PDA

View Full Version : Aging magic and dragons

Alleran
2011-05-08, 12:49 AM
When using spells that increase a character's age, if you happen to be a dragon, would this age technically grant you all the benefits of increased draconic age (size increases, RHD, stat bonuses, innate spellcasting increases, etc.)?

Additionally, are there any spells that actually do this? I've heard that there are some spells that can age you in Dragonlance, but I don't have any splats that actually contain the spells themselves, so my hunting has turned up pretty much nothing. I do know that a Time Dragon (Dragon #359) can cause aging with its breath weapon, but that's not a very efficient way of going about it.

Coidzor
2011-05-08, 02:21 AM
Bestow Curse and Greater Bestow Curse(Bestow Greater Curse?) can both age a creature up an age category. In a way that, I believe, stacks.

Which for Dragons is a buff rather than a debuff or mixed bag.

So... That's the general interpretation I've run into. There's even a couple of spells that are handy for wyrmling and other young/near the age category bump-up dragons that can cast to get them enough years to jump a category.

The spell you're thinking of from Dragonlance is from that one book which details several periods of time in Krynn's history and also goes into alternate timelines/dimensions. I think. Time's River or something along those lines was the name as far as I can recall for the spell.