PDA

View Full Version : +Int Race

TheOneWhoWalks
2011-05-09, 04:36 PM
So I recently found an awesome Truenamer Fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176665) that I want to play in an upcoming game, but because of how dependent they are on the Truespeach skill, I want to max it out as best I can. I think I have all my ducks in a row, so to speak, but I can't find a race that works with an Int bonus. Can anyone help? the race has got to be non-monstrous (i.e., I need to be able to pass in a human/gnome-dominated city without making too many waves), have an ECL of +0 (I could maybe get away with +1...), and not be any variety of elf (which are extincted in my DM's world). Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hirax
2011-05-09, 04:38 PM
Tinker Gnome: +2 Dex +2 Int -2 Str -2 Wis
Dragonlance campaign setting.
For reference:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19546874/Master_Player_Race_List_Version_2.0

Goober4473
2011-05-09, 04:38 PM
Gray elf? I believe they're just like normal elves, but +2 Int, -2 Str in addition to the regular abiltiy score adjustments.

faceroll
2011-05-09, 04:40 PM
Don't forget about starting at old age for an additional +2 int if you have high enough point buy.

Squiggles
2011-05-09, 04:40 PM
You could go with Deep Imaskari from the Underdark book

FMArthur
2011-05-09, 04:44 PM
There are also Fire Elves (UA) and... was it Sun Elves? It's FR.

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-09, 04:47 PM
Venerable age if you aren't going to be attacking anything. At all. The bonuses help if you plan on being a MAD dual-caster.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-05-09, 04:54 PM
Half-Giant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#halfGiants) plus Primordial Giant from Secrets of Xen'drik. There's a Half-Giant racial class detailed in Complete Psionic on page 148, which allows you to start at +0 LA without all the racial abilities, and then gain them later by spending a level on the +1 LA, but it doesn't say anywhere that you have to spend a level to gain the other bonuses and traits. That means you won't have the powerful build, naturally psionic, psi-like ability, or +2 Str it would otherwise grant, but you would have everything else that a Primordial Half-Giant gets. Your total ability score adjustments would be Str -4, Dex -2, Int +4, Cha +4, plus the few additional Primordial Giant traits, and your character would appear mostly human apart from the glowing arcane runes tattooed across his skin...

Divide by Zero
2011-05-09, 04:56 PM
Venerable age if you aren't going to be attacking anything. At all. The bonuses help if you plan on being a MAD dual-caster.

And don't plan on being attacked either, for that matter. Unless you're a dragonwrought kobold, of course.

grarrrg
2011-05-09, 05:10 PM
Two of you guys fail, OP said no Elves.
That and the "must blend into human/gnome society" really puts you in a sticky wicket.

First step, look at my sig, now back to yours, now look back to mine. Mine has links in it. Two of those links are to master lists of playable races. Now they are diamonds. I am on a horse.

For +Int, LA +0, non-elf, there is
Tinker Gnome: already mentioned (DCS)
Lesser Air (or Fire) Gensai: probably not 'human' enough (PGF)
Lesser Tiefling: also probably not 'human' enough (PGF)

For LA +1
Empty Vessel: the most 'human' choice (ECS) (maybe???)
Air Gensai: better stats, worse 'human (RoF)

Templates and/or Aged may be the way to go.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-05-09, 05:24 PM
I would have a link in my sig bu

Moose Man
2011-05-09, 05:30 PM
Empty Vessel: the most 'human' choice (ECS)Nope, Empty vessel have no stat adjustments.

LOTRfan
2011-05-09, 05:33 PM
Modron, from Dragon #354. Living Construct Immunities, bonus to intelligence, no LA.

Dusto
2011-05-09, 05:36 PM
Nope, Empty vessel have no stat adjustments.

•Empty Vessel – medium humanoid (human?) (ECS) Str -2, Dex +2, Int +2, Wis +4, Cha +4, Naturally Psionic, Extra Skills, Bonus Feat, Psion

Looks like every stat but Con has an adjustment for them...

Moose Man
2011-05-09, 06:06 PM
Actually, they were using the elite stat array. That's why the physical ability scores are whack. The mental ability scores were the quori's mental stats. That brings it down to 0 stat adjustment.

TheOneWhoWalks
2011-05-09, 06:08 PM
First step, look at my sig, now back to yours, now look back to mine. Mine has links in it. Two of those links are to master lists of playable races. Now they are diamonds. I am on a horse.

grarrrg, that made my day :-D

Also, thank you everyone for your thoughts, and especially grarrrg for that list in your sig, I'm gonna go hunt through it now and see what I can turn up. I might use the lesser Air Gensai, I'd forgotten about that version of the Gensai and I can probably figure out something to make him "air-ish" without blue skin or anything too crazy...

Anyway, again, thank you all for your input! Most appreciated :-D

theForce017
2011-05-09, 06:14 PM
This is a good site my group found for +0 LA Races.

Click Me: +0 LA Races (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19546874/Master_Player_Race_List_Version_2.0)