PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Game IC

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-09, 03:41 AM
The tavern is filled with tales of wrongdoings and rightdoings,drunken hollers filling the air. The environment is cheery, but the cloaked stranger is not, staring icily at all sitting around table, contemplating his next words very carefully. I'm not aware if you have all met one another. If not, this would be the time to do so, what I have in mind requires a certain amount of ... trust in one another, or at the very least a modicum of belief in the competence of your allies. He then stares a the center of the table, unwavering in his glance at the nothingness.

FlamingScales
2011-05-09, 07:46 AM
Kei Ochima

A relatively small hooded girl takes her hood off to reveal her younger-looking face, squinting in the sudden brightness of the tavern. "Well, no harm in that. I'm Kei. I'm handy with a few spells and getting an arrow in the right spot."

FyreByrd
2011-05-09, 09:03 AM
The hulking, flat-faced, broad shouldered man looks about uncertainly, obviously uncomfortable in the close confines of the tavern. "Ogruk is servant of great dragon El'anarkorn." He pauses and guards his words carefully next, "I can assist in many ways." he finally settles on guardedly.

Torgarn
2011-05-09, 09:40 AM
The handsome, but sallow man shifts in his seat. He runs his fingers from his natural hand through his hair nervously. I am known as Talthi, of the skypeople, my mind is my weapon, hefting his artificial arm in the air he adds, though this arm serves as a strong alternative.

Lyndworm
2011-05-09, 01:50 PM
The gruff at the table is small for his kind, and must be relatively inexperienced. He wears little, only a loincloth so loose as to show you that his shaggy white fur does a better job, and three items presumably filled with supplies. The gruff lowers his horned head slightly to speak, and the horizontally slit pupils in his blood red irises make for a startling view. His voice is rich, rough, and deep, evoking thoughts of old wood and expensive leather.

"I am called Kalding Malak; I am a natural magician and friend to the fae. I am also a skilled hunter and gatherer, and it is known to many just how strong my horns are."

jinx1016
2011-05-10, 04:34 AM
A man with unkempt brown hair sits at the table, watching the others closely, scanning for the slightest hint of a threat from anyone. his, eyes never staying still for more then the briefest of moments. after all have spoken, he take a minute, noticeably uncomfortable in his current situation.

My name is Syphex. trust is earned not given, and competence is proven not bragged about. Words may lie about the truth of action, so you will receive neither trust nor respect from me until I deem you worthy. As far as why i am here or what I am capable of....he trails off for a moment, if you can see what I do, then I have failed at it.

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-10, 06:33 AM
The figure shifts slowly, and speaks in a hushed tone. I need you to investigate the area under the city, their have been tales of creatures unnatural in likeness, and fierce in demeanor. The area is dark, but I'm sure you can light the way. You will not see me again, but you will come back here and collect your reward, and soon thereafter you will receive another task.

FlamingScales
2011-05-10, 07:28 AM
Kei Ochima

Placing her hood back over her head so her eyes are almost all in shadows, she takes a quick drink to empty the glass at her side. She wipes her mouth dry and sits back in her chair. I'm ready to go. Is anyone else?

jinx1016
2011-05-10, 08:28 AM
syphex stands from his chair quickly.
I am always ready to leave.

Torgarn
2011-05-10, 09:25 AM
Talthi stands, doing some quick stretches and flexing his wings, Let's get to it then.

Lyndworm
2011-05-10, 10:49 AM
"I am a creature unnatural in likeness and fierce in demeanor, but I will slay your beasts for you." The gruff stands up from the table, face neutral. "Shall we be off, then?"

Torgarn
2011-05-10, 12:17 PM
Turning back to the table Talthi asks Where would be the best place for us to access the underground?

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-11, 02:31 AM
The figure responds, There are numerous sewers leading down under, the nearest being in the alley just outside of this building in fact. Some have entrances inside their homes, those those are a tad more difficult to access.

FyreByrd
2011-05-11, 03:20 AM
Ogruk hawked, and spat on the floor, "How small these sewers?" he asked with a hint of fear in his voice, Ogruk not like small places.""

jinx1016
2011-05-11, 05:44 PM
the sewer would seem quickest, and quick is good.

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-12, 01:30 AM
The sewers should be adequate for your... needs. I believe that the scum of the city live down there, and they are often your size. If you have no more questions I will depart, I have business that needs to be done. So saying he begins to depart from the table.

Lyndworm
2011-05-12, 01:35 AM
"May you have a pleasant journey, stranger." Says the gruff, still standing. "Are we ready to leave yet?" He asks the others gathered around the table.

FyreByrd
2011-05-12, 02:53 AM
"I be ready shortly." The hulking Neanderthal states, "I meet you at sewer entrance."

Ogruk quickly slips out, and finding a quiet spot, he quickly slips some chalk from his pouch and draws a symbol on the ground.

Binding Naberius:
Bind Check:[roll0]

So that would be a poor bind then! Expect Naberius to be influencing me today!

Naberius Granted Abilities:

Diguise Self - As spell Standard action; at will.
Faster Ability Healing - Heal 1 point per damaged ability per round; drained is per day.
Naberius’s Skills - Choose Con bonus # untrained skills; can use trained.(see spoiler below)
Persuasive Words - 1/5 rds; Command in 30’. After 14th lvl, Suggestion.
Silver Tongue - Can take 10 on Diplomacy, Bluff at any time. No penalty on
rushed Diplomacy check.

Skills that are trained for today

Diplomacy
Bluff
Perform(Speech)
Heal

Once he is finished, he quickly rises, and heads back to the sewer entrance to meet the others.

FlamingScales
2011-05-12, 05:04 AM
Kei Ochima

I'm ready. Once Ogruk comes back I'm ready to go. I love adventuring in dark places, it's going to feel amazing again. She smiles, knowing her affinity for the dark is strange for a girl her size and stature, yet throws the comment forward anyways. She stands, and checks her equipment for completeness before the day starts.

Torgarn
2011-05-12, 12:45 PM
I always prefer to have an open sky above my head to be honest. A jobs a job though.

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-12, 07:05 PM
I'm just going to assume you go to the sewers and enter, and if you want to anyone can make spot checks now.

The area ahead of you is dank and dark. A tunnel stretches before you for about 50 ft., with smaller tunnels to the left and right. It is about ten feet tall and ten feet wide. There is a small amount of light coming from just up ahead, as a few small figures crouch over a fire.

Torgarn
2011-05-12, 07:23 PM
Striding forward confidently, Talthi addresses those by the fire Who are you?

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-12, 07:39 PM
One of the figures turns around and looks at Talthi, Ones from above ask who we are. We are the ones that you reject, the filth that you oh so hate. Leave us in peace. Snarls the man, who appears to be an ugly, tall dwarf.

Torgarn
2011-05-12, 08:05 PM
I am a reject as well, if you would believe it. Talthi hefts his golem arm into the air, I was banished from my home for being a freak.

FlamingScales
2011-05-12, 09:00 PM
Kei Ochima

Hesitant to prepare a weapon, Kei simply has her mind focused on her spells, in case any of them need to be used in a moment's notice. Showing her bow was strung as to be held on her back efficiently yet out of reach, she offers a hand forward. "Please, we don't mean to harm you, we are merely trying to find out if any dangers lie in these sewers." She repeats, reassuringly, "We don't want any trouble. Do you know of any monsters that live down here?"

Diplomacy to make known we aren't a threat: [roll0]
Gather Information on monsters: [roll1]

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-12, 10:00 PM
The man looks hesitantly at both of the interlopers. You may not be here to harm us, but you'll draw attention to us, and that's the last thing we need. There are huge beasts living here, rats the size of dogs, or even horses. He looks suspiciously around.It is not a good place, but it is our only place. Please just go.

I think it would be a knowledge (local) check instead of gather info on the monsters FlamingScales. And for Lyndworm you do not hear or see anything out of the ordinary.

jinx1016
2011-05-14, 12:05 AM
syphex walk forward quietly and whispers Danger awaits us around the corner, possibly dire rats.

Lyndworm
2011-05-14, 12:11 AM
"They are but beasts. Should they attack, they are hungry. Should they be hungry, they are weak. Should they be weak, they will die." Kalding seems sure of himself as he strides forward.

FyreByrd
2011-05-14, 05:01 AM
ooc:

Sorry I'm a bit late...and sorry for this action...but I gotta roleplay the Influence of the vestige due to my crappy roll

@DM:

Roleplaying Naberius' influence (Whenever presented with an opportunity to make a speech, I must make a speech for rounds=binder level (i.e. 1)

So this is a full round action as a speech to these low-lifes

"My Friends", Ogruk announces in a sonorous voice, utterly lacking the rough edges of his usual speech, "You may feel that life, and society have rejected you, but it is not the case." he pauses and sweeps his audience with a haughty stare, "You call yourself filth, and that is what you become only when you believe the lies that you tell yourselves." he lays his hands out, as if in supplication, "We are created by the very Gods, created to be unique, wonderful beings, and it is the act of life itself that pulls us down. Comrades be of good cheer for all of us are but filth on the boots, all of us are perfect wonderful unique snowflakes. We are life and life is in us, so stand with us against foul beasts, and monsters dire."

He declares the next part in a loud voice, "WE ARE NOT AFRAID - WE ARE LIFE!"

Just in case these are needed in any way.

Profession(speech):[roll0]
Diplomacy:[roll1]

Torgarn
2011-05-14, 09:37 AM
Gods, I hope you aren't gonna be like this the whole trip. Talthi spits out.

FlamingScales
2011-05-14, 10:30 AM
Kei Ochima

Taking a step to be the farthest away from the potential battle, Kei nocks an arrow onto her longbow, preparing for the first movement. She peers down the line of fire for her arrow, hoping that her long experiences in night-time hunting allow her to peer into the darkness of the sewer.

Spot: [roll0]
I have Darkvision (10 feet) and Low Light Vision (20 feet) if that changes anything.

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-14, 11:54 PM
The figure looks extremely confused by the rant. It doesn't really matter what you say, they don't accept us up there. You there, you look ready for combat, fighting them won't help us, more will just be back soon. Thus is our existence. he appears resigned to hit fate, and sits down dejectedly, staring into the fire.

FlamingScales
2011-05-16, 07:40 PM
Kei Ochima

Deciding to test the waters, she fires a single shot in a straight line in front of her, hoping that the shot will draw out whatever threat lurks in the shadows. She pulls back the bowstring, looks down the arrow, exhales, and releases the arrow, loosing the projectile straight at the mysterious foes ahead.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 01:18 AM
"Allow me to light our way. I understand that not all of us can see so clearly in darkness." Kalding scoops a pebble from the ground in one hand and draws a handful of berries in the other. He speaks softly the words "Likha liwanag." The small rock begins to glow brightly.

Using a Move action to pick up the pebble and a Standard action to cast Light, providing 20ft of bright light and a further 20ft of dim light. I'm aware that not even the dim light reaches the shadows; it will next round, however.

FyreByrd
2011-05-17, 03:58 AM
Ogruk, sensing danger, draws his Ritiik, and crouches, it's savage point held forward, he then steps forward, past the down-and-outs.

Drawing weapon, and moving two squares north (Or moving around the fellow directly north of me)

jinx1016
2011-05-17, 02:41 PM
saying nothing, syphex quietly draws and loads his sling, waiting for the inevitable.

Torgarn
2011-05-17, 05:43 PM
Animals are of no danger to me, th power of my mind is greater than that of their bodies.

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-18, 01:52 AM
You hear a sharp squeak as the arrow appears to strike home. Then, several creatures stock out of the darkness.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Sewer1stRound.jpg
Approximate locations. The dullness is due to the light spell, the shapes are what appear to be dire rats.

FlamingScales
2011-05-20, 06:39 AM
Kei Ochima

Nocking another arrow, she aims and fires at the same rat as before.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-20, 07:53 AM
The rat recoils with pain, now having two arrows sticking out of it. Its side appears to be split open, and blood is quickly draining out of it. Desperate for its life it charges the attacker. The other visible rat moves up and attacks. The family recoils around its fire.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Sewersecondround.jpg

The rat will provoke an attack of opportunity from Torgarn, so that will need to be resolved, and if the rats hit a fortitude save will be required from whoever it hits. Which would be FlamingScales and FyreByrd. So attacks are both misses, but there is still an attack of opportunity.

Attack for dead rat: [roll0]
Damage for dead rat:[roll1]
Attack for other rat:[roll2]
Damage for other rat:[roll3]

Lyndworm
2011-05-21, 03:06 PM
Kalding moves between the two rats, and then continues forward. Pausing for a moment, he chucks the pebble he's holding into the darkness.

Moving two squares North-West and three squares North (this should place Kalding two squares in front of Ogruk and two squares to the left of that).

Attacking the square six in front of Kalding and one to the right with the lighted pebble.

Attack Roll:
[roll0]

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-23, 04:45 AM
You see two more hideous rat creatures hiding amongst the shadows. They howl in agony as the light shines on them.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Sewersecondroundpartdeux.jpg

Story as for now. Their are two rats, the two red squares in the light. Everyone not in the light who doesn't have low-light vision will take a 20% miss chance for the limited light.

FyreByrd
2011-05-23, 06:50 AM
Ogruk grunting a little at the effort, attacks the rat that is just in front of him, slamming his odd spear into it as hard as he can.

Rolls

Attack: [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

I'm NOT attempting a trip on this attack.

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-24, 02:59 AM
The small rat quickly evades the spear. (Torgarn it is your turn now)

Torgarn
2011-05-26, 03:26 PM
Tellis lifts his ectoplasmic arm, pointing it at the nearest rat. He channels the power of his mind at it, causing it severe pain.
Manifesting mind thrust [roll0] damage

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-27, 04:11 AM
Saving throw [roll0]
The rat hisses as its feeble mind ignores the supposed pain.

jinx1016
2011-05-27, 10:02 PM
disgusting vermin...

actions
attack with sling

edit: confirmation roll [roll]1d20+2

damage
1d4+1

damage if crit succeeds
2d4+2

move action reload sling

FlamingScales
2011-05-29, 08:29 PM
Kei Ochima

Whispering some strange language, she twists her hands around her, throwing a gross green sphere of liquid at the rat right in front of her.

Cast Acid Splash (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/acidSplash.htm)
5% Spell Failure - [roll0]
Attack Roll - [roll1]
Damage Roll - [roll2]

Dumbledore lives
2011-05-31, 01:35 AM
The rock crashes into the rat's skull, creating a bone-crunching smack as it rebounds off the rat. It is still struggling on though. The two rats at the end of the passage move slowly towards the party.

The splash of acid sizzles onto the rat, and it thrashes wildly in pain.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Sewersecondpartdeux.jpg

New map, orange is people huddled around the fire, and the red squares are the rats moving in.

An attack roll [roll0] on Lyndworm.
Damage [roll1] and if this succeeds I need a fortitude save.

FyreByrd
2011-05-31, 03:50 AM
Ogruk growls in frustration as his spear thrust misses, and then sidesteps left, before releasing a torrent of flame from his mouth.

Rolls:

Move action: down 1 square, left 2 squares
Standard Action: Breath attack(line), to hit the two rats that were threatening me. (Ref for half DC 14)

Damage 1: [roll0] Fire
Damage 2: [roll1] Fire

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-01, 11:20 PM
Saving Throw one
Saving throw 2 [roll]1d20 +5
Unrelated Role [roll1]

I messed up the second role and am going to use a 10 for that, so both are failures.

The rats zig when they should have zagged. They both take face fulls of fire, and the one closest to the wall recoils, shielding its face.

Lyndworm
2011-06-02, 12:23 AM
Catching a bite on his leg, Kalding pulls his morningstar with both hands. The gruff swings the cruel weapon mercilessly, attempting to smash the rat that bit him.

Move action to draw the morningstar, Standard action to attack with it.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Torgarn
2011-06-02, 02:56 PM
Talthi leaps towards the nearest enemy, lashing out at it with his ectoplasmic arm.

Charging the nearest enemy. [roll0] attack damage [roll1]

jinx1016
2011-06-03, 02:45 PM
syphex throws another sling rock trying to keep the rats back

actions
attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

move action to reload sling

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-04, 08:46 PM
The morning-star crashes off the wall in a magnificent display of sparks. Talthi throws his entire body behind the strike, but there is quite a lot of body, and not much rat. Finally a satisfying crunch is heard when the rock strikes true, driving the rat back onto its back.

Soon though, another replaces it and lashes out at Talthi. As well as the farthest rat thrusting at Kalding.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Onedown.jpg

Ok, so that is one round done, now what happened was I adjudicated which rat got hit by the stone from Jinx, since I didn't actually have a clear picture. That one just died, and now the one on the wall has replaced it. I also added the damage the rats have taken, a brilliant thing which I'm surprised I didn't think of before.

Rolls: Kalding's rat's Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Talthi's rat's attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Lyndworm
2011-06-04, 08:55 PM
Kalding continues his assault on the rat in front of him, dodging a bite and swinging his morningstar. The gruff follows with a swift headbutt, though it goes wide.

Full-Attacking the rat in front of Kalding.

Morningstar Attack:
[roll0]

Morningstar Damage:
[roll1]

Gore Attack:
[roll2]

Gore Damage:
[roll3]

Torgarn
2011-06-05, 09:28 AM
Talthi laughs as he deflects the rats blow. He strikes out at the rat that tried to bite him, smashing at it with his ectoplasmic arm.

[roll0] attack [roll1] damage

FlamingScales
2011-06-05, 12:55 PM
Kei Ochima

Nocking another arrow, she attempts to kill the rat in front of her.

Attack Roll - [roll0]
Damage Roll - [roll1]

FyreByrd
2011-06-06, 06:40 AM
Ogruk, moves back and accross again, before once more releasing his firey breath at a rat.

OK move action: two squares back, and two to the right, which should bring me in line to the rat with the 5 on it.

Standard Action: Breath Weapon: [roll0] (Ref for half DC 14)

If that rat is already dead/dying before my turn is adjudicated, focus the breath weapon on the other rat, if I have uniterrupted LoS on it.

jinx1016
2011-06-06, 10:19 PM
syphex seems determined to keep the disease ridden vermin away from him

actions
attack roll
[roll0]

damage roll
[roll1]

move action to reload sling

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-07, 12:46 AM
The desperate rat lashes out at Kei. Kei responds in kind, sending an arrow in one end and out the other, seemingly killing the rat. Kalding laughs at the rat's failure, and brings his morningstar down on its body, crushing the small thing.

Orguk releases his fiery breath, heavily scorching what little was left of its skin, though Talthi's attempt to finish him off is not successful. The killing blow is again struck by syphex, as his final rock collides with the rat, leaving little but paste on the ground.

Rat attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Reflex save for half [roll2]

FlamingScales
2011-06-12, 07:03 AM
OOC: I'm guessing the Reflex save is mine then?

Reflex Save: [roll0]

jinx1016
2011-06-12, 09:50 PM
let us continue forward. unless you are afraid of more rats. Syphex says to no one in particular.

FlamingScales
2011-06-13, 04:49 AM
Kei Ochima

Sounds good. Onward then?

Torgarn
2011-06-13, 08:26 AM
Talthi shrugs, Indeed, let's get a move on.

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-15, 07:18 AM
If you continue on you see more tunnels leading to the east and west, from the west you see a small light and can hear vague noises.

Thank god exams are over, now I have a couple of days off and can figure out what is going on in reality

Lyndworm
2011-06-15, 11:21 AM
"West, then?" Pausing only as a courtesy, Kalding begins moving West before anyone replies.

FyreByrd
2011-06-16, 03:42 AM
Ogruk grunts in reply, "West is as good as any other direction I guess!"

Torgarn
2011-06-16, 09:25 AM
We have no indication that anywhere else will be more viable, so it's as a good a direction as any.

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-17, 11:44 PM
After traveling for a fair distance you see, for lack of a better word, a village. Ramshackle houses have been formed from debris and rat carcasses, with several dozen of these lining the walls, some stacked up on one another, others kept far away. In what appears to be a central area there is a small fire with some dead thing roasting on a spit. Gathered around it are about 10 people of various races and appearances.

Torgarn
2011-06-18, 05:42 AM
Talthi approaches the group of underdwellers boldly and confidently. Might you be aware of the location of the abberant creatures living down here?

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-20, 06:12 AM
Some of the group turn around looking confused, it may be that they don't understand common. One small reptilian humanoid speaks up Aberrant creatures? It hisses. The only thing that may be considered abhorrent is usss, and you would not like to fight with usss.

FyreByrd
2011-06-20, 06:22 AM
Ogruk stands by warily, not wishing to antagonise these creatures, with his dubious conversational skills, yet ready in case they should attack.

FlamingScales
2011-06-21, 07:22 AM
Kei Ochima

Not wanting a fight without knowing that these were the right targets, she thinks about her hunting experiences. 'Aberration' usually didn't refer to something as humanoid as the lizardfolk, it usually meant a writhing body of random parts that were pieced together. She didn't know for sure though. She thought about if there could be any difference between these lizardfolk and any typical aberration.

[spoiler]
Knowledge - Nature/Dungeoneering: [roll0]

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-22, 04:37 AM
For FlamingScales
Aberrations are anything really unnatural. This could range from masses of tentacles too just a mutated rat. In this specific case it is not really known, but just monsters in general could be considered aberrations.

jinx1016
2011-06-22, 02:12 PM
syphex hangs back in silence, trying to avoid notice at all times.

Lyndworm
2011-06-22, 02:43 PM
"I don't particularly want to fight with anyone, but I've already accepted the contract. My word is my honor, and I shall not break it." says the gruff, morningstar in hand. "If you're sure that there's nothing aberrant back here, then I apologize for the interruption. There are other paths we may take yet, and I have no interest in spilling unnecessary blood."

Diplomacy may be in order, here... I'm trying to convince them that we sincerely mean them no harm at this time. We can always go East and come back, after all.

[roll0]

Torgarn
2011-06-22, 07:55 PM
We were sent to cleanse the sewers of an abnormality. Talthi grins, Unless you can point me to something more abnormal than you, I'll be happy to start cleansing away right here.

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-24, 06:46 AM
If there is a fight you want we can give it to you. Him and four of his comrades draw weapons, ranging from daggers to clubs. But I don't think that would be the best for all of usss. There is a deeper portion of this city, perhapsss you should invessstigate there.

FlamingScales
2011-06-25, 05:37 PM
Kei Ochima

The last thing we need is an unnecessary fight. She frowns at Talthi's remark to start simply sticking weapons into the lizards. "While I do think that normal humans could consider lizardfolk strange, I really have a gut feeling that the word aberration means something more bizzare that monstrous humanoid figures. I agree that we should move on."