieve affecting him as well. '...Yes. I had my doubts as well when I first heard of your name; thoughts had been running through my mind since then. Is it really you? Should I directly asked you regarding it? The series of incidents that unfold thereafter prevented my attempt; hence my decision to imply it indirectly. Furthermore, I had been afraid... afraid of knowing the truth. With the peril soon to befall us, there are chances that our meeting may be brief – too brief for me to compensate for my foolishness in leaving you all alone.' Tears began to form within his eyes, further fortifying his resolve to escape that foul place and toward somewhere in which they were genuinely free.

In between his attempts to withhold his tears, he inquired softly a simple question that had been burdening him all along; the source of his guilt and yet at certain times, his sole will to continue living amidst the suffering. 'Had you... ever hated me for my past actions?'

VirgoBushin
2011-05-11, 07:24 AM
Norn

Norn had known that irony and fate could be odd visitors at times in one's life. She'd never known just how well this could all be true, however, until this moment. Her eyes closed again as she felt a single tear flow down each cheek. It was a huge mixture of happiness and anger. She was definitely glad to see him again but why did it have to be here, let alone in these situations? She felt herself swallow nervously as her heart raced faster, temporarily forgetting about the others. This had been, after all, something she'd wanted for years and it did feel nice to see and be with him again.

She quickly shook her head no as he hinted neither may get out of here alive. "Don't think that way. It's been faith that made me continue to look for you rather than give up so let me keep that long enough to help us all get out of here. Let's.... yes, we probably should walk and talk...." She finally decided, knowing they did have to move on eventually and something was telling her it'd be better.

As she began to walk with him, keeping a hold of his hand, she pondered on his last question. She kept quiet for what she was certain to be a good few minutes or so... before slowly shaking her head no. "I think more than anything I hated what had occurred to make us part, like how I am doing so now with the factors that have forced us into this situation. So no I don't hate you; just circumstances right now. I don't think, in all honesty, I could ever hate you even if I tried. Why should I dislike one of the few precious things I have left?" It bothered her a bit knowing their 'host' was probably somehow scrying on them again and hearing everything they were saying... but she wasn't about to hold her feelings back just from fear.

Tsumeken
2011-05-11, 07:45 AM
This rather touching bonding is suddenly interrupted by the sounds of a wet sloshing coming from the north way up the hall. The game has begun and your first test of survival is approaching as a large head of a giant moves this way using hanging bits of tissue for movement. It's eyes are white and covered in film as it gargles and moans moving towards the party at a slow and steady pace.

Demonicheart
2011-05-11, 08:23 AM
Beliana Fyre

The female knight allowed herself a small smile when she realized that everyone seemed to agree that it was in their best interest to work together. She uttered a soft thank you as she tried to mentally prepare herself for the task ahead. Beliana knew that there might be other groups like their own and only one group could escape. By merely surviving, they were damning others to death. However, she reasoned that all of this was not anyone's fault save the actual owner of this dungeon. She already knew how she would react to other groups, even if she hadn't voiced her opinion on the matter yet.

The reason she had remained silent was because of the brother-sister reunion she witnessed unfolding in front of her. Beliana decided that it would be best to give the two a moment since they were parted for so long. Unfortunately, that moment was short lived as the sound of a monstrosity echoed down the north hall. The young woman slowly moved towards the sound in an effort to ensure that the animated giant's head will need to get by her first to keep approaching the group. She called out to everyone, "I will stand here and wait for it to get into melee range. Sir mage, Miss Robyn...if you can attack it from afar before it reach me...I would very much appreciate that." Finished with her words, she lined her shield and sword up with her incoming foe, I...I can't...I won't falter...I have my own reunion to look forward to...

Initiative: [roll0]

Move Action: Beliana is positioning herself so that she is the closest party member to the monster head. However, she is not getting into melee range with it and is waiting for it to come to her. She also readies her shield since her sword was already drawn.

Standard Action: Readying Action
Trigger: The giant head moves within 5 feet of Beliana.
Effect: Beliana will make a Standard Attack
Attack Roll: [roll1]
If hit, slashing damage: [roll2]

VirgoBushin
2011-05-11, 10:06 AM
Norn

Norn frowned, looking up in time to see this 'game' of sorts was definitely beginning whether any of them liked it or not. If it's not one thing, it always seems to be another... She merely thought, nodding upon hearing the knight making suggestions to others. Giving Vreizer a smile, she wiped her tears away first before speaking, "If you truly haven't had the most experience with combat, that's fine... you can help watch my back." Pulling her own weapon out, she got beside the knight, ready to help her fight the oncoming creature. Once it was in range, she swung her mace at it.

Free Action - Getting weapon out [due to Quick Draw]
Move Action - Getting beside Beliana
Standard Action - Attacking

To hit roll: [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]

Kenji
2011-05-11, 05:40 PM
'It's my pleasure in doing so.' Vreizer shed a single transparent tear as Norn went further and further away from him. 'If situation demands us unable to reconcile in peace, then I shall create one,' he whispered softly as he took out the Holy Symbol of Lirr and focused toward it, praying genuinely for the second time in his life, 'May Lirr blesses our uncertain journey.' As if in reply, a warm light descended upon them and along with it, nostalgic feelings of secured comfort.

Initiative Roll: [roll0]

Move Action: Positioning himself within 20 feet from the vanguards.
Standard Action: Cast Blessing
Result: +1 to Attack Roll & Save against Fear for 2 minutes.

Daeth
2011-05-12, 10:53 AM
"Not to be cliché but- Let's do this." Robyn readies her bow, and moves to stand beside Vreizer she lines up to shoot at the- thing that was coming ever closer. 'Come 'ere nasty slimey- thing...'

Move Action: Stands beside Vreizer and shoots at the monster with her bow.

Standard Action: Moves and draws bow at the same time.
Attacking Action: Shoots arrow

If it hits
Attack Damage Roll: [roll2] piercing damage

sorry my rolls aren't working i'll figure it out and edit it by this afternoon!

Daeth
2011-05-12, 11:00 AM
"Not to be cliché but- Let's do this." Robyn readies her bow, and moves to stand beside Vreizer she lines up to shoot at the- thing that was coming ever closer. 'Come 'ere nasty slimey- thing...'

Move Action: Stands beside Vreizer and shoots at the monster with her bow.

Standard Action: Moves and draws bow at the same time.
Attacking Action: Shoots arrow

If it hits
Attack Damage Roll: [roll2] piercing damage

Tsumeken
2011-05-12, 05:49 PM
As the giant's head proceeds forward, it is met by fierce opposition from Beliana's blade and Norn's mace. It lets out a groan as you both easily cleave through it's flesh, striking it's rather hard skull. It screams in what could be considered pain and that's when Robyn takes her shot. The arrow flies perfectly into the creature's gaping mouth, breaking through the roof and puncturing the brain as it falls dead to the ground.

Daeth:
For the sake of it seems your computer lagged and made you double post, I'm gonna take the first one and the second roll will be a crit confirmation roll. :smallsmile:

VirgoBushin
2011-05-12, 07:39 PM
Norn

Norn whistled as she watched the giant go down. She made a mental note not to anger Robyn ever as her accuracy seemed... well... pretty damn good. Keeping her mace held in her right hand, she moved a strand of her silver hair out of the way, figuring discussions regarding whether to kill the supposed 'others' who were also supposed to be here could be done later. Right now, they needed to find a safe haven of sorts... if there was even one at that matter. "Onward I guess?" She suggested, giving everyone a couple seconds to gather their wits and bearings before heading onward herself.

Demonicheart
2011-05-12, 07:54 PM
Beliana Fyre

Beliana was clearly impressed by the halfling's aim and vocalized her view, "With an archer as skilled as Miss Robyn on our side, we might just get through this mess yet." She walked forward carefully trying to figure out where the monster came from exactly and if they could follow that path out of the hallway of cells. The sooner they started this journey, the sooner they could find an exit and leave.

NineThePuma
2011-05-12, 08:20 PM
Akai slipped back out of the shadows, head tilting at the halfling. "Yes, onward, but stay with the halfling. I will look ahead; if I find any intersections, I will hold there for you." He said before melding back into the darkness and scouting ahead, as stated.

[roll0] - Hide
[roll1] - Move Silently

Travel roughly 300 ft ahead of the party. I have Hide in Plain Sight, Dark Vision, and Superior Low Light Vision, so I do not need any sort of light source and can see in most conditions.

Tsumeken
2011-05-12, 09:52 PM
As you continue down the hallway, you come to a T-junction. An archway along the left wall shows a large circular room. Inside the room are many different cots and blankets along with a large fire pit. Runes are inscribed around the walls that read the word "Protection" multiple times. This may have been one of the few havens there is here and would offer you protection from the various monsters, also allowing you to rest and recuperate.

Down the other side of the junction, you hear the moving of gears as if a giant clock is located up ahead.

Kenji
2011-05-12, 10:32 PM
Despite the comfort awaiting for them there, a feeling of insecure loomed throughout the area, spreading uncertainty within Vreizer. 'I would certainly opt for the path to the left – first – if not for our current circumstances. Nevertheless, is anyone here who's specialized in locating or disabling traps? If we indeed attempt to proceed, it's never unrewarding to be cautious.' Vreizer skimmed through them one by one, awaiting for volunteers to check – if not trigger – for possible traps laying in wait for them inside. After all, it's never safe to assume an abductor would genuinely provide sanctuary for his victims to attend to their needs. Or would that be the case here?

NineThePuma
2011-05-12, 10:48 PM
Akai rolls his eyes. "I can cover it. But if any of the rest of us can, I'd appreciate it if they would assist."

Daeth
2011-05-12, 11:16 PM
After seeing the monster go down Robyn smiled 'Yep, I still got it.. The group decided to keep moving on ahead and the creepy guy disappeared into the darkness. Robyn decides to stick with the main group as they make their way down the corridor looking around and staying at the ready just in case something else decides to take after them.

John Cribati
2011-05-13, 12:54 AM
I can look for traps. I'm somewhat skilled at it, if I may say so myself.

Though, i guess I can't be too careful.

Search check for traps. 5 Ranks +4 INT for a +9. Take 10

NineThePuma
2011-05-13, 01:17 AM
Akai nods, and walks into the sanctuary, not trying to hide but nevertheless proving difficult to see.

I'll also Take 10. 18 to search the 'sanctuary' for traps.

Also, DC 25 spot check to see me.

Can we assume I'm -always- in hiding, and am 'taking 5' on my checks? It would save me the trouble of specifying every post.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-13, 08:33 AM
Norn

Norn made a mental note on the room that they would definitely need to remember for later. However, for the time being, they probably should get rid of the monsters. After convincing herself and nodding, she continues following the others, keeping her own eyes and ears open. Staying beside Vreizer, she gently moved a hand up and down his back, hoping it would reassure him a bit all would be fine. After all, she was definitely certain about this much thus far... what they had all just accomplished hadn't been a fluke and if their 'host' wanted to see about that, she knew he would try to prove that theory right, wrong, or otherwise and probably sooner than later. Her head tilted upon hearing the sounds of gears moving as she began wondering what exactly it was she was hearing. Clocks? No.... sounds heavier I think.... like actual machinery. But.. what's here anyways?

Tsumeken
2011-05-13, 06:44 PM
@Nine
Since you're always hiding can I also assume you're always moving silently? (which I believe means you move at 1/2 normal movement speed)

The group finds no traps in the haven but they do find a few compartments (3 in total) each one containing two cure light wounds potions and a small rock (the rock is normal) Other then that there appear to be no other exits except the way you came and the opposite hall.

Demonicheart
2011-05-13, 06:59 PM
Beliana Fyre

The female knight stayed close to the front of the group but she understood all too well that her armor would make stealth nearly impossible. Beliana gave the scouts the room they needed to work without having to worry about her clanging armor giving away their position. When they discovered the cache of cure light wounds, Beliana counted them quickly and commented, "There are enough for each of us...so to be fair, everyone should take one." She smiled warmly as she glanced at Norn and Vreizer, "It may not be much but hopefully it will help with conserving your healing powers for when we truly need them." Satisifed with her commentary, Beliana took only one of the potions for herself. She decided to leave the rock since she saw little reason to even mention it let alone drag it along with them.

The young woman left the sanctuary area and stood at the intersection facing the hall with the sounds of machinery echoing down it. Once everyone was ready, she would let those skilled at stealth do what they were best at. Although it did hurt her pride a little to have to worry about stealth and scouting in general, she knew she had to deal with it. Just because I would rather march ahead and make challenges to my foes does not mean it is always a good idea...I have to bear with this for the sake of everyone.

NineThePuma
2011-05-13, 07:30 PM
That's fine. I still move at 20 ft a round, and can move much faster than that to get some distance for scouting where necessary.

Akai takes his potion from the same compartment, but immediately hands it to the Knight beside him. "It is your job to protect. While I might become injured, it is unlikely that they will notice me, where as you must draw their attention."

Not allowing for any disagreement, Akai inspected each of the chambers, taking the stones from each. As he stored the stones in a pocket, he glanced back over the group, waiting for them to be ready before he moves on ahead of the group.

Kenji
2011-05-13, 11:30 PM
'Certainly, it will...' Vreizer said in reply as the Beliana proceeded toward the intersection. Shrugging, he swiftly went to the second compartment and obtained his share of the potion. Deciding to join Beliana, he caught glimpses of Norn out of the corner of his sight. Grinning in satisfaction, he backtracked toward the compartment and took the other vial out, leaving the compartment empty except for the dust that had been layered there since who-knows-when. He advanced slowly toward Norn with a slightly broadened smile and gently offered the vial, reluctant to avert his eyes from her for even a transient moment. 'Need some?'

Daeth
2011-05-13, 11:51 PM
After grabbing one of the potions Robyn looked in the direction of the machanical noise from down the hall 'What is making that noise?'.
Robyn turned to the others "Anyone think we should investigate that noise?"

Listen Check
[roll0]

sorry about this again I don't know why its still bugging out.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-14, 12:35 AM
Norn

Norn had still been taken aback by all the events so far; mainly that of having been able to met her brother and finding out about being forced to play this 'game'. But both also, thankfully, had their pros. The first was obvious and as far as she could see, the second would allow her a chance to get stronger and be able to bash the idiot who summoned them all when this was over so for the moment this wasn't too bad she supposed, more so with the fact they had been able to avoid the other group that he had mentioned.

Maybe that was a mere bluff? She silently mused, hoping that was right before getting snapped out of her thoughts as both the knight and her brother spoke. She gave her own smile back to Beliana, nodding, "Even if only a little, it would definitely help. Thank you." Her eyes met her brother's as she looked at the vial, thinking a bit before nodding, "Probably for later, yes." She finally said after a bit, tucking it away in her belt pouch carefully.

She nodded at Robyn's words as she turned to the others. "For the moment, I do think she's right... we probably should see what the sounds are of exactly." She stayed put for now, waiting to hear some input first.

NineThePuma
2011-05-14, 12:50 AM
"I'll be right back. I'll go look. If I'm not back in a minute, feel free to follow." Akai says before vanishing down the hall in the direction of the noise.

Okay, so I move at half my speed. Since I can move 80 ft a round (double move) this comes out to 40 ft a round while moving silently. Since 1 minute is 10 rounds, that means I can move about 200 ft in the direction of the noise before turning back and making my 'deadline' without breaking stealth. WITH stealth breaking on the return, I can go 240 ft, and be back BEFORE my deadline ends.

Would you like rolls or my 'Take 5' policy? In which case it's DC 20 spot, DC 18 listen.

Kenji
2011-05-15, 06:56 AM
Vreizer purely remained in silence upon witnessing Norn's action, which was perceived as amusing – if not 'cute' by him. 'With all of that done, I supposed we will be going with the scout's idea; not that we had an option when he had already went ahead.' Vreizer proceeded with the execution of his initial plan and edged forward toward the knight that was awaiting them. His previous smile reduced to merely an emotionless stare toward the shadow engulfing the other side of the intersection. The piqued curiosity of others had affected him as well, and the fact that the scout would knew the answer to it first slightly irritated him.

Despite his best attempt in discerning the sound, the obscure view ahead proved to assist in making it indistinct to him. Shaking the thought away momentarily from his mind, he waited patiently at the intersection while occasionally casting a glance toward the others, hoping that they would join them soon so as the mystery could be unfold sooner; easing his inquisitive mind.

Tsumeken
2011-05-16, 08:53 AM
@Nine;there is no imminent danger so you can remain taking 5/10/20 on your rolls heres what you see

The room is a regular room only with a much to high ceiling (about 150ft up) A small set o indents (3) appear on a tile in the center of the room. on tile is a message written in common that reads "In the next room, your greatest enemy is your most reliable ally" Their is a large door with no knobs or handles in the east of the room. The gear grinding noise comes from the walls which seem to have many sets spinning in tandem within them.

@Daeth:Are you previewing posts with rolls, doing that kinda negates the rolls for some reason.

Daeth
2011-05-17, 12:40 AM
@Nine;there is no imminent danger so you can remain taking 5/10/20 on your rolls heres what you see

The room is a regular room only with a much to high ceiling (about 150ft up) A small set o indents (3) appear on a tile in the center of the room. on tile is a message written in common that reads "In the next room, your greatest enemy is your most reliable ally" Their is a large door with no knobs or handles in the east of the room. The gear grinding noise comes from the walls which seem to have many sets spinning in tandem within them.

@Daeth:Are you previewing posts with rolls, doing that kinda negates the rolls for some reason.

@Tsume:
I don't know what the deal is with those, it might be my comp. I'll ask Nine if I can try posting rolls on his.

Daeth
2011-05-17, 12:44 AM
Robyn satisfied that the noise was being examined, moved to the doorway Akai disappeared through ready to assist or move on whichever came first. 'Can't be too careful, carelessness is what got me here in the first place. And I won't be made a fool of again.'

NineThePuma
2011-05-17, 12:49 AM
Akai, looking over the 'puzzle' makes his way back to the group, inspecting the rocks he'd pocketed. Sure, they -seemed- ordinary at first glance, but maybe they had characters carved on them or something.

Tsumeken
2011-05-17, 10:35 AM
@NineThey did not seem to have any markings on them but they were smooth and could fit into the holes if need be.

Akai reappears from the passageway and appears to be studying the rocks that he had taken from the safe area.

Daeth
2011-05-18, 12:39 PM
Akai stepped out of the shadows looking at something in his hand, being only a few feet tall Robyn couldn't see what it was. Looking up at him she asked about the results of his scouting. "Did you find the source of the ticking?"

NineThePuma
2011-05-19, 12:21 AM
"Of course. It's a giant set of gears. Coming along for the ride?"

Akai motions back up the corridor with one hand, still inspecting the stone.

Are the rocks in any way distinguishable from each other?

VirgoBushin
2011-05-19, 07:07 AM
Norn

Norn frowned slightly as their designated trap-seeker spoke. She'd preferred being told a bit more though for now, she supposed it would suffice. She gave him a nod before looking back to the others than the, for now, leader of sorts. "Alright then, I guess you wouldn't mind leading us back should there be any traps now would you?" Moving a silver strand of her hair behind her left ear, she got ready to follow him into the gear room.

Tsumeken
2011-05-19, 02:19 PM
(In the intrest of letting Nine not have to post moving back through the hall I assume you all would trust him to lead you the right way and thus you all end up in the room he had earlier found)

The walls are smooth and the door had no handles, the only thing of intrest in this room seems to be the small indentations for the stones that you can assume trigger something else.

Daeth
2011-05-19, 06:17 PM
Robyn cautiously made her way toward the indentations looking them over curiously "So, anyone want to risk that this might be a trap and try to open this door?" Looking around at the others awaiting a response. "I'm ready when you are and there doesn't seem to be much choice anyway but if anyone wants to check the door for traps be my guest, unless Akai already checked it. Robyn turned to the man to see if he'd confirm that statement. 'We're going to have to move on one way or another, might as well go through here'

Tsumeken
2011-05-21, 12:55 PM
As you contemplate whatever dangers there may be, a loud shink sound drops agate over the portal of your previous entrance. You also begin to hear sounds from the ceiling above as if something's moving.

Kenji
2011-05-21, 05:57 PM
'That certainly didn't sound reassuring at all. You all think the other victims are already up and moving? Best to make haste with the door while we still can.' Vreizer slowly drew his rapier and strode nearer to Norn; standing protectively over her. Turning toward Norn with a grim smile, he whispered silently, 'You know... you are right when you said I should stay behind due to my lack of experience. Still, it doesn't arrive without any equivalent risk allocated in between, right? Besides...' His sight averted from her, now vaguely concentrating on the door where the sound originated. After hesitated for a few moment, Vreizer drew a deep breath before stating confidently, '...This is what an older brother does, isn't it?'

Listen Check
[roll0]
Attempting to discern the sound from both above and the door

VirgoBushin
2011-05-21, 10:10 PM
Norn

Norn jumped slightly upon hearing the sudden sounds, especially the one behind them. It spelled out one phrase for them all and she was pretty sure it didn't need to be spelled out to anyone else. It said clearly in whatever language they were native to, which in her case was Common and Celestial, No easy escapes for any of you. It was, more than anything, nerve-wracking but as she reminded herself of where she now was, she figured she should expect things like this and, God forbid, worse from here on out. After all, the man had seemed too eager to watch his game of sorts and it was obvious he intended on ensuring he'd get what he wanted.

She felt herself snap out of her thoughts as she heard her brother gently speaking behind her. She gave him a smile as she listened carefully to his words before replying back in her own soft tongue, shifting to Celestial, "True... all of that is. However, this doesn't mean you should be so reckless. We can and will both get out of this together so don't you dare die on me. After all, the dead can't protect the living now can they?" It was a horrible theory and possibility but she had to face the facts in knowing it did indeed exist... for now. Until they were out of here safely, Death would always be watching over them all. Switching back to Common, she addressed the group now, "I think we need to head to the door before us.. preferably sooner than later. I get the feeling waiting to find out the sources of the noises would result in less than pleasant results." With that, she began to head towards it. Oh the irony... she had warned her brother of being reckless and yet here she was, doing just that despite it having good intentions. It was enough to make her smile a very anxious but wry grin that was now on her face.

NineThePuma
2011-05-21, 11:08 PM
<"You know, as amusing as the byplay of long lost siblings is, please don't let it distract you from business."> Akai said the words quietly as he made his presence known again, speaking Celestial as he held the stones from earlier out in one hand.

"Now, take these and figure out what's up with the floor. I'm going to see what I can do with the door." Akai's second line was in common, and without a flicker of the amusement he felt showing on his face, he set in to inspect the door more thoroughly.

Search check on the door. [roll0]

VirgoBushin
2011-05-22, 12:09 AM
Norn

Norn blinked, amazed that someone else actually knew Celestial that wasn't an Aasimir. Nonetheless, she still didn't like his choice of words and didn't hesitate to express her thoughts as she shot the trap-finder an annoyed glare. "If I had gotten so distracted I couldn't even assist out in fighting, you'd have known by now. Now, if you don't mind, I've been able to handle myself for years without being bossed around and I can continue to do so even as of now. So hold your tongue with commands and bring up actual, vital suggestions.. like avoiding traps or something." Her eyes went down to the stones as she finished speaking, scoffing lightly as she rather reluctantly began trying to figure them out as best as she could. She had said in her introductions, after all, that she was a fighter and a healer, not a damn wizard. But since they didn't have one, she supposed herself and Vreizer were indeed the next closest things.

Spellcraft [to note any possible magical properties on the stones perhaps?]: [roll0]
Listen [to discern or somewhat figure out the source of the noise from above: [roll1]

Daeth
2011-05-22, 12:07 PM
Robyn turned to look at the door at the loud sound on the other side.'I think we've stayed in one place for too long...'. Norn and Vreizer seemed to have some kind of sibling exchange in another language to which Akai responded in what seemed to be annoyance. Norn turned to him and scolded him for being nosy, it seemed and they both started to inspect the stones. Turning to the wall beside the door Robyn inspected the holes that seemed to be for the stones hoping to find a way to help get out of here.

Listen (for the noises on the other side of the door) [roll0]
Search (the holes on the wall) [roll1]

Kenji
2011-05-22, 05:27 PM
As inappropriate as it seems, the follow up dispute turn out to be a rather amusing scene for Vreizer; all the more in this disastrous prison and hopefully the host would think similarly lest he sent something of even greater menace on their way for his own entertainment. 'Nevertheless, I am neither an optimist nor a pessimist, hence for me it is always a now or never opportunity. However, similar to you all, I had never planned on yielding without any resistance; that thought never wavered throughout our escape.' Despite there being a long term of neglect in his mother tongue, he was able to deliver it fluently in perfect Celestial, much to his own surprise.

Switching to a grim Common much like previously, he continued, 'Nonetheless, it would be beneficial to limit the usage of languages which are not comprehensible by all of us present here. After all, we are but strangers banded together by this drastic turn of event and it would prove disadvantageous to us if our temporary unity is to be torn down by unnecessary suspicion over others; which is true either way to a certain degree.' Before others were able to chime in, he quickly added, 'Of course, Norn and I aside.' Although he deliberately emphasized the point, it was nevertheless a feign bliss regardless it's the truth or purely a coincidence.

Reassuring himself of the situation at hand, he followed Norn as she proceeded to acquire the stones from the scout. 'Let's see if I could assist you in it...' whispered Vreizer softly to her as he concentrated on the stone without losing too much focus of his surrounding.

Spellcraft Check
[roll0]

Tsumeken
2011-05-23, 01:54 PM
@Nine: No traps appear to be set to the door or the panel that you can tell.

@: Virgo: unfortunatly you find nothing and all you can hear is the sound or sliding stone from above you all.

@Daeth: Your search reveals small buttons in the holes and yes the stones will fit perfectly inside of them. As for your listen check you hear nothing from the other side of the wall but you do hear movement from up above, like a slimy and squishy sdound usually generated by sea flie or things with suckers.

@Kenji: You spellcraft check finds nothing spectacular about the stones other then that they seem to have been polished and shaped to the same size as the holes in the wall/panel

The stone sliding sound from above you stops as the room goes quiet again, if you look up you can swear you see dark stalactite-like things moving about the ceiling, but at this distance it is hard to tell without a taking a good look.

Unless you you have darkvision, if so read below
The ceiling is inded moving slightly as strange squid-like creatures colored a deep black move about the ceiling, they seem to be postioning themselves closer to the group.

John Cribati
2011-05-23, 02:09 PM
Hart

Um... Guys? There are squids on the ceiling. I think we should do something about that...

((OOC: Sorry I wasn't around. Forgot to subscribe to the thread. Anyone wanna give ma rundown of the 50 or so posts I missed?))

VirgoBushin
2011-05-23, 02:34 PM
Norn

Norn shook her head, annoyed at having been given the role of a wizard. She was about to say she hadn't found anything before one of the others spoke, making her look over at the companion first and then up at the ceiling. It seemed he wasn't joking.... squids, or what looked like them, were definitely on the ceiling. Lovely time to have limited range fighters...

She then looked over at the group, pocketing the stone away before speaking, "If anyone else has some form of long range, I suggest they get ready first while those better suited for face-to-face combat get ready... and soon. It seems we've got more company." She points upward at the ceiling, trying to hint what she was referring to though she had no idea if many of the others could see as well as she and Vreizer could in the dark. Her eyes then went back up to the ceiling as she carefully watched the squids, pulling her mace out as she got ready to fight soon.

Daeth
2011-05-24, 02:27 AM
Robyn looked up as she readied her bow. 'Giant slimy things on the ceiling, all the better practice' Picking the closest squid to her she let off a shot. "Anyone else got long range weapons or spells?" She asked the group not taking her eyes of the disgusting mess of the ceiling. 'ew... just... ew....'

Attack: [roll1]
if it hits,
Damage: [roll2]

Tsumeken
2011-05-25, 02:24 PM
The arrow fired by Robyn sticks into one of the hanging squids as it lets out a high pitched sound much like a scream which seems to alert the others. The total of creatures is five and all of them release themselves from the ceiling at the sound begining a slow spinning descent towards the characters, as if some deadly air ballet.

(The Dark Mantle will need another turn to hit the floor or characters due to the inital height they began at so you can prepare for them. they are about 40' away at the moment in their descent and are denied dex since they can't manuveur themselves in mid air)

@Herpestidae:
Evil lich has locked you all in his dungeon for a game of survival, you are not the only group in the dungeon so you may meet others. Giant zombie head tried to munch the group early on but was given a lobotomy thanks to Robyn's sharpshooting. found a safe area, 6 potions of curelight and 3 smooth stones. entered room currently in and found door with no handle and a panal with three round depressions to fit the stones in. Gate came down before could put them in/ finish examining, and now Dark Mantle drop form the ceiling in a attempt to give you a nice new deadly hat.

Demonicheart
2011-05-25, 02:55 PM
Beliana Fyre

Beliana was good at many things yet even she knew that ranged combat wasn't one of them. Yet it seemed that the Lich enjoyed pushing this group out of their comfort zone considering the new ceiling decorations that were quickly descending. Unlike some, she did have a means if limited of attacking at range. The female knight knew she had her collection of light throwing hammers. However, that was not the problem.

A look of indecision crossed her face as she mentally battled out her own actions, These beasts can not dodge as they fall. I should throw a hammer while I can...but that goes against my code, I can not take advantage of this situation...but this is not a normal situation! What of my allies?! Surely I can bend for that...but...if I do this little thing...where will it stop? Will I just be another crude fighter with a sharp object?

The brown haired woman immediately hushed all thought in her mind and proclaimed at the squids, "Come you cretins! I will face you fairly on the ground!" For those paying attention, her proclamation seemed to hint that she did have a way of attacking with ranged weapons but was intentionally choosing not to use it.

Effect: Beliana's Knight's Code states that attacking a flat-footed opponent is unacceptable and she has chosen to honor that this time.

Move Action: Beliana is positioning herself so that she is not standing directly underneath a falling squid but is close enough that she can get into melee with one once it hits the ground.

Standard Action: Total Defense (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC and cannot make attacks of opportunity)

Daeth
2011-05-27, 01:07 AM
Upon hearing the Knight's declaration to fight fairly Robyn positioned her self to take a full attack as soon as the creatures hit the ground. 'Normally I don't care much about being fair in situations like this but I can still respect the knights code'

Robyn is attacking the nearest one once it lands
Attack: [roll0]
If it hits: [roll1]
2nd Attack (rapid shot): [roll2]
If it hits: [roll3]

@TsumeI forgot about my point blank shot feat should I just add that on in the future?(point blank shot adds +1 to attack and damage rolls)

VirgoBushin
2011-05-27, 04:38 AM
Norn

Norn frowned slightly at the lack of ranged fighters. Thankfully, however, there were people who knew how to use strategy... which was a good thing at the very least. Standing beside the knight, she gripped her mace tightly, her eyes remaining upon another one of the squid-like creatures. "Come on you creatures... show us what you got so we can show off what we have..." She murmured silently, her eyes remaining nearby the walls and ceiling.

Init: [roll0]
Move Action: Getting beside Beliana, preparing to fight when one gets close to herself and Beliana
Standard Action: Total Defense as well for me

John Cribati
2011-05-27, 06:29 AM
Hart

Hart stayed silent; that way, he wouldn't give away his fear. he edged out from under a falling cloak-like creature, close to Norn. Fighting with her seemed like the best option in the current situation.

Kenji
2011-05-27, 09:00 AM
Though the knight's action would be perceived as foolish by him, it was nevertheless something that formed the foundations of a knight, not to mention it was unwise to distract the others now. Let's just hope the perpetrator had put that under consideration... With the rapier he withdrew beforehand, Vreizer dashed toward the furthest Dark Mantle, his rapier readied to be thrust deep into it once it was within range. Silently, he was relieved that they were not the victims of the lich; lest he would be half-hearted to oppose them.

Initiative Check: [roll0]
Move Action: Move toward the furthest Dark Mantle
Standard Action: Attack the Dark Mantle once it's within range.
Attack Roll [Crit]: [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3]
Damage Roll [Crit]: [roll4]

Tsumeken
2011-05-27, 02:19 PM
@DaethI can remeber it for creatures that are within 30' of you that way you don't have to includ it in your rolls or anything.

The Darkmantle's land as although two of them are immediatly taken out of the game as arrows and rapier pierce their spongy exterior causing a expulltion of air from thier supposed mouths as they fall silent.

The remaining Darkmantle attempt to smother the brave warriors who waited for them in their formation. They however fail as the defensive formation holds out causing the creatures to merely land on the floor.

Grapple/Damage checks & Init
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Initiative order
Kenji
Norn
DM 3
DM 1
Beliana
Robyn
Hart
DM 2

VirgoBushin
2011-05-27, 05:31 PM
Norn

Norn had begun to count down in her head slowly. Three.....two...... Her grip on her mace tightened as finally one was definitely within her range. "One! Time for you all to disappear!" Of course, by disappearing, she meant death in this case. Holding firmly onto her mace, she swung the chained ball at the closest one in front of her, hoping to squish it before they made their own moves.

To hit roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Kenji
2011-05-27, 05:47 PM
As the Dark Mantle burst into thin air, Vreizer swiped his rapier in a few wild arc to clear the slimes covering it. Noticing Norn was taking care of one of the Dark Mantle, he surveyed the other two and noticed one of them that was unusually agile compared to the rest. Making another preemptive dash toward the specific Dark Mantle, he attempted to thrust his rapier into it, convinced that it would work prior to his initial success.

Move Action: Moving toward Dark Mantle 3
Standard Action: Attacking Dark Mantle 3
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Attack Roll [Critical]: [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]
Damage Roll [Critical]: [roll3]

Tsumeken
2011-05-30, 06:04 PM
OOC: Sry to everyone for not being on as of late, mine and Virgo's Daughter is visiting us in the coming week (+ it's her birthday she'll be 5) so we've beeen scrambling around getting things all ready for her arrival.

The Two Dark Mantle Fall to the celestial siblings' attacks leaving only one quivering alone, and barely ready to attack itself. (DM 3 and 1 dead so it's Beliana's turn.)

Demonicheart
2011-05-30, 06:51 PM
Beliana Fyre

Although the knight did take note of the quivering in the remaining foe, she was not quite as hindered by it as she was when she refused to take a cheap shot. The squid beast was on the ground and ready to fight. She thought it could sense its end but it wasn't helpless. Still, the twinge of guilt slowed her blade a little. They were all prisoners, just as much as herself and her allies. She tried her best to make her swings as clean as possible.

With her grissly task done, she closed her eyes and commented, "Even these beasts had no choice of being here...we do what we must to live, just as they likely do. More victims of our captor's twisted entertainment." She didn't regret the killing, merely the circumstances around it.

Round Action
Standard Action: Attack last Dark Mantle with Longsword
Attack Roll: [roll0]
If Hit damage: [roll1]

Tsumeken
2011-05-30, 10:55 PM
The creature lets out a squishing sound as you cleave it, causing the last of the creatures to fall. The room gets quiet again as the grate goes back up as the panel in the wall goes up, the inscription changing as it flips upside down. It reads, "Chains can hold power but freedom can hold hearts."

Daeth
2011-05-30, 11:58 PM
Turning from the scene of the battle and looked to the words on the wall. "Hmm ok, any ideas on what that could mean? And did anyone want to try the rocks on the holes in the floor?" Robyn didn't mean to be dismissive of the solemn tone that the knight had but she was getting antzy standing around. She wanted out of this mess and the only way it seemed to do that was to keep moving. Looking around she looked to see who had the 'stone-keys'.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-31, 03:09 PM
Norn

Norn sighed in relief. So far, the combat part of this... 'game' was looking relatively easy. Simultaneously, she reminded herself this was only floor one and it would probably get gradually more difficult as they went up in floors. As Robyn mentioned the stones, she pulled the one the trap-finder had given her. She first checked it to see if it had any inscriptions, runes, or anything of the like then set it down in it's appropriate spot. Hopefully this will work....

Tsumeken
2011-06-02, 06:49 PM
A brief click and a spining sound from behind the door before it srung outwards, revealing a long hall though it. chains hung from the walls and seemed to cover the surfaces like vines.

Daeth
2011-06-07, 01:33 PM
Robyn stepped froward to look through the newly opened door. "Long, dark, with just a hint of creepy. This guy seriously needs to fire his interior decorator and maybe invest in an exterminator." Looking back over her shoulder "You guys ready to move on, or do we want the invisible wonder to scout ahead first" Robyn looked over to Akai awaiting a response. It wasn't that she did respect him, he just seem like the type of person to not involve himself in a fight which to her was an alien concept. Where she had grown up fighting and competeing on a never ending conquest to get stronger was part of her culture. So his almost indifference to the last two encounters was foreign to her. 'I just need to relax, scouting seems to be where his skills lie, and he's been pretty helpful so far.'

Daeth
2011-06-07, 01:36 PM
Sorry forget to attach this to the end of my post
When Robyn looked through the doorway:
[roll0]