PDA

View Full Version : Evil Favored Soul ideas please

Alphasez
2011-05-10, 03:48 PM
Ok so Im playing in a pathfinder campaign in a continuing saga that started back in 1999. Ill give you some insight to my character first, then if anyone has anymore ideas, I'd greatly appreciate them.

So back in 1999 we started a 2nd Edition campaign that switched to 3rd edition midway through. I was playing an evil cleric of Hades with a half-blackdragon love interest. Through the adventure, as stereotypical as it sounds, the group I was in was known as the Heroes of Crucibal (Crucibal is the name of the world we were on) due to all of the mighty and heroic deeds we accomplished, yada-yada.. And even more expectedly we ascended to god-hood. My character wound up killing Hades, and rules over the domains of death, destruction, and decay.

Fast forward 2 campaigns, 2 new editions, 2300 years in the future (no technological advances), 12 years IRL, and here we are back for our last go-round. All of this worlds gods are locked out due to the Dark Firmament, a perpetual gray cloud that covers the world set in place by Orcus, deamon god of the undead, using his "Wand of Orcus" artifact.

My new character is a half-elf favored soul (there are no clerics due to the fact that the gods are powerless for the time being). He is actually the son to my old evil cleric character, and his half-blackdragon lady friend. I know it's been 2300 years, but there is a story, which is irrelevant at this time. He is ebon skinned since he is 25% black dragon, which has no game effect. So my idea for him thus far is this: since favored soul operates on the same basis as sorc, and he is the proginey of the god of death, AND he does have a quarter blackdragon, ive worked out a deal with my DM to let me sub favored soul for the arcane qualification of pathfinder's version of Dragon Disciple. To add some flavor, when I go into dragon form, I take the form of a skeletal dragon, or dracolich.

Now, my DM has a huge issue with powergaming and min-maxing, so we're limited to the core books, and we have to unlock through gameplay certain things he's deemed appropriate in supplement books. So im looking for new ideas and ways I can use to create and/or manipulate undead in fun ways, or sub plots my character can start in secret. I'm the only evil character in the party, so I can't do anything too offensive ;)

Let's hear it.

Nigel the Hobo
2011-05-10, 05:36 PM
To me the question seemed a little open ended. Are you looking for plot ideas or for mechanics?

For a potential sub plot you can look into freeing your father or something from Orcus, and preparing for his return. You could try to start a cult of undeath, possibly to gain power/prestige from your followers. Depending on the party's objectives, you can probably get away with trying to gain power for you and your associates.

paddyfool
2011-05-10, 05:42 PM
Or you could go Ur Priest, and try to siphon power directly away from Orcus, in order that the other gods may return...

Alphasez
2011-05-10, 05:55 PM
I should add, the overhanging plot of the entire campaign is to somehow get close enough to Orcus and either defeat him and his demon god friend Juiblex, the Faceless Lord, >or< find some other way to remove the dark firmament so the gods can have their way with them themselves. The continent we're on is basically divided by a great wall that separates what Orcus now controls, and what the free world is still control of.

So I'm not really looking for a way to accomplish this, we'll figure that out through gameplay. I'm mainly looking for flavor ideas, be it mechanics I can use to be a devestating divine based necro type in combat, or sub-plot ideas that i can do in the background of the campaign that would be fitting of a Lawful Evil character (ie: concoct some plague, and ruin a small town, raise a legion of undead..... blah blah blah)