PDA

View Full Version : In need of help with my PS3

danzibr
2011-05-09, 03:41 PM
First I should mention I just read through the rules for posting and I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking any rules. If so, I'm sorry.

The playgrounders are way more helpful than people on other boards (it seems to me). I've tried googling my problem and going to other boards but to no avail.

Long story short, my PS3 is becoming unreliable at reading discs. It still reads PS2 games and DVDs just fine. It *will* read all of my PS3 games, but sometimes it takes a few attempts and up to a minute for the game to register. I will also read my Blu-rays after a while, but I found it won't read Pride & Prejudice whatsoever. It may be because that's the newest Blu-ray we got, but I'm not sure. I cleaned the lens fairly recently and that seemed to make it better but now it's bad again. It doesn't seem like a lens would get dirty that quickly, though.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows what might be wrong. And if so, what I can do to fix it/what new part I should buy. Thanks in advance.

littlebottom
2011-05-09, 05:23 PM
i had a simmilar problem with my PS3 at one point, i needed the blu-ray laser replaced.

what happened was it started to slow right down when loading things and occasionally failing to read it at all. then one time when it was loading, it just failed to load whatsoever, anything at all. i was in mid game, so the game froze at the loading screen.

sent it off, and they replaced it for me since it was still under warentee (i got a 3 year warentee and this happened last year so it was just about still in date:smallredface:)

EDIT: this in no way means what is happening to yours is the same though...

danzibr
2011-05-09, 05:29 PM
[...] what happened was it started to slow right down when loading things and occasionally failing to read it at all. then one time when it was loading, it just failed to load whatsoever, anything at all. i was in mid game, so the game froze at the loading screen.[...]

EDIT: this in no way means what is happening to yours is the same though...

Ahh, thanks. My guess is that my PS3 is going down the path. It's slowly getting worse. :smallfrown: