PDA

View Full Version : How the heck are these organized?

MoonCat
2011-05-08, 02:43 PM
By these, I mean the pages that you get if you click on the link in a person's profile saying "Find all posts by _____". They seem to be at random, how are they organized? It would be very helpful to know, thanks!

Kobold-Bard
2011-05-08, 02:46 PM
By these, I mean the pages that you get if you click on the link in a person's profile saying "Find all posts by _____". They seem to be at random, how are they organized? It would be very helpful to know, thanks!

Well I just clicked on yours and they appeared to be in chronological order. Am I wrong?

MoonCat
2011-05-08, 02:47 PM
Well I just clicked on yours and they appeared to be in chronological order. Am I wrong?

Go to the last page, you'll find that the posts there aren't my first ones. (Try it with yours if you don't know my fledgling posts)

Vaynor
2011-05-08, 02:49 PM
The Red Towel: They should all be organized chronologically; you can see the time they were posted at the top left of each post. If you mean threads, not posts, those are organized chronologically by the date/time of the last post in the thread, just like all other threads. If this is not the case, check your settings in your profile.

Edit: I do not believe it stores all of your posts (it shows the last 500, if I remember correctly).

Shpadoinkle
2011-05-08, 02:50 PM
They ARE organized chronologically, most recent first. But the board only keeps track of your last 500 posts. Can't really help you if you if you're looking for posts before that.

MoonCat
2011-05-08, 02:52 PM
The Red Towel: Edit: I do not believe it stores all of your posts (it shows the last 500, if I remember correctly).

They ARE organized chronologically, most recent first. But the board only keeps track of your last 500 posts. Can't really help you if you if you're looking for posts before that.

Oh, that's why! I never knew that, I'm sorry to bother you.

That really clears it up. Thanks.

Vaynor
2011-05-08, 02:58 PM
Oh, that's why! I never knew that, I'm sorry to bother you.

That really clears it up. Thanks.

The Red Towel: Glad we could clear that up for you. Thread locked.