PDA

View Full Version : question positive & negative energy

Kurtmuran
2011-05-08, 10:25 AM
i have an character who are a damphire ( pathfinder damphire) but is a paladin (lawfull good), my dm say if the damphire use channel positive energy and smite evil in an evil or undead enemy the damphire will recoil damage and if use lay on hands to heal someone will suffer the recoil damage too

how i can fix that?

LOTRfan
2011-05-08, 11:01 AM
First, I think this is the wrong forum. You probably should've posted this in the d20 roleplaying forum, unless you want a homebrew solution to this.

That seems like a pretty jerk move on the DM's part, as that pretty much ruins the character concept. Also, I don't know about Pathfinder, but in 3.5 smite evil doesn't use positive energy.

Kilbourne
2011-05-08, 12:07 PM
Pathfinder's paladin lay-on-hands is not a typed energy; that is, is isn't positive or negative energy. This means you may use this on yourself, or others, healing them (if living) or harming them (if other undead). Lay on hands specifically says that it "heals... harms undead". A dhampir is not undead, so feel free to LoH yourself all day long. You may also want to point out to your GM that there is no such this as "recoil damage" in Pathfinder.

Keep in mind that a dhampir is not undead, it just has negative energy affinity.

Kurtmuran
2011-05-08, 12:51 PM
thanks and yes in the case of its armed i want a homebrew solution ( like a feat, spell, artifact,etc) but you help me a lot whit the info