View Full Version : ELH monsters?

Angry Bob
2011-05-10, 12:03 PM
I'm sending my players to the land that time forgot, and almost all of the wildlife there is taken from the ELH. Problem is, I don't know what to expect from them in combat.

In setting, this place is dangerous enough to deter even high-level mages from venturing there, not least because there's a permanent, unbreakable dimensional lock there(Well, not technically unbreakable, but calculations regarding what it would take to break it usually end up yielding things like this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham%27s_number)).

The main threats(random encounters) there before they reach the quest location are Brachyurus(usually 2 or three at a time), Tayellah(1 at a time), and Sirrush(1 at a time)

The party is at ECL 18(Pixe Sorcerer/IotSV, Goliath Warblade Tank/General DPS, Githzerai Knife-thrower DPS but only vs thing vulnerable to precision damage) when they land on the island. Should I expect the various critters to act their size, or are they very under-CR'd?

There's also devastation vermin, but I expect the players to run when they see them.

Is there a major difference between the critters in the original ELH and the SRD?

LOTRfan
2011-05-10, 02:09 PM
there are minor differences, but only because ELH is 3.0 while SRD is 3.5 and errata'd.