PDA

View Full Version : [d20r, Monster] Trempulcahue

Fax Celestis
2011-05-09, 08:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/FaxCelestis/128474839370-1.jpg

Trempulcahue (CR --)
Usually TN Colossal (See Text) Magical Beast (Giant)
Class None
Pre-combat
Init +151; Senses Awareness +170
Languages Auran, Celestial, Common
Aura Majesty (DC 517)
Defense
AC 528; touch 6; flat-footed 528

(+501 Hero, +21 Natural, -4 Size)
HP 50500 (1000d10+45000 HD); DR 30/-
GD 94
Immune Ability Damage, Cold, Fire, HV Damage, Starvation, Suffocation; Resist Electricity 2; Weak None
Fort +547 Ref +502 Will +343
SR 151; HV 501
SQ Fast Healing 45, Legendary, Massive, Mighty
Offense
Speed 0 ft. (0 squares); Fly 250 ft. (Clumsy), Swim 200 ft.
Melee Slam +1080 (60d6+84)
Ranged None
Space 16700 ft.; Reach 16700 ft.
BAB +1000; Grp +235
Attack Options Crush (60d6+126, DC 555 Reflex neg)
Special Actions Engulf (DC 594 Reflex neg)
Combat Gear None
Post-Combat
Death Crush (see text)
Linger None
Treasure As inhabitants, if any
Other
Abilities Str 178 Dex 10 Con 100 Int 20 Wis 30 Cha 24
Composite +151
Apprentice Skills Athletics, Initiative, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Use Device
Journeyman Skills Awareness, Intimidate, Grapple, Survival
Mastered Skills None
Feats
Heroic Strike: 84 times per day, when a trempulcahue makes an attack or uses a direct hit point damaging spell or spell-like ability, it may declare it to be a 'heroic strike'. It adds its highest ability modifier (+84) to its attack roll, or as a bonus to caster level checks to overcome a targets spell resistance. If it hits, it deals extra damage equal to its hero value (+501). If it miss, the ability is still used up for the day. Damaging spells that deal reduced or partial damage on a successful save by the affected targets only deal half hero value in extra damage, rounded down, if they make a successful save.
Intrepid Dodge: 84 times per day, as an immediate action when it is attacked, a trempulcahue may add its hero value to its Armor Class as a destiny bonus. This bonus lasts until the start of its next turn.

A destiny bonus to armor class applies and stacks with other bonuses as if it were a deflection bonus, but still stacks with a deflection bonus to AC. If a trempulcahue do so, it is not automatically struck on a natural 20. A trempulcahue may use this ability when flat-footed.
Legendary Lore: A trempulcahue has the savant's Lore ability, except that it uses its hero value to determine its bonus.
Legendary Presence: 413 times per day, as a standard action, enemies within 30' of the trempulcahue must make a Will save (DC 518) or be shaken for one minute. A trempulcahue has taken this feat 206 times.
Mythic Recovery: 413 times per day, as an immediate action, a trempulcahue may end a number of the following effects on itself equal to its hero value: blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, entangled, exhausted, fatigued, immobilized, paralyzed, or sickened. If it cannot use this ability due to an effect it would end with this ability, it may instead activate this ability as a full-round action even if it normally would not be able to do so. A trempulcahue has taken this feat 206 times.
Abilities
Aura of Majesty (Su): A trempulcahue emanates an aura of majesty: creatures gazing upon a trempulcahue must make a DC 517 Will save or be struck in awe at the creature's fantastic size and majesty. Creatures affected by a trempulcahue's aura of majesty are unable to harm the trempulcahue purposefully.
Crush (Ex): This special attack allows a trempulcahue to land on opponents as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the trempulcahue (though it can attempt normal overrun or grapple attacks against larger opponents).

A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the trempulcahue's body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 the trempulcahue's Hit Dice + its Constitution modifier) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the trempulcahue moves off them. If the trempulcahue chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don't escape.

A crush attack deals slam damage plus 1 and 1/2 times the trempulcahue's Strength bonus (round down).

When a trempulcahue dies, it falls, crushing the area below it as this ability when it lands.
Engulf (Ex): A trempulcahue can can simply mow down smaller creatures as a standard action. It cannot make a slam attack during a round in which it engulfs. The trempulcahue merely has to move over the opponents, affecting as many as it can cover. Opponents can make opportunity attacks against the trempulcahue, but if they do so they are not entitled to a saving throw. Those who do not attempt attacks of opportunity must succeed on a DC 594 Reflex save or be engulfed; on a success, they are pushed back or aside (opponent's choice) as the trempulcahue moves forward. Engulfed creatures are swallowed whole. The save DC is Strength-based.
Fast Healing (Ex): A trempulcahue has fast healing equal to its Constitution modifier.
Legendary (Ex): A trempulcahue is immune to Hero Value damage.
Massive (Ex): A trempulcahue is a truly massive creature, and a city may be built on its back. When advantageous to do so, a trempulcahue is sixteen effective size categories larger than Colossal. It takes up a 16700' space--effectively, it is large enough that, barring flight and teleportation, any combat involving it will take place on it. Combats involving a trempulcahue should treat the trempulcahue as damageable scenery rather than a tactical combatant. A trempulcahue takes a -80 penalty to Stealth checks due to its massive size.
Mighty (Ex): A trempulcahue does not fail a saving throw on a 1.
Spell Resistance (Su): A trempulcahue has spell resistance equal to its composite ability modifier.
Swallow Whole (Ex): A swallowed opponent takes damage equal to a trempulcahue's slam attack in bludgeoning damage per round from the trempulcahue's gizzard. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by using a light slashing or piercing weapon to deal 15150 points of damage to the gizzard (AC 6). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. A trempulcahue's interior can hold a gigantic number of creatures: a trempulcahue has a maximum capacity of 32,768 Colossal, 65,536 Gargantuan, 131,702 Huge, 262,144 Large, 524,288 Medium, 1,048,576 Small, 2,097,152 Tiny, 4,194,304 Diminutive, or 8,388,608 Fine creatures.

Ecology
A trempulcahue is approximately the size of Manhattan and weighs approximately 36 teratons.

Trempulcahue originate from the Elemental Plane of Air, but some have migrated to the Prime Material over time. They are truly gigantic creatures, and many civilizations of smaller creatures have made pacts with individual trempulcahue to build upon their mighty backs, creating mobile, flying cities aboard a living, thinking vessel.

Trempulcahue feed upon solar energies, and as such chase the daylight with their movements. Despite their massive size, six to eight hours of sunlight each day is generally enough to feed a trempulcahue for a day. A trempulcahue with a city built upon it may require up to twelve hours of sunlight before it begins to feel lethargic.

Trempulcahue do not have a maximum age and do not die of old age.

Trempulcahue have been slain in the past by enterprising warlords making concerted tactical strikes. Each instance can be marked in history both by the event itself and the following crater.

Esser-Z
2011-05-09, 08:58 PM
As I've said in the IRC, I love it and am stealing it for someday. GIANT FLYING CITY WHALE CENSORED YEAH.

Coidzor
2011-05-10, 12:58 AM
...Well, this creature is going to find a place in some form or another in the world I've been tinkering around with...:smallbiggrin:

Vonwalt
2011-05-10, 01:15 AM
That... is a super cool monster. With super cool art. From this really good comic collection.

DracoDei
2011-05-10, 06:11 PM
I assume you do grapple bonuses differently, or its grapple bonus couldn't be less than its BAB?

Coidzor
2011-05-10, 06:41 PM
It doesn't appear to possess much in the way of limbs in the first place with which to grapple, though it also is one of those things where it's like "good luck moving it around, Mr. Wrassler Dragon"

Fax Celestis
2011-05-10, 07:06 PM
Grapple is a skill, so it uses a d20+composite+str value rather than d20+bab+str.

DracoDei
2011-05-10, 07:08 PM
Exactly... also, I WAS going to mention Swallow Whole, but it seems that doesn't involve grapple checks in this case.

Fax Celestis
2011-05-10, 07:38 PM
It has Engulf, which works better with a creature this size.

Thugorp
2011-05-10, 07:43 PM
I ... ummm... you know this creature already exists... It is called a Soar Wail and is already published as an official 3.x creature in the Arms and Equipment guide.

LOTRfan
2011-05-10, 07:50 PM
I ... ummm... you know this creature already exists... It is called a Soar Wail and is already published as an official 3.x creature in the Arms and Equipment guide.

Yes, but this is for the d20r system.

Thugorp
2011-05-10, 07:52 PM
d20r??????

LOTRfan
2011-05-10, 07:53 PM
d20r??????

Its like a homebrew 3.75.

EDIT: D20 Rebirth (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewforum.php?f=2)

Fax Celestis
2011-05-10, 07:55 PM

Soarwhales are also significantly smaller.

Thugorp
2011-05-10, 08:12 PM
Yes I see that now... I don't think you minuses enough AC for size, If I am not mistaken -4 would be for either gargantuan or colossal. It should be quit a bit more(more -) for something that is 16 times bigger than colossal. Also, if they are to be treated as damageable set-pieces, then how do they use there slam attacks?

Fax Celestis
2011-05-10, 08:15 PM
Yes I see that now... I don't think you minuses enough AC for size, If I am not mistaken -4 would be for either gargantuan or colossal.Reread the Massive ability. It says "where advantageous".

Also, if they are to be treated as damageable set-pieces, then how do they use there slam attacks?

By striking you with a flipper or tail or something. Plus, it sets the damage for Crush.