PDA

View Full Version : Reunion of the Knight

Belthasar
2011-05-10, 05:28 PM
Once Davos and Madam Eva are alone in the tent (and the other players are planning the route to follow), they start their conversation.

"Now as I said before," says Madam Eva to Davos, "I will listen to what you have to say."

King Tius
2011-05-10, 09:06 PM
The knight takes his helm off and holds it at his side. He instinctively goes to put his other hand on the hilt of his sword but thinks better of it and instead lets it drop to his side.

"The weapons you sell are being used to terrorize my town and the merchants who pass through. I do not hold you responsible for the damage they have caused, but I must insist that you stop arming those who would do others harm. Perhaps we can come to some sort of agreement?"

Belthasar
2011-05-10, 09:47 PM
"I see," Madam Eva says. "So that's what you're inquiring about. See, we are the only people of Barovia who have contact with the outside world, and thus, the only ones who have a chance of making any profit to be non-dependant on the lord of the castle. We need to get the gold somehow, son."

She sighs before continuing. "Your people is worried about the consequences my people's work has brought to them, but if you speak of an arrangement, I'm willing to hear a different proposal, if you have one to offer...?"

King Tius
2011-05-11, 09:34 AM
"Are weapons the only profitable market here in Barovia? Are there not other goods you could import that would cause less trouble? If we can't come to an agreement, I will have to take my companions and try and slay every last cutpurse in these lands, and that will prove less profitable for you as well."

Belthasar
2011-05-11, 08:42 PM
"Oh?" Madam Eva says with a slight smile as she slowly stands up, showing her full large size. "Are you trying to intimidate me?"

But then she sits down and makes a dismissing gesture with her hand and her voice softens. "Worry not, for I do not wish to fight you. I do not think you're a menace, but your worries concern me instead, son. Our merchantile activity is based on import and export of many goods, not only weapons. Would you stop purchasing apples if a halfling boy makes the mistake of eating the whole fruit in one single bite, killing him by suffocation?"

She then takes out a bottle of a strange, thick liquid and pours it into a cup, offering it to Davos with her glance.

"I think, son, you should focus on the root of the problem," she says. "What I mean is that the criminal activities within the boundaries of your town are the source, and it's an issue that must be dealt with, as soon as possible. If we stop selling weapons, the bandits would still get weapons from someone else. Am I right?"

King Tius
2011-05-11, 09:04 PM
Davos accepts the offered drink and takes a sip. He nods in agreement with the Madam's words. "Hmmm, you are as wise as they say, Madam Eva. Perhaps you could point me towards those who are buying your weapons?

Belthasar
2011-05-11, 09:14 PM
The thick drink is both sweet and bitter, but with the texture of a syrup.

"Unfortunately, we don't have a record of our customers," Madam Eva says, pouring a bit of the liquid in another cup, "unless you're from the city of Barkanaug, then I think I could mark the people you seek within a map of the area..."

She takes out a dusty large scroll, unfolds it over the table, and then she closes her eyes. With a quartz charm tied to a chain she starts silently searching something within the map.

Finally, she snaps out.

"It appears that I have found the people you seek," she says. "However, if you ever encounter them, you should never mention us in all this. Do we have a deal?"

King Tius
2011-05-11, 09:20 PM
"You have my word, Madam." He gives a slight nod as he says this.

Belthasar
2011-05-11, 10:27 PM
Madam Eva nods before speaking. "Between Barovia and Barkanaug, past the building with a white deer, into the woods, a long trip ahead," she says, "there is a solitary hut which holds many secrets. When your path crosses with the people you seek, you will find them there."

Side-Quest added: :smallsmile:
After this module is finished, you can go to the hut to fulfill your mission. You can do it either as a solo adventure or convince some party members to accompany you.

Of course, it's an optional quest.