PDA

View Full Version : Special Circumstances (IC Thread)

Moose Man
2011-05-08, 01:15 PM
You all wake up naked, and in a bed together. None of you know each other. You're a bit sore. You have no memory of the last few months.

Daimbert
2011-05-08, 03:44 PM
Katherine

Katherine looks around, takes in the surroundings, and grumbles, "Well, this is certainly not the normal way for me to start my day."

She'd suspect some very untoward shenanigans involving drink and decadence if she didn't know how out of character that was for her.

Blackfish
2011-05-08, 04:52 PM
Rhulg

Rhulg sits up and examines the other humanoids in the bed with him. He leans forward and clutches his head in his hands.

"What happened? Who are you all? I don't sleep, why am I in a bed? Where is my hammer!?"

CaptainPlatypus
2011-05-08, 04:57 PM
Rasul notices blearily that he is awake, and suddenly realizes that something's very wrong. Accustomed to being fully awake and alert from the moment his eyes open, he can't even bring them to focus - and he seems to be not only in a bed, but with others, including two automata! The attractive young girl next to him flusters him perhaps even further than those two.

He swings his legs out and rises. He spares time for only the barest glance around the room before beginning his exercises - a body unprepared to fight for its life is a body not worthy to live in. Midway through the second stretch, his mind is already on its way back to its normal focus and clarity when he realizes that the collective nudity is probably something that bothers his apparent companions, but he lets the idea pass. First he will focus his mind and body - then he will address the situation as a whole.

Mixster
2011-05-08, 06:24 PM
Markandur
Markandur sits up and looks around. He immediately grabs for his greatsword, realising it's not there, he pulls himself to his feet and dusts of his plating. Slightly confused from having been in bed he starts talking, at first a deep rumbling voice, gradually it sounds more like a voice than a rolling thunder.
This must be a glitch. The last thing I remember is being uncovered by a group of much astonished archeologists.
He looks to the rest of the group. Scanning them swiftly, with his slightly glowing two blue orbs that could be considered eyes. Then producing what might be considered a smile among some.
Humans without their stuff are so helpless.
Ah, but lets get over with the introductions: he continues
The only word that have even been close to being called a name for me is Markandur. Don't ask me what I am, for I am not quite sure.

kestrel404
2011-05-08, 07:54 PM
Cain blinks awake slowly and blearily. Looking around, he lets out a mildly annoyed groan. "I do so hate it when I can't remember why I'm in bed with...a ravishingly beautiful woman, several men, and two warforged? Really, that must have been a hell of a party. Hopefully one of you can tell me where we are?"

Getting out of bed, I begin doing some light calisthenics to alleviate the soreness. My lack of clothes seems to bother me not in the slightest.

Daimbert
2011-05-09, 03:38 AM
Katherine

Noticing that the others are up and moving around, Katherine takes one of the sheets and wraps it around herself to cover herself. Despite it normally being the case that it might make someone look disheveled or out of sorts, somehow she still seems to reflect a bearing of nobility and dignity. She must have had a lot of practice with that.

Mixster
2011-05-09, 05:25 AM
"If you do not produce your names and professions fast, I will assume all of you enemies." Markandur says to the humans, not much as a threat, but more as a matter of factly speaking.
Then he turns to the warforged.
"I've lost my sword, my rope, and my pendulum as well, should we go look for it along with your hammer?" He says, speaking slowly and softly, then he turns and start walking towards the door.

(by the way, Markandur Focuses himself psionically, and goes into Punishing stance).

CaptainPlatypus
2011-05-09, 05:38 AM
Finishing his exercises, Rasul stands, focused and refreshed. His mind focuses on the events he's missed of the past several minutes, and the more threatening of the automata in particular. He looks levelly at it. "A foolish man seeks out enemies, and finds what he seeks with few exceptions - a wise man seeks friends, and finds the same." He makes no threatening moves, but his eyes are focused on the automaton's chest, not its head, watching for the shifts in balance that betray sudden motion.

kestrel404
2011-05-09, 05:57 AM
I pause in the middle of my routine to give the angry warforged a disapproving look. "Well now, that's hardly friendly. But I suppose it would be rude not to at least introduce myself, if I have not already. My name is Cain Andable of the noble house of Amtiskaw on the isle of Marenhide. Call me Cain, or Your Lord High Majesty the Grand Arch Sub-Duke of the Lower West End. Either one, I'm not picky. As for what I do, the last I recall was a spot of archaeology, though I'm unsure of how long ago that was."

I feel my chin and note that I am not quite as clean shaven as I prefer. "More than a day ago, certainly. I'd have to check a calendar or note the positions of all of the suns to be sure. Does anyone know the date? Or anything relevant, really? Because I'm starting to become a might edgy here myself."

Daimbert
2011-05-09, 08:34 AM
Katherine

Katherine gives Cain an amused look in response to his litany and title. "Cain, I think, should do; your title is quite a mouthful and we don't really need to stand on ceremony, now do we?"

The last is said fairly pointedly.

"As for me, my name is Katherine Kroener and I'm just the daughter of a minor noble family from a kingdom that's quite obviously not this one. And I'm more interested in finding out where we are, why we're here, and how we can get to someplace else than in making demands and classifying people as enemies and friends. Right now, it looks like we'll all have to work together to get our stuff back and get out of here, so let's start with that."

Blackfish
2011-05-09, 10:02 AM
Rhulg

Rhulg steps off the bed, leaving a large depression where he had been seated. He pats his waist as though looking for something that isn't there and makes a growling sound like metal being torn.

"Make yourselves presentable, we must find our belongings. We can make introductions and other small talk once the area is deemed secure."

A sword blade extends from his left wrist, above the hand, as he turns and follows Markandur.

Daimbert
2011-05-09, 10:44 AM
Katherine

Katherine hangs back as they approach the door; if there's any danger, it'd be best for those best suited for combat to deal with it. However, she readies herself just in case, and also makes sure that she ties the sheet on as best as she's able.

Moose Man
2011-05-09, 11:32 AM
The door seems normal by all normal means of viewing, only a sparkle of light from the window reaches it, making it seem all the more mysterious.

KatherineEven though in the middle of the desert, you feel a slight chill as they approach the door.

Daimbert
2011-05-09, 11:41 AM
Katherine

"Does anyone else feel a not-at-all-desert-like chill all of a sudden?" Katherine asks, pausing for an instant.

kestrel404
2011-05-09, 11:55 AM
"Now that you mention it, there is a bit of a draft. I suppose the pleasantries can wait. Given the attitudes in the room, I'm going to assume that none of you recognize where we are? Lovely, it's like the start of one of those truly awful plays where all of the actors start out in compromising positions and it just gets worse from there..."

As Cain speaks, he grabs one of the sheets off the bed and wraps himself in it toga-style. But just as he finishes, a look of concern crosses his features and he steps quickly to the door, beating the warforged there. "...And on that note, let's not do anything hastily. If you don't mind I'm going to take a quick look at this door and its surroundings for...unpleasant surprises."

(Search for traps, [roll0])

Moose Man
2011-05-09, 01:48 PM
CainThere are no visible traps.

kestrel404
2011-05-09, 02:00 PM
After a tense moment of prodding, Cain chuckles softly. "Or perhaps I'm just being a touch paranoid."

Backing off from the door, Cain gives an 'after you' gesture to the warforged. "If everyone is ready? Let's face this brave new world together, shall we?"

Moose Man
2011-05-10, 06:44 AM
OOC: do you open the door? Because if you do...A vapor filled the hall, blacker than night and not at all sluggish. The vapor, that you all now can see smells like blood, fills the room and blocks vision.

kestrel404
2011-05-10, 08:37 AM
(OOC: Just to get things moving again, I open the door.)

Cain pauses for a moment in shock, and before too much of the crud gets into the room, he closes the door.

"Ugh! Disgusting! Oh this is just bloody lovely. OK, I'm not walking into that stuff willingly. How about we go out the window?"

Daimbert
2011-05-10, 09:12 AM
Katherine

Katherine grimaces. "Why am I suddenly reminded of a bad horror story?"

Moose Man
2011-05-10, 04:41 PM
You better start believing in ghost stories. You're in one. The vapor is sucked towards the bed, forming first a skeleton, then muscles, then flesh. On the bed is a young nymph, beautiful, but her blinding beauty doesn't seem to be actually blinding (no blindness from unearthly beauty). As you watch, her skin splits, as if cut by an invisible sword. Her blood seeps out, slow as molasses, and you can see it drip from her fingertips. She seems to have been beaten and raped, cut and violated. She curls up, still apparently not awake or aware of the pain of her wounds.

Blackfish
2011-05-10, 05:26 PM
Rhulg

The blade on Rhulg's arm retracts back into its casing and he runs to the nymph, quickly trying to use the remaining bedding as bandages with which to bind her wounds.

"Quick, do any of you remember being doctors?"

kestrel404
2011-05-10, 05:59 PM
"Somehow, I don't think that a few bandages are going to help in this case."

Cain looks on in consternation. Then he pinches himself. "Darn. Not a dream. At least, not mine..."

Mixster
2011-05-10, 07:07 PM
Markandur looks to Rhulg "I am a warrior, and a philosopher, not someone to cure a fey creature. But we should probably attempt to speak to her." He says, walking towards her resting a calm hand on her shoulder as he gets near her.
It is okay, we are here to help. He says, in a soothing and calm and friendly voice that didn't even seem to come from the same warforged as before.

Diplomacy (if needed) [roll0]

Is the bloody smoke still in the hall way or did it move into the room?

Moose Man
2011-05-10, 07:20 PM
The nymph shivers as the cool metal touches her flesh, causing some of the more serious cuts (those on her neck and torso) to bleed more heavily. She cries out, still asleep. She murmurs something, then says it clearly. Run

Blackfish
2011-05-10, 07:52 PM
Rhulg

"Do not touch her, you will cause her to die before we find help for her."

Rhulg pushes Markandur away from the nymph and then wraps her in the remaining tattered sheets. He then picks her up and runs out into the hallway, looking for a stairwell to take her to the inn's commons.

Moose Man
2011-05-10, 08:16 PM
The Hallway: There are what look like sacks of flour piled twenty feet away from the door in each direction. Along the hallway's walls are doors. Thousands, tens of thousands, millions, all identical looking, going down two perfectly symmetrical walls (think the endless door program from the matrix). The hallway extends for miles beyond what the eye can see, but you don't have time to be wandering the halls. There are people behind the sacks, and they don't look happy. A few of them take out large contraptions that look sort of like crossbows, except are definitely more sleek. PUT THE NYMPH DOWN ON THE GROUND AND PLACE YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD. One of the dangerous men shouts, using a cone shaped device to amplify his voice.

CaptainPlatypus
2011-05-11, 01:43 AM
At the sound, Rasul puts his hands on his head and steps out into the hallway."Who is more violent - he who injures, or he who fails to heal? Explain this situation, and we will cooperate." He would rather avoid a fight - but if it's a matter of killing the dangerous to protect the helpless, that isn't a choice at all.
Diplomacy: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]

kestrel404
2011-05-11, 05:58 AM
Cain, standing next to the door, gets a look down the hallway in one direction and balks slightly. If this isn't a dream, then he's certain that his perceptions are being messed with somehow.

Still, there's little he can do but react to what is in front of him. If he'd had some melds shaped (and wouldn't he like to know how they got UN-shaped!) he would have some options, but naked and unprepared, against fortified and armed opponents? Time to be creative. And the bleeding smoke-girl said run, so he'd run.

"You!" He points at the warforged not currently holding the nymph. Quietly, so that he can't be heard in the hallway, he continues. "Help me grab the mattress off the bed. It will provide cover if need to run. And it looks like it's that or surrender."

Cain moves to suit actions to words, and he'll accept help from anyone who wants to give it, not just the warforged he pointed to.

Mixster
2011-05-11, 06:08 AM
The Warforged helps getting the matress up.

You, and Katherine should hide behind me. My plating can protect me against most ordinary blows.

His eyes change to a greenish hue.

I am not sure we wish to fight them though. Their technology looks far superior to ours. And only me and the other warforged can do anything in a fight.

kestrel404
2011-05-11, 07:31 AM
"No fighting - we're outnumbered and surrounded. They wouldn't have fortified their position if going through one of the doors in the hall would help us, but their defenses show us what they believe our best chance to be - over-running one group quickly and then fleeing at top speed. And we just hope that their crossbows have short ranges, because I didn't see a convenient corner to duck behind."

Cain helps to maneuver the mattress to just inside the door, waiting for the right opportunity. He does his best to catch the eyes of everyone still in the room. "When I say go, we run at one of the groups and fling the mattress at them, then try to bull or tumble through."

Codenpeg
2011-05-11, 09:22 AM
Augustus

Unfortunately for Augustus he was still half asleep in the bed. He fell out in a panic as they moved the mattress.
"Hey, what, now hold on a second, gah!" He stands up and takes a quick look around, takes a deep breath and tries not to panic. His eyes flit to the nymph then narrow angrily, he rubs the burn scars on his face with a hand that is even more worse off, covered with small scars and burns.

"My name is Professor Augustus, Professor or August if you need to, Auggy to only my friends. Now someone had better tell me what you did to that... girl. In any case bring her here and let me see if there's anything I can do for her."

Blackfish
2011-05-11, 09:54 AM
Rhulg

"One moment, please."

Rhulg squeezes back through the doorway, hoping that the men in the hall will not attack, and takes the nymph to Augustus, setting her down gently on the floor. He then extends the blade from his left wrist again, turning to stand just inside the doorway.

"Help her quickly, Professor. We appear to be running out of time."

Daimbert
2011-05-11, 10:45 AM
Katherine cuts in, "Cain, I suggest we try at least a little diplomacy first. Rushing this group is likely to hurt, and this might just be a misunderstanding.

She then turns to Rasul, "Do you want to try again, or would you like me to give it a shot?"

kestrel404
2011-05-11, 11:14 AM
Cain moves aside as Rhulg passes back through the door, then moves back into position, using the bulk of his end of the mattress to shield himself from the people to the left side of the hall. He remains ready to move, but watchful, keeping an eye on what those in the hallway are doing.

He nods in acknowledgement to Katherine, but says nothing.

Mixster
2011-05-11, 01:35 PM
"A sound idea, Ma'am. The best warrior avoids a fight if possible."
He looks to the professor as his eyes turn back to blue.

Can you help her? If you need any object of vegetable material to help you in your doing I can supply them, perhaps you know of a plant that can help her? It does take one minute though, which might be more time than we have right now.

He looks towards the hallway, sighing slightly. Well I hope that guy surrendering will throw them off for a while.

He looks to the big warforged, his eyes turn grey as simple a plan forms in his adamantine head.
You and I can shield the fleshlings on their escape so we should carry the mattress in the front while the others take the girl and eachother and walk behind us.

Moose Man
2011-05-11, 01:43 PM
YOU HAVE REFUSED TO COMPLY WITH OUR DEMANDS. KNOW THAT THIS IS AN ACT PUNISHABLE BY DEATH, GENERALS. YOU HAVE REFUSED TO COMPLY. EXECUTE PLAN B. One of the people stands up. It's face tested with rage, it commands the rest of the things to "EXECUTE PLAN B." They start marching to the door.

Daimbert
2011-05-11, 02:31 PM
Katherine stands up a bit and yells, "Well, we didn't really refuse as opposed to basically retreating while we tried to figure out why leaving an unlocked room was some sort of offense. But if you really want to force something instead of talking, you probably should go get some more men; I really don't think you have enough here. On the other hand, if you want to explain what the problem is and see if we can get some help for this dying nymph, I'm sure we can work this out to everyone's satisfaction."

I'm probably using all of these, but I'm leaving it up to the DM to figure out how all this works:

Bluff: (1d20+8)
Diplomacy: (1d20+8)
Intimidate: (1d20+8)

Moose Man
2011-05-11, 02:44 PM
It's rollv.
Please, all except those involved with something make spot checks.

Mixster
2011-05-11, 07:32 PM
She is right! Let's talk about this. We do not wish harm on anyone.

Diplomacy Rolled in the OOC, aiding Katherine: Diplomacy: (1d20+6)[10]

Moose Man
2011-05-11, 07:47 PM
WHETHER YOU CURRENTLY INTEND TO CAUSE HARM OR NOT IS IRRELEVANT, IT IS WHAT YOU HAVEDONE WHICH IS RELEVANT. WE HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO TAKE SOME VERVLOEKTE DEGENEN. As he says this, other doors open, and more rage-twisted people walk calmly out.AS FOR THE NYMPH, LET HER DIE, LIKE THE DEGENERATE SHE IS. ONLY THE PURE SHALL LIVE!

Blackfish
2011-05-11, 07:57 PM
Rhulg

"Professor, please take care of the nymph and keep your head down. The rest of you prepare, as it seems we are going to have to kill each and every one of them."

Intimidate check, just to see if any of them would prefer not to fight an unarmed group including a large robot covered in blades. If it will help, I'll extend the other 7 blades on my body.

[roll0]

kestrel404
2011-05-11, 09:04 PM
"Talking does not appear to be the answer. Let's take a page from their book and fortify."

Cain reaches out into the hallway to grab something, then slams the door closed.

CaptainPlatypus
2011-05-12, 03:52 AM
Rasul ducks back inside the closing door and shakes his head. Violence, always violence. The badger does not remove the snake from her nest by negotiation.

He turns to the blade-covered warforged. "We can't keep them out of here for long. When they enter, engage them with your brother-in-steel there. I shall be ready. The crane strikes best at the unwary prey." Suiting action to words, he takes up a position back from the door and in a somewhat unobtrusive location, readying himself to tumble into the fray and launch a flurry of strikes at anyone who enters after the automata have had their say.

Mixster
2011-05-12, 05:43 AM
The warforged, now acting like something completely crazy, grabs something invisible in front of the keyhole. Attempts to put it in the lock and turn his hand around in a twisting motion, as to lock the door with an invisible key, or perhaps just to make everybody think he locked the door.

The humans must have messed up, I guess it was supposed to say: To foil those Undesired, Turn.

He looks to Katarina
I guess diplomacy failed, we should look for another escape, and quickly.

Daimbert
2011-05-12, 07:12 AM
Katherine looks at Markandur in horror. "With all that's going on here, we're taking actions based on our interpreting something as an error, as opposed to a cryptic message that will lead to someone's doom?!? Am I the only one who actually READS horror stories?"

She then paces the room, trying to puzzle out the meaning of the original key tag, muttering as she does:

"To those foil undesired, turn. Could foil be a name? Are we, then, those foil or the foil -- it could be a group, after all -- doesn't desire? It would fit with why we were pretty much being held here with prepared positions, and the nymph certainly is undesired for her uncertainty. But then that would be a simple helpful command. But from whom? And is there any other help we can get?

But could it be a fencing foil? Those who don't desire fencing foils should turn the key? What, something isn't right there ..."

Mixster
2011-05-12, 07:32 AM
Or perhaps we are just supposed to turn around? IE Go back to sleep?

Daimbert
2011-05-12, 09:51 AM
Katherine halts sharply in her pacing, and then sings, "Turn around, bright eyes?"

She then shakes her head and returns to her pacing, muttering "Every now and then I fall apart."

Blackfish
2011-05-12, 09:57 AM
"Perhaps we should be preparing for an assault or seeking a way to leave. Perhaps we could knock down a wall and escape into an adjacent room. Could somebody please check the window to see how high we are?"

Rhulg then glances at Rasul. "Construction is not a priority at this time, is it?"

Going to stay readied to attack if one of the blokes enters the doorway.

Codenpeg
2011-05-12, 10:07 AM
Augustus

Not at all put off by the lack of clothing Augustus looks over the fey creature, his ears perking at the mention of 'degenerate' and 'pure'.
"Well, ****," he muttered as checked her pulse, breathing, temperature, and whatever else he could to try and figure out what was wrong with her. He thought he might know about what this creature was, he hoped that he could glean a few facts to save it.

Spot check: 1d20+3
Knowledge Nature(Nymph): 1d10+5
Heal check: [roll]1d20+7[/rollv]

kestrel404
2011-05-12, 11:00 AM
Cain nods to Rhulg and says, "Now that's a good idea."

He moves quickly through the room, glancing under the bed, checking the night stand next to the bed for obvious drawers, and then moving to look out the window. He checks the window to see if it's locked or even openable, and looks outside to see how high up and whether there might be a ledge outside to climb onto.

Mixster
2011-05-12, 02:58 PM
Smashing a Wall Might not be impossible either. He looks to the window. Then decides to go to the bed and pick up some bedsheets and starts tying them together.
You humans might be able to climb down using these, but I think the big guy and me are too heavy. I have my own method, but I don't know about you? He says looking towards Rhulg.

kestrel404
2011-05-13, 06:50 AM
Unsurprisingly, Cain finds nothing of value in the room. He easily opens the window and sticks his head outside to look down...way down at the ground below.

"We're going to need more rope. We're about seventy feet up."

After saying this, he moves to help Mixster turn sheets into rope. "Can somebody make a hole big enough for the warforged?"

Blackfish
2011-05-13, 09:44 AM
"Hah hah hah. I can probably make a hole big enough for me, though I doubt your 'rope' will hold me."

Rhulg kneels to examine the floor.

"I may have to burrow my way to ground level, provided there are floors below us."

Blackfish
2011-05-15, 12:35 AM
Rhulg begins carefully punching a hole big enough to see through in the floor.

Attack roll (if needed): [roll0]
Damage roll (if needed): [roll1] (bludgeoning)

Moose Man
2011-05-15, 01:48 AM
Rhulg begins carefully punching a hole big enough to see through in the floor.

Attack roll (if needed): 18 It's a floor!
Damage roll (if needed): [roll1] (bludgeoning)you feel your hand go through about two inches Of whatever the material is then stop.

Moose Man
2011-05-15, 11:03 PM
Eventually, your hand goes through the floor. The neat hole is big enough for a CD, it looks like.

Mixster
2011-05-16, 09:14 AM
Markandur while binding up the sheets move over to look out the window, and gauges the distance.

Daimbert
2011-05-17, 07:50 AM
Katherine shakes her head in frustration, stops pacing, and moves slowly and carefully up to the door to listen at it.

Mixster
2011-05-17, 08:47 AM
Markandur looks down at the ten or so feet of bound together bed sheets. I don't think it'll reach, there's about 70 feet down there. I have a better idea if you can keep them out for a minute? He says looking towards the door.

Moose Man
2011-05-17, 10:47 AM
@Katherine: Listen check plz?

Daimbert
2011-05-17, 01:06 PM
Katherine listens intently at the door.

[roll0]

kestrel404
2011-05-17, 01:47 PM
Cain ponders the situation for a moment before grinning. "Ten feet of rope? Won't get us to the ground, but it will get us to the next floor down. You mind holding the rope while I check out what's in the room below us?"

Cain moves over to the window and gestures for Markandur to bring the rope.

Blackfish
2011-05-17, 08:30 PM
"Sigh. There is no point in trying to reach the next floor, it is much too distant. Are there any handholds on the wall outside? Are there any floors above us?"

Rhulg walks back to stand beside the door, waiting for the forces outside to break it down so that he can strike.

Readying an action to attack the first soldier that comes through the door.

Moose Man
2011-05-17, 09:36 PM
Hint: there's a clue how to get down somewhere in the room.

Mixster
2011-05-18, 06:14 AM
It is not to distance if you know what to do.

Markandur starts concentrating, as he manifests Psychic Minor Creation, to create 2 cubic feet of silk rope (which is easily 70ft). That should take one minute.

Moose Man
2011-05-18, 06:34 AM
Okey-dokey, what do you guys do on that minute?

kestrel404
2011-05-18, 06:59 AM
Cain quickly studies the concentrating warforged before nodding. "Well, I guess he's got his own plan. Wish he could have been a bit less cryptic about it. Somebody help me move the bedframe."

He walks over to the mattressless bedframe and begins pushing the heavy wooden construct towards the locked door. "It will at least slow down those guys outside."

Daimbert
2011-05-18, 11:48 AM
Katherine moves back from the door, and asks, "Anyone want to listen and see why a group of rushing soliders kinda sounds like rushing water? I don't think that's quite normal."

As Markandur starts expanding the bedsheet rope, Katherine decides to take one last look around the room to see if there's anything of use that they missed or any other way out.

Search if it will matter: [roll0]

Moose Man
2011-05-18, 02:57 PM
Doesn't look like it.

Codenpeg
2011-05-18, 09:27 PM
AUGUSTUS

Tapping his chin, Augustus makes sounds of annoyance as his gaze wanders the room, checking the ceiling and walls for any clues as to what sort of screwed up place he had awakened to. The vapor kept popping back into his head, he looked down at the nymph and muttered the same words she had,
"Run... Run where?" He queried nobody in particular. He careful checked over the nymph again, wondering if she was merely an illusion that he couldn't see through.

Moose Man
2011-05-21, 05:09 PM
She isn't an illusion.

Moose Man
2011-05-23, 05:34 PM
The minute's over and Markandur gets his silk rope. What happens next?

Mixster
2011-05-29, 12:51 PM
So who wants to go down first? I can lower you if needed. Markandur says as he ties his rope around a bed pole.

kestrel404
2011-05-31, 07:27 AM
"Oh, I'll happily get out of this place. I'll call up when I'm on the ground if it's safe."

That said, Cain grabs onto the rope and begins shimmying down.

Moose Man
2011-05-31, 11:14 AM
The nymph stirs, then starts murmuring, "Run, please run. Run..."

Blackfish
2011-06-02, 11:52 PM
Rhulg pipes up, as the door doesn't seem to have been removed by their attackers. "I suggest that we exit now, before some new misfortune strikes. I can carry the wounded girl down last, in case we are attacked as we exit."

Mixster
2011-06-04, 10:02 AM
Alright, let's get to climbing, Markandur says as he opens the window.

Moose Man
2011-06-04, 10:29 AM
Ok, what do you do after you open it? What does everyone else do?
Cain, climb check please.

kestrel404
2011-06-05, 05:34 AM
After about half a minute of descent, Cain reaches the ground. Looking around quickly, he decides that it's certainly safer than the madhouse above.

He waves his arms to silently signal the people above to come down, then points to a tall sand dune not far from the building. Cain runs over the sand dune and disappears from sight.

On the other side, he hunkers down, getting what shade is available from the sun, and begins shaping his soulmelds.

Mixster
2011-06-05, 10:27 AM
I'm terrible at climbing, can somebody lift me down? Markandur says as he secures the rope around him. Then he puts the rope around the bed stand, and assuming somebody grabs it, proceeds to climb down with it.

I'll be taking 10 on the climb check which should be enough to get me down safely

Moose Man
2011-06-05, 07:01 PM
You get down safely.

Blackfish
2011-06-05, 11:28 PM
As soon as everyone else has climbed down, Rhulg will attempt to climb down.

Climb check: [roll0]

Daimbert
2011-06-06, 01:55 PM
When it was just Rhulg and Katherine left, she started to climb down:

[roll0]

Moose Man
2011-06-06, 02:28 PM
TAKE 10!! :smallamused:

Blackfish
2011-06-06, 02:58 PM
After Katherine descends the rope, Rhulg has an epiphany and starts to climb down carefully, rather than jumping and hoping to catch the rope on the way down.

Take 10 + 2 = 12!

Moose Man
2011-06-06, 03:01 PM
Not so hard, is it? :smallwink:
Anybody else?

Daimbert
2011-06-07, 06:01 AM
TAKE 10!! :smallamused:

What is this "Take 10" of which you speak [grin]?

I'll do it if I still can and it makes sense. I didn't think it would matter, but didn't think we'd all roll that low (a +4 bonus is pretty good) ...

Moose Man
2011-06-07, 09:23 PM
You still can.

(To speed things up)All of you hear a dim click. A deluge of water rips through the wall seventy feet in the air above you. The only hint that there is a room seventy feet in the air is the waterfall. Brilliant and cascading, it twists and turns, then sprays sand and water high into the air, much of it landing on your group. The Deluge subsides after a few seconds, and yo hear another soft click. There are no signs of civilization, and the room dissapears, showing no signs of ever having existed.

kestrel404
2011-06-08, 07:11 AM
Cain does his best to continue meditating, despite the sand and water. Hopefully the others will warn him if there is a problem - like, say, killer zombie cacti.

Mixster
2011-06-08, 07:13 AM
Markandur scans across the sand dunes, looking for the sun to get some sense of direction.

Anybody know where north is, and which way civilization is most likely to be? I'm not particularly interested in getting buried by another sandstorm for a thousand years.

Moose Man
2011-06-08, 04:53 PM
The visible sun is close to setting as a cool wind sweeps across the land. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTaN11DMlkU&feature=youtube_gdata_player) The land remains lifeless, the dunes staring at you long enough to see your soul. As the visible sun sets, the sky turns iridescent colors, mostly reds and purples, but with other colors mixed in.

Daimbert
2011-06-09, 11:30 AM
Katherine

"This isn't normal. Something's not right about all this. Can anyone tell if we're under a spell or something?" Katherine comments.

Codenpeg
2011-06-12, 03:52 PM
After taking a 10 to climb down as well Augustus clasps his hands together and chants softly, casting Detect Magic and looking around.
"I can't vouch for real but let me check for magic in our surroundings. "

Moose Man
2011-06-12, 10:37 PM
The sand glows softly, but from a magic of an undetectable type.

kestrel404
2011-06-13, 08:06 AM
Cain sits nearby, still meditating.

Mixster
2011-06-13, 06:37 PM
So, pick a direction guys. I can procure you food if you need it later. Shade would be more of a problem.

Moose Man
2011-06-15, 11:04 PM
Setting up camp? Walking while the sun's down? Cast gneiss, wait a few days, bind a nightmare to the plane, and astralproject to our plane for epic Lolz?

kestrel404
2011-06-16, 06:52 AM
Cain needs an hour's meditation to shape his soulmelds, because for whatever reason they weren't shaped when he woke up (otherwise, he wouldn't be completely naked). At that point, he'll be a lot more useful (not to mention capable of surviving in a desert). In the meantime, he's meditating and can't actually participate in the party's planning.

Moose Man
2011-06-25, 06:26 PM
When that sun disappears over the horizon (you now recognize it to be Delia), the nymph starts shooting off sparks the size of fireworks. the ones that pass through you guys pass through without harm. The display stops after about thirty seconds, then the nymph begins to shine.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

With concussive force, the sparks that flew off her start exploding in a rainbow of colors and sound, one after another, getting louder and brighter with each burst. Eventually all you can do is clutch your ears (or equivalent) and close your eyes (or equivalent).

Basically in the middle of this (without the heat). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_9bx6U8_0)

Moose Man
2011-06-25, 07:03 PM
Secret Rolls:[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Codenpeg
2011-07-04, 09:35 AM
Jumps away from his charge clutching his eyes and swearing, actually making up a few new ones as his mind reels. He was in a strange place, with people he didn't know, and now this woman shot exploding lights. Nothing was making any damn sense and he had no clue what method to use to figure out what to do.
"I swear whatever that was, I didn't do it. Unfortunately I believe that our location may now be compromised."

Mixster
2011-07-05, 03:57 AM
This is just an unexpected delay it will only be a matter of .... Is what Markandur gets to say because his sound is totally muffled by the fireworks. Then he simply stands there close eyes and concentrating on not letting the sound annoy him.

Daimbert
2011-07-07, 12:09 PM
Katherine

The weirdness was just a bit too much for Katherine to take. She flinched back a bit from the sparks, but otherwise was just unaffected. Faced with the madness around her, her brain had two choices: flip out or shut down. Right now, it had decided to shut down for a bit. Maybe once it restarted, then it would flip out. That was always so hard to predict.