PDA

View Full Version : Puppet/Elanian Pantheon

zyborg
2011-05-09, 11:28 AM
Banjo. Giggles. Future Elder Puppet God Banjulhu. These gods need followers. And now they have them. But what are their domains and portfolios?

Banjo's domains are probably Chaos, Good, Protection, and maybe luck or trickery.
Giggles' domains are probably Chaos, Evil, War, and Destruction or Death.

Would Banjulhu be a separate god from Banjo? Like a time-traveling dark god who went back in time to compete with its past self?

LOTRfan
2011-05-09, 11:29 AM
I think Banjulhu should be a separate entity. Thats just my opinion, though.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-05-09, 11:30 AM
Since apparently Gods are made, and made powerful by believers in the OOTS'verse then Banjhulu would be a separate entity simply by virtue of being though of as a different person.

Lemonus
2011-05-09, 09:06 PM
As I said in the thread this came from (due to derailment), someone needs to draw a banner to show our support for the Puppet Gods.

DracoDei
2011-05-09, 10:38 PM
Have you taken into account the difference between Orthodox and Reform Banjo worship? One of them would have the Evil domain...

unosarta
2011-05-09, 10:58 PM
Banjo
The String Bearer, the Puppet Master
Divine Rank 5
Portfolio: Puppets, Songs, Bards
Domains: Song, Travel
Followers: Bards, Elan
Favored Weapon: Warbanjo

Giggles
The Laughing One, Insanity Made Flesh
Divine Rank 3
Portfolio: Insanity, Clowns, Fear
Domains: Trickery, Madness
Followers: Clowns, Crazy People
Favored Weapon: Humor

Mr. Frownyface
The Flowing Tear, The Face of Frowns
Divine Rank 3
Portfolio: Sadness, Depression, Sorrow
Domains: Depression, Sarcasm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-29614.html)
Followers: Goths, Sad Elves
Sacred Days: Tearfest
Favored Weapon: Sarcasm

Mojojojo
Always Angry, The Raegface
Divine Rank 3
Portfolio: Anger, Wrath, War, Hate
Domains: Wrath, War
Followers: People Who Write In All Caps, The Angry Dude
Sacred Days: SMASH DAY
Favored Weapon: RAAAWR

Banjulhu
The Forgotten Puppet, He Who Plays the Banjo of Death
Divine Rank 14
Portfolio: Death, Madness, Conspiracy, Irrational Fear
Domains: Madness, Fear (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fear_(3.5e_Cleric_Domain)), Death
Followers: Lovecraft Nerds, Conspiracy Theorists
Sacred Days: The Rise of Lr'yah... Day
Favored Weapon: Tentacles

I might have made up some deities to round off the pantheon. I am probably going to write up a Pantheon Domain now...

Puppet Pantheon Domain:
Puppet Pantheon
The Puppet Pantheon is most commonly associated with strong emotions, music, and absurdity, with some darker undertones.

Special: The Cleric gains a +2 bonus to all Perform checks made with the Banjo, Kazoo, Accordion, Bongos, or while yodeling.

Special: Once per day, as a standard action, the Cleric may, as an immediate action, roll a d6 when an opponent would make a standard or move action. The opponent must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Cleric levels + Charisma modifier) or instead do the result of the roll on the following table.{table=head]Result|Effect

1|Fall prone

2|Teleport 30 feet in any direction (chosen at random)

3|Turn into a chicken for 3 rounds*

4|Attack the opponent’s nearest ally

5|Become panicked for 3 rounds

6|Babble incoherently about chickens[/table]
*while in chicken form, the opponent can do nothing but move and squawk.

Domain Spells
{table=head]Spell Level|Spell Name

1|Bless, Summon Instrument

2|Rage, Hideous Laughter

3|Good Hope, Sculpt Sound

4|Crushing Despair, Shout

5|Nightmare, Mislead

6|Phantasmal Killer, Song of Discord

7|Mind Blank, Sympathetic Vibration

8|Symbol of Insanity, Greater Shout

9|Antipathy, Irresistible Dance
[/table]

DracoDei
2011-05-10, 01:48 AM
Two spells at each level and 3 granted abilities make that domain VERY powerful. Some people apparently think that balance matters much much less with humorous material. I am not one of them, but take it for what it is worth.

I think the 3rd domain ability should allow SR and a Will save.

The BarnGod and related base classes and PrC's should have stats for a chicken somewhere...

Galileo
2011-05-10, 07:21 AM
Wouldn't the Puppet Pantheon Domain be like a Planar Domain, in that it counts as both your domains?

Personally, I reckon any Puppetry domain is incomplete without some modified basic spells. Like Mirror Image, where all images are attached to each other with strings. Or Magic Mouth with the limitation that it can only be cast on your hand.

Lemonus
2011-05-10, 07:27 AM
Personally, I reckon any Puppetry domain is incomplete without some modified basic spells. Like Mirror Image, where all images are attached to each other with strings. Or Magic Mouth with the limitation that it can only be cast on your hand.

This. So much this.

LOTRfan
2011-05-10, 07:31 AM
Two spells at each level and 3 granted abilities make that domain VERY powerful. Some people apparently think that balance matters much much less with humorous material. I am not one of them, but take it for what it is worth.

I think the 3rd domain ability should allow SR and a Will save.

I guess you haven't read Unosarta's rules for polytheistic worship? :smalltongue:

Pantheon Domains count take up two domain "slots" for Clerics, hence the extra spells and abilities. So, a Cleric of the Elanian Pantheon would have only this domain if he selected it, and no others.

unosarta
2011-05-10, 08:16 AM
I guess you haven't read Unosarta's rules for polytheistic worship? :smalltongue:

Pantheon Domains count take up two domain "slots" for Clerics, hence the extra spells and abilities. So, a Cleric of the Elanian Pantheon would have only this domain if he selected it, and no others.

This. Also, it is only supposed to have two abilities, that one was my fault. I will go remove one of them.

zyborg
2011-05-10, 09:54 AM
This is turning out very well! However, the second ability of the Puppet Pantheon Domain needs some kind of saving throw. I mean... if you use it on the BBEG, you have a chance of making him fall prone, panicking him, or TURNING HIM INTO A CHICKEN! I find that hilarious, but it seems a little OP if your opponent can't do anything about it.

DracoDei
2011-05-10, 11:43 AM

I sit corrected. Objection withdrawn.

unosarta
2011-05-10, 01:09 PM
This is turning out very well! However, the second ability of the Puppet Pantheon Domain needs some kind of saving throw. I mean... if you use it on the BBEG, you have a chance of making him fall prone, panicking him, or TURNING HIM INTO A CHICKEN! I find that hilarious, but it seems a little OP if your opponent can't do anything about it.

Good point. I will add a will save.

zyborg
2011-05-24, 09:03 PM
Nobody is posting here about the greatness of Banjo? Blasphemy!

But seriously... anyone made banners for sigs yet?