PDA

View Full Version : Quick question.

Felix Fiveblade
2011-05-10, 11:21 AM
I love D'n'D, and I hate the non-RTS style tabletop version of Warhammer, but I like the premise. So I was wondering if there's any settings in D'n'D where time has progressed to the point of having either Modern day tech, or maybe even semi-futuristic tech, maybe even space faring?

My reason for asking, is that I want to play a gnome in accounting. Or a Wizard who owns a gaming store, or a sorcerer Librarian, and maybe even a Half-orc sports Star, who decides it'd be a cool idea to go adventuring for once.

If this is possible, I would never stop playing it.

hangedman1984
2011-05-10, 11:48 AM
there is always d20 modern

Serpentine
2011-05-10, 11:53 AM
Accountant and banker gnomes are actually a key part of my medievalish-themed campaign world...

As well as d20 Modern, there's also that one with the space-elves.

Lord Vampyre
2011-05-10, 01:24 PM
I love D'n'D, and I hate the non-RTS style tabletop version of Warhammer, but I like the premise. So I was wondering if there's any settings in D'n'D where time has progressed to the point of having either Modern day tech, or maybe even semi-futuristic tech, maybe even space faring?

My reason for asking, is that I want to play a gnome in accounting. Or a Wizard who owns a gaming store, or a sorcerer Librarian, and maybe even a Half-orc sports Star, who decides it'd be a cool idea to go adventuring for once.

If this is possible, I would never stop playing it.

All of this is possible and more. It really just depends on your DM's campaign setting. Even fantasy based campaigns can have sports, libraries, and accountants. As for the gaming store, yeah you'd probably want a slightly more modern setting, just get your DM to add Star Wars or D20 Modern to his current D&D setting.

Now, I am confused as to the "non-RTS style tabletop version of Warhammer". Are you referring to Warhammer FRPG and if so which edition? Personally, I like the 1st and 2nd editions, and can't stand the 3rd edition, but each to his own.

Felix Fiveblade
2011-05-12, 10:30 AM
All of this is possible and more. It really just depends on your DM's campaign setting. Even fantasy based campaigns can have sports, libraries, and accountants. As for the gaming store, yeah you'd probably want a slightly more modern setting, just get your DM to add Star Wars or D20 Modern to his current D&D setting.

Now, I am confused as to the "non-RTS style tabletop version of Warhammer". Are you referring to Warhammer FRPG and if so which edition? Personally, I like the 1st and 2nd editions, and can't stand the 3rd edition, but each to his own.

It's like a character sheet based d20-ish system but for warhammer 40k, and I hate the system that it uses with a passion.

And can anyone provide a link to this d20 modern's site, if there is one?

Otacon17
2011-05-12, 01:05 PM
Are you referring to Fantasy Flights Warhammer 40k Roleplaying games (Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and Deathwatch)? The ones that use a d10 system, and you roll percentages for everything?

Also, here's (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd) the d20 Modern SRD.

Felix Fiveblade
2011-05-13, 01:01 AM
Are you referring to Fantasy Flights Warhammer 40k Roleplaying games (Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and Deathwatch)? The ones that use a d10 system, and you roll percentages for everything?

Also, here's (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd) the d20 Modern SRD.

I think it's that, the percentages thing sound about right.

Though, I'm the guy who won't try 4th addition because it put back Thaco, stupid reason I know.

The Rose Dragon
2011-05-13, 04:31 AM
There is always All Flesh Must Be Eaten. Dungeons and Zombies has qualities written for several non-human fantasy races and occupations, and it shouldn't be problematic to import them to a modern game.

Of if you want something closer to D&D, there is True20.