PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day adventure?

Thugorp
2011-05-09, 10:32 AM
Hi, people, I could use some help. I am running a game and my players seem to like theme adventures. The thing is I don't know of any theme adventures for Mothers day and I would very much like a real one... could anyone help me with this(yes I know it is past mothers day now but I could still use the adventure)??

Tyndmyr
2011-05-09, 10:38 AM
The plotline from Mars needs Moms?

Chilingsworth
2011-05-09, 11:16 AM
Well, in the Oriental Adverntures 3.0 DnD book there was a varriant ghost. It was a ghost of a young mother and infant. iirc, it would hand you the infant, which became increadibly heavy (requiring several increasing DC strength checks to keep hold of.) If you succeeded, you got a living baby and a boon from the ghost, which then found eternal rest. If you failed, it got pissed off and attacked you. Maybe you could use one of those?

Or you could use a conventional ghost or ghosts: Ghost of mother is looking for her child (or vice versa.) Reunite them to send the ghost(s) to eternal rest, and give peace to the living. Or to allow the ghost to become a life-long protector of the living.

Would something like that work?

Thugorp
2011-05-10, 01:36 AM
I have something sort of like that planned... but I was hoping that there might be some like full published or homebrew adventure out there that could be used for this purpose.

Dr.Epic
2011-05-10, 01:45 AM
The plotline from Mars needs Moms?

I assume he meant good Mothers Day adventures.

Also, how about return some dragon eggs to their mother?

Jay R
2011-05-10, 10:22 AM
The obvious one is Beowulf. A great lord's hall is regularly invaded by Grendel - an unstoppable water troll. The PCs must take Beowulf's place and defeat Grendel.

Then Grendel's mom comes for revenge.

Cyrion
2011-05-10, 10:52 AM
The obvious one is Beowulf. A great lord's hall is regularly invaded by Grendel - an unstoppable water troll. The PCs must take Beowulf's place and defeat Grendel.

Then Grendel's mom comes for revenge.

See, that's just what I was thinking!

Serpentine
2011-05-10, 11:29 AM
What about "Siege of the Spider Eaters" from Dungeon Magazine # 137 - the one with the smokin' hot spider lady on the front? A low-level D&D adventure where you can rescue - or kill - an aranea queen and her children.

Thugorp
2011-05-10, 08:15 PM
That sounds pretty good... is there a place I can get that adventure? also, will the players have to be evil to save the mother and children?

Serpentine
2011-05-10, 11:28 PM
No, you don't have to be Evil. In fact, I think that's the Good option, or at least the Thinking one.
If you have a look at the Paizo site, you can probably buy a PDF copy of that magazine for a few dollars.
edit: Maybe not... Can buy a copy here (http://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Magazine-137-Spider-Siege/dp/B000YVBOH8), though.