PDA

View Full Version : (3.5e / Pathfinder) Prismatic Soul, Psionic PrC [PEACH] (Table is now fixed.)

Knight9910
2011-05-09, 01:26 AM
Prismatic Soul______

The prismatic soul combines psionic energy powers with his mind blade. As he grows he will not only become more efficient with damaging powers, but also capable of combining energy into his mind blade. As his training becomes complete he gains the ability to release a massive burst of multiple energy types around him.

Entry Requirements
• Skills: Knowledge (Psionics) 5 ranks. (Or 8 ranks in 3.5e.)
• Feats: Weapon Focus (Ray).
• Special: Mind blade.
• Psionics: Able to manifest 2nd level powers, must be able to manifest energy ray as a psionic power or psi-like ability.

The Prismatic Soul
{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
Powers Known:

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Improved Mind Blade|+1 level of existing manifesting class

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Psychic Strike +1d8, Power Specialization|--

3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Energy Ward 5|+1 level of existing manifesting class

4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Prism Blade|--

5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Prismatic Detonation, Energy Ward 10|+1 level of existing manifesting class

[/table]
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d10

Class Skills:
The Prismatic Soul’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Acrobatics (Dex), Autohypnosis (Wis), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (psionics) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Swim (Str)
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Powers Known: At every level indicated on Table: The Prismatic Soul, you gain additional power points per day and access to new powers as if you had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class you belonged to before you added the prestige class. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, and so on). This essentially means that you add your manifesting levels from prismatic soul to the level of whatever manifesting class you have, then determine power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

If a character had more than one manifesting class before he became a prismatic soul, he must decide to which class he adds the new level of prismatic soul for the purpose of determining power points per day, powers known, and manifester level.

Improved Mind Blade (Ex): You add your prismatic soul levels to your levels in the soulknife class to determine your mind blade's enhancement bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls and the mind blade enhancement class feature you have a as a soulknife. In addition, you can add flaming, frost, shock, and thundering to the list of weapon special abilities you can choose from (EPH 29).

Psychic Strike (Su): This ability functions like the soulknife ability of the same name. The extra damage dealt increases by 1d8 points at 2nd level. The bonuses on damage stack with psychic strike bonuses from from your soulknife class levels.

Power Specialization: At second level, you gain Power Specialization as a bonus feat, even if you do not meet the prerequisites.

Energy Ward (Su): Starting at 3rd level, you can expend your psionic focus to gain resistance to energy for 1 round. You immediately gain resistance 5 to fire, cold, electric, or sonic damage, chosen when you use this ability. This resistance increases to 10 at 5th level.

Prism Blade (Su): At 4th level, your mind blade begins to shimmer with the colors of the rainbow. The mindblade deals 1 additional point of fire, cold, electric, and sonic damage (for a total of +4 damage) on every attack, despite any other changes or modifications you might make to your mind blade (for instance, using the mind blade enhancement ability of the soulknife). This damage stacks with any other energy damage your mind blade deals.

Prismatic Detonation (Ps): Upon reaching fifth level you can take a standard action and expend your psionic focus to unleash a powerful blast of energy in a 10' radius burst. Every creature within this radius takes 2d12 points of fire, cold, electric, and sonic damage (for a total of 8d12 damage). A successful reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + the modifer you use for your psionic powers) halves this damage. This ability is only usable once per day.

<hr>

This is a class I made really quick, based on the Illumine Soul PrC, another 5-level class. I've thought of expanding this to 10 levels, but I don't feel like it right now. I'll wait and see if anyone has anything to say about it first.

Knight9910
2011-05-09, 01:48 AM
Crapbuckets. I need to fix my table. Give me a bit.

EDIT: Okay, it turns out I don't know how to do tables on this board's system. Any help here? ^^;;

Ziegander
2011-05-09, 02:09 AM
THIS (http://pifro.com/dnd/NEW/) is your best friend. :smallwink:

Knight9910
2011-05-09, 07:56 AM
Thanks. It occurs to me I also forgot HD and skill points, but that's no problem. I'll add them in.

Veklim
2011-05-09, 08:14 AM
Looks rather promising, have a soulknife/psion telepath who could do amusing things with this if it pans out the way I think it might. Honestly, 5 levels is fine for a thematic PrC like this one, it's pretty much a 5 level build-up to Prismatic Detonation (super-sweet btw) anyhow. Looking forward to a table ;)

THIS (http://pifro.com/dnd/NEW/) is your best friend. :smallwink:

Is there no end to your relevant links?!

Morph Bark
2011-05-09, 08:15 AM
5 levels sounds right for this class. The abilities are nice. Admittably I first thought it was going to be more like a psionic version of applying prismatic ray to stuff though.

Also, this class actually would increase psicrystal abilities as they are based on manifester level, rather than class level.

Veklim
2011-05-09, 08:19 AM
Also, to clear up a minor niggle, does it count as a manifester class itself, or only the 3 levels of power progression? Matters for augmenting powers.
Thanks for the table btw, much as I imagined. Any chance of some skills? (If you feel I'm nagging you, throw old socks at me or something :smalltongue:)

Knight9910
2011-05-09, 08:21 AM
Skills are up. Thanks, everyone.

Hmm...not sure if it counts as a manifester class itself. I'm thinking yes.

EDIT: Also occurs to me, if this is going to be Pathfinder compatible, the skill ranks requirement should be put down to 5.

Morph Bark
2011-05-09, 08:31 AM
Also, to clear up a minor niggle, does it count as a manifester class itself, or only the 3 levels of power progression? Matters for augmenting powers.

Actually, that wouldn't matter. Augmenting powers is based off your manifester level after all. So if you had a 10-level class that only advanced your manifester level by 1, being a Psion 10/That Thing 10 would give you a manifester level of 11, so you could not augment 6th-level powers as you could only spend 11 power points on a power (unless you had Overchannel).

EDIT: In the very strange case this is somehow proven to be incorrect, a class that grants even the slightest progression of psionic powers or psi-like abilities or the mindblade counts as a manifester class (not sure about the mindblade stuff on that, but that is irrelevant in this particular case anyway).

Veklim
2011-05-09, 09:19 AM
Seem to remember ambiguity in some of the powers but not a bother. You're right, I rechecked!
Sweet stuff fella, will be playtested within the month, as soon as my DM gets his finger out!

Knight9910
2011-05-09, 09:35 AM
Awesome. Thanks again. ^_^

Ziegander
2011-05-09, 02:16 PM
Is there no end to your relevant links?!

NEVER! :smallamused: