PDA

View Full Version : Posative energy vs Negative energy

Sirbogard
2011-05-10, 04:41 PM
Playing a 25th level campain atm and we are against undead. I have a skullclan hunter and a saint template paladin warforged. ! problem i faced is theres some negative energy spells or auras that dampin or negate my posative energy effects, I can find nothing to negate or put on even terms against the dm. He is doing something so that anything with posative descripter doesnt work!or need a caster level check for it, im usually good at the rules but im stumped lol Take any hint to Make others and my stuff work!

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-05-12, 12:47 PM
Avoid Planar Effects (PlH92)

What is this? I don't even

Zaranthan
2011-05-12, 12:54 PM
Epic campaigns are composed entirely of homebrewed over-the-top material. Turn to your in-character information gathering skills, rather than out-of-character research. Consult your high priests, your ancient sages, and that dragon who owes you a favor. You're not going to be able to metagame your way out of this one.

Odds are, one of those old men living on top of a mountain somewhere will be able to tell you what you're dealing with and how to handle it. If you pick the most powerful brains in your game universe and come up with nothing, then you're dealing with something entirely new. Charge in head-first and try to come up with something creative, because your DM isn't going to just spoon-feed you the answer.

Starbuck_II
2011-05-12, 02:35 PM
Playing a 25th level campain atm and we are against undead. I have a skullclan hunter and a saint template paladin warforged. ! problem i faced is theres some negative energy spells or auras that dampin or negate my posative energy effects, I can find nothing to negate or put on even terms against the dm. He is doing something so that anything with posative descripter doesnt work!or need a caster level check for it, im usually good at the rules but im stumped lol Take any hint to Make others and my stuff work!

Negative energy protection spell should work against those effects since these auras are homebrew anyway.
But otherwise ask if it or Deathward (which also protects vs negative energy) will help.

Silva Stormrage
2011-05-12, 03:04 PM

I believe he is using some alteration of Necrotic Curse. There is a ring that makes you immune to negative levels and negative energy damage. I believe its in the Magic Item Compendium.