PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Sublime chords taking over kingdoms

iElf
2011-05-09, 09:56 AM
our group is playing an Ebberon legacy campaign at the moment ( basically, we get to take over the world with our first characters, and need to deal with what we've done with our next characters) and I'm currently playing my first character , which is at the moment a level 4 human bard.

as I intend to go sublime chord come level 11, I was wondering what kind of skills , feats , and especially spells would be useful to take control of leaders of nations, and the general populace.
the feats I have so far are melodic casting, song of the heart, and extend spell, and I was hoping to take leadership at level 6, and arcane disciple (domination domain) at level 9.

the way I'd like to go about taking over the world would be attracting a following of enchanters to try and derail the political and social situation in the 5 nations, exterminating the church of the silver flame, the blood of vol, and the warforged once and for all, in an attempt to unite the remaining nations (except for thrane of course) and declare some lackey emperor to use as a marionette

any kind of tip would be useful, especially spell wise.

Aricandor
2011-05-09, 10:18 AM
The usual three (Bluff/Diplomacy/Sense Motive) are obvious skills to establish control that the victims won't break or reflect over too much (no or at least fewer "why did I do that?" questions like charm or dominate might make for).

Suggestion is always great if you're subtle, assuming you want to be careful not to draw attention during your machinations. Charm/dominate are obviously less negotiable, but also less covert.

Programmed Amnesia (or Mindrape I think that's what it was renamed from) at 9th level lets you pretty much change people's heads however you damn well please. Modify Memory is a lesser bard spell that lets you tamper with more recent events.

Illusion (Major Image and up being generally the most effective) spells are handy for "really" letting people see events you want them to have seen to make them do what you want. Geas/Quest is convenient for some forced obedience out of people you know can't retaliate, but don't warrant the close monitoring that dominated or charmed people might.

Those are the most versatile tools I can think of for establishing control. They only need some creativity and planning to actually apply without getting yourself exposed and presumably executed for being a spy or inciter. :smallsmile: